Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao posted again, 1-8-09; He's not a happy camper
Topic Started: Jan 8 2009, 04:26 PM (1,799 Views)
marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
hoochielicious
Jan 10 2009, 10:52 AM
Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 02:25 AM
hoochielicious
Jan 9 2009, 11:56 PM
Kenny
Jan 9 2009, 11:50 PM
hoochielicious
Jan 9 2009, 11:46 PM
I think Thaao's playing Andre again. Wait until you see Monday's clip.
Didn't he mention something in his previous guestbook entry that Andre would be back to torment Nicole or something?
Yeah, he said "A little Andre popping in to disturb her happy state." That's not Tony on Monday. He's smoking a cigar in the morning room of the DiMansion. He doesn't care that she's pregnant and that she's fanning the smoke away. He's warning her that EJ's more interested in work than her and the baby. She said she doesn't mind EJ not being there for the birth if he has to work. She accuses him of being jealous of EJ. Then Tony spies on Ejole when they discuss EJ's work. The whole eppy has Tony completely out of character.

The clips are at the DiMera Den message board under video clips, 2000s clips, 2009.
Wow, I thought Thaao was just gonna make Tony a little more grey when he said "A little Andre popping in to disturb her happy state". What if Andres really back, I would love that so much.
I know you would. lol I'm happy if Andre's back if it gives Thaao a storyline. Yeah, I was not expecting to see Tony that dark. I just thought he was going to be snarky with her.

The thing is, we don't know if Tony is this dark because of the writing or if it's Thaao's doing. He's smoked before on the show when it wasn't in the script.
Me either I thought ok Tony was going to get a liitle nasty with her and call her out on some things but as Tony. He completely changed the character.

Yes I would like to know if Thaao just did this on his own playing the scene that way. But wouldn't you think Higley or the director would recognize this and tell him they didn't want it played that way?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
hoochielicious
Jan 10 2009, 11:20 AM
Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 11:08 AM
I agree with you on that. One thing I thought was silly about Andre in 2005 was the whole Georgia thing.
Andre being obsessed with breaking up the couples was weird. The biggest joke to me was Andre taking over the world with a briefcase. That was fucking stupid.
That whole storyline after Reilly had to change the killer from Marlena to Tony/Andre was fucking stupid. Would have been much more interesting if Marlena would have stayed the killer but OH NO it had to be a DiMera again!

Yeah I know Thaao was being punished! But he got the last laugh didnt he! ;)

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sindacco
Jan 10 2009, 11:40 AM
hoochielicious
Jan 10 2009, 11:35 AM
I wish they would have just stuck with the storyline they had going with the hospital scenes in August. That was a great umbrella story for all the vets. Tony and Stefano had the best debate of the year. Plus there was a balance for Tony with him declaring his love for Anna at the same time. You saw all of his character then. Now it's just snarky Tony being bitchy.
I wanted EJ and Tony to work together against Stefano but then the two of them would go against each other. I want them to either make Tony more dark, or bring back Andre. But I don't want him to just pop up once in a while to just give advice like now.
That whole DiMera war storyline with Tony/EJ/John and Stefano would have been great if done right. It would have made Tony struggle with his morals of fighting dirty to gain control and having that somehow affect his marriage with Anna. Maybe he would have gone completely to the dark DiMera side and Anna would have had to fight to get him away from that.

Now we just have him propping everyone. What a fucking waste of talent. And I just don't mean Thaao's. Joe, Drake, Leann, Deidre, Stephen, MB, Kristian Peter and James could have all been used in this story. Actually all the best talent on the show.

marianne557
Viscount/Viscountess
[ *  *  *  * ]
hoochielicious
Jan 10 2009, 12:00 PM
Sindacco
hoochielicious
I wish they would have just stuck with the storyline they had going with the hospital scenes in August. That was a great umbrella story for all the vets. Tony and Stefano had the best debate of the year. Plus there was a balance for Tony with him declaring his love for Anna at the same time. You saw all of his character then. Now it's just snarky Tony being bitchy.
I wanted EJ and Tony to work together against Stefano but then the two of them would go against each other. I want them to either make Tony more dark, or bring back Andre. But I don't want him to just pop up once in a while to just give advice like now.
From what Thaao told us in Burlington, that's what they were going to do. EJony was going to take down John, then Stefano, then turn on each other. Now we just have Tony either trying to legitimately warn EJole or he wants the power for himself, which is out of character. Tony's had his own business for a year now. He didn't want the DiMera empire. I don't get the change of heart unless it's not Tony. It would make sense for it to be Andre since he cared about the empire and insisted on being Stefano's only heir. He's acting like Andre did last year.
Or like I mentioned before this could be Tony just pretending to be Andre then gain control and restore the family name. I think that would be a nice twist. Even have Tony while pretending to be Andre actually fall into that dark side and have Tony change into a nastier character.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

marianne557
Jan 11 2009, 02:41 PM
Sindacco
hoochielicious
That whole DiMera war storyline with Tony/EJ/John and Stefano would have been great if done right. It would have made Tony struggle with his morals of fighting dirty to gain control and having that somehow affect his marriage with Anna. Maybe he would have gone completely to the dark DiMera side and Anna would have had to fight to get him away from that.

Now we just have him propping everyone. What a fucking waste of talent. And I just don't mean Thaao's. Joe, Drake, Leann, Deidre, Stephen, MB, Kristian Peter and James could have all been used in this story. Actually all the best talent on the show.
The whole "dark side" storyline they could have used with Tanna, they are using instead with EJole. But EJole's relationship is not as strong as Tanna's so it doesn't work as well. Anna would be upset if Tony worked 24/7. Nicole doesn't care.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply