Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: New Promo!; "A special two week reunion event..."
Topic Started: Jan 9 2009, 11:01 PM (5,311 Views)
Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Jan 13 2009, 02:55 AM
Mason
Jan 12 2009, 08:43 PM
SpriteEyes
Jan 12 2009, 08:13 PM
Mikegoldy
Jan 11 2009, 12:22 AM
Beth
Jan 10 2009, 11:26 PM
I am starting to like the Daniel and Chloe storyline as well. Someone please shoot me. :shrug: It's like a trainwreck; I like looking. :embarrassed:
I think it may be the trainwreck appeal lol But there is just something about them that hooks me. For one,
it plays to their abilities lol (love you Nadia and Shawn, but acting isn't what you're best at), and I just enjoy the overall story. I don't know if it's because DAYS doesn't usually do these kinds of stories, or because it's just trashy, but it's certainly fun.
And it's totally unexpected and nobody predicted it.
It's unexpected because it's so random and out of nowhere - something that is not necessarily a good thing.
You said exactly what I was thinking! There was no build-up at all, and the fallout is pretty irrelevant to anything as well. Lucas gets hurt again. Big deal. Chloe ends up with Daniel perhaps. So what? Kate is pissed. Oh how original.
And yet, some of us are looking forward to what happens. How the Hortons react. How Philip, and Kate, and Chelsea react. It well help us deal with John and Marlena leaving
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 13 2009, 09:29 PM
Obviously, J&M are not the only ones to get a shitty exit, but what would you have people do? List out each and every one of them every time they complain about J&M's exit?
LOL! Apparently J&M fans aren't allowed to be upset or that automatically means we think J&M have it the worst ever. So high school.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mikegoldy
Jan 13 2009, 11:45 PM
Jiggs
Jan 13 2009, 02:55 AM
Mason
Jan 12 2009, 08:43 PM
SpriteEyes
Jan 12 2009, 08:13 PM
Mikegoldy
Jan 11 2009, 12:22 AM
Beth
Jan 10 2009, 11:26 PM
I am starting to like the Daniel and Chloe storyline as well. Someone please shoot me. :shrug: It's like a trainwreck; I like looking. :embarrassed:
I think it may be the trainwreck appeal lol But there is just something about them that hooks me. For one,
it plays to their abilities lol (love you Nadia and Shawn, but acting isn't what you're best at), and I just enjoy the overall story. I don't know if it's because DAYS doesn't usually do these kinds of stories, or because it's just trashy, but it's certainly fun.
And it's totally unexpected and nobody predicted it.
It's unexpected because it's so random and out of nowhere - something that is not necessarily a good thing.
You said exactly what I was thinking! There was no build-up at all, and the fallout is pretty irrelevant to anything as well. Lucas gets hurt again. Big deal. Chloe ends up with Daniel perhaps. So what? Kate is pissed. Oh how original.
And yet, some of us are looking forward to what happens. How the Hortons react. How Philip, and Kate, and Chelsea react. It well help us deal with John and Marlena leaving
Huh? You said you didn't care about J&M. Not that you have to, but since you don't care it wouldn't seem to matter what happens to J&M.

I am just stating my opinion about the Danloe story. If you find it intriguing good for you. I just don't see it.

I was watching today and Lucas seems like a pod person. Lucas could be anyone in this story. Being Lucas in the story has no meaning.

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

Quote:

Big deal??

For those of us who like the guy, it IS a big deal. Some of us are really sick of seeing him get crapped on over and over again. He got crapped on by Nicole. Then Carrie. Then Sami. The Carrie crapping was really bad. The Sami crapping was the worst. I don't care about the argument of those who say he told Sami to move on when he went to prison. She could have moved on with someone else, anyone else, and he would have been hurt, but understood. But she went and scrumped his worst enemy, the guy he warned her not to trust, the guy who made their lives hell, and the guy she said raped her. How sick is that? How could any man be okay with that?

So when TPTB throw him into this relationship with Chloe out of nowhere, just to have him crapped on AGAIN, by her of all people, it's a big deal. I frigging hate Chloe. She's going to seriously hurt and humiliate him, and he's already been hurt way more than his share. Someone should crap all over Chloe, not Lucas. The guy deserves a break for a change.
Edited by Pudge Goddess, Jan 14 2009, 12:57 AM.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Pudge Goddess
Jan 14 2009, 12:51 AM
Quote:

Big deal??

For those of us who like the guy, it IS a big deal. Some of us are really sick of seeing him get crapped on over and over again. He got crapped on by Nicole. Then Carrie. Then Sami. The Carrie crapping was really bad. The Sami crapping was the worst. I don't care about the argument of those who say he told Sami to move on when he went to prison. She could have moved on with someone else, anyone else, and he would have been hurt, but understood. But she went and scrumped his worst enemy, the guy he warned her not to trust, the guy who made their lives hell, and the guy she said raped her. How sick is that? How could any man be okay with that?

So when TPTB throw him into this relationship with Chloe out of nowhere, just to have him crapped on AGAIN, by her of all people, it's a big deal. I frigging hate Chloe. She's going to seriously hurt and humiliate him, and he's already been hurt way more than his share. Someone should crap all over Chloe, not Lucas. The guy deserves a break for a change.
I agree with you. Lucas is acting like a pod. It's like they needed someone to play the part of the cuckold in this story and pulled his name out of a hat.

King
Member Avatar

I love Lucas acting like a lovesick idiot.

It reminds me of 90's JER DAYS. Bring it.

squee
Member Avatar

Mikegoldy
Jan 13 2009, 11:45 PM
And yet, some of us are looking forward to what happens. How the Hortons react. How Philip, and Kate, and Chelsea react.
"The Hortons"? You mean Maggie? Meh.

And Kate should call a family meeting to issue a mandate. From now on, no more sharing of the fuck buddies.

Philip + Brady + Lucas = Chloe
Philip + Shawn = Belle
Austin + Lucas = Carrie
Austin + Lucas = Sami
Kate + Billie = Roman
Kate + Chelsea = Daniel
Billie + Chelsea = Nick

You know what would be surprising or unexpected with these people? If some guy looked sideways at Chloe and she kept her legs shut. If Daniel had a female patient that he didn't pounce on like they were catnip. If Lucas were involved with a woman that didn't shit all over him. *That* would be unexpected.

Ellie

squee
Jan 14 2009, 03:22 AM
And Kate should call a family meeting to issue a mandate. From now on, no more sharing of the fuck buddies.

Philip + Shawn = Belle
Austin + Lucas = Carrie
Austin + Lucas = Sami
Kate + Billie = Roman
Kate + Chelsea = Daniel
Billie + Chelsea = Nick
ROFL! Impressive list! The Kate ones are just... ewww. That's the whole thing with this story... like at Lucas's engagement party, there are three generations there of women in the family (Kate, Chloe - "the future Mrs. Lucas Horton", and Chelsea), and they've all slept with the same guy!! And not only that, BUT, they've all been patients of his! Guess he gives "family practice" a whole new definition. :'(

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Pudge Goddess
Quote:

Big deal??

Since we can't use emoticon only replies, I will add these words, THEN the emoticon.........

:hail: :hail: :hail:

Which adds to my point.............there are some posters who get upset when OTHER characters get crapped on, and hopefully, that can be respected as much as the respect when the characters get bashed.
But, Pudgy, here, as long as you don't get bashed, they can express that kind of stuff for Lucas. But, rest assured, I'm on your side on this. I've always hated this stuff for Lucas.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jan 14 2009, 06:50 AM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 14 2009, 04:05 AM
squee
Jan 14 2009, 03:22 AM

Philip + Shawn = Belle
Austin + Lucas = Carrie
Austin + Lucas = Sami
Kate + Billie = Roman
Kate + Chelsea = Daniel
Billie + Chelsea = Nick
ROFL! Impressive list! The Kate ones are just... ewww. That's the whole thing with this story... like at Lucas's engagement party, there are three generations there of women in the family (Kate, Chloe - "the future Mrs. Lucas Horton", and Chelsea), and they've all slept with the same guy!! And not only that, BUT, they've all been patients of his! Guess he gives "family practice" a whole new definition. :'(
I have been known to use my FF'd button but when did Chelsea sleep with Dan? I thought she decided to go thru his phone or messages or something and those thoughts went out the window.

From what I remember about Dan's romantic history is that up until very recently, Dan's only slept with Kate. He still needs one more to catch up to Chloe.

Also, I think Carrie crapped on Lucas the worst. Not only did she cheat on him with his BROTHER she crawled straight out of their honeymoon bed to do it.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Jan 14 2009, 09:47 AM.

FanODays

I'm still praying that the Chloe and Daniel storyline is to set up their exit because after they are exposed what is going to be left for them to do?

Its just wrong to have J&M share a promo with Chloe and Daniel.............

Ellie

ladyofthelake
Jan 14 2009, 06:47 AM
Which adds to my point.............there are some posters who get upset when OTHER characters get crapped on, and hopefully, that can be respected as much as the respect when the characters get bashed.
But, Pudgy, here, as long as you don't get bashed, they can express that kind of stuff for Lucas.
I believe Kenny posted about this in another thread recently, but let's please keep the topic of the threads and the posts away from the other posters. Thanks.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Pudge Goddess
Big deal??

It's no big deal because the writers made no effort to develop Lucas being "in love" with Chloe. He met her in June, banged her in an elevator in July and was pimping her as his insta-soulmate by the end of August. If the relationship isn't credible, his supposed "hurt" and "humiliation" at its destruction won't be either. Jiggs is right that Lucas could be anyone in this story. Aside from his brief defensive reaction when EJ brought up Sami, there hasn't been a single scene in the last 2-3 months that showed his POV beyond the most superficial level. He's basically just a plot device to make Chloe feel guilty and give a dangerous, forbidden aspect to Danloe.

As for Lucas "deserving a break", he'll deserve one when he starts making better relationship decisions. As disgusting as Chloe's behavior is, it was highly foolish of him to dive into another rebound relationships after twice being burned in similar circumstances (Carrie/Nicole).
Edited by Ponz, Jan 14 2009, 11:34 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Lucas and Chloe's "relationship" was never anything more than a plot point to start. Its whole purpose was to throw Philip towards Morgan and get Lucas away from Sami. I agree that we've never seen the relationship develop and I have never had any understanding on any level why either of them would care for each other at all, let alone want to marry each other. I have never been convinced, not for one second, that Lucas and Chloe love each other. At most I have thought Lucas was physically attracted to Chloe, but Nadia never sold that it was mutual. I assume based on what we've been seeing recently and the Will recasting news that a Lumi revisit is pending, but whatever happens, the sooner we get this sham of a relationship over (Lucas/Chloe) the better. It never should have happened to begin with and it surely should not have gotten to this stage. It's been utterly unbelievable and unappealing every step of the way.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

I just hope that they never actually marry.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Ponz
Jan 14 2009, 11:33 AM
Pudge Goddess
Big deal??

It's no big deal because the writers made no effort to develop Lucas being "in love" with Chloe. He met her in June, banged her in an elevator in July and was pimping her as his insta-soulmate by the end of August. If the relationship isn't credible, his supposed "hurt" and "humiliation" at its destruction won't be either. Jiggs is right that Lucas could be anyone in this story. Aside from his brief defensive reaction when EJ brought up Sami, there hasn't been a single scene in the last 2-3 months that showed his POV beyond the most superficial level. He's basically just a plot device to make Chloe feel guilty and give a dangerous, forbidden aspect to Danloe.

Thanks ponz, you totally get what I'm saying!

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 12 2009, 11:37 PM
With John and Marlena, there were YEARS of history that led up to the affair. Not to mention chemistry between them. Daniel/Chloe has neither the history nor (IMO) the chemistry to back it up.
Oh, thank God you said that Daniel and Chloe don't have any chemistry, I thought it was just me!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply