Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre to GH?
Topic Started: Jan 17 2009, 03:27 PM (6,445 Views)
Pretty In Pink

I hope it isn't true that she is going to General Hospital. I love that show and I don't want her going there and ruining it!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 18 2009, 05:00 PM
hoochielicious
Jan 18 2009, 04:55 PM
Drew
Jan 18 2009, 04:10 PM
King
Jan 18 2009, 02:50 PM
Peaches, Hoagie already did write for Dee...and it sucked. LOL.
independent Marlena was great
IA I prefer independent Marlena to J&M. Things went downhill for Marlena after the injection of Stefano storyline was over. She was back to propping John. She put up with him slamming her head in a door, then openly cheating on her with Ava. I don't want to see Marlena that way. I wouldn't want to see any character that way.
It made no sense at all. And when she tried to get John to see the light, she did it by being vindictive and having a drink with Trent Robbins in front of John. Marlena wouldn't ever do that. Dena made no effort whatsoever to write Marlena in character this year, and you're absolutely right that Marlena (and for that matter imo almost all of the women on the show) are written as doormats. The ones who aren't (Nicole) are written as having other emotional issues. I think Dena must have a very poor self-image to write all of her women like that.
It's not just the women, the men are also poorly written.

Ellie

Sindacco
Jan 18 2009, 05:07 PM
It's not just the women, the men are also poorly written.
True. Lucas is being cheated on, EJ's clueless, Dan is a perv...

e83talus
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Jan 18 2009, 04:55 PM
Drew
Jan 18 2009, 04:10 PM
King
Jan 18 2009, 02:50 PM
Peaches, Hoagie already did write for Dee...and it sucked. LOL.
independent Marlena was great
IA I prefer independent Marlena to J&M. Things went downhill for Marlena after the injection of Stefano storyline was over. She was back to propping John. She put up with him slamming her head in a door, then openly cheating on her with Ava. I don't want to see Marlena that way. I wouldn't want to see any character that way.
ICAM. I stopped watching in May because she had turned Marlena into a Pod person and John was a one note drone!

On the topic of Sheffer, he was HW from October 06 until about March 08 and Mason credits him with good writing for Marlena for three months? Itt isn't good that he wrote well for one of his lead vet women for a total of 3 months during a one and a half year tenure. That means he either did not write for her or wrote her poorly for a year and 3 months. The majority of the time she was written poorly. I mean during the Summer she behaved like a romance novel fan cooing over those stupid letters.
Edited by e83talus, Jan 18 2009, 05:46 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

e83talus
Jan 18 2009, 05:45 PM
On the topic of Sheffer, he was HW from October 06 until about March 08 and Mason credits him with good writing for Marlena for three months? Itt isn't good that he wrote well for one of his lead vet women for a total of 3 months during a one and a half year tenure. That means he either did not write for her or wrote her poorly for a year and 3 months. The majority of the time she was written poorly. I mean during the Summer she behaved like a romance novel fan cooing over those stupid letters.
No, actually I credit him for writing her well for six and a half months. :)

And his work stopped airing in mid January, not March.
Edited by Mason, Jan 18 2009, 05:47 PM.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 18 2009, 05:46 PM
e83talus
Jan 18 2009, 05:45 PM
No, actually I credit him for writing her well for six and a half months. :)

And his work stopped airing in mid January, not March.
I was under the impression he wrote through the plane crash (secretly)! That definitely was not Dena?

Mason
Member Avatar

e83talus
Jan 18 2009, 05:49 PM
I was under the impression he wrote through the plane crash (secretly)! That definitely was not Dena?
Nope, that was Higley. The last thing that Hogan wrote was Marlena drugging Stefano into a catatonic state.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

technically is was Mark Higley ....... but we know who was really writing (and who should lose their WGA membership over it but wont)
Edited by Drew, Jan 18 2009, 06:02 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I dont get how we can seriously still be blaming Hogan Sheffer for them being backburnered as long as they were. No one seems to hold Reilly accountable for them vanishing after the Alex North debacle ended, its just understood it was a Corday/budget thing.

So lame ...

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Mason
Jan 18 2009, 05:50 PM
e83talus
Jan 18 2009, 05:49 PM
Nope, that was Higley. The last thing that Hogan wrote was Marlena drugging Stefano into a catatonic state.
Which was one of my favorite things ever...... :wub2:

hops
Member Avatar

Rhiannon
Jan 18 2009, 05:02 PM
deefanUBS
Jan 18 2009, 02:35 PM
hoochielicious
Jan 17 2009, 03:27 PM
What issue date is that? I just went to the store and it's not the most current issue (dated Jan. 27th).

Also, since you posted the cover, do you think perhaps you could tell us what related material is printed in the book?

Ok for those of you who were doubting the ABC SID cover that was posted in this thread, I have proof that it's real. I'm surprised none of you went to their website before the arguement over if it was a real cover or not started.

Google can be a good friend sometimes...... :)

Click on the link below and look at the cover on the right side of the screen......

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/
After reading this thread, I don't believe people were doubting this at all. Just curious as to what exactly was said inside the magazine. :)

EJole
Member Avatar
BANNED

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FUCK!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

EJole
Jan 18 2009, 06:42 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FUCK!
You don't want her there because you don't like her, or you like her but not GH?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jan 18 2009, 07:06 AM
Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 08:08 PM
Sindacco
Jan 17 2009, 08:03 PM
Why would they not afford her? If Deidre joins another show, shouldn't she get a newbies salary since that's what she is on a new show?
LMAO. That would be like Meryl Streep joining Days and being paid the same as Molly Burnett.
Yes it would be since Meryl Streep would be new on Days and therefor wouldn't have a vets salary.
Like Mason said, it doesn't work that way. Like in sports, a soap is going to have to pay for a top notch actor like Deidre Hall to get her on their show. I don't know where you read such a thing but it's not true.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

At the very least, they would pay for experience. Just about any job works that way. Most will transfer some years of experience. Then again, it also depends on what other offers she gets. Or doesn't get. There are a lot of variables. If other jobs don't materialize, she might have to take a paycut to get back in the game. Economy hits a lot of people. Too many variables right now. It will be interesting to see what materializes for her in the future, regardless of whether this cover is misleading or is onto something.
Dee Hall compared to Meryl Streep.......................interesting comparison.....
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jan 18 2009, 08:18 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

deefanUBS

Rhiannon
Jan 18 2009, 05:02 PM
deefanUBS
Jan 18 2009, 02:35 PM
hoochielicious
Jan 17 2009, 03:27 PM
What issue date is that? I just went to the store and it's not the most current issue (dated Jan. 27th).

Also, since you posted the cover, do you think perhaps you could tell us what related material is printed in the book?

Ok for those of you who were doubting the ABC SID cover that was posted in this thread, I have proof that it's real. I'm surprised none of you went to their website before the arguement over if it was a real cover or not started.

Google can be a good friend sometimes...... :)

Click on the link below and look at the cover on the right side of the screen......

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/

Who was doubting the cover? Posted Image I simply asked what material, in reference to the caption, is printed inside the journal?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Deidre Hall would only fit for GH and Y&R, in my opinion. Those shows scripts writers are miles better than any other show and Deidre Hall cannot overcome bad writing. Plus, I really want to see her play bitchy, and to see her opposite Jane Eliot. Maybe we can judge for ourselves if those "rumours" are true, LOL.
Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Amello
Jan 18 2009, 09:52 PM
Deidre Hall would only fit for GH and Y&R, in my opinion. Those shows scripts writers are miles better than any other show and Deidre Hall cannot overcome bad writing.
oh snap, now you've done it. prepare for the assault, lol.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Jan 18 2009, 10:00 PM
Amello
Deidre Hall would only fit for GH and Y&R, in my opinion. Those shows scripts writers are miles better than any other show and Deidre Hall cannot overcome bad writing.
Oh Drew, if they do, I'll just ignore them. Plus, my statement above is a fact that has been proven countless times.
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Amello
Jan 18 2009, 10:13 PM
Drew
Jan 18 2009, 10:00 PM
Amello
Oh Drew, if they do, I'll just ignore them. Plus, my statement above is a fact that has been proven countless times.
Well, no matter what material she gets, you can expect some unnecessary hammy mannerisms and orgasmic sounds. Just my opinion, she's not that great of an actress.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply