Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao posted again, 1-8-09; He's not a happy camper
Topic Started: Jan 8 2009, 04:26 PM (1,754 Views)
Mason

hoochielicious
Jan 10 2009, 12:09 AM
Mason
Jan 10 2009, 12:04 AM
WTF? Andre's back? Is this for real?
idk, but it's not Tony on Monday unless he's trying to impersonate Andre. Tony does not smoke. He sure as hell wouldn't smoke around a pregnant woman. Wait until you see it for yourself. I don't get why Tony would be antagonistic with Nicole. They never had any bad blood between them.
That wouldn't matter to a plot-driven writer like Higley who doesn't give a damn about what a character would do. Either way, this is just stupid.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Jan 9 2009, 11:56 PM
Kenny
Jan 9 2009, 11:50 PM
hoochielicious
Jan 9 2009, 11:46 PM
I think Thaao's playing Andre again. Wait until you see Monday's clip.
Didn't he mention something in his previous guestbook entry that Andre would be back to torment Nicole or something?
Yeah, he said "A little Andre popping in to disturb her happy state." That's not Tony on Monday. He's smoking a cigar in the morning room of the DiMansion. He doesn't care that she's pregnant and that she's fanning the smoke away. He's warning her that EJ's more interested in work than her and the baby. She said she doesn't mind EJ not being there for the birth if he has to work. She accuses him of being jealous of EJ. Then Tony spies on Ejole when they discuss EJ's work. The whole eppy has Tony completely out of character.

The clips are at the DiMera Den message board under video clips, 2000s clips, 2009.
Wow, I thought Thaao was just gonna make Tony a little more grey when he said "A little Andre popping in to disturb her happy state". What if Andres really back, I would love that so much.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Kenny
Jan 10 2009, 12:06 AM
Mason
I'm hoping it's just his ghost, because the last thing we need is another back from the dead story for a character that was already destroyed.
JER destroyed Tony/Andre. Andre was written well in the 80s.
You know, JERs episodes are still on here and I love those scenes knowing it is Andre.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 02:25 AM
hoochielicious
Jan 9 2009, 11:56 PM
Kenny
Jan 9 2009, 11:50 PM
hoochielicious
Jan 9 2009, 11:46 PM
I think Thaao's playing Andre again. Wait until you see Monday's clip.
Didn't he mention something in his previous guestbook entry that Andre would be back to torment Nicole or something?
Yeah, he said "A little Andre popping in to disturb her happy state." That's not Tony on Monday. He's smoking a cigar in the morning room of the DiMansion. He doesn't care that she's pregnant and that she's fanning the smoke away. He's warning her that EJ's more interested in work than her and the baby. She said she doesn't mind EJ not being there for the birth if he has to work. She accuses him of being jealous of EJ. Then Tony spies on Ejole when they discuss EJ's work. The whole eppy has Tony completely out of character.

The clips are at the DiMera Den message board under video clips, 2000s clips, 2009.
Wow, I thought Thaao was just gonna make Tony a little more grey when he said "A little Andre popping in to disturb her happy state". What if Andres really back, I would love that so much.
I know you would. lol I'm happy if Andre's back if it gives Thaao a storyline. Yeah, I was not expecting to see Tony that dark. I just thought he was going to be snarky with her.

The thing is, we don't know if Tony is this dark because of the writing or if it's Thaao's doing. He's smoked before on the show when it wasn't in the script.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 02:26 AM
hoochielicious
Kenny
Mason
I'm hoping it's just his ghost, because the last thing we need is another back from the dead story for a character that was already destroyed.
You know, JERs episodes are still on here and I love those scenes knowing it is Andre.
I love Thaao no matter who he is playing. Andre was well rounded in the 80s. He had a love life. He wanted to marry Anna. He showed internal conflict for the murders. JER and Sheffer's Andre wasn't that deep. He was just a psycho. Good or bad, I like my characters complex. That's why I don't tend to like the Bradys. There's nothing complex or complicated about them.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I agree with you on that. One thing I thought was silly about Andre in 2005 was the whole Georgia thing.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 11:08 AM
I agree with you on that. One thing I thought was silly about Andre in 2005 was the whole Georgia thing.
Andre being obsessed with breaking up the couples was weird. The biggest joke to me was Andre taking over the world with a briefcase. That was fucking stupid.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Jan 10 2009, 11:20 AM
Sindacco
Andre being obsessed with breaking up the couples was weird. The biggest joke to me was Andre taking over the world with a briefcase. That was fucking stupid.
Yep, I would take Sheffers Andre anyday over JERs (even though I liked JERs in a way).

Sindacco
Member Avatar

But I did like Andre more in 2004-2005 than mid 2003 when Higley was writing. I didn't like her writing for him at all.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 11:23 AM
hoochielicious
Jan 10 2009, 11:20 AM
Sindacco
Yep, I would take Sheffers Andre anyday over JERs (even though I liked JERs in a way).
IA Sheffer's Andre was better. He just ran around stabbing ppl instead of plotting world domination. He was more of a normal murderer than a sci fi freak with a lookalike island Salem.

JER's Andre wasn't that bad the last time until the island. Thaao had some great speeches while the murders were occuring. I do like that version of Tony, the one who was trying to figure out who the murderer was.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 11:24 AM
But I did like Andre more in 2004-2005 than mid 2003 when Higley was writing. I didn't like her writing for him at all.
I liked her writing for him the last time other than the goop and the whorehouse. lol The Tony/John rivalry was fun. I liked seeing Tony as a dad with the twins. He seemed to be on quite a bit as the lead. He was the head of the DiMera empire. That was definitely better than Tony now warning EJ and being snarky with Stefano.

I wish they would have just stuck with the storyline they had going with the hospital scenes in August. That was a great umbrella story for all the vets. Tony and Stefano had the best debate of the year. Plus there was a balance for Tony with him declaring his love for Anna at the same time. You saw all of his character then. Now it's just snarky Tony being bitchy.

I didn't like the island/castle/island storylines.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

My favorite part of that was Andre was a samurai, I thought that was awesome.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Jan 10 2009, 11:35 AM
I wish they would have just stuck with the storyline they had going with the hospital scenes in August. That was a great umbrella story for all the vets. Tony and Stefano had the best debate of the year. Plus there was a balance for Tony with him declaring his love for Anna at the same time. You saw all of his character then. Now it's just snarky Tony being bitchy.
I wanted EJ and Tony to work together against Stefano but then the two of them would go against each other. I want them to either make Tony more dark, or bring back Andre. But I don't want him to just pop up once in a while to just give advice like now.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
My favorite part of that was Andre was a samurai, I thought that was awesome.
lmao. I love a good swordfight. Much classier than a gun or a briefcase.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 11:40 AM
hoochielicious
I wanted EJ and Tony to work together against Stefano but then the two of them would go against each other. I want them to either make Tony more dark, or bring back Andre. But I don't want him to just pop up once in a while to just give advice like now.
From what Thaao told us in Burlington, that's what they were going to do. EJony was going to take down John, then Stefano, then turn on each other. Now we just have Tony either trying to legitimately warn EJole or he wants the power for himself, which is out of character. Tony's had his own business for a year now. He didn't want the DiMera empire. I don't get the change of heart unless it's not Tony. It would make sense for it to be Andre since he cared about the empire and insisted on being Stefano's only heir. He's acting like Andre did last year.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

I just read a new theory. That Tony suspected before Monday's eppy that Nicole isn't really pregnant, thus he smoked around her to see if she would object. Then she slipped that she would prefer EJ not being at the birth. And she told EJ with Tony hiding in another room that she doesn't mind EJ working a lot and possibly missing the birth.

Nicole Walker

I liked Andre so I hope he comes back! I do believe he's jealous of EJ so Nicole is right.

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mason
Well we don't know if it really is Andre or not, but Thaao sure is playing it like Andre. It could be just him doing this on his own hoping for something down the road for his storyline. But that wasn't Tony in those scenes. Of course it could be Tony pretending to be Andre to gain control of the family to restore the name because Tony never really was concerned about the money or power. Or is he just trying to trick Nicole with the smoking and talking down EJ. Maybe he suspects her of lying. ALot of possibilites here and Thaao knows it,
Edited by marianne557, Jan 11 2009, 02:19 PM.

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
hoochielicious
Kenny
Mason
Yes he was I agree. He wasn't a crazy madman like Reilly made him. He was just power hungry and jealous of Tony and wanted favor with Stefano. He also loved Anna and treated her like a queen that is until she found out about his plan.

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 02:26 AM
hoochielicious
Kenny
Mason
LOL you did love the crazy Andre and I do now too knowing it was Andre. I have always enjoyed him no matter what. Sure wasn't boring with him around! He is so Sweeevil as the hoochies say!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply