Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of January 26th; *UPDATED 1/20*
Topic Started: Jan 15 2009, 03:18 PM (7,356 Views)
cjknick
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 20 2009, 03:58 PM
Daily spoilers

Monday, January 26th
Sister Theresa helps Nicole keep out of Sami's sight; the killer tortures Rafe, who refuses to give up Sami's location; Abe tells Bo he needs to do a better job of catching the mayor's killer; Bo has an unsettling vision.

Tuesday, January 27th
Sami and Mia go into labor at the same time; Rafe keeps leading the killer on; Daniel runs into Chloe at the pub; Chloe, Lucas, Johnny and Allie have a food fight; Philip and Stephanie play pool.

Wednesday, January 28th
Sami has a difficult delivery; Mia decides to go through with the adoption; the killer threatens to hurt Sami's children if Rafe doesn't reveal her location; Max tells Philip to stay away from his sister.

Thursday, January 29th
Chloe tells Daniel that they need to talk; Kate worries that Daniel isn't taking their breakup well; Sami is worried about her baby; Rafe pursues the killer.

Friday, January 30th
Nicole tells Dr. Baker that she wants to switch Mia's and Sami's babies; Maggie discovers the killer on the pier; Rafe tries to warn Sami; Kayla thinks the killer looks familiar.

Thanks Angie ...

Interesting that the mayor's killer would threaten Johnny .... I starting to think that Stefano is not behind this killing ... I stilll think it will be Andre.

So apparently Nicole is not going to take care of Mia's baby....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Thanks Angie!
Johnny and Allie have a food fight? Wonder if they were recast. Hope not - those babies are cute.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie.

Quote:

Chloe, Lucas, Johnny and Allie have a food fight; Philip and Stephanie play pool.

WTF? I think those are the two dumbest "spoilers" I've ever seen. :laugh:

And why is the nun helping Nicole? :huh1:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daytime Dial spoilers

NEXT WEEK:

* Bo has a disturbing vision about Hope.

* Philip tries to tempt Stephanie with a fancy date.

* Nicole convinces Dr. Baker that he’s too involved in her plan to bail out.

* Melanie plans to start a bidding war between the Kiriakis and DiMera families.

* Thursday – The killer and Rafe have their final face off.

* Friday – Chloe realizes Maggie knows about her affair with Daniel.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/

Kyrai

pagraves
Jan 18 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm not sure I agree that the Days viewers liked the JER style of slow pacing. I actually found Sheffer's pacing far superior, even if it was faster than people were used to, because things actually happened and you didn't have the same conversations happening every single day for a month (see the whole rooftop party where EJ and Sami were talking endlessly about whether Sami should come clean to Austin about blackmailing Lexie--that lasted weeks).

The real problem with the pacing on the show is that there isn't any at all. Pacing isn't so much about speed or slowness as it is about properly building momentum to a crisis point in one story while another story is still in the slow build stage and yet another story is in the climax/resolution stage. It's about making crisis moments count and payoffs satisfying. It's about bringing the viewer along for the ride, making them want what you want them to want. Pacing can be slow at times and then breakneck speed at times, and some stories will be hurtling along while others are simmering slowly. It's about knowing when to speed up and knowing when to slow down.
I agree with you. The pacing overall is horrid, whether slow or fast. It seems to me like the writers can only focus on one story at a time, so one story goes full steam, while the others kinda muddle around without any direction, then the full steam ahead one just dies. There have been interesting concepts this year, but the execution is bad. Things can start off on a roll, but then it seems either overkilled, or suddenly just dropped or sidelined. At least, it's seemed that way with me with most of the stories. I do not think these writers really plan the stories out, and it shows in the end when we don't go anywhere.

I still think the core of the problem is basic storytelling and lack of true character development overall. We should have someone to root for. I felt that way about Nicole before she lost the baby. I feel like I'm trying to root for the lesser of two evils vs rooting for someone I really care about most of the time. Aside from the vets who were developed in the past with strong character stories, there really is no one I care about. I want to care about Ej, Nicole, Sami, Phillip, Stephanie, etc, but I don't see anything worth rooting for, and I try to force it. I guess maybe we're not supposed to root anymore, but that's what always kept me invested in Days, caring what happens to the characters I'm watching.

Although I must admit, I really do care about Brady again after last week. Of course, I care about him because of the wonderful relationship/chemistry with J&M, who are leaving. Once they're gone, do I want him with anyone on the show right now? Not really. I like Mia, but its hard to see Brady with her. I guess it's good because I don't want to watch him enough to stick around with the writing the way it is. It's just so frustrating because I know the show could be good with good writing and decent pacing.

zyona

Angie79

Thursday, January 29th
Chloe tells Daniel that they need to talk; Kate worries that Daniel isn't taking their breakup well.
Thanks Angie.

Now that is Hilarious, if she only knew. He moved on and declared his love for Chloe the same day she gave him his walking paper.

Mason
Member Avatar

Angie79
Daily spoilers

Monday, January 26th
Sister Theresa helps Nicole keep out of Sami's sight; the killer tortures Rafe, who refuses to give up Sami's location; Abe tells Bo he needs to do a better job of catching the mayor's killer; Bo has an unsettling vision.

Tuesday, January 27th
Sami and Mia go into labor at the same time; Rafe keeps leading the killer on; Daniel runs into Chloe at the pub; Chloe, Lucas, Johnny and Allie have a food fight; Philip and Stephanie play pool.

Wednesday, January 28th
Sami has a difficult delivery; Mia decides to go through with the adoption; the killer threatens to hurt Sami's children if Rafe doesn't reveal her location; Max tells Philip to stay away from his sister.

Thursday, January 29th
Chloe tells Daniel that they need to talk; Kate worries that Daniel isn't taking their breakup well; Sami is worried about her baby; Rafe pursues the killer.

Friday, January 30th
Nicole tells Dr. Baker that she wants to switch Mia's and Sami's babies; Maggie discovers the killer on the pier; Rafe tries to warn Sami; Kayla thinks the killer looks familiar.

Sounds like a bunch of crap.

I guess I should just be happy Maggie's in there, but still...crap.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I believe Johnny and Allie were recast with children a little older. They have the cute factor going too.

cjknick
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Jan 20 2009, 09:51 PM
I believe Johnny and Allie were recast with children a little older. They have the cute factor going too.

Thanks OBK - how much older do they appear to be? are they talking?

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

The baby swapping is a good idea for nicole but i think sami will know something is up.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

These little girls are playing Allie now:

http://www.star-kidz.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1604

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Angie79
Jan 21 2009, 12:17 AM

They are cute.....

Tammy
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 15 2009, 03:18 PM
* Friday – Chloe realizes Maggie knows about her affair with Daniel.

SHOCKING! Duh Maggie knows all... I bet she knows what kind of underwear the Pope wears ;)

Alligato
Member Avatar

I didn't realize it but the Rafe/killer saga - which starts today will run to next Friday! Isn't that a little overkill? I am surprised that big bad Rafe can't just kill the guy!

Mason
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jan 21 2009, 08:40 AM
I didn't realize it but the Rafe/killer saga - which starts today will run to next Friday! Isn't that a little overkill?
Higley can't properly pace for shit.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Jan 21 2009, 12:17 AM

They look the same as the previous girl but it seems they've been on other shows.

They seem to fit the part and are cute. They should work well for food fight scenes.

Thanks for the spoilers, Angie. Sounds good.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jan 21 2009, 09:22 PM
Alligato
Jan 21 2009, 08:40 AM
I didn't realize it but the Rafe/killer saga - which starts today will run to next Friday! Isn't that a little overkill?
Higley can't properly pace for shit.
Big understatement.

It's either warp speed or snail's pace.

Give the show to Whitesell and Tomlin and let's see where it goes. I really think of the execution and pacing is improved, the show could really be great.

SomeSoupRocks
Member Avatar

The writers at Days almost copied OLTL story,Stars baby switch was much bigger surprised then this,we all saw this comming on Days!
I guess Days couldn't come up with anything knew or good,beside redoing story over from the past!
****Even tho I won't be watching Days after 1/23/09,but I will come here from time to time and see what the Vets are up to or if anything is being said about Jarlena/Deidre & Drake and where they might be doing after they got fired!
Thank You!

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

I have a question, didnt Lexi's mom have visions?

Mason
Member Avatar

angelbaby19212
Jan 22 2009, 10:33 PM
I have a question, didnt Lexi's mom have visions?
Yes, Celeste is a psychic. All Bo needs now is 13 different wigs and to start calling everyone in town "Dahling", and he'll be giving Celeste a run for her money!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply