Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Nicole wants Sami's baby!; Jan 27th issues; Summary of articles
Topic Started: Jan 14 2009, 01:00 PM (5,155 Views)
ilovemydays

cjknick
Jan 14 2009, 03:38 PM
pspcindy
Jan 14 2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks Ellie.

Of course Nicole wants Sami's baby-she wants Sami's life. Too bad she will never have what she thinks she wants. After all that garbage she told Mia, now she is just going to offload the baby she promised to love. Yeah I really believed her when she said she just wanted her happiness back.

I can see why James said EJ will not be happy in 2009.
I suppose a case could be made that Nicole could be a sympathetic character in this story - she did lose a baby and that was heartwrenching to watch and Ari did a fantastic job, But you lose that sympathy for Nicole when she all of a sudden wants Sami's baby - she begged Mia for her baby and that she would love her baby so much and now she thinks the baby as a back-up? I lost my baby, I need a baby to feel that hole in my heart, I beg you to give me you baby, oh by the way I want Sami's baby so your baby is back-up! This is more mommy dearest - then mother of the year!

Let's say that Nicole gets away with this for awhile - let's say years go by is Nicole going to resent Sami's baby? what if the baby starts to resemble Sami - will that just kill Nicole everytime she looks at her. Can Nicole really bond with Sami's baby a baby that she stole???

If Sami plans on giving her baby up would Nicole be stealing or trashpicking?

Forgive my harshness but I think that EJ has the right to raise his child. According to all of the characters on the show EJ is a good father and from what EJ has said Nicole has been a good step mother to Johnny so there is no reason to think that she will resent this baby for being Sami's. If anything, Nicole will probably feel like this justifies all of her lies, if she hadn't faked her pregnancy EJ would never know that he had a daughter.

Hopefully she means that Mia's baby is a backup because she thinks that Mia is going to change her mind and keep her little girl.

Edited by ilovemydays, Jan 14 2009, 03:50 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Jan 14 2009, 03:49 PM
cjknick
Jan 14 2009, 03:38 PM
pspcindy
Jan 14 2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks Ellie.

Of course Nicole wants Sami's baby-she wants Sami's life. Too bad she will never have what she thinks she wants. After all that garbage she told Mia, now she is just going to offload the baby she promised to love. Yeah I really believed her when she said she just wanted her happiness back.

I can see why James said EJ will not be happy in 2009.
I suppose a case could be made that Nicole could be a sympathetic character in this story - she did lose a baby and that was heartwrenching to watch and Ari did a fantastic job, But you lose that sympathy for Nicole when she all of a sudden wants Sami's baby - she begged Mia for her baby and that she would love her baby so much and now she thinks the baby as a back-up? I lost my baby, I need a baby to feel that hole in my heart, I beg you to give me you baby, oh by the way I want Sami's baby so your baby is back-up! This is more mommy dearest - then mother of the year!

Let's say that Nicole gets away with this for awhile - let's say years go by is Nicole going to resent Sami's baby? what if the baby starts to resemble Sami - will that just kill Nicole everytime she looks at her. Can Nicole really bond with Sami's baby a baby that she stole???

If Sami plans on giving her baby up would Nicole be stealing or trashpicking?

Forgive my harshness but I think that EJ has the right to raise his child. According to all of the characters on the show EJ is a good father and from what EJ has said Nicole has been a good step mother to Johnny so there is no reason to think that she will resent this baby for being Sami's. If anything, Nicole will probably feel like this justifies all of her lies, if she hadn't faked her pregnancy EJ would never know that he had a daughter.

Hopefully she means that Mia's baby is a backup because she thinks that Mia is going to change her mind and keep her little girl.

I can see your point .... Nicole justifies it by giving EJ his own child a child that Sami was going to give away and that EJ would never know ... But on the back-up comment .... It is Mia's baby that Nicole considers a back-up not Sami's - so anyway you slice it Nicole shows by thinking that way that the babies are just and means to an end.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Nicole just wants Sami's baby cause it will look like EJ. Dr. Baker asked her about that, do you remember. This is just Nicole covering her butt, when the baby starts to resemble her birth parents, she want have that to worry about. This is about selfishness on Nicole's part. No matter how they swing it, it all selfishness.

Sami is being dumb as well because Sami knows plans backfire all the time. She should know this by experience from past blunders.

ilovemydays

Daytime
Jan 14 2009, 04:14 PM
Nicole just wants Sami's baby cause it will look like EJ. Dr. Baker asked her about that, do you remember. This is just Nicole covering her butt, when the baby starts to resemble her birth parents, she want have that to worry about. This is about selfishness on Nicole's part. No matter how they swing it, it all selfishness.

Sami is being dumb as well because Sami knows plans backfire all the time. She should know this by experience from past blunders.

I might have considered that Nicole was going through all of this just to keep EJ if she didn't go on and on about her baby being a miracle, if she hadn't considered NOT telling EJ, if I hadn't watched the scenes when she fell apart after losing her little girl, if she hadn't packed her bags to leave when she thought that EJ brought up Sami's name again, is she didn't say over and over again she wants her baby and EJ.

Is what Nicole doing wrong? Yes. But IMO she's not nearly as selfish as Sami. Nicole wants to give EJ their dream family. Sami intends on keeping EJ from his child, her parents from their grandchild and Will, Johnny and Alie from their sister and her daughter from her entire family.

Mason

ilovemydays
Jan 14 2009, 04:30 PM
Is what Nicole doing wrong? Yes. But IMO she's not nearly as selfish as Sami. Nicole wants to give EJ their dream family. Sami intends on keeping EJ from his child, her parents from their grandchild and Will, Johnny and Alie from their sister and her daughter from her entire family.

I agree. I don't really see how Nicole can be the only one vilified in this story. IMO, what Sami's doing with her own child is just as bad - if not worse.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I think I will have to wait and see if Sami just wants to give her baby to the convent for a little while and go back and reclaim the baby like Colleen or if she is willing to give it up not thinking about who the baby will go to. Sami is holding a baby in a picture so I got the feeling she is just leaving the baby with the understanding she will be back for the baby and will end up with Mia's baby.

As far as Nicole - she is just digging a bigger and bigger hole and anyway you slice it she will almost stop at nothing to get what she wants - She almost drugged Brady, She stole and hocked a vase, she blackmailed the doctor and now she is going to scheme to get Sami's baby .... not to mention she never told EJ that his own baby girl died!
Edited by cjknick, Jan 14 2009, 05:02 PM.

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Thanks Eillie, gosh this is all so stupid to me....so predictable, we called it months ago...meh....No doubt as soon as Nicole is exposed she will be written off. Then Chloe will end up with Brady again after Lucas finds out about her. Good grief.

ilovemydays

cjknick
Jan 14 2009, 05:01 PM
I think I will have to wait and see if Sami just wants to give her baby to the convent for a little while and go back and reclaim the baby like Colleen or if she is willing to give it up not thinking about who the baby will go to. Sami is holding a baby in a picture so I got the feeling she is just leaving the baby with the understanding she will be back for the baby and will end up with Mia's baby.

As far as Nicole - she is just digging a bigger and bigger hole and anyway you slice it she will almost stop at nothing to get what she wants - She almost drugged Brady, She stole and hocked a vase, she blackmailed the doctor and now she is going to scheme to get Sami's baby .... not to mention she never told EJ that his own baby girl died!

IMO, it doesn't matter whether or not Sami intends to go back to reclaim her daughter later. She intends to lie to everyone about who the child really is. She intends to divest this child over ever really knowing who she is. In that Sami and Nicole are no different.

But what makes Sami's choice worse IMO is that Sami intended to tell EJ about his child until she saw him making love to Nicole. As much as she claims that she is afraid of Stefano it doesn't explain why she left Johnny there and why she told Lucas to be sure that Johnny and Allie have lots of playdates without stipulating that they not happen at the DiMera mansion. Sami's not only lying about having a baby she's lying about why she is doing so. Sami is just mad that EJ has moved on with Nicole and she doesn't want to give him another child. It doesn't matter to her that her child will never know her real father, Sami would rather Lucas or Rafe claim that they are her daddy.

Back to Nicole, she ALMOST drugged Brady but she didn't go through with it. ALMOST
She blackmailed a blackmarket baby broker into helping her. So what?
She stole an ugly vase no one noticed missing. So what?
She hasn't told EJ that their baby died...and Sami never told EJ that his baby is ALIVE.

I wish that the writers had enough creativity to have Nicole tell EJ the truth about her and Sami. I think it would have been a better story if EJ knew about all of the lies and opted to raise the baby Sami lied to him about with Nicole.

Edited by ilovemydays, Jan 14 2009, 05:29 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Jan 14 2009, 05:28 PM
But what makes Sami's choice worse IMO is that Sami intended to tell EJ about his child until she saw him making love to Nicole.

As much as she claims that she is afraid of Stefano it doesn't explain why she left Johnny there and why she told Lucas to be sure that Johnny and Allie have lots of playdates without stipulating that they not happen at the DiMera mansion. Sami's not only lying about having a baby she's lying about why she is doing so. Sami is just mad that EJ has moved on with Nicole and she doesn't want to give him another child. It doesn't matter to her that her child will never know her real father, Sami would rather Lucas or Rafe claim that they are her daddy.

Exactly.

I think it is hilarious when people lists all the sins a character has committed while totally ignoring all other sins that other characters have done.

Sami and Nicole both have fucked up here.

Nicole is taking a child that nobody wants and is essentially adopting it. All I have gotten from her is that she wants to be a mom. Granted, with all the lies, she isn't thinking in the best interests of the baby either, but I could pass that off as grief.

Sami has lied to her parents, the baby's father, not to mention, tried to pass the child off as other men's kids before deciding that it is in HER best interest to abandon the child to an orphanage...all to justify something as stupid as being afraid of Stefano who incidentally is currently living with her other child.
I don't see at all where Sami is thinking in the best interest of her baby.

However, from the article, I am not sure I understand what is going to happen.
Does anyone get the impression that EJ is Mia's dad? Didn't she say when she looked at his picture that he looked familiar or something? Which would be hilarious if she and Will started dating.
I might be going too far.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jan 14 2009, 06:04 PM
ilovemydays
But what makes Sami's choice worse IMO is that Sami intended to tell EJ about his child until she saw him making love to Nicole.

As much as she claims that she is afraid of Stefano it doesn't explain why she left Johnny there and why she told Lucas to be sure that Johnny and Allie have lots of playdates without stipulating that they not happen at the DiMera mansion. Sami's not only lying about having a baby she's lying about why she is doing so. Sami is just mad that EJ has moved on with Nicole and she doesn't want to give him another child. It doesn't matter to her that her child will never know her real father, Sami would rather Lucas or Rafe claim that they are her daddy.

Exactly.

I think it is hilarious when people lists all the sins a character has committed while totally ignoring all other sins that other characters have done.

Nicole is taking a child that nobody wants and is essentially adopting it. All I have gotten from her is that she wants to be a mom. Granted, with all the lies, she isn't thinking in the best interests of the baby either, but I could pass that off as grief.

Sami has lied to her parents, the baby's father, not to mention, tried to pass the child off as other men's kids before deciding that it is in HER best interest to abandon the child to an orphanage...all to justify something as stupid as being afraid of Stefano who incidentally is currently living with her other child.

Does anyone get the impression that EJ is Mia's dad? Didn't she say when she looked at his picture that he looked familiar or something? Which would be hilarious if she and Will started dating.
I think both women are doing rotten things to both EJ and the babies ... both women are extremely selfish ... Nicole however is doing criminal things to get what she wants. So far Sami at least has not done anything criminal! Both women are lying to EJ - but Nicole is lying to his face day in and day out.

Mia said that EJ looked like her boyfriend I think!
Edited by cjknick, Jan 14 2009, 06:12 PM.

Mason

cjknick
Jan 14 2009, 06:11 PM
I think both women are doing rotten things to both EJ and the babies ... both women are extremely selfish ... Nicole however is doing criminal things to get what she wants. So far Sami at least has not done anything criminal! Both women are lying to EJ - but Nicole is lying to his face day in and day out.
I'm not saying what either woman is doing is right, but from E.J.'s perspective, I'd say that being kept from my child would hurt me a hell of a lot more, even if it's not a criminal act.
Edited by Mason, Jan 14 2009, 06:15 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I guess Nicole could justify it as if Ej has never done criminal things to get what he wants before. They are such a match made in criminal heaven.

Ponz
Member Avatar

cjknick
Nicole however is doing criminal things to get what she wants.
On that logic, stealing a loaf of bread is worse than adultery since only the former is a criminal offence. It's arbitrary to distinguish between Sami and Nicole on that basis (nevermind the absurdity of an EJ fan prioritising lawful behavior).

Kyrai

cjknick
Alligato
ilovemydays

Exactly.

I really hope they go with neither women love him, only themselves.

Ej feels bitter and betrayed by both. He gets custody of the new baby and goes it alone. Rolf will help him raise the baby. He will be an adorable single dad, and eventually (probably after the show is long off the air) he will find a woman who actually does love him, but she'll be a cop or something and his ties to Stefano will cause conflict.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kyrai
Jan 14 2009, 06:30 PM
cjknick
Alligato
ilovemydays

Exactly.

I really hope they go with neither women love him, only themselves.

Ej feels bitter and betrayed by both. He gets custody of the new baby and goes it alone. Rolf will help him raise the baby. He will be an adorable single dad, and eventually (probably after the show is long off the air) he will find a woman who actually does love him, but she'll be a cop or something and his ties to Stefano will cause conflict.
Hmm that made me think of a nice scenario. When everything is revealed. E.J sues for sole custody of both babies, forcing Sami and Nicole to team up. Reuniting SOLE!
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Mason
Jan 14 2009, 06:13 PM
cjknick
Sami isn't lying to EJ's face day in and day out because she is in witness protection and has no opportunity to do so, not to mention the fact she just told the nun she's terrified of EJ. Nicole doesn't have that luxury of an excuse to not be around EJ every day so we get to see lots more day to day evidence of her having to evade telling him the truth. Sami gets to skate on that because she has a built-in excuse not to see him or talk to him. Hopefully once HER lie is revealed we'll get to see how EJ feels about the fact that she hoped he would never find out about his child.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Why is Sami hiding her pregnancy?
Does she hate EJ?
Is she afraid of EJ?
Is she punishing EJ because he got Nicole knocked up?
Is she afraid of Stefano?
She wants her child to be free from the DiMera's. It's too late for Johnny but not this baby?

Why is Nicole hiding that she lost her baby?
She's afraid she'll lose EJ? EJ only is with her because she was pregnant?
She's afraid she'll lose it all: EJ, a chance at having a family and the DiMera money?

If Sami is hiding her pregnancy and giving up her baby because she hates EJ and wants to punish him then I think you have a case that Sami is worse.

Edited by cjknick, Jan 14 2009, 06:51 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'm just pissed, but I don't think I should be. I shoulda known...........Oh, well. At least Ari's acting is always entertaining!

Kyrai

Amello
Jan 14 2009, 06:34 PM
Hmm that made me think of a nice scenario. When everything is revealed. E.J sues for sole custody of both babies, forcing Sami and Nicole to team up. Reuniting SOLE!
LOL!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ponz
Jan 14 2009, 06:27 PM
cjknick
Nicole however is doing criminal things to get what she wants.
On that logic, stealing a loaf of bread is worse than adultery since only the former is a criminal offence. It's arbitrary to distinguish between Sami and Nicole on that basis (nevermind the absurdity of an EJ fan prioritising lawful behavior).
Interesting point there!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply