Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: New Promo!; "A special two week reunion event..."
Topic Started: Jan 9 2009, 11:01 PM (5,298 Views)
Jiggs
Member Avatar

King
Jan 10 2009, 03:53 PM
Awesome! Really cannot wait for any of this.

I love a good affair storyline. It is pretty much the only quasi-good thing they've done with Daniel since he started.

Can't wait for J&M!

I love that music.
This isn't a good affair story, imo. Now, J&M had a good... no GREAT... affair storyline. You had years of build up and people who actually knew each other. I can't for the life of me figure out why I should care who Chloe is with. She doesn't know either of them and there is nothing at stake. This "affair" story is about as contrived as they come.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Jan 11 2009, 01:24 AM
Who did Sami cheat with?

Did Caustin have sex behind Lucas and Sami's back or just kiss a few times?
You don't remember Carrie fucking Austin then fucking Lucas right after for pity?

As for Sami, she cheated emotionally with E.J. for months, IMO! Not that I'm saying Sami loved E.J at all, but still.
Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jan 10 2009, 08:17 PM
Manny
Jan 10 2009, 10:42 AM
So we've know for MONTHS that John and Marlena are leaving the show, yet they couldn't make an exit STORYLINE for them? They give them a "two week event"? Ridiculous... John and Marlena should have had a MONTHS of storyline leading up to their departure. And when I say months, I mean months on front burner...

But it doesn't surprise me. They did the same with Carrie and Austin and some others in the past as well.

I was interested to watch Marlena and John's departure, but I'm not sure I will now.
This is not true. They were fired at the end of November. And for some reason they had to tape the last episode before the christmas studio dark which started at December 22. So even if the writers knew a little sooner than it was officially announced, they still had only 3 weeks to rewrite the already prepared scripts, create some quick but not completely pointless end of Dr. Taylor storyline and send Jarlena away.
I don't buy it. They could have gotten rid of Dr. Taylor and nobody would have cared. I know I wouldn't have spent a second wondering where she disappeared to. And there is no excuse for making John paralyzed and writing this so badly.

King
Member Avatar

Oh well, both of those times was forgettable enough for me not to remember it. LOL. Lucas must be bad in bed or have a small pee pee. :)

I am looking forward to this nonetheless. Chloe is going to be a such a pariah!

That was a good storyline, jiggs. I don't think we'll ever see anything that good on daytime again.

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Jan 11 2009, 01:29 AM
Oh well, both of those times was forgettable enough for me not to remember it. LOL. Lucas must be bad in bed or have a small pee pee. :)

That was a good storyline, jiggs. I don't think we'll ever see anything that good on daytime again.
I think the direction for Lucas with this story has so much potential but it won't be reached.
Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

King

You're right, stories like that can never happen again.

I thought Chloe was already a pariah? Does anyone really care if she has an affair, other than Lucas and maybe Kate? And really, it's not like Lucas even really knows Chloe. The only fallout will be Lucas getting hurt, and he seemed to get over losing Sami pretty fast so I doubt Chloe will be much of a burden to forget. There is absolutely no story here.

Mason
Member Avatar

There's certainly nothing original or fresh about it, either. It's the same story Lucas has had on an almost biannual basis for years now, with just a different love interest.

Ellie

I'm a little late to the party here, but I just cannot get over the gall they have in calling this a "two-week reunion event". The only reason J&M are on so much in the next two weeks is because Drake and Deidre were FIRED, and the shows have to be crammed in so we can watch John be paralyzed and immobile by a certain date. It sounds like most of John's scenes in the next two weeks will be with Charlotte Taylor and Marlena's will be with Brady. Marlena and John probably don't reunite until the last ten minutes of the last show. Yet, it's a "two-week reunion event." What's in next week's promo, the footage of Deidre cleaning out her dressing room?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 11 2009, 02:11 AM
I'm a little late to the party here, but I just cannot get over the gall they have in calling this a "two-week reunion event". The only reason J&M are on so much in the next two weeks is because Drake and Deidre were FIRED, and the shows have to be crammed in so we can watch John be paralyzed and immobile by a certain date. It sounds like most of John's scenes in the next two weeks will be with Charlotte Taylor and Marlena's will be with Brady. Marlena and John probably don't reunite until the last ten minutes of the last show. Yet, it's a "two-week reunion event." What's in next week's promo, the footage of Deidre cleaning out her dressing room?
Haha, Ellie! Wanna join the class action suit?

King
Member Avatar

Well, cheating on a Horton is kind of a big deal. After giving the marrow to save his mom, it will churn out some good scenes.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Well I like sex just as much as the next person but I do not find it interesting or sexy that Chloe was sex buddies with Phillip in June, had sex with Lucas in an elevator in July and within six months has sex with Dr. Dan. WTF? I mean I have watched soaps for most of my life, which is only 34 years however this is not "soapy" at all. This is disgusting. And Lucas just needs to lay down and allow everyone to walk all over him as he has simply become a human carpet. At this point I don't even feel bad for him.

I won't even talk about the mess that is John and Marlena' last hoorah! UGHHHHH!

Vandoodle
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the link Kenny

So sad that the end is in sight :frownie: No more John and Marlena :frown:

WHY WHY ? are they even leaving it's so wrong :angry:

Deidre and Drake are the BEST :applause:

ges
Member Avatar

Lucas and Chloe have an engagement party that lasts two weeks? Somebody shoot me now. I'll never forget how fast Lucas got over Carrie banging Lucas' brother on the roof right after they were married. One angry speech and then he was flirting with Sammi. He also got over Sammi in one day. So how are we supposed to care that he gets the shit on again if he apparently doesn't.?
Chloe cheats on Lucas? Who cares? Does Hackley really think this is interesting drama? Don't answer that. As to how much time she had to "throw together an exit story for John and Marlena,
I'm not buying that crap that she didn't have enough time. We all could have set the proper tone and devotion to this story that it needed in half an hour. All she had to do was give the writers an outline. She decided not to do it justice. She decided to make John paralyzed and continue the involvement of Dr. Charlotte. (I can't even bear to look at her it makes me so mad.) didn't we have the psychiatrist who is really a psycho stalker killer not too long ago with one of the Romans?
She can't even come up with anything original. the promo is a load of horseshit and Hackley is the horse. Plain and simple. Just when you think she can't get any worse, any more insulting to the audience and actors. She does. An evil bitch does not even begin to describe her. After all these years this is what Jarlena gets! and don't forget folks! She was just as upset and surprised when Jarlena was fired as you were. Lying whore of Satan. :flipoff:

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I think there will be great reaaction from the Hortons and Kate, when Chloe and Daniel's affair is revealed.

King
Member Avatar

I do feel for J&M fans. This exit does seem rushed. It really should have been bigger and better.

BUT

I do see why DAYS doesn't want to focus too much on J&M before the exit. It makes sense. They probably know they are going to lose a lot of viewers when they leave so why build up the show and make it rely on J&M if you are just going to write them out? I am not saying it's what I would do, but I could see, from the show's standpoint, why they are doing it.

I don't know if I would write a huge exit for them either (on my blog I would, but a blog and the real thing...so different LOL), but their final week would definitely be dedicated to lots of flashbacks and tributes, if I were writing it! I'm not sure why they are not giving J*M fans that, at least.
Edited by King, Jan 11 2009, 02:02 PM.

peaches179

King

ICAM! One of the best storylines on Days!

Ellie

King
Jan 11 2009, 02:01 PM
I do see why DAYS doesn't want to focus too much on J&M before the exit. It makes sense. They probably know they are going to lose a lot of viewers when they leave so why build up the show and make it rely on J&M if you are just going to write them out? I am not saying it's what I would do, but I could see, from the show's standpoint, why they are doing it.
But they are focusing on them! J&M are going to be on almost every day for the next two weeks. The promo we're discussing talked about a "two-week reunion event", which is apparently what the show thinks they're giving us. The show is attempting to bring in new viewers for this, but those new viewers will be let down at the end as well. So in other words, whether someone has been following J&M for 23 years or for two weeks, they're going to be extremely disappointed by the ending to this story.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Jan 11 2009, 02:01 PM
I don't know if I would write a huge exit for them either (on my blog I would, but a blog and the real thing...so different LOL), but their final week would definitely be dedicated to lots of flashbacks and tributes, if I were writing it! I'm not sure why they are not giving J*M fans that, at least.
Because they just plain don't give a shit. I think they're making that very clear now.

King
Member Avatar

I disagree, Ellie. I don't think that is focusing or investing in them much at all. I do think it is intentional.

But for the sake of argument, if I were to agree with you that they'll be the main focus over the course of these ten episodes, the ten episode story in and of itself isn't really a main focus...even if they are the main focus. LOL.
Edited by King, Jan 11 2009, 03:40 PM.

Ellie

King
Jan 11 2009, 03:17 PM
I disagree, Ellie. I don't think that is focusing or investing in them much at all. I do think it is intentional.

But for the sake of argument, if I were to agree with you that they'll be the main focus over the course of these ten episodes, the ten episode story in and of itself isn't really a main focus...even if they are the main focus. LOL.
Hi, so what you're saying is, the show is going to promote the fact that they're showing J&M flashbacks, and J&M are going to be on every day, and the last show(s) will feature the real "heavy hitters" in the flashback department, but they're structuring the story around Dr. Taylor and ending it with John's paralysis so that viewers won't really care?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply