Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Huge S&K and Bope Spoiler
Topic Started: Jan 13 2009, 06:20 PM (5,364 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 07:07 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 17 2009, 02:11 PM
You don't just become possessed either. You also don't find a woman who happens to look exactly like you so she can pass as you and also happens to be pregnant, conveniently suiting your needs. There also aren't "People of the Night" in the underground tunnels of Paris nor are there really supercouples in real life. How about people like the Parrot Man or Lady in White? How about people that come back from death all the time, even when it's inconceivable. It's called escapism, something many claim they want in soaps.
But those stories were entertaining. They were worth the suspension of disbelief. They also didn't just come flying in our faces out of nowhere.

This Bo story isn't worth the paper it's written on. That's the critical difference.
Some were IMO. Some were not IMO. Some had so many plot holes and were based on such absurdities, I couldn't really get into them as much as others clearly did. However, I won't argue that the bulk of JER's run was entertaining. And sure they didn't come out of nowhere. JER was allowed to to get his vision across. There was no one messing with things. It has only been over the last few months that Higley and co could get their vision onscreen so of course alot of this had little buildup, with the exception of the Nicole story which by some miracle managed to have buildup.

You don't find this story entertaining where I find aspects of it entertaining. We differ but no one of us is right or wrong in thinking what we think. In the end, you and others may be surprised or you may be proven right and I will happily say you were right, just like I did with Higley. I just prefer to wait and see before making a judgment on a story that is barely out of the gates as it seems.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Jan 17 2009, 07:22 PM
Mason
Jan 17 2009, 07:18 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 17 2009, 03:16 PM
Mason
Jan 17 2009, 03:10 PM
We saw the circumstances that led up to Marlena being vulnerable to possession. With Bo, he just falls off a ladder. How stupid.
Well, yeah, The fall initiated the start of the story so it's kind of hard to build up to something that starts with something like that.
But we still don't know why Bo is having these visions. All we know is that he fell off a ladder, and POOF!, he's doing his own little Miss Cleo impersonation!
Right and, as I said, that is what I have a problem with as well. I want to see how it all unfolds. If, in the end, it gets no better then it is now, I will be right there with you and others. Until then, I'm not condemning it when there is barely enough to judge, at least in my eyes, at this point.
That's just it. Like you, I don't want to condemn a story based on spoilers. There's enough to gripe about AFTER I see something. :P

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
If, in the end, it gets no better then it is now, I will be right there with you and others. Until then, I'm not condemning it when there is barely enough to judge, at least in my eyes, at this point.
Most viewers aren't as patient as you. That makes this story a failure.

We shouldn't have to wait until the story is 95% over for a little enjoyment. Good writers will write good stories that are entertaining from start to finish. We shouldn't have to wait around for weeks and weeks for something to become watchable.

Bo has been a psychic for what, about a month now? It sucked from day one and it still sucks. I don't know about you, but a month is more than enough time for me to tell if a story blows.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 07:29 PM
PhoenixRising05
If, in the end, it gets no better then it is now, I will be right there with you and others. Until then, I'm not condemning it when there is barely enough to judge, at least in my eyes, at this point.

We shouldn't have to wait until the story is 95% over for a little enjoyment. Good writers will write good stories that are entertaining from start to finish. We shouldn't have to wait around for weeks and weeks for something to become watchable.

Bo has been a psychic for what, about a month now? It sucked from day one and it still sucks. I don't know about you, but a month is more than enough time for me to tell if a story blows.
But is psychic Bo the story, or is Hope shooting Kayla and a possible ensuing conflict between Bo, Hope, and Steve the story?

Kenny
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 17 2009, 07:31 PM
But is psychic Bo the story, or is Hope shooting Kayla and a possible ensuing conflict between Bo, Hope, and Steve the story?
Well, I don't like the "Hope shooting Kayla" aspect either. It sounds very stupid.

Yes, I know that we shouldn't judge the spoilers before we see them play out, but let's be honest here. I've been lucky to enjoy maybe one or two things that Higley has done since the moment she came back to the show. Chances are, I won't enjoy this either.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 07:29 PM
PhoenixRising05

Well, considering this story has gotten, what, 10 episodes of focus, doesn't seem like enough for me, especially if we aren't even to the meat of the story yet.

To each their own. As I said, we just differ on what we like and we already know I'm more patient then most. I've learned my lesson on numerous occasions, though, not to condemn a story so early. I've been burned so many times and I often find if you condemn it too early, you set yourself up to hate it no matter what. That's just me.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 07:38 PM
ladyofthelake
Well, I don't like the "Hope shooting Kayla" aspect either. It sounds very stupid.

Yes, I know that we shouldn't judge the spoilers before we see them play out, but let's be honest here. I've been lucky to enjoy maybe one or two things that Higley has done since the moment she came back to the show. Chances are, I won't enjoy this either.
Well, then, you just don't like the story and that's fine. Your entitled.

I like aspects of it. I'm not saying it's going to be great. I'm still very much on the fence. I hope it will end up being at least decent. We'll see. I know I'm one of the only ones to say this but I'm still optimistic something decent enough will come out of it.

Look at the bright side. If you don't like it, there is always the chance they will re-write it given the way this show handles the writing and stories.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 17 2009, 07:40 PM
Well, considering this story has gotten, what, 10 episodes of focus, doesn't seem like enough for me, especially if we aren't even to the meat of the story yet.

10 episodes that have sucked. It's not off to a good start and considering the spoilers, there's no reason for me to believe it's about to get any better.

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Either way, the psychic element is still a major part of it, so it doesn't much matter to me. It still sucks.
Edited by Mason, Jan 17 2009, 08:26 PM.

pagraves
Member Avatar

What might be cool is to have people actually questioning the whole psychic thing in a scientific way rather than just accepting it the way Bo is. Hope should have him go to Kayla to have an MRI or something. They could discuss how injuries to certain parts of the brain can cause hallucinations and explore it clinically, all the while Bo's having these visions that nobody--neither he nor the viewer---can be sure aren't just the side effects of his head injury. This would make it actually mean something if, say, Steve took a leap of faith and believed that what Bo's seeing actually are visions, while Kayla, being a doctor and more skeptical, wants to run more tests. And Hope's caught in the middle between pure faith and pure science and you might actually have a character-driven drama.

But...this is Higley.

Ellie

^^ No no no, see, what you wrote has things like themes and undertones and nuances. As you said at the end, this is Higley, lol. Higley's probably just looking for a quick way to use up PR/KA/SN/MBE's guarantee. (That's not an actor bash, that's a Higley bash.) I bet it's going to be a 2-4 week nothing story with all the characters in the same place at the end as where they began (another Higley trademark).

brimike

pagraves
Jan 18 2009, 03:36 PM
What might be cool is to have people actually questioning the whole psychic thing in a scientific way rather than just accepting it the way Bo is. Hope should have him go to Kayla to have an MRI or something. They could discuss how injuries to certain parts of the brain can cause hallucinations and explore it clinically, all the while Bo's having these visions that nobody--neither he nor the viewer---can be sure aren't just the side effects of his head injury. This would make it actually mean something if, say, Steve took a leap of faith and believed that what Bo's seeing actually are visions, while Kayla, being a doctor and more skeptical, wants to run more tests. And Hope's caught in the middle between pure faith and pure science and you might actually have a character-driven drama.

But...this is Higley.
Another great idea. Days toyed with some of this between Marlena and Kayla when John was in a coma in early 2007, and appearing in dreams to Marlena. Marlena was living on faith, but Kayla reminded her they were both doctors, women of science, etc.

Although I think the fans tuning in now aren't interested in this kind of drama. It's certainly the kind of drama *I* like on Days - but I've learned I'm in the vast minority on that. LOL!

pagraves
Member Avatar

I'm not sure we can judge whether the current Days fans are interested in that kind of drama, because frankly, we haven't seen it in about a decade. How can we know until we actually get good storytelling and get a few ratings periods in?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Well guess what dearies?

SOMETHING happens because Kayla ends up in the hospital.

(yes, that was a scoop)

Ellie

OneBadKitty
Jan 18 2009, 08:36 PM
Well guess what dearies?

SOMETHING happens because Kayla ends up in the hospital.

(yes, that was a scoop)
Thanks OBK! Guess their efforts to keep them apart fail, lol.

Seriously does it seem on this show that the hospital bed set is ALWAYS in use?? It's like they just rotate people in and out of it.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

No it's only to give SuperDan another reason to swoop in for the rescue since he's the greatest doctor on the planet. :eyeroll:

(Yes, Dr. Dan is there too)

Ellie

^^ Oh no, maybe he falls for Kayla! :OhMy:

brimike

The show has no more money. I have a feeling we're going to see nothing but the hospital, the BRady Pub, and Titan for probably the next eighteen months. I'm sure there's zero set-turnover allowed in 2009.

Mason
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Jan 18 2009, 09:19 PM
No it's only to give SuperDan another reason to swoop in for the rescue since he's the greatest doctor on the planet. :eyeroll:

(Yes, Dr. Dan is there too)
Well this just gets better and better...

*vomit*

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 18 2009, 09:27 PM
^^ Oh no, maybe he falls for Kayla! :OhMy:
Bite your tongue, LOL. Don't give the show any ideas. The last thing we need is more of the Predator Who Slept His Way Around Salem.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply