Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD tidbit: Sandra Robinson's last airdate
Topic Started: Jan 15 2009, 05:28 PM (1,725 Views)
Ellie

Sorry, this was just posted on SC and I totally missed it in SOD yesterday. (Way too much J&M/Corday action in there... I forgot to read the fine print, lol.)

It says Sandra Robinson's last airdate is Thursday the 22nd.

(Editorial comment: It is interesting that in the radio interview she did, which was done after she taped what apparently is her last show, she said she didn't know if she was returning, and she'd be happy to be the new psychiatrist in Salem. Maybe she was just trying to hide the fact that Charlotte gets arrested?? Dunno... it is interesting. Wonder if the "door was left open" for her as well.)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Good bye and good riddance. Charlotte should never have been created in the first place.

Ellie

Mason
Jan 15 2009, 05:30 PM
Good bye and good riddance. Charlotte should never have been created in the first place.
Oh I agree!! Unfortunately though I'm not convinced her exit is permanent.

Ponz
Member Avatar

It was a ludicrous miscast given all of J&M's formidable enemies over the years. Robinson doesn't have a menacing bone in her body.
Edited by Ponz, Jan 15 2009, 05:42 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Just another forgetable "villain of the week" under Higley's pen.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jan 15 2009, 05:45 PM.

Ellie

Ponz
Jan 15 2009, 05:42 PM
It was a ludicrous miscast given all of J&M's formidable enemies over the years. Robinson doesn't have a menacing bone in her body.
That's what was confusing to me, and that's part of why I thought (and apparently I was wrong) that she was a Marlena replacement. She never played the part of the villain. Even in this week's shows, I'm having trouble buying into the fact that she's "evil". That's why I'm wondering if they'll bring her back and suggest she's been rehabilitated, though truthfully I'd be very happy to never see her on Days again.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I thought you would quit watching Days after J&Ms last airdate, so does it really matter to you?

Ellie

Sindacco
Jan 15 2009, 05:53 PM
I thought you would quit watching Days after J&Ms last airdate, so does it really matter to you?
I'm not sure if you're talking to me, but I'll answer. I am going to stop watching, and it does matter. If I'm upset that a certain longtime actress is fired from the show, and they bring in someone else as a replacement for her, then yes, I'd be upset about that whether I watch the new actress's scenes or not.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie ...

I agree what a waste - this character was really very unnecessary .... pointless. A better wrap up story could have been written for J&M that is for sure.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

buh bye.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 15 2009, 05:45 PM
That's what was confusing to me, and that's part of why I thought (and apparently I was wrong) that she was a Marlena replacement. She never played the part of the villain. Even in this week's shows, I'm having trouble buying into the fact that she's "evil". That's why I'm wondering if they'll bring her back and suggest she's been rehabilitated, though truthfully I'd be very happy to never see her on Days again.
Why would they bother to "rehabilitate" her? Character consistency isn't required in Higleyville.

King
Member Avatar

I enjoyed her run, but it's time to say byebye.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I enjoyed her too but this is probably for the best.

I wanted her to stay on but not now. I think it was unfair to even associate her with all this. I feel just as bad for her as I do Drake and Dee.

I thought Sandra did ok with the material but I will agree she isn't the first choice for a role as a psycho. Then again, you see actresses like Sandra with the "nice girl" look get casted all the time because it adds to the "psycho" effect. I don't think they planned on taking her this way to begin with so that is a factor.

As for Sandra saying she didn't know if she was returning, clearly it was her not wanting to spill what happened.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wasted oppourtunity!

Still LOVE her though!

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 16 2009, 03:13 AM
I feel just as bad for her as I do Drake and Dee.
Overall? Or just about this story? Either way, I disagree lol. I mean, overall, what you have are two 20+ year actors who were fired, vs. someone who was asked to come in for a short term recurring role and did just that. In terms of the story, you have two longterm characters with a 20 year love story being destroyed, vs. a new character brought on for the purpose of getting the longterm characters offscreen. Sandra is a professional and I'm sure she felt bad to have to play that role in the story, but it wasn't like she fired Drake and Deidre or anything. I mean, if Sami had had an issue which, story-wise, led to J&M leaving, would you have felt as bad for Ali as for Deidre and Drake?

Quote:

As for Sandra saying she didn't know if she was returning, clearly it was her not wanting to spill what happened.
Could be, though my issue was with the fact that she said so much (though she could have been dancing around the point.) She said she liked playing a psychiatrist, she'd like to be the psychiatrist in Salem, she talked a little about why she likes playing a psychiatrist, and she said she wasn't sure yet if she was coming back. Just not your typical "I don't want to spill the beans" type comment, though that could have been her intention, I agree.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 03:37 AM
PhoenixRising05
Overall? Or just about this story? Either way, I disagree lol. I mean, overall, what you have are two 20+ year actors who were fired, vs. someone who was asked to come in for a short term recurring role and did just that. In terms of the story, you have two longterm characters with a 20 year love story being destroyed, vs. a new character brought on for the purpose of getting the longterm characters offscreen. Sandra is a professional and I'm sure she felt bad to have to play that role in the story, but it wasn't like she fired Drake and Deidre or anything. I mean, if Sami had had an issue which, story-wise, led to J&M leaving, would you have felt as bad for Ali as for Deidre and Drake?

Quote:

Could be, though my issue was with the fact that she said so much (though she could have been dancing around the point.) She said she liked playing a psychiatrist, she'd like to be the psychiatrist in Salem, she talked a little about why she likes playing a psychiatrist, and she said she wasn't sure yet if she was coming back. Just not your typical "I don't want to spill the beans" type comment, though that could have been her intention, I agree.
The reason I feel that way, Ellie, is that she's only been on a month so it's unlikely many liked her unless they knew her from other soaps or just liked her as an actress. The character was barely on and is now a psycho. Therefore, she has very little support. What I'm trying to say is that she was thrown to the wolves and will forever be associated with all this. You just know some rabid fan will come up to her somewhere or something and just hammer her for it unfairly. Some fans can be just plain rude and considering the gravity of what is going on, I feel bad for her. She will have to deal with things she shouldn't have to and read things she shouldn't have to. I just think they put her in an awkward position.

I think back to 2004 when Dee used to mention how bad she felt being the SSK and almost feeling responsible for the exits of so many people. I can see Sandra feeling the same even though it's a ridiculous to believe that. She's a part of this and will forever be associated with it. Her character goes nuts and paralyzes John. She's going to take it on the chin for this too and I feel bad for those reasons because I know how bad some fans out there can be.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 16 2009, 03:44 AM
The reason I feel that way, Ellie, is that she's only been on a month so it's unlikely many liked her unless they knew her from other soaps or just liked her as an actress. The character was barely on and is now a psycho. Therefore, she has very little support. What I'm trying to say is that she was thrown to the wolves and will forever be associated with all this. You just know some rabid fan will come up to her somewhere or something and just hammer her for it unfairly. Some fans can be just plain rude and considering the gravity of what is going on, I feel bad for her. She will have to deal with things she shouldn't have to and read things she shouldn't have to. I just think they put her in an awkward position.
Ok, thanks, I didn't realize that's where you were coming from. It's interesting, I hear the actors telling stories like that all the time, like I think Ali Sweeney has a story of someone coming up to her in the supermarket when Sami kidnaped Belle and hitting her with a pocketbook and telling her to give that baby back. I personally would be able to see that Ali Sweeney in the supermarket is not Sami Brady the psycho, but I guess some others can't!

Either way though, I actually think if Sandra is looking to jump-start her career, this might be a very good vehicle for her. This is a pretty high-profile story on Days given that it's D&D's last story, so I'm sure she's getting visibility from it. I'm sure casting directors or whoever would have no difficulty realizing that Sandra is not Charlotte Taylor. I don't think it puts her in a bad position at all. jmo!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^From a career standpoint, your right. I just see her as someone who will have a hard time not being liked. She has been well-liked by fans everywhere she went because of her characters and her performance but also because she had a chance for the fans to get to know her. You could tell in her interviews she was really trying to be nice and try to sell what was going on. It reminded me of SC, who is constantly begging fans not to hate him because of what Daniel does. I really hope I'm wrong but I'm sure some fools out there will rake her over the coals and I feel bad about that.

I do hope Sandra finds work. She's beautiful and very talented and makes a great heroine.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Jan 16 2009, 03:44 AM
Ellie
Jan 16 2009, 03:37 AM
PhoenixRising05

Quote:

I think back to 2004 when Dee used to mention how bad she felt being the SSK and almost feeling responsible for the exits of so many people. I can see Sandra feeling the same even though it's a ridiculous to believe that. She's a part of this and will forever be associated with it. Her character goes nuts and paralyzes John. She's going to take it on the chin for this too and I feel bad for those reasons because I know how bad some fans out there can be.
Tim, I see I'm back to agreeing with you again, LOL. I really feel sorry for Sandra. She got a bum rap right along with D&D...........I don't care what anyone says. You KNOW there are some out there in the Days viewing world who can't tell the difference between reality and fiction and will blame the actress, if she hasn't already started to get nasty letters. This is another actress who has feelings, and this will be doubled with the hate many "radical" fans have towards her character.
Playing the interloper with an established couple that many like is difficult enough. To have some consider her the catalyst for that couple leaving...............poor woman. And, she was duped, plain and simple. I've heard enough about what wasn't fair to D&D. We get it. It also wasn't fair to Sandra Robinson.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jan 16 2009, 07:26 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Of course it wasn't fair what happened to Sandra. It sucks. I don't think anyone is disputing that. But consider the difference between what happened with Sandra and how D&D were treated after devoting most of their adult lives to the show. I don't think it's any contest as to who got shit upon more. And I know people are tired of reading that, but it's the truth.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply