Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao posted again, 1-8-09; He's not a happy camper
Topic Started: Jan 8 2009, 04:26 PM (1,717 Views)
hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

http://www.thaaopenghlis.com/id2.htm

click on his guestbook.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thaao isn't the only one who is disappointed.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...there must be changes to the EMMY rules. They can only submit one tape this year? Hmm...interesting. That could change things big time. I wonder what category Thaoo is submitting in? I agree that episode with him and Stefano facing off is his strongest from last year.

I feel bad for him. It sounds like either he is back to not getting any work at all or maybe he expected his recent surge in material to lead somewhere and he is still doing the exact same thing we've been seeing of late.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Join the club, Thaao.

I don't think anyone's a happy camper these days. Except maybe Galen Gering.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 8 2009, 04:30 PM
Wow...there must be changes to the EMMY rules. They can only submit one tape this year? Hmm...interesting. That could change things big time. I wonder what category Thaoo is submitting in? I agree that episode with him and Stefano facing off is his strongest from last year.

I feel bad for him. It sounds like either he is back to not getting any work at all or maybe he expected his recent surge in material to lead somewhere and he is still doing the exact same thing we've been seeing of late.
idk, he sounds seriously pissed. I don't think he was fired though because he would have encouraged us to write in to the show. From his comment about making the writing better, I'm assuming he's not happy with the writing.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Poor Thaao. Hogan salvaged Tony in 2007, but ever since Andre died, no one has given him a thing(except that small story earlier in the year and Ed wrote for him in August).....this month he's been getting some stuff but I never expected it to last long. I'm surprised Thaao and LeAnn are even still here.

Wait a minute, is LeAnn even on Days anymore?

Kenny
Member Avatar

daysfan
Jan 8 2009, 04:46 PM
In name only. That's my guess.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Jan 8 2009, 04:46 PM
Poor Thaao. Hogan salvaged Tony in 2007, but ever since Andre died, no one has given him a thing(except that small story earlier in the year and Ed wrote for him in August).....this month he's been getting some stuff but I never expected it to last long. I'm surprised Thaao and LeAnn are even still here.

She hasn't appeared at all since Tomlin takes over. Kind of says alot about what he thinks of her.

I say this get rid of him. I laid off because they were starting to use him but enough is enough. It's just a waste to tie him down at this point. They've wasted him for most of his run except when he was Andre. It's clear the only time they want to use him is when he's a darker character anyway.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can't really say that I'm upset that Tony and Anna haven't been given material because I really don't care about those two characters. I would sound like the biggest hypocrite considering that I just wrote them out of my own fan fiction. I just couldn't think of a place where they fit so I gave them the boot. Instead of just having the two sit around as background material, I wish the show would do the same. I'd rather see the character gone than not used, but that's just me.

He can't be submitting in the lead category, correct? He has to be submitting into supporting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I would assume he would, Drew.

Unless they asked him to submit lead because of last year but that would be just dumb. He may actually have a chance in supporting because that category is usually weak IMO. I would think he would submit supporting but we have seen supporting actors submit lead before.

daysfan
Member Avatar

I love Thaao and all, but it'd be so ridiculous for him to submit lead. With the exception of August(when Ed tried to get that DiMera story up and running), Thaao was on like...once a month? And when he was on, he was never doing much. Mainly(up until the past few months), he was just with Anna. I don't think they did anything lead worthy.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Dang it my browser won't let me open it ... I just love Thaao and when he's not happy I'm not happy!

bellcurve
Member Avatar

The shows are only submitting one tape? That's bull, but not surprising at all.

Maybe it will even the playing field for everyone. But I don't know how someone can judge whether someone deserves the award based on one episode and one round of judging. I think it's bullshit.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

I think Thaao's playing Andre again. Wait until you see Monday's clip.

Kenny
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Jan 9 2009, 11:46 PM
Didn't he mention something in his previous guestbook entry that Andre would be back to torment Nicole or something?

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Kenny
Jan 9 2009, 11:50 PM
hoochielicious
Jan 9 2009, 11:46 PM
Didn't he mention something in his previous guestbook entry that Andre would be back to torment Nicole or something?
Yeah, he said "A little Andre popping in to disturb her happy state." That's not Tony on Monday. He's smoking a cigar in the morning room of the DiMansion. He doesn't care that she's pregnant and that she's fanning the smoke away. He's warning her that EJ's more interested in work than her and the baby. She said she doesn't mind EJ not being there for the birth if he has to work. She accuses him of being jealous of EJ. Then Tony spies on Ejole when they discuss EJ's work. The whole eppy has Tony completely out of character.

The clips are at the DiMera Den message board under video clips, 2000s clips, 2009.

Mason

WTF? Andre's back? Is this for real?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 10 2009, 12:04 AM
I'm hoping it's just his ghost, because the last thing we need is another back from the dead story for a character that was already destroyed.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Mason
idk, but it's not Tony on Monday unless he's trying to impersonate Andre. Tony does not smoke. He sure as hell wouldn't smoke around a pregnant woman. Wait until you see it for yourself. I don't get why Tony would be antagonistic with Nicole. They never had any bad blood between them.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Kenny
Jan 10 2009, 12:06 AM
Mason
I'm hoping it's just his ghost, because the last thing we need is another back from the dead story for a character that was already destroyed.
JER destroyed Tony/Andre. Andre was written well in the 80s.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply