Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suds Report — Emmy pre-noms; Is GL a goner 4 reals; TVGC
Topic Started: Jan 16 2009, 05:15 PM (1,723 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Suds+Report+Jan+16+2009/Soaps/Suds/Articles/090116_news_nelson_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

WTF? No Slezak or St. John? For fucking real?!

And why in the hell were Frantz and Heinle pre-nommed for Supporting Actress over Jess Walton and MTS?!
Edited by Mason, Jan 16 2009, 05:19 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

And I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it again here. I fully expect to read the news of GL's cancellation by May - if not sooner than that.

MaterialGurl
Member Avatar

That would not suprise me at all about GL. They would really keep just one soap?
Edited by MaterialGurl, Jan 16 2009, 05:40 PM.

King
Member Avatar

I can see it now.

GL Axed.
ATWT will need to have a rehaul to stay on.
The "creative" and "innovative" morons from GL will be brought to ATWT to save it.
ATWT canceled within two years.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

In WHAT universe is Judith Chapman a Lead Actress? Are you kidding me? She's a great supporting actress, but she is clearly in the wrong category and out of her league. I'd say the same for Jeanne Cooper, but she actually had a story the last two months of the year that kept her very front-burner. I can't fault her for submitting herself.

I expect to see plenty of surprises on the Emmy Ballot this year, not only based on politics, but other factors.

Ellie

Thanks Nelson - love the D&D mention (and the Ali mention, haha.) Which picture are you talking about - the 86 pic of Deidre in the red dress, or the more recent NBC pic from this year?

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

King and Bellcurve — DITTO, bitches! Also, ELLIE — The red dress pic. I loved Drake in that leather jacket sporting the best hairy chest in daytime history.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Jan 16 2009, 07:01 PM
I can see it now.

GL Axed.
ATWT will need to have a rehaul to stay on.
The "creative" and "innovative" morons from GL will be brought to ATWT to save it.
ATWT canceled within two years.
That's being pretty optimistic, LoL. I give ATWT another year - tops. Especially if the GL idiots come over to "save" it.

Ellie

hunterforrester
Jan 16 2009, 07:10 PM
ELLIE — The red dress pic. I loved Drake in that leather jacket sporting the best hairy chest in daytime history.
lol, agree - it was a great photoshoot.

(I was just looking for a pic to post - I only have watermarked, unfortunately.) This isn't the contents pic, but it's from the same shoot.

Posted Image

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Amelia Heinle got a PRE-NOM? Umm....correct me if I am wrong, but what the fuck did she do this past year? She awakes from a coma, hates on Sabrina, marries JT, and then what? The only good material, and I mean this loosely, she had was telling off Sharon for kissing Brad in his car, and that was just A SCENE!
And you didn't expect Judith Chapman to walk away with nothing, did you? She IS part of what is the lovechild that is Y&R...the Fisher/Baldwin lovefest! She HAS to get something!

And yes, Nelson...I love Lauri Hogan!

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I love Judith — but as I nominated her, in SOS's supporting race, I do think she deserves a nod. Don't shoot me, people. I'm one of the few who love her.

skiman1208
Member Avatar

Even though I knew it was inevitable it makes me really sad to know Guiding Light will be gone soon. That was the first soap I started watching and to see yet another soap bite the dust is disconcerting. I am glad ATWT will probably be spared this round. Here hoping there is a miracle and the soaps have some sort of resurgence sooner than later.

Mason
Member Avatar

skiman12082004
Jan 16 2009, 09:13 PM
Even though I knew it was inevitable it makes me really sad to know Guiding Light will be gone soon. That was the first soap I started watching and to see yet another soap bite the dust is disconcerting.
It's sad to me (especially since GL was my second soap after DAYS), but in a way, it's not that hard for me to accept. It already feels like the show I loved is dead and gone, and what's left is a new show with the old GL name.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Stafford must have steam coming from her ears.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Drew
Jan 16 2009, 09:55 PM
Just the vision of that makes me laugh..... :D

Those Emmy people must be on some serious hardcore drugs or something..... :blink:

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I am pleasantly surprised to see Ms Chapman in the lead category, of course Jeanne will get the spot.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

hunterforrester
Jan 16 2009, 08:46 PM
I love Judith — but as I nominated her, in SOS's supporting race, I do think she deserves a nod. Don't shoot me, people. I'm one of the few who love her.
Oh, I love La Chapman too. It took me awhile to warm up to her as Gloria(especially since Gloria was an unsympathethic character who got away with murder on a daily basis under Lethal), but she's a good actress.

I also agree with you that she's not a lead actress. Being onscreen alot doesn't make you a lead. It has to do with the story. If it were the case, then let's add Christel "I'll Be Praying For Her" Khalil to the Lead Actress race too.

Quote:

I am pleasantly surprised to see Ms Chapman in the lead category, of course Jeanne will get the spot.

Maybe both of them will get the nomination. Y&R dominated alot of actor noms this year. Especially if people are too damn lazy to watch their DVDs this year.
Edited by bellcurve, Jan 17 2009, 12:33 PM.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Y&R's pre-noms, as usual, are a fucking joke. Judith Chapman is not a lead actress. Never was. Melody's snub is an absolute crime. Amelia Heinle? Really? It's sad when Adrienne Frantz is the stronger actress of those submitted. No Eric Breaden? Are you fucking kidding me. God the whole damn thing just pisses me off. Lead actress should have been Melody & Jeanne, supporting actress Chapman & Walton or Hendrickson. Lead actor? Bergman and Braeden. Supporting actor is actually the only category I agree with. All I can say is.....

:flipoff: :moon:

brimike

Rhiannon
Jan 16 2009, 11:44 PM
Drew
Jan 16 2009, 09:55 PM
Just the vision of that makes me laugh..... :D

Those Emmy people must be on some serious hardcore drugs or something..... :blink:

NATAS (the "Emmy people") don't pick the pre-noms. The shows themselves pick their own pre-noms.

I'm not sure what happened here - either a lot of people were bitter and pissed off, or some people didn't put their names in the running for whatever reason. Whatever happened, I'm so bummed about MTS. Every year her name gets thrown in as The One Who Was Robbed, but I truly believe 2008 was a stellar year for her, and she far surpassed my usual expectations of her.

It's a shame, but it's not like the Emmys should ever be taken seriously. We'll all be lucky if they're anything more than just a press conference at this point.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply