Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Corday interview about Deidre and Drake; Jan. 27th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jan 14 2009, 12:02 PM (7,504 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

I dont think either of them will be back to Day's.
Drake was fired twice in a years time, I dont think he will give Corday a 3rd chance to fuck him over, especially considering the exit script he gave Him.
And, I dont think Dee will give him a chance to do it twice.
I think they both will have options if they wish to act, and I doubt salary will be a big issue. Most actors work cuz they love it.. The money is just an added bonus. And Drake and Dee both have plenty of money Im sure.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Stefano has been off and on for years and was only on a one year contract when they decided to leave him in a coma. He did not like the way Stefano was treated or how Ken left a message on his answering machine. He said he wanted to leave in a different fashion not the wimpy way Marlena stuck him in the neck. His argument was really about the integrity of his character Stefano. He thought Stefano deserved a different ending and that is why I believe he came back..

Now that I saw this I cant help but be struck by the Irony.. Corday knew what a disgusting ending such a thing would be, especially to someone like John Black.. so then he goes and does what ??
"Sticks John in the neck with a syringe" Maybe not putting him in a frozen coma, but instead paralyzing him. .. Him .. John the Hero of Days, Marlena's Knight in shining armor, the love of her life... Corday is an unimaginative asshole.. Who is not even clever enough to disguise his obvious jealousy and hatred of a beloved Actor. :soapbox:
Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 19 2009, 04:16 PM
Jiggs
Jan 19 2009, 02:29 PM
ladyofthelake
Jan 19 2009, 02:15 PM
e83talus
Jan 19 2009, 02:04 PM
Mason
Jan 19 2009, 01:48 PM
Deidre doesn't have to work another day in her life, if she doesn't want to. She's not gonna be hard up for a job anytime soon.
Exactly. She can has options outside of Daytime, which cannot really be said for others. Not many soap stars have vital experiences outside of Daytime. Deidre cut back considerably to raise her two boys but her resume inlcudes other things.
As does Drake's, and a lot of other actors who had prime-time gigs 20 and 30 years ago. Some of whom we don't hear much from.
Um, what has Drake done outside of Days since being on Days? Battle of the Network Stars.
Um, he was originally on 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. Remember, I said 20-30 years ago. Besides, he was notable enough to be the basis for the character on Friends, no? ;) Prior to that, he was starting a baseball career, a totally different career. So, golly, gee............ :shrug:
Drake has been on Days for 22 years, during which he has done no acting outside of that show. Baseball is not acting, and neither is being a joke on Friends.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Jan 20 2009, 04:07 AM
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
e83talus
Mason
Deidre doesn't have to work another day in her life, if she doesn't want to. She's not gonna be hard up for a job anytime soon.
Exactly. She can has options outside of Daytime, which cannot really be said for others. Not many soap stars have vital experiences outside of Daytime. Deidre cut back considerably to raise her two boys but her resume inlcudes other things.
As does Drake's, and a lot of other actors who had prime-time gigs 20 and 30 years ago. Some of whom we don't hear much from.
Um, what has Drake done outside of Days since being on Days? Battle of the Network Stars.
Um, he was originally on 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. Remember, I said 20-30 years ago. Besides, he was notable enough to be the basis for the character on Friends, no? ;) Prior to that, he was starting a baseball career, a totally different career. So, golly, gee............ :shrug:
Drake has been on Days for 22 years, during which he has done no acting outside of that show. Baseball is not acting, and neither is being a joke on Friends.
And, isn't it grand that we all have choices in this world! :D

Kyrai

Jiggs
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
e83talus
Mason
I'm no authority, but I do remember reading somewhere that he turned down an opportunity on prime time in a pilot with Shelly Long because it conflicted with Days. I was glad he preferred to work on Days than a prime time show. At the time I was glad he was loyal to Days. Just because he, or anyone else, didn't choose to pursue other opportunities, doesn't mean they couldn't have or that they can't find work today.

Regardless, I hope the best for both Deidre and Drake. I know it's a tough market atm.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 20 2009, 06:35 AM
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
e83talus
Mason
And, isn't it grand that we all have choices in this world! :D
Absolutely!! Maybe Drake will go back to Dentistry.

Pretty In Pink

I think it's funny that Deidre always thought that she would have a place at Days and has always acted like she was superior to all of the other actors on the show. To see Days get rid of her is priceless. Corday may not do a lot of things that I agree with, but firing the Deeva was one of the best things that he has ever done.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Pretty In Pink
Jan 20 2009, 03:34 PM
I think it's funny that Deidre always thought that she would have a place at Days and has always acted like she was superior to all of the other actors on the show. To see Days get rid of her is priceless. Corday may not do a lot of things that I agree with, but firing the Deeva was one of the best things that he has ever done.
Do you have any quotes of Deidre saying that she thought she would always have a place at Days? Or do you read her thoughts?

Pretty In Pink

2 more days and Deidre will be gone from Days for good! I can't wait! I just hope that she doesn't go to another soap and ruin it too.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jiggs
Jan 21 2009, 02:20 PM
Pretty In Pink
Do you have any quotes of Deidre saying that she thought she would always have a place at Days? Or do you read her thoughts?
I don't have any quotes but I have heard her say numerous times in both print and TV interviews that she would be at Days as long as they will have her so I think that qualifies.

By the way, sorry to jump in the conversation but I thought I could help by responding to the question since it was unanswered.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 22 2009, 01:12 AM.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 22 2009, 01:11 AM
Jiggs
Pretty In Pink
I don't have any quotes but I have heard her say numerous times in both print and TV interviews that she would be at Days as long as they will have her so I think that qualifies.

By the way, sorry to jump in the conversation but I thought I could help by responding to the question since it was unanswered.
Ah no I don't think that qualifies at all, sorry.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jiggs
Jan 22 2009, 01:47 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 22 2009, 01:11 AM
Jiggs
Pretty In Pink

Ah no I don't think that qualifies at all, sorry.
Well, that's fine. It does to me. Not saying she's egotistical for saying that. She basically said that she would be at Days as long as they would have her and, to me, that even includes being let go. There are ways of letting someone go without burning the bridge. Days did this in such a manner that this wasn't even close but, if they handled it better, then I think she would still feel there would be a place. Now, I think she is hurt and feels with the situation that she is through. Never say never but I'm sure she feels it's not likely right now that she has a place there, especially with the way it all unfolded.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I mean, she loves the show and I'm sure a part of her never saw something like this coming. I don't expect her to say it but I'm sure she knows her importance to the show and it's history. She knows her popularity so I do think she never for a second believed she would be fired.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Phoenix, I was reply to this comment by pink:

Quote:

I think it's funny that Deidre always thought that she would have a place at Days and has always acted like she was superior to all of the other actors on the show.

And again I ask, where is there a quote that backs this up? What you mentioned isn't at all what this poster is claiming. DH saying that she would be at Days as long as they would have her is not the same as what that poster was implying... which is arrogance and superiority. More like the opposite of that. Considering she has been fired from Days in the past, I can't imagine she felt immune from being fired.
Edited by Jiggs, Jan 22 2009, 03:07 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jiggs
Jan 22 2009, 03:05 AM
Phoenix, I was reply to this comment by pink:

Quote:

I think it's funny that Deidre always thought that she would have a place at Days and has always acted like she was superior to all of the other actors on the show.

And again I ask, where is there a quote that backs this up? What you mentioned isn't at all what this poster is claiming. DH saying that she would be at Days as long as they would have her is not the same as what that poster was implying... which is arrogance and superiority. More like the opposite of that. Considering she has been fired from Days in the past, I can't imagine she felt immune from being fired.
You know what? Forget it. I thought you were just talking about the comment made about "her always having a place at Days." I completely missed the superiority part so no wonder we are on different wavelengths. I just looked at you asking for quotes in that post. My bad.

One thing though...when was Dee fired from the show? She left of her own accord in 1987 didn't she?

Sweetbabygirl
Member Avatar
Meow This!

My question is, why were they fired instead of Steve and Mary Beth? What recently storyline has Patch and Kayla had? At least Jarlena were the frontburner story.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Dee always said that in response to anyone who asked, "Will ever leave the show" or "how much longer will you be on the show". Her response has been I would be on as long as they will have me. That does not sound egotistical at all to me. It sounds like someone saying how long they want to be on Days, which to me alsways meant as long as they offered to renew her contract. It also served as a message that she would not voluntarily leave the show again as she did in 87. She had no wish to leave the show.

Pretty in Pink hates Dee and that is fine, but anything Dee says or does will be used against her in that court of law. Understood and she has a right to her opinion.

We can disagree with her and that is our right!

Pretty In Pink

The Deeva will be gone from Days in 1 day and it can't come soon enough. She thought that she would be on the show until it ended. She thought she was untouchable from ever getting fired. WRONG! LOL Good riddance Deeva!

jane1978

Sweetbabygirl
Jan 22 2009, 03:33 AM
My question is, why were they fired instead of Steve and Mary Beth? What recently storyline has Patch and Kayla had? At least Jarlena were the frontburner story.
That´s incomparable.

Drake was one the show for 22 years and he was a lead during Reilly´s first time when I´m sure his and Dee´s pay really skyrocketed. And Dee came back in 1991 with a very exclusive contract to begin with, her and Wayne Northtrop´s return was Corday´s first ever attempt to bust ratings by bringing back someone popular from past and he fulfilled every wish they´d had including the exclusive position in the credits.

MBE and SN returned after 15 or so years absence when the show already had much smaller budget. And both were already past their prime and hoping to be asked so I think they happily accepted any offer they´ve got.

Ponz
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 22 2009, 03:17 AM

One thing though...when was Dee fired from the show? She left of her own accord in 1987 didn't she?

I think Deidre and TPTB couldn't reach agreement on how she would split her time between DAYS and her primetime show. She wasn't "fired" but her departure wasn't entirely voluntary, either.
Edited by Ponz, Jan 22 2009, 12:36 PM.

jwilds213

jane1978
Jan 22 2009, 12:13 PM
Sweetbabygirl
Jan 22 2009, 03:33 AM
That´s incomparable.

Drake was one the show for 22 years and he was a lead during Reilly´s first time when I´m sure his and Dee´s pay really skyrocketed. And Dee came back in 1991 with a very exclusive contract to begin with, her and Wayne Northtrop´s return was Corday´s first ever attempt to bust ratings by bringing back someone popular from past and he fulfilled every wish they´d had including the exclusive position in the credits.

MBE and SN returned after 15 or so years absence when the show already had much smaller budget. And both were already past their prime and hoping to be asked so I think they happily accepted any offer they´ve got.

MBE and SN aren't past prime...MBE had been on ATWT right before this finally lined up this time and SN had been on GH for a bit as well as doing other things behind the camera and other ventures of his own. I seriously doubt they were begging for the offer. I think Corday thought he could gain a HUGE following back for his show and raise ratings but between HW issues and such.....he never got them re-introduced properly to the viewers who missed their first run. There had been several times that Corday and crew had asked the 2 of them about coming back in that 15 year absence and several times they had everything in place to only have Corday pull back out of the deal.

I do agree though about the contract $$$ and such both Drake and Dee had been there as a constant for along time and could negotiate better deals with more $$ and the like which would inflate their salaries higher than the rest and would be the big reason for the budget heave -ho first.

All of this goes back to Corday's lousy business skills as an owner and NOTHING more.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply