Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre to GH?
Topic Started: Jan 17 2009, 03:27 PM (6,416 Views)
specialcases
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jan 18 2009, 07:06 AM
Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 08:08 PM
Sindacco
Jan 17 2009, 08:03 PM
Why would they not afford her? If Deidre joins another show, shouldn't she get a newbies salary since that's what she is on a new show?
LMAO. That would be like Meryl Streep joining Days and being paid the same as Molly Burnett.
Yes it would be since Meryl Streep would be new on Days and therefor wouldn't have a vets salary.
sorry....wrong. Do you remember Shirley Jones talking about the "tons" of money that Days paid her for her stint?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mason
Jan 18 2009, 03:01 AM
cassie1013
Jan 18 2009, 02:55 AM
Amello
Jan 17 2009, 07:42 PM
Scott
Jan 17 2009, 07:27 PM
GH can't afford Hall, let's face the cost of veteran actors like Hall is very high and in todays current state it is going to be hard for veteran actors to find jobs, especially in daytime without taking a cut in pay. The only way she would go to GH would be if she took a huge pay cut, at least that's what I would imagine would have to happen.
Please, Frons would just take the money from AMC's budget! HAHA
Can you imagine Susan Lucci's reaction? GOLD!
LMAO! She'd spit nails right through Frons's skull!
it'd be smarter to pay for her to do a short stint (3 months with travel pay) on Days direct competition, like AMC. LOL, imagine corday's face.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

specialcases
Jan 18 2009, 09:17 AM
Sindacco
Jan 18 2009, 07:06 AM
Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 08:08 PM
Sindacco
Jan 17 2009, 08:03 PM
Why would they not afford her? If Deidre joins another show, shouldn't she get a newbies salary since that's what she is on a new show?
LMAO. That would be like Meryl Streep joining Days and being paid the same as Molly Burnett.
Yes it would be since Meryl Streep would be new on Days and therefor wouldn't have a vets salary.
sorry....wrong. Do you remember Shirley Jones talking about the "tons" of money that Days paid her for her stint?
Maybe she only wanted to guest star if she got alot of money and Days wanted her so they paid. What I'm saying is that there is no guarantee you will get a big paycheck just because you are a wellknown actor/actress.

e83talus
Member Avatar

While don't beleive this is true, I would love a show down (short stint) between two daytime diva's Susan and Deidre. I actually think Deidre would love to play a bitchy role short term against Susan. I think creatively, Susan may enjoy that too, if she knew she would win at the end of the stint!

Scott
Member Avatar

I high doubt someone like Hall would go to another show and get the same salary as the unknown younger actress that's new to the show. Like someone mentioned before, if you are a veteran actor you have almost become a brand in and of yourself which means you draw and attract people just off of your name, sort of like what Coca-Cola or Nike does. Regardless of whether Hall has or hasn't been on GH or even OLTL or AMC she would still get a pretty good pay check. She might have to take a pay cut from what Days was paying her but she would still be making pretty good money, I would assume.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

If Deidre goes to another soap, I hope she plays a bitchy character. Something completely opposite of Marlena.

:rockon:

Keith
Member Avatar

Regarding veteran's of one soap going to another, I believe that what most posters have said is correct, due to the actor's unions and agencies. Experience makes a huge difference because of these two factors, so while paycuts are not surprising, very rarely could you see someone with the experience of Deidre taking the same pay as Molly Burnett. Its unlikely they'll make as much on their last show, but its just as unlikely it will be treated the same as a complete newcomer.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Jan 18 2009, 08:37 AM
Why not?
He's a psychopath. A creepy one.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

Oh God No!!!

First 'Emily' returns and now maybe this woman?

How many bad actors does this show need at one time?

Keep her off GH and my Y&R.
Send her to ATWT or something...
or better yet, send her ass over to Lifetime...LoL

deefanUBS

hoochielicious
Jan 17 2009, 03:27 PM
What issue date is that? I just went to the store and it's not the most current issue (dated Jan. 27th).

Also, since you posted the cover, do you think perhaps you could tell us what related material is printed in the book?

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

deefanUBS
Jan 18 2009, 02:35 PM
hoochielicious
What issue date is that? I just went to the store and it's not the most current issue (dated Jan. 27th).

Also, since you posted the cover, do you think perhaps you could tell us what related material is printed in the book?
I saw the cover posted somewhere. I did not buy it. I have no clue what's inside. Sorry. I'm assuming it's pretty recent since it says Kendall wakes up.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hoochielicious
Jan 18 2009, 02:43 PM
deefanUBS
hoochielicious

I saw the cover posted somewhere. I did not buy it. I have no clue what's inside. Sorry. I'm assuming it's pretty recent since it says Kendall wakes up.
Man, hoochie, it's like you committed a crime or something to simply post this and ask if others had heard about it! :huh:

King
Member Avatar

Peaches, Hoagie already did write for Dee...and it sucked. LOL.

I am sure Frons is in talks with her. He is a smart business man, and he'd be a fool not to be. But we'll see where it goes.

As you said Tim, here we go.

Ellie

^^ Ladyofthelake, we have had several posts and even a thread deleted in the past few days. We are trying to nip these things in the bud. "DeeFanUBS" was simply asking for more information, since only the cover was posted, and she went out to look for the issue but could not find it. Posts like yours above lead to arguments and are unnecessary. No one suggested "Hoochie" did anything until you attributed that to DeeFanUBS.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

ladyofthelake
Jan 18 2009, 02:47 PM
hoochielicious
deefanUBS
hoochielicious

Man, hoochie, it's like you committed a crime or something to simply post this and ask if others had heard about it! :huh:
All I need is a good defense, because I'm feeling like a crim in al. lol

I just posted it because I didn't see it mentioned on any of the boards I went to. I was curious if anyone had some inside info on whether or not it's true. It's not like I posted a rumor, it's a mag cover.

hops
Member Avatar

UBS, I'll check at the drugstore today and see if it is there. :)

Ellie

hoochielicious
Jan 18 2009, 03:03 PM
I just posted it because I didn't see it mentioned on any of the boards I went to. I was curious if anyone had some inside info on whether or not it's true. It's not like I posted a rumor, it's a mag cover.
No problem at all. It was appreciated that you posted it.

jules

deefanUBS
hoochielicious

I'm sure it's just one of those usual soap magazine headlines that is totally misleading. I think it's too early to land on another soap.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

hoochielicious
Jan 18 2009, 03:03 PM
ladyofthelake
Jan 18 2009, 02:47 PM
hoochielicious
deefanUBS
hoochielicious

All I need is a good defense, because I'm feeling like a crim in al. lol

It's been a great speculation. I'm just glad some people appreciated it. It makes a good topic of discussion. I'm just amazed it's being questioned. Do you remember what board you saw it on? Surely someone in the real world has seen it. I don't buy those things.

deefanUBS

hops
Jan 18 2009, 03:09 PM
UBS, I'll check at the drugstore today and see if it is there. :)
Thanks hops.

With a headline like that, I am willing to bet it's nothing more than someone at GH saying they should try to get Deidre and she'd be a great cast for Claudia. If it were something more than a rumor, I would expect a much different headline.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply