Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Real World: Past Seasons
Topic Started: Jan 11 2009, 11:22 PM (1,521 Views)
Scott
Member Avatar

There's been some conversation about past seasons of the Real World so lets get it going in here! What season was everyone's favorite and who was the worst cast?

My favorite season was definitely New Orleans with Hawaii and Seattle as close seconds. I couldn't stand the Las Vegas cast.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

The only seasons I've watched are Las Vegas and Denver, plus the Reunion season for Las Vegas. I've only seen the slut versions LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

The only time I've ever watched even a little bit of TRW was when it was filmed in Austin, where my hometown is a suburb of.

I hated the depiction of Texas. You'd think we all ride horses as our form of transportation, LoL!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jan 11 2009, 11:24 PM
The only time I've ever watched even a little bit of TRW was when it was filmed in Austin, where my hometown is a suburb of.

I hated the depiction of Texas. You'd think we all ride horses as our form of transportation, LoL!
That's the season with Wes, who I love. He's so goddamn hot!
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

San Francisco is my absolute favourite season. As I said before, Pedro's struggle with AIDS was groundbreaking to watch on TV in the early 90's. I also enjoyed crazy ass Puck and Republican Rachel. LOL! Pedro's story totally put a whole new spotlight on the AIDS issue, and it always freaks me out that he died like a day after the season ended. I loved the little special MTV devoted to Pedro's life after he died.

I really liked Boston, Seattle, and Hawaii to an extent as well.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

yeah, I too have only seen the slut seasons. The Real World didnt get into canada till the last few years when we finally got an MTV Canada (though there was a previous MTV before this one that aired it, that didnt last long on premium cable/sat). I did rent the first season DVD, and it was so different, but good.

Las Vegas was good.

I found Austin boring, yet i know it was apparently one of the more popular ones. The fight that ended it was so weird and stupid.

Key West was meh.

I liked Denver. Of all the ones I'd seen, this was probably one of the best ones.

Sydney was boring and I didnt finish watching it.

Hollywood was ok.
Edited by Drew, Jan 11 2009, 11:33 PM.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I watched pretty regular up through San Diego, minus Las Vegas. I felt watching Las Vegas, I was going to catch a STD through the TV set.
Edited by jcar03, Jan 11 2009, 11:44 PM.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I don't get where this popularity with Austin comes from. Everyone I see discuss it online hated it.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I know! It felt like nothing happened (like Sydney) and most of the cast was annoying. I didnt mind Rachel (though she could be a whinny bitch!), or Danny or the latina girl. The Black Power dude was annoying, the emo hairdresser chick was beyond annoying, Wes was a douchbag, Melinda(or whatever) was a typical blonde.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I watched the secrets of the real world they had on recently and they are doing a movie about Pedro and his life which includes his experience on the San Fransisco season.

Scott
Member Avatar

I actually like San Diego too and even Chicago to an extent but I really don't like Kyle Brandt or whatever his name is.

Pedro actually died only a few hours after the finale of his season!!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Mason

Really?? I didn't get that depiction of Texas at all, not from The Real World at least. That's more of a general stereotype of Texas. What I got from the Real World about Austin as that it was an awesome party town. I don't remember seeing one horse that season, except when they went on that ranch.

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 15 2009, 02:46 PM
Mason

Really?? I didn't get that depiction of Texas at all, not from The Real World at least. That's more of a general stereotype of Texas. What I got from the Real World about Austin as that it was an awesome party town. I don't remember seeing one horse that season, except when they went on that ranch.
Admittedly, I only watched 2 or 3 episodes, so I suppose I could be wrong, LoL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I started watching The Real World, live, during the Hawaii season. Of course, I caught up with some of the previous seasons due to the marathons they used to run before a new season was going to begin. But ever since Hawaii, I've watched every season. My two favorites were Chicago and Hawaii. I loved the drama Tonya and Amaya brought to their seasons. Everyone in the houses hated both of them. It was so funny. The each had their "woe is me" story. And Tonya introduced me to Wala Wala, Washington. Remember that song the roomates made up about her?! LOL!

Here are my rankings from the Real Worlds I've seen.

1. Chicago
2. Hawaii
3. Back to New York
4. San Diego
5. Key West
6. New Orleans
7. Hollywood
8. Denver
9. Austin
10. Las Vegas
11. Philadelphia
12. Sydney
13. Paris (SUCKED!)

I don't think I'm forgetting any seasons. Does anyone remember the movie they made, the TV one? It was like the "Lost Season" and it was filmed in Vancouver. I remember falling for that shit because I think I was like 12 or 13 at the time and I believed that some crazed fan set all that up until I saw the credits at the end. JIP! And then there was the Real World movie that was in the theaters. I think it was set in Cancun. It was another one that had actors.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I enjoyed LA and Miami probably the most. Favorite part of Miami was when Flora was trying to go through the window to see the three way that was going on in the shower. But she actually broke the window.

London was probably the most boring. I did watch all of the Chicago season even though I didn't really care for it because I am from the area so it was interesting for me seeing them go around the city. But I couldn't stand hardly any of the roommates in Chicago.

I get why San Franciso is popular and why people really like it. I think it was interesting to have Pedro's story on the show and how people reacted to it. But everyone on the show was such a goody-goody that it almost came off fake to me. Puck was was a a-hole but he was the only bit of interest on the show and I always felt like they didn't really turn on him completely until Pedro was upset about it.

I did watch the behind the scenes special as well. It was interesting to see how they do try and keep the camera men separate from the roommates. After the Vegas season I lost complete interest in the show. It didn't seem "real" anymore and it all seemed to be about sex and conflicts that seemed be a show in order to get on camera.

Scott
Member Avatar

I loved Hawaii because of Ruthie she really made the season for me and Chicago was really interesting to me because of Anessa but New Orleans really was the only season I really had an opinion about the whole cast.

a2sassy
Member Avatar

My favorite season was Miami. I still remember the bitch fight Dan and Melissa had. Great drama!

1. Miami
2. Boston
3. New York
4. New Orleans
5. Los Angeles
6. Back to New York
7. Chicago
8. San Francisco (couldn't stand Puck's nasty ass, lol)
9. San Diego

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

My fav was Hawaii

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I actually have watched all seasons live up until San Diego (I think?)
I have a soft spot for LA and liked the whole Drama w/that comedian guy David. The most boring was London. I didnt watch Chicago and since then I havent watched consistently.
RW used to be about something....now its about nailing your roommate. Hollywood set is a block away here and I think I just watched that to see the neighborhood! It was kind of lame!
Liz

Kenny
Member Avatar

a2sassy
Jan 16 2009, 12:13 AM
My favorite season was Miami. I still remember the bitch fight Dan and Melissa had. Great drama!
"It wasn't yours to open up, you stupid BITCH!"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply