Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Huge S&K and Bope Spoiler
Topic Started: Jan 13 2009, 06:20 PM (5,309 Views)
wkline
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 18 2009, 09:27 PM
^^ Oh no, maybe he falls for Kayla! :OhMy:
I think Kayla, knows a man ho, when she sees one!!! :roflol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

wkline
Jan 18 2009, 10:39 PM
Ellie
Jan 18 2009, 09:27 PM
^^ Oh no, maybe he falls for Kayla! :OhMy:
I think Kayla, knows a man ho, when she sees one!!! :roflol:
Well this actually may be a good thing. Maybe if Dan does fall for Kayla, the Payla fanbase will then cause a ruckus and Dan will go bye-bye!
Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I love the idea mentioned above of some taking a scientific approach to Bo's visions- it reminds me of "Lost," for some reason.

I'm not surprised Kayla ends up in the hospital. I'm a little surprised that Dr. Dan is there because I figured he'd be too busy doing Chloe. And I'll be really surprised if Kayla's injury actually means anything; if it'll lead to something for the character.

Ives
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 13 2009, 06:53 PM
cjknick
Jan 13 2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for posting ...

Why is it that Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla are joined at the hip? Last year they were joined at the hip for the Ireland s/l, Bo's Illness and the Ava storyline...
The four of them work extremely well together. They have great friendship chemistry, and Peter and Mary Beth have an awesome sibling chemistry. At least, it seems that way based on comments I read on boards. It certainly seems that way to me. And, what angst (if it could only be written that way) to have Hope accidentally shoot her sister-in-law and one of her best friends?
I love Mary Beth and Peter together as brother and sister. Sometimes they almost have too much chemistry - lol. Anyway, I thought about this when I was at another site and saw this quote from 10 years after MBE had left Days:
Peter Reckell (Bo Brady, Days) is asked, "Is there anyone else that you would like to come back to the show? "
"Kayla - my sister, Kayla. I miss her... Mary Beth is such a wonderful actress, and a fun spirit. We always had an interesting time on the set."
-December 8, 2002, Online Soap Chat Awards

I think they really do work so well together. Mary Beth has also mentioned that Kristian is the female she is closest to on the set. And I know others have mentioned how they see a lot of chemistry between Kristian and Stephen.

There is a natural closeness in the scenes between the four of them that make them enjoyable to watch - even if they are just hanging out together.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Ives
Jan 25 2009, 12:49 AM
ladyofthelake
cjknick
Thanks for posting ...

Why is it that Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla are joined at the hip? Last year they were joined at the hip for the Ireland s/l, Bo's Illness and the Ava storyline...
The four of them work extremely well together. They have great friendship chemistry, and Peter and Mary Beth have an awesome sibling chemistry. At least, it seems that way based on comments I read on boards. It certainly seems that way to me. And, what angst (if it could only be written that way) to have Hope accidentally shoot her sister-in-law and one of her best friends?
I love Mary Beth and Peter together as brother and sister. Sometimes they almost have too much chemistry - lol. Anyway, I thought about this when I was at another site and saw this quote from 10 years after MBE had left Days:
Peter Reckell (Bo Brady, Days) is asked, "Is there anyone else that you would like to come back to the show? "
"Kayla - my sister, Kayla. I miss her... Mary Beth is such a wonderful actress, and a fun spirit. We always had an interesting time on the set."

I think they really do work so well together. Mary Beth has also mentioned that Kristian is the female she is closest to on the set. And I know others have mentioned how they see a lot of chemistry between Kristian and Stephen.

There is a natural closeness in the scenes between the four of them that make them enjoyable to watch - even if they are just hanging out together.
I agree, I have always felt that Bo and Hope and Steve and Kayla had the real "connection," as friends due to their past history. When Bo and Hope would hang with John and Marlena it always felt forced to me; Marlena was old enough to be Hope's mom

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mikegoldy
Jan 25 2009, 07:51 PM
Ives
ladyofthelake
cjknick
Thanks for posting ...

I agree, I have always felt that Bo and Hope and Steve and Kayla had the real "connection," as friends due to their past history. When Bo and Hope would hang with John and Marlena it always felt forced to me; Marlena was old enough to be Hope's mom
Yes, totally agree with you there. Marlena was good friends with Maggie and Julie, people her own age.

Hope was friends with Melissa and Jen and Kayla. Just because they are both supercouples doesn't you mean you force them together.
Quote Post Goto Top

Beth
Member Avatar

I'm not convinced on this story line either. I think it was added to tie other things together. They through Zack in as a way to get us to buy into the story but I'm not really supporting the whole thing.

hajones1

bo take aim at the killer and shoot maybe he shoot his sister not hope

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Jan 25 2009, 07:54 PM
Mikegoldy
Jan 25 2009, 07:51 PM
Ives
ladyofthelake
cjknick
Thanks for posting ...

Yes, totally agree with you there. Marlena was good friends with Maggie and Julie, people her own age.

Hope was friends with Melissa and Jen and Kayla. Just because they are both supercouples doesn't you mean you force them together.
I have to agree with that.

I know Marlena and Bo had a close relationship in the 80's but the Marlena/Hope and Hope/John relationships never rang true to me. I think the fact that John and Hope had an affair too really hurt it because I felt like they didn't play enough of the awkwardness. They just went on like nothing happened after awhile and I never brought Hope and Marlena as friends. For some reason, I always felt like Marlena was looking down at Hope, almost in a snob-like manner. That's just the sense I got.

Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla do fit together much better and J&J would too. The female relationships are and so are the male ones. Those three couples really do click IMO in all senses of the word. Plus, Peter and Mary Beth have fantastic sibling chemistry and the Hope/Steve relationship has always been a favorite of mine.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 26 2009, 04:24 PM.

LaPrinsipessa
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
cjknick
Thanks for posting ...

They're joined at the hip so that people can forget how close Bope and Jarlena were so KCorday can get rid of Dee and Drake....

Sorry, still pissed about it..... :frustration:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

LaPrinsipessa
Jan 27 2009, 03:53 AM
ladyofthelake
cjknick
Thanks for posting ...

They're joined at the hip so that people can forget how close Bope and Jarlena were so KCorday can get rid of Dee and Drake....

Sorry, still pissed about it..... :frustration:
Why? Seeing that Bo and Kayla are close siblings, and Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla are closer in age than John and Marlena are to them, what's the big deal? Are you begrudging this enjoyment for the people who LIKE the four of them together?
I'm sorry, but I'm still mad about everything on this show having STILL to do with the demise of J&M. FRIGGIN' LIFE GOES ON. Damn.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

Ellie
Jan 18 2009, 08:38 PM
OneBadKitty
Jan 18 2009, 08:36 PM
Well guess what dearies?

SOMETHING happens because Kayla ends up in the hospital.

(yes, that was a scoop)
Thanks OBK! Guess their efforts to keep them apart fail, lol.

Seriously does it seem on this show that the hospital bed set is ALWAYS in use?? It's like they just rotate people in and out of it.

ICAM.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

PhoenixRising05
Jan 26 2009, 04:23 PM
I never brought Hope and Marlena as friends. For some reason, I always felt like Marlena was looking down at Hope, almost in a snob-like manner. That's just the sense I got.
ITA!

I never bought Marlena and Hope as friends either for the exact reason that you've posted.

The supposed J&M and B&H friendships always felt and seemed forced to me as well.

Kyrai

ladyofthelake
Jan 27 2009, 06:35 AM
Why? Seeing that Bo and Kayla are close siblings, and Bo/Hope and Steve/Kayla are closer in age than John and Marlena are to them, what's the big deal? Are you begrudging this enjoyment for the people who LIKE the four of them together?
I'm sorry, but I'm still mad about everything on this show having STILL to do with the demise of J&M. FRIGGIN' LIFE GOES ON. Damn.
Life is going on, but now we can't express how we feel?

I've watched a long time. Just because J&M have left, we have to say we prefer Bope and Payla? Why? It was one comment amongst many.

I personally have always loved John with Bo, Hope, Kayla, and Steve. I remember it from the 80s, when John was Roman. He had a great relationship with Bo, Hope, Kayla, and I enjoyed his pseudo-adversial relationship with Steve. I loved that once he became John, Bo and Kayla stuck by him. I've loved that relationship through the years. Similarly, Bo was always very close to Marlena early on, protective of her when he thought Roman was dead. When she came back, he was her champion. I've enjoyed their relationship through the years, and I loved the fact that John and Marlena were pretty much adopted Brady's until recent years. I like all of these characters together.

Maybe my life is different, but I don't get this ageism. My friends are various ages around me, including an ex-boss whose retired and a much younger couple who live near us. I don't have all friends in one age bracket to be friends. I like the differences. It keeps thinks fun and interesting. We have a great time together, I think because we have so much diversity amongst us.

Life does go on. We all have good memories and different likes and dislikes. Everyone has a right to an opinion without being ranted on for liking J&M with Bope and/or Payla.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply