Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre to GH?
Topic Started: Jan 17 2009, 03:27 PM (6,532 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Sindacco
Jan 17 2009, 08:03 PM
Scott
Jan 17 2009, 07:27 PM
GH can't afford Hall, let's face the cost of veteran actors like Hall is very high and in todays current state it is going to be hard for veteran actors to find jobs, especially in daytime without taking a cut in pay. The only way she would go to GH would be if she took a huge pay cut, at least that's what I would imagine would have to happen.
Why would they not afford her? If Deidre joins another show, shouldn't she get a newbies salary since that's what she is on a new show?
of course not! Its Marlena in Port Charles. She's a name brand, and the show has to pay for that brand.

You and I both share the same sense that she's overrated, but comon LOL.
Edited by Drew, Jan 17 2009, 08:38 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

anyway, to the topic at hand. Just cause GH sees her in the role of Claudia's mom, doesnt mean they'll pay for her. Plus, Deidre and that dude that's her father as a once couple? Eww! It would never happen. lol. There's only so much disbelief I can suspend.
Edited by Drew, Jan 17 2009, 08:40 PM.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 08:08 PM
Sindacco
Why would they not afford her? If Deidre joins another show, shouldn't she get a newbies salary since that's what she is on a new show?
LMAO. That would be like Meryl Streep joining Days and being paid the same as Molly Burnett.
ROFL!!! :roflol:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 17 2009, 08:39 PM
anyway, to the topic at hand. Just cause GH sees her in the role of Claudia's mom, doesnt mean they'll pay for her. Plus, Deidre and that dude that's her father as a once couple? Eww! It would never happen. lol. There's only so much disbelief I can suspend.
Seriously... so true... WHY on earth would I ever buy that Deidre as Claudia's mom would have sex with that guy?

Scott
Member Avatar

I can't see Deidre as Brown's mother it just wouldn't fit imo. I could see Lauren Koslow playing Brown's mother but not Deidre.

Mason
Member Avatar

I actually could see Deidre playing Sarah Brown's mother if Brown's hair was still blonde. Now she's just too dark.

Scott
Member Avatar

yeah that's what I was thinking too...Deidre as Carly's adopted mom...now that I could see but she's dead lol

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Mason
Jan 17 2009, 11:11 PM
I actually could see Deidre playing Sarah Brown's mother if Brown's hair was still blonde. Now she's just too dark.
Hair comes from the father's side

Mason
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 18 2009, 12:25 AM
Mason
Really? LoL, I thought it was just arbitrary! :lol:

Scott
Member Avatar

even if hair color is decided by the father that doesn't mean your not going to have a black haired father with a blond daughter.

ginababe
BANNED

Maybe Dee and Jane's characters will hook up? :insert sarcasm here:
Edited by ginababe, Jan 18 2009, 12:51 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well Im not believing anything yet.. But I would love it, Id also love Drake to go to GH he would fit in almost anywhere , The Hospital or the Mob, or the Police.
I think IF they want to work they will be willing to take a paycut.. They will bring tons of viewers and viewers equal revenue.
Although Id love to see Deidre on Y&R its east coast and I dont think she is willing to uproot her children and move across country. Same for Drake.. So if they stay in Daytime , I only see them working on the West Coast.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Y&R is on the west coast.

cassie1013

ginababe
Jan 18 2009, 12:51 AM
Maybe Dee and Jane's characters will hook up? :insert sarcasm here:
BWAHAHA.

^^ And yeah, like Mason said, Y&R is west coast! Maybe it's confusing as Y&R is actually set in the east coast..?

cassie1013

Amello
Jan 17 2009, 07:42 PM
Scott
GH can't afford Hall, let's face the cost of veteran actors like Hall is very high and in todays current state it is going to be hard for veteran actors to find jobs, especially in daytime without taking a cut in pay. The only way she would go to GH would be if she took a huge pay cut, at least that's what I would imagine would have to happen.
Please, Frons would just take the money from AMC's budget! HAHA
Can you imagine Susan Lucci's reaction? GOLD!

And how surreal is it that we're discussing Deidre Hall on another soap, in another role (potentially). Did we ever think this day would come? It's just so strange! She is Marlena...and now she's just not Lol.

Mason
Member Avatar

cassie1013
Jan 18 2009, 02:55 AM
Amello
Jan 17 2009, 07:42 PM
Scott
Please, Frons would just take the money from AMC's budget! HAHA
Can you imagine Susan Lucci's reaction? GOLD!
LMAO! She'd spit nails right through Frons's skull!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 17 2009, 08:04 PM
Sindacco
It doesn't work that way. Salaries are partially negotiated based on years of experience in the business.
Yes I have read that before on these boards but I never see anyone backing it up with facts from where they got the information. But I have read in an article that when someone joins another soap, they get a newbies salary, and those that return to a soap they worked on before take a major paycut. Examples of that are Stephen Nichols and Mary-Beth Evans on Days, and Hunter Tylo on B&B.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 08:08 PM
Sindacco
LMAO. That would be like Meryl Streep joining Days and being paid the same as Molly Burnett.
Yes it would be since Meryl Streep would be new on Days and therefor wouldn't have a vets salary.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 18 2009, 12:25 AM
Mason
Not necessarily. Genetics are a funny thing.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Jan 17 2009, 11:03 PM
Drew
Jan 17 2009, 08:39 PM
Seriously... so true... WHY on earth would I ever buy that Deidre as Claudia's mom would have sex with that guy?
Why not?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply