Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of January 19th; J&M
Topic Started: Jan 16 2009, 05:01 PM (2,091 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

R u sure this the right video?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I know, it put SNL there instead. I am trying to fix it. lol.

I did put the link there now though.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Ok, I got it now. Sorry!

Mason

How fitting that Titanic-y music would be playing in the background.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It looks sad. :frownie:

I am glad they actually made the entire promo about them.

jules

It looks so sad. I would hardly call it a week long event. It's more like a two day event from the spoilers I've read. Thanks for posting.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

At least we get some flashbacks..thats about the only good thing i saw..

Ellie

jules
Jan 16 2009, 05:20 PM
It looks so sad. I would hardly call it a week long event. It's more like a two day event from the spoilers I've read. Thanks for posting.
Yep! Thanks Angie. In Deidre's video chat, she made it sound like all the flashbacks are from the last show. I woudn't be surprised. And they don't mention them leaving after this. (Meaning there's no indication it's probably their last scene ever, other than the tag line.) And they don't mention a "tragic event" or John's paralysis.

But on the positive side haha - let's see.. it does look emotional!! And it will be very nice to see 'Old John' again, if only for a few minutes. :frownie: Sorry, that wasn't too positive, was it.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

:frownie: :D Happy/Sad all at the same time.

Vandoodle
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie

The final week of John and Marlena :frownie: :frownie: :frownie: :frownie:

e83talus
Member Avatar

He looks like he can't move. I hate this paralysis crap!

peaches179

:frown:

Ellie

e83talus
Jan 16 2009, 05:39 PM
He looks like he can't move. I hate this paralysis crap!
There's no reason for it. It's ridiculous. Then the promo doesn't even mention why he's in the hospital. It's like the promo people and the writers have completely different views for this story or something.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

OMG I don't know how I will be able to watch this. I'm in tears already and I will need a ton of tissues. Thanks for posting this. I can't get enough of John and Marlena.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm glad they devoted the entire promo to John and Marlena, but wow... how boring! Everything about this looks so boring and just -- I don't even know the word for it. Thoughtless?

I'm still thoroughly confused by John's paralysis. It's not as if they need him to be paralyzed for a future story, so doing it just twists the knife for unnecessary reasons. I hate it!

Ellie

Kenny
Jan 16 2009, 07:28 PM
I'm glad they devoted the entire promo to John and Marlena, but wow... how boring! Everything about this looks so boring and just -- I don't even know the word for it. Thoughtless?
Works for me!

Quote:

I'm still thoroughly confused by John's paralysis. It's not as if they need him to be paralyzed for a future story, so doing it just twists the knife for unnecessary reasons. I hate it!
It's disgraceful and makes no sense in terms of the plot. Just a parting F-U, I guess.

Kyrai

Kenny
Jan 16 2009, 07:28 PM

I like the flashbacks.

Abhor the paralysis. It seems intentionally cruel. I just don't get it.

hops
Member Avatar

Deidre and Drake once again delivering the emotional connection with so little to work with. They are beautiful, and moved me, because we know John and Marlena's history and we know where those feelings are coming from.

Having said, I too am disappointed in what has been planned for the final week. The promo makes it seem like it really is a 'week' instead of just the one day (two tops). And what reunion? John is unconscious one day and paralyzed from the neck down that next and that is their last day. I bet we just saw the whole thing in that promo. Just sad.
Edited by hops, Jan 17 2009, 11:51 AM.

shadeflower

doolcrazy
Jan 16 2009, 05:43 PM
OMG I don't know how I will be able to watch this. I'm in tears already and I will need a ton of tissues. Thanks for posting this. I can't get enough of John and Marlena.
Me too!! I just sat here in tears watching that promo. I am just so sad that they are leaving :shame:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply