Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Huge S&K and Bope Spoiler
Topic Started: Jan 13 2009, 06:20 PM (5,383 Views)
squee
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 13 2009, 07:55 PM
As for why Bo and Steve don't just tell them, why? To get them worked up and freaking out? That would make the situation worse and get them to panic about everything
Oh Lawdy No! Don't tell the women-folk! Good thing Bo had had one of the manly men around to helps him keep the womenz from gettin' all HY-sterical

We all know how Hope is prone to dipshittery, it's not like she's a cop or anything :hmmph:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Jan 13 2009, 09:40 PM
ladyofthelake
Jan 13 2009, 09:31 PM
And again, we should realize that spoilers are just enough to give us an idea of what might happen. We don't know that Bo tries, and can't get there in time, or whatever. Yeah, the psychic stuff is a little out there, but it's here and we might as well see where it takes us.
And until then, I reserve the right to say I think it sucks ass, LoL.
Yes, you're right. It works BOTH ways. ;)

Beth
Member Avatar

I'm not sure how the Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla story will play out. It could be really well done and a pleasure to watch or a total disaster. I don't trust Higley at all not to screw this up. On the surface it sounds interesting. I'll wait and see what actually plays out.

pnelsen

I'm not expecting much.

wkline
Member Avatar

Enough of the baby stroller!! I want to see Joe again..

Posted Image

brimike

squee
Jan 14 2009, 05:09 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 13 2009, 07:55 PM
As for why Bo and Steve don't just tell them, why? To get them worked up and freaking out? That would make the situation worse and get them to panic about everything
Oh Lawdy No! Don't tell the women-folk! Good thing Bo had had one of the manly men around to helps him keep the womenz from gettin' all HY-sterical

We all know how Hope is prone to dipshittery, it's not like she's a cop or anything :hmmph:
THAT'S the Ken Corday bio I was just writing about in another thread!

Prone to Dipshittery: The Ken Corday Story

cassie1013

ladyofthelake
Jan 13 2009, 06:53 PM
cjknick
Jan 13 2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for posting ...

Why is it that Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla are joined at the hip? Last year they were joined at the hip for the Ireland s/l, Bo's Illness and the Ava storyline...
The four of them work extremely well together. They have great friendship chemistry, and Peter and Mary Beth have an awesome sibling chemistry. At least, it seems that way based on comments I read on boards. It certainly seems that way to me. And, what angst (if it could only be written that way) to have Hope accidentally shoot her sister-in-law and one of her best friends?
I agree with this, probably for nostalgia purposes too. Honestly, I wish they would make it stop. The more they do it, the more DESPERATE I become for Hope and Steve to hook up. It's like an insatiable appetite that will NEVER be fulfilled until they get it ON! That kiss 2 summers ago was HOT. I'm sick of soaps being torn in the middle - not wanting to disrupt some history, but to hell with some other characters. So stupid - you can't please fans all the time, and couples are supposed to change around on soaps! They should just do it - no one has to know!!!

Also, re: the visions. What the fuck? Seriously, what the fuck?? Is DAYS in that dire of a position they couldn't afford Celeste for a couple eps???!!!!! That doesn't mean you turn BO into a psychic! Who writes this shit, good GOD.

cassie1013

wkline
Jan 15 2009, 12:12 AM
Enough of the baby stroller!! I want to see Joe again..

Posted Image
Well, you know once that happens, the kid will be 5 and playing in the sandbox with Ciara!

cassie1013

King
Jan 13 2009, 10:28 PM
This is SO an exit storyline for Dan/Chloe. They're hot in their own right. I don't think they have many fans, but they're hot.
And slutty - just the way I like 'em, Lol!

That aside, I just find them both so boring. The sleaziness is fun to laugh at for 5 minutes, but it's time for these 2 losers to head elsewhere (and not Vancouver).

Sindacco

I think this would have been better if Celeste was the one with the visions.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jan 17 2009, 07:14 AM
No kidding.

I still don't understand why Bo was having visions about Theo. In that particular circumstance, Celeste definitely would've made much more sense, considering that Theo is her grandson. What is Theo to Bo?

The whole thing is just stupid. Bo shouldn't be a psychic. This is one of those things that you look back at five years down the road and just laugh with disbelief that it actually happened. You don't just fall off a ladder and miraculously become clairvoyant. Stupid, stupid!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 07:20 AM
Sindacco
No kidding.

I still don't understand why Bo was having visions about Theo. In that particular circumstance, Celeste definitely would've made much more sense, considering that Theo is her grandson. What is Theo to Bo?

The whole thing is just stupid. Bo shouldn't be a psychic. This is one of those things that you look back at five years down the road and just laugh with disbelief that it actually happened. You don't just fall off a ladder and miraculously become clairvoyant. Stupid, stupid!
You don't just become possessed either. You also don't find a woman who happens to look exactly like you so she can pass as you and also happens to be pregnant, conveniently suiting your needs. There also aren't "People of the Night" in the underground tunnels of Paris nor are there really supercouples in real life. How about people like the Parrot Man or Lady in White? How about people that come back from death all the time, even when it's inconceivable. It's called escapism, something many claim they want in soaps.

Is it possible for Bo to be psychic after what happened? Probably not. Don't know for sure. Stranger things have happened but I'm not (and again, if you or anyone else wants to feel free) going to condemn it based on that when much more absurd and out there things have happened. That's just my opinion. If they can make a halfway decent story out of it, I will roll my eyes and accept it, just like I did most of the things I listed above. Doesn't mean it makes it ok or that anyone should accept it. Just pointing out how how it seems ok to do stuff like this in certain circumstances but if Days does it now, it's all of a sudden an issue and some act like Days has never done things like this before. It's one thing to criticize the actual story and say they aren't doing enough with the visions. I can understand that and won't argue but the whole suddenly psychic thing I feel is something that could work if they did it right. They have at times and I like it more now but they need to focus a bit more on it to make it matter. Right now, it feels like it's needed more to set up events or to build suspense then it does an actual story but I've seen signs that it could turn into one.

I would love this to be Celeste but I like the fact that it's Bo because he used to never believe in things like this. He would always roll his eyes at Celeste and that makes it interesting. I just wish they would focus a bit more on it and show us the affect on Bo, like they did last week. I would really like if they brought Celeste in and had Bo go to her for help with dealing with this. The other thing with Celeste is there is no story in that. At least with Bo, they can play some conflict within himself and with others as he deals with this.

As for why Bo had visions about Theo, it tied in with Zack. He began having the visions around the time of the anniversary of Zack's death and there is a connection with Abe and Lexie playing a part in raising Zack so it made sense to me. I know it's supernatural and all but I would really like it if they expanded on the Zack angle and made it so that Zack gave him this gift knowing there was trouble for many loved ones ahead. That would add some punch. It would be out there but I would accept it because it would have a heavy emotional aspect to it, at least for me.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 17 2009, 02:12 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

We saw the circumstances that led up to Marlena being vulnerable to possession. With Bo, he just falls off a ladder. How stupid.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jan 17 2009, 03:10 PM
We saw the circumstances that led up to Marlena being vulnerable to possession. With Bo, he just falls off a ladder. How stupid.
Well, yeah, The fall initiated the start of the story so it's kind of hard to build up to something that starts with something like that.

Not saying I didn't enjoy the Possession. I mean, it had plot holes and was a bit too much at times but there was enough realism and the story at it's foundation was strong enough to make it worth it. Again, if people want to argue that is not the case with any of the current stories on Days, I'm fine with that. I may disagree but I won't argue that I'm right or they are wrong. I just take issue with some acting like Days hasn't done things like this before. They have always done things like this and it's fine providing the story is decent enough. Right now, I'm on the fence. I go back and forth but this Steve/Kayla angle may be the determining factor, at least for me.

Personally, I prefer this suddenly psychic thing moreso then Garden of Eden or the most offensive story ever IMO in Iraq.

brimike

PhoenixRising05
Jan 17 2009, 02:11 PM
Kenny
Sindacco
No kidding.

You don't just become possessed either. You also don't find a woman who happens to look exactly like you so she can pass as you and also happens to be pregnant, conveniently suiting your needs. There also aren't "People of the Night" in the underground tunnels of Paris nor are there really supercouples in real life. How about people like the Parrot Man or Lady in White? How about people that come back from death all the time, even when it's inconceivable. It's called escapism, something many claim they want in soaps.

Is it possible for Bo to be psychic after what happened? Probably not. Don't know for sure. Stranger things have happened but I'm not (and again, if you or anyone else wants to feel free) going to condemn it based on that when much more absurd and out there things have happened. That's just my opinion. If they can make a halfway decent story out of it, I will roll my eyes and accept it, just like I did most of the things I listed above. Doesn't mean it makes it ok or that anyone should accept it. Just pointing out how how it seems ok to do stuff like this in certain circumstances but if Days does it now, it's all of a sudden an issue and some act like Days has never done things like this before. It's one thing to criticize the actual story and say they aren't doing enough with the visions. I can understand that and won't argue but the whole suddenly psychic thing I feel is something that could work if they did it right. They have at times and I like it more now but they need to focus a bit more on it to make it matter. Right now, it feels like it's needed more to set up events or to build suspense then it does an actual story but I've seen signs that it could turn into one.

I would love this to be Celeste but I like the fact that it's Bo because he used to never believe in things like this. He would always roll his eyes at Celeste and that makes it interesting. I just wish they would focus a bit more on it and show us the affect on Bo, like they did last week. I would really like if they brought Celeste in and had Bo go to her for help with dealing with this. The other thing with Celeste is there is no story in that. At least with Bo, they can play some conflict within himself and with others as he deals with this.

As for why Bo had visions about Theo, it tied in with Zack. He began having the visions around the time of the anniversary of Zack's death and there is a connection with Abe and Lexie playing a part in raising Zack so it made sense to me. I know it's supernatural and all but I would really like it if they expanded on the Zack angle and made it so that Zack gave him this gift knowing there was trouble for many loved ones ahead. That would add some punch. It would be out there but I would accept it because it would have a heavy emotional aspect to it, at least for me.
Actually, I agree with you, PR (I know! I'm stunned too!)

But I also see where Mason is coming from. Once again, it's all about execution of the story. With Marlena's possession, there was a LOT of foundation with the whole "Stefano left her susceptible" angle.

Here, it's just a ladder.

I think the concept of something supernatural happening to a meat-and-potatoes character like Bo is really interesting. Unfortunately, it was just a whole "falling off a ladder" incident. The Zach aspect feels tacked on. If they had looked at the story from the Zach angle, I would be MUCH more invested. (Although I would also fear a brain tumor storyline, since those seem to be so popular on daytime these days)

I would love to understand what this does to a character like Bo, but at the moment, it just seems like a series of plot points. But I totally see what you're saying, and I agree. The Zach angle should definitely be how they're going - as opposed to the "randomly psychic" angle. That, to me, feels more like a Days supernatural story. The Possession worked because, at its core, it was a story about love triumphing over evil. "Boleste" should have been about a son reaching out from the great beyond to save his family. But so far, it doesn't feel like it's about anything.

peaches179

Mason

ICAM!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Jan 17 2009, 03:18 PM
PhoenixRising05
Kenny
Sindacco
No kidding.

Actually, I agree with you, PR (I know! I'm stunned too!)

But I also see where Mason is coming from. Once again, it's all about execution of the story. With Marlena's possession, there was a LOT of foundation with the whole "Stefano left her susceptible" angle.

Here, it's just a ladder.

I think the concept of something supernatural happening to a meat-and-potatoes character like Bo is really interesting. Unfortunately, it was just a whole "falling off a ladder" incident. The Zach aspect feels tacked on. If they had looked at the story from the Zach angle, I would be MUCH more invested. (Although I would also fear a brain tumor storyline, since those seem to be so popular on daytime these days)

I would love to understand what this does to a character like Bo, but at the moment, it just seems like a series of plot points. But I totally see what you're saying, and I agree. The Zach angle should definitely be how they're going - as opposed to the "randomly psychic" angle. That, to me, feels more like a Days supernatural story. The Possession worked because, at its core, it was a story about love triumphing over evil. "Boleste" should have been about a son reaching out from the great beyond to save his family. But so far, it doesn't feel like it's about anything.
I agree.

Your explaining why I'm on the fence, brimike. I was not liking the story at all (other then Zack's appearance) until last week when they had Bo and Hope discuss what was happening and we saw Bo's frustration with not only having the visions but not being able to stop what happened, which makes it feel pointless to him.

I'm going to continue to wait and see. Your right that the Zack thing felt tacked on and I think that was the case because of the time of year they started this. I wish they would play the Zack angle in this and even involve Celeste. I won't get my hopes up but I will at least hope that they focus on this enough to make it matter. The including of Steve and Kayla in this may help this, at least for me. I just hope they don't go to this story only to set up events and build suspense. I need to see some Bo and Hope moments or moments where Bo deals with this. Not just when something happens. I need to see more moments like last week.

I also want them to try to explain why this happened to him now. SOW gave this story a hit (that doesn't mean much LOL) and Peter seemed into the idea of the effects this will have on Bo. I just hope they focus on that. It can be decent if they handle it even halfway right. And I know someone will say it's Higley and it won't happen but let me and others continue to hope :laugh: .

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
But those stories were entertaining. They were worth the suspension of disbelief. They also didn't just come flying in our faces out of nowhere.

This Bo story isn't worth the paper it's written on. That's the critical difference.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 17 2009, 03:16 PM
Mason
Well, yeah, The fall initiated the start of the story so it's kind of hard to build up to something that starts with something like that.
But we still don't know why Bo is having these visions. All we know is that he fell off a ladder, and POOF!, he's doing his own little Miss Cleo impersonation!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jan 17 2009, 07:18 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 17 2009, 03:16 PM
Mason
But we still don't know why Bo is having these visions. All we know is that he fell off a ladder, and POOF!, he's doing his own little Miss Cleo impersonation!
Right and, as I said, that is what I have a problem with as well. I want to see how it all unfolds. If, in the end, it gets no better then it is now, I will be right there with you and others. Until then, I'm not condemning it when there is barely enough to judge, at least in my eyes, at this point.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply