Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Nicole wants Sami's baby!; Jan 27th issues; Summary of articles
Topic Started: Jan 14 2009, 01:00 PM (5,390 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

cjknick
Jan 14 2009, 06:46 PM
If Sami is hiding her pregnancy and giving up her baby because she hates EJ and wants to punish him then I think you have a case that Sami is worse.

Does it really matter what her reasons are? It's not like E.J. poses a threat to his own child. That's the only good excuse for keeping him in the dark, at least in my book. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, as the saying goes.
Edited by Mason, Jan 14 2009, 07:04 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 14 2009, 07:03 PM
cjknick
Jan 14 2009, 06:46 PM
If Sami is hiding her pregnancy and giving up her baby because she hates EJ and wants to punish him then I think you have a case that Sami is worse.

Does it really matter what her reasons are? It's not like E.J. poses a threat to his own child. That's the only good excuse for keeping him in the dark, at least in my book. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, as the saying goes.
I think it does matter it goes to the motive if Sami is keeping EJ from his baby to punish him then that is worse...if she is keeping the baby from him because she fears that this baby will be influenced in a bad way growing up DiMera and that she can't save Johnny but she can save this baby of such a fate then it is not worse.

Daytime
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Jan 14 2009, 04:30 PM
Daytime
Jan 14 2009, 04:14 PM
Nicole just wants Sami's baby cause it will look like EJ. Dr. Baker asked her about that, do you remember. This is just Nicole covering her butt, when the baby starts to resemble her birth parents, she want have that to worry about. This is about selfishness on Nicole's part. No matter how they swing it, it all selfishness.

Sami is being dumb as well because Sami knows plans backfire all the time. She should know this by experience from past blunders.

I might have considered that Nicole was going through all of this just to keep EJ if she didn't go on and on about her baby being a miracle, if she hadn't considered NOT telling EJ, if I hadn't watched the scenes when she fell apart after losing her little girl, if she hadn't packed her bags to leave when she thought that EJ brought up Sami's name again, is she didn't say over and over again she wants her baby and EJ.

Is what Nicole doing wrong? Yes. But IMO she's not nearly as selfish as Sami. Nicole wants to give EJ their dream family. Sami intends on keeping EJ from his child, her parents from their grandchild and Will, Johnny and Alie from their sister and her daughter from her entire family.

No matter what, for Nicole it's all about Sami and what she thinks Sami has. All Nicole had to do was go on with her first plan with Mia's baby. But noooooooo, she want's Sami's baby. Don't get me wrong, not at all covering for Sami because all the plans she's ever had backfired, she should know it was doomed from the beginning.

I did feel sorry for Nicole with the whole miscarriage, until she went all pysco Kristen. Trying to past someone esle's baby off as her own, sad I tell ya sad.

But...

You have to ask yourself a question, Why Sami's baby? That's the million dollar question here. Nicole has a baby, the baby she so deparately wanted with Mia. Nicole is covering her butt, like always. She just want's a baby that will resemble EJ, so no questions will be asked.

Both women are acting crazy if you ask me. However, I can see Sami's point, even though I don't agree with her, she "thinks" she is protecting her child.

esp13
Member Avatar

I love that we have a debate between EJole and EJami fans about who is worse. One woman is hiding her pregnancy and planning on giving the baby away (at least as far as we know now). The other has lied about the existence of a baby for months and is planning on obtaining another baby to make sure EJ never knows that she lost their baby.

Are we really going to debate which one is worse? They are both doing ridiculously hurtful things. Is Nicole really that much better because she's going to give EJ a baby to love? Is Sami that much better because she thinks she's protecting her child? Puhleeze, they are both totally and completely wrong and I hope EJ says to hell with both of them when he finds out.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I'm debating because I know Nicole will go down for all the things she has done. That's a fact!(As old John would say!)

BUT...

Sami's little plans both the emotional and illegal crap is ALWAYS forgiven. If this latest stupid plan of hers is excused AGAIN....then I will probably turn off Days, that's why I did all last year!
Sami cant have it both ways. She always willing to point the finger at others' mistakes, mock them, insult them, never, EVER forgive them, but she must be forgiven...so frustrating as a person who is not a fan of this character!

Isn't child abandonment also a crime??? You just cant "temporarily" give up a child....L-A-M-E!!
Liz

brimike

Wow, I really want James Scott to completely leave this storyline in the lurch, screwing everybody over in the process. It would serve these bozos right..

Talk about paint-by-numbers storytelling.

Mason
Member Avatar

brimike
Jan 15 2009, 12:26 AM
Wow, I really want James Scott to completely leave this storyline in the lurch, screwing everybody over in the process. It would serve these bozos right..
LoL! A part of me is really hoping JS doesn't renew his contract, just to see the shit hit the fan. Bahaha!

brimike

Mason
Jan 15 2009, 12:27 AM
brimike
Jan 15 2009, 12:26 AM
LoL! A part of me is really hoping JS doesn't renew his contract, just to see the shit hit the fan. Bahaha!
I'm sure they'll just recast him with James Hyde.
Edited by brimike, Jan 15 2009, 12:29 AM.

Daytime
Member Avatar

And who are the so-called bozos......tptb or are you referring to passionate fans. People like who they like and it doesn't give anybody a reason to trash them, if you are referring to the fans. It needs to be made more clearer....... I thought this board was about difference of opinions.

brimike

Daytime
Jan 15 2009, 10:36 AM
And who are the so-called bozos......tptb or are you referring to passionate fans. People like who they like and it doesn't give anybody a reason to trash them, if you are referring to the fans. It needs to be made more clearer....... I thought this board was about difference of opinions.
Who's bashing posters? I don't know what you're referring to. There's plenty to bash without turning that ire back on ourselves. Anybody who reads my posts knows I have much better things to attack then people I've never met before. LOL!

aimees76
Member Avatar

This is so lame. I just ... I just can't even come up with anything more than that. Blah!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Daytime
Jan 15 2009, 10:36 AM
People like who they like and it doesn't give anybody a reason to trash them.
Always great advice...especially for passionate fans

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This may be predictable but, again, show me something on soaps that isn't? Show me something in TV or even film that isn't? Nothing surprises me anymore. It's very rare. Everyone is recycling or ripping off each other. It's sad but I've grown accustomed to it. The idea is to put a new twist on it and I think Days has, at least IMO.

A month ago, there was no sign of someone like Mia entering this so that is something no one, at least on here, saw coming. Many just assumed Sami's baby would go to Nicole's somehow and, while that does happen, the Mia thing was never predicted.

This sounds good and glad we are finally at this stage. I like Mia so I hope she sticks around. I think she will. With the pregnancy issues today and considering Mia's background and how much she seemed to open up upon seeing the mansion, I see her sticking around and being a pest. She will be the "Susan" character here in that she keeps pushing Nicole more and more for either money or maybe even has doubts about giving up her baby and wants to be nearby. I can see Mia becoming a nanny and bonding with the baby, not knowing it isn't even her baby bit Sami's. That could complicate things further.

I'm excited because this is the one story they seemed to have put alot into since the beginning and it's the A story. It will also lead to some great aftereffects. I can't wait.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 16 2009, 03:37 AM
A month ago, there was no sign of someone like Mia entering this so that is something no one, at least on here, saw coming. Many just assumed Sami's baby would go to Nicole's somehow and, while that does happen, the Mia thing was never predicted.
I will give you this point - the Mia angle was not anticipated. However, the rest of your post makes it seem like you expect the story to closely follow Kristen/Susan. I was actually not thinking that Mia would be a 'Susan', but now that you mention it, lol, she could be. I disagree completely that everything on TV or in a movie is predictable, but, I think 'predictable' is one thing, while 'rerun' is another. If this story mirrors Kristen/Susan as closely as some here are suggesting (for example with Mia as the nanny), I think we're leaving the realm of "predictable" and entering the realm of "blatant ripoff" - if we're not there already.

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:47 AM
I disagree completely that everything on TV or in a movie is predictable
Same here. Why would you even continue watching TV/movies, if you always know what's going to happen next? That doesn't make any sense to me.

esp13
Member Avatar

It's not just a question of predictability. I mean anybody who has ever seen an action movie knows how the thing basically goes (good guy is introduced, bad guys sweep in and do bad things while good guy tries to stop them, just when all is lost, good guy wipes out bad guys). Even with something predictable, the fun is in how they execute.

But, in this particular case, not only has the storyline been totally predictable, the predictability had taken all of the fun out of the execution because it made everything that happened in between just filler. When ALL knew that Nicole was going to end up with Sami's baby, just not the how. But, in a soap storyline like this, it's not the how that makes the story work, unlike my action movie example).

Additionally, for some of us, the character sacrifice necessary to make this storyline happen is just not worth it. So, not only did they do something predictable, they've done it in a way to cause the most damage to the characters (in my opinion).

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jan 16 2009, 05:20 AM
Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 04:47 AM
I disagree completely that everything on TV or in a movie is predictable
Same here. Why would you even continue watching TV/movies, if you always know what's going to happen next? That doesn't make any sense to me.
Because, frankly, there is not much else to do LOL.

I'm being serious. Hollywood knows the well is empty. That much has been clear for at least 5 years now. All I expect is some part of what is out there to be new or for something to have a new spin on it and, for me, this does.

Yes, it has some ripoff feel to it but what doesn't especially on soaps? Hell, OLTL spent it's whole summer ripping off past stories. B&B is constantly going back to Ridge/Brooke or Ridge/Taylor and it's repetitive as hell but they seem to try to add something new to it. Same goes for GH. They all do it. Primetime shows do it too, which is why you tend to see some choosing to go off on their own after a certain period because they run out of ideas and don't want to repeat the same ones.

Everything has been done. Aliens, possession, baby switches, love triangles, clones, impostors, faux deaths, etc. I can see the point that you don't want it exactly the same way as past stories but I don't think that is at all happening here nor do I think it will. Yes, there are similarities but the story has major repercussions for many characters and will create lots of major drama down the line so I'm all for it and that has me hooked.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
This may be predictable but, again, show me something on soaps that isn't? Show me something in TV or even film that isn't? Nothing surprises me anymore. It's very rare. Everyone is recycling or ripping off each other. It's sad but I've grown accustomed to it. The idea is to put a new twist on it and I think Days has, at least IMO.
Well, I don't know if you're watching Y&R or not, but they know how to throw things at you that aren't predcitable. Today, they had Clint show up. Clint was the man that orchestrated the Marge/Katherine switch in the 80s. The last I heard, he went to jail for that. So to see him today, working with the man that Chloe set Esther up with, now that's a surprise. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 16 2009, 04:22 PM
PhoenixRising05
Well, I don't know if you're watching Y&R or not, but they know how to throw things at you that aren't predcitable. Today, they had Clint show up. Clint was the man that orchestrated the Marge/Katherine switch in the 80s. The last I heard, he went to jail for that. So to see him today, working with the man that Chloe set Esther up with, now that's a surprise. :)
Y&R has always been the exception as far as soaps go LOL (except under LML).

That show also does things no other shows don't. It has fans that expect great, intelligent drama. Plain and simple. They don't have to worry about fanbases nor do they have an incompetent buffoon of an EP. They have strong leadership and allow their writers to actually write and get their vision across. Makes a big difference when there is no interference and you can just simply write and put out good drama. No one couple has to be together. There is no expectation that you have to have only certain kinds of stories like romance, adventure, etc. That is why Y&R is so successful and why it always will be.

I'm not saying there is nothing new to be done but there isn't much and, as I said, surprises are just what are needed. That is what I mean by putting a new twist on things. If Days can toss a little of those in here, then it works out much better. They already threw in Mia and, hopefully, they will throw in some more stuff down the line. However, it's still rare for anything to surprise me. Even Y&R's stories, at their basic foundation, have been done but that is what soaps are. They have always had the same traditional ideas and themes for years and I wouldn't expect much else.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 16 2009, 04:29 PM.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 16 2009, 04:26 PM
Y&R has always been the exception LOL (except under LML).

That show also does things no other shows don't. It has fans that expect great, intelligent drama. Plain and simple. They don't have to worry about fanbases nor do they have an incompetent buffoon of an EP. They have strong leadership and allow their writers to actually write and get their vision across. Makes a big difference when there is no interference and you can just simply write and put out good drama. No one couple has to be together. There is no expectation that you have to have only certain kinds of stories like romance, adventure, etc. That is why Y&R is so successful and why it always will be.
But if there is an exception, then there can be others. What I'm having such a hard time with in your post is that you've made it sound like some sort of "predictability wall" has been hit across the board. I think it's the writers, and if Y&R writers are talented enough to come up with this, then there are undoubtedly other writers out there too who are as well. Unfortunately, none of them are writing for soaps.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply