Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Boy Meets World
Topic Started: Jan 11 2009, 12:06 AM (6,218 Views)
ruckuslover
Member Avatar

angela is cool
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ruckuslover
Member Avatar

jack and racheal if u dont no

dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://tvline.com/2012/11/02/girl-meets-world-sequel-pilot-disney/

The world has met Cory Matthews — is it time now to meet his daughter? The Disney Channel is in the early stages of developing a Boy Meets World sequel series called Girl Meets World, TVLine has learned exclusively. Sources say that the cable network is trying to land original series stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to revisit their roles of sweethearts Cory and Topanga, who married before their ABC sitcom ended its seven-season run. The new series would center on their preteen daughter. Since wrapping Boy, Savage’s TV guest-star gigs have included Bones, Chuck and Without a Trace. Fishel’s post-Boy work includes National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze and hosting Style Network’s The Dish.
Edited by dragonflies, Nov 3 2012, 02:22 PM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

dragonflies
Nov 3 2012, 02:21 PM
http://tvline.com/2012/11/02/girl-meets-world-sequel-pilot-disney/

The world has met Cory Matthews — is it time now to meet his daughter? The Disney Channel is in the early stages of developing a Boy Meets World sequel series called Girl Meets World, TVLine has learned exclusively. Sources say that the cable network is trying to land original series stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to revisit their roles of sweethearts Cory and Topanga, who married before their ABC sitcom ended its seven-season run. The new series would center on their preteen daughter. Since wrapping Boy, Savage’s TV guest-star gigs have included Bones, Chuck and Without a Trace. Fishel’s post-Boy work includes National Lampoon Presents Dorm Daze and hosting Style Network’s The Dish.
I would actually LOVE that,but makes me feel old at the same time.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I LOVED Boy Meets World! They do not make shows like this anymore. I loved that this was a sitcom but also dealt with real issues and the characters faced real challenges. Cory/Topanga & Shawn/Angela were the best foursome!

dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://tvline.com/2012/11/05/boy-meets-world-sequel-reactions-story-ideas/

The Boy Meets World Sequel: Your Top 20 Reactions – and the 7 Best Story Ideas!

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

i will def to watch... :)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I miss Sitcoms like this,these days sitcoms on tv are all poopy or sex jokes,I miss shows that had silly funny,but family values.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/11/boy-meets-world-sequel-girl-meets-world-casting-now-meet-riley-and-maya-the-new-cory-and-shawn.html?fb_action_ids=442165575830611&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=s%3DshowShareBarUI%3Ap%3Dfacebook-like&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

We thought it might be too good to be true, but the "Boy Meets World" sequel series "Girl Meets World" is moving forward -- in fact, Disney is casting the pilot episode as we speak.

The pilot will be executive produced and written by Michael Jacobs, who served as executive producer of the original series, and it's set to start shooting in February. There hasn't been any official confirmation as to whether Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel have signed on, but given her playful tweets and the fact that it's moving forward, we can say the chances are very, very good.

In a flash-forward sequence in the original series, the show hinted that Cory and Topanga would have a daughter named "Beverly Glen" -- but in "Girl Meets World," we'll instead be introduced to 13-year-old Riley Matthews.

Here's how she's described in the official casting breakdown: "13 years old, indelible personality, an adorable girl on the cusp of whatever comes next in life, and wanting to rush into it head first. She is fiercely loyal to her friends, and spends most of her time juggling the obstacles that life throws her way... there is no obstacle in this girl's world that can dampen her bright spirit and eternal optimism."

Sounds pretty good, right? In the series, Cory and Topanga also have a 14-year-old son, Elliot, who is a bit of a know-it-all when it comes to bossing his kid sister around.

Oh -- and did we mention that Cory is a seventh grade history teacher? Specifically, Riley's seventh grade history teacher. We always knew he'd follow in Mr. Feeny's footsteps.

Just as Cory had Shawn, Riley has a thick-as-thieves BFF of her own. We can't wait to meet Maya, Riley's best friend -- who is different from Riley in every way. She's a pessimist, and described as "darker and less trusting" than Riley. She's never known her father, and even though she's not a good student by any means, she looks to her history teacher, Cory, as a father figure. She's described as having "acerbic wit" and being "absolutely magnetic in attracting or intimidating the people in her sphere as she cares to. Dark and edgy, but just as fiercely loyal to Riley as Riley is to her."

We're already obsessed. Weigh in below in the comments section with your thoughts (and, obviously, dream casting suggestions!)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Doesn't sound too bad.I think of season one of BMW and never would suspect Cory to be a history teacher.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

thanks for posting....

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Ben & Danielle officially sign on for "Girl Meets World"

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I still giggle when Topanga pushes Cory up against the lockers to kiss him and he tries to get away even though he is handcuffed to a locker,I believe that was Ben's first kiss too.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I giggle too when there in the yard using water guns and Morgan,season one Morgan calls 911 and tells them "they just shot the neighbor",lol.

miracle
Member Avatar

I loved this show I liked the first season when Cory was a kid mr feeny was hilarious

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Boy Meets World - New DVD Plans for the Original Series? 2 Stars Speak Out!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Boy-Meets-World-DVD-Plans/18823#ixzz2bQsHngS1

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Cory is your average guy (Ben Savage). He has a best friend named Shawn (Rider Strong) from the other side of the tracks, a teacher that constantly keeps him on his toes (William Daniels), and a friend named Topanga (Danielle Fishel) whom he has trouble understanding. With the support of his parents and his brother Eric (Will Friedle), Cory learns to cope with the roller coaster called growing up.

Watch as the gang go through the trials and tribulations of junior-high, high school, and finally college and the scary transition into adulthood. First time as a complete set featuring seasons 1-7, all new packaging, and bonus content! The new spin-off series "GIRL MEETS WORLD," featuring Ben Savage (Cory Matthews) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga Lawrence), is set to premier in 2014 on Disney!

Just a week ago today we passed along the great news from two cast members that Lionsgate Entertainment is working on new bonus material for a first-ever release of Boy Meets World - The Complete Collection on DVD! Today the studio made it official, announcing to retailers that this 22-disc set will be available starting November 5th. Details of the all-new bonus material haven't been finalized yet, but stay tuned and we'll let you know when the studio makes that info available! In the meantime, here's the packaging for this item, which will be priced at $99.98 SRP:

Posted Image

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/18855#ixzz2c576BS3v

southrnbygrace
Member Avatar

All my 25 year old wanted for Christmas this year was this entire series on DVD. He's a very happy guy right now!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply