Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre to GH?
Topic Started: Jan 17 2009, 03:27 PM (6,534 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Allow me to point out the obvious?

For one thing, SID has a nasty habit of putting misleading headlines on their cover. Someone dies, Mo is leaving and Vanessa is coming back every single issue.

Two, Frons has a history of getting boners for Days actors. If he is interested, she is interested and they find the money to pay her, he will put her on GH, for no other reason than to draw in her fans that know her from Days. That's how Frons works.
Edited by OneBadKitty, Jan 18 2009, 10:18 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

deefanUBS
Jan 18 2009, 09:49 PM
Rhiannon
Jan 18 2009, 05:02 PM
deefanUBS
Jan 18 2009, 02:35 PM
hoochielicious
Jan 17 2009, 03:27 PM
What issue date is that? I just went to the store and it's not the most current issue (dated Jan. 27th).

Also, since you posted the cover, do you think perhaps you could tell us what related material is printed in the book?

Ok for those of you who were doubting the ABC SID cover that was posted in this thread, I have proof that it's real. I'm surprised none of you went to their website before the arguement over if it was a real cover or not started.

Google can be a good friend sometimes...... :)

Click on the link below and look at the cover on the right side of the screen......

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/

Who was doubting the cover? Posted Image I simply asked what material, in reference to the caption, is printed inside the journal?
I apologize if I offended you at all it wasn't my intention...

I just wanted others to know that it wasn't a photo shopped cover or anything....

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

the Brady slap, her acting at its "finest". (skip to the end) Hillariously, the degrade in video quality because its from youtube actually makes the slap look like it makes contact with Brady's face, instead of how it aired - clearly hitting nothing. And "damn you bastard" -- lmao, so fake.

hops
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 18 2009, 10:13 PM
Drew
Jan 18 2009, 10:00 PM
Amello
Jan 18 2009, 09:52 PM
Deidre Hall would only fit for GH and Y&R, in my opinion. Those shows scripts writers are miles better than any other show and Deidre Hall cannot overcome bad writing.
oh snap, now you've done it. prepare for the assault, lol.
Oh Drew, if they do, I'll just ignore them. Plus, my statement above is a fact that has been proven countless times.
Ignore who? I thought we weren't supposed to talk about other posters on this board. I thought that was the one rule, or am I mistaken?
Edited by hops, Jan 18 2009, 10:34 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

hops
Jan 18 2009, 10:31 PM
Amello
Drew
Amello
Deidre Hall would only fit for GH and Y&R, in my opinion. Those shows scripts writers are miles better than any other show and Deidre Hall cannot overcome bad writing.
Oh Drew, if they do, I'll just ignore them. Plus, my statement above is a fact that has been proven countless times.
Ignore who? I thought we weren't supposed to talk about other posters on this board. I thought that was the one rule, or am I mistaken?
Oh, that was just a general statement. I meant, if anyone attacked me, I would ignore them.
Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 18 2009, 10:36 PM
hops
Jan 18 2009, 10:31 PM
Amello
Drew
Amello
Oh, that was just a general statement. I meant, if anyone attacked me, I would ignore them.
Good to know. ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jan 18 2009, 01:57 AM
Y&R is on the west coast.
Is it ?? *LOL*
Awesome, I didnt know, great that means more choices.. Until recently Ive only watched Day's, till Kirsten joined GH then Id swing by now and again, but I watch it regular now..
So if Y&R is West Coast that allows more options for Dee and Drake .. Very Cool.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Jan 18 2009, 08:10 PM
Sindacco
Jan 18 2009, 07:06 AM
Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 08:08 PM
Sindacco
Jan 17 2009, 08:03 PM
Why would they not afford her? If Deidre joins another show, shouldn't she get a newbies salary since that's what she is on a new show?
LMAO. That would be like Meryl Streep joining Days and being paid the same as Molly Burnett.
Yes it would be since Meryl Streep would be new on Days and therefor wouldn't have a vets salary.
Like Mason said, it doesn't work that way. Like in sports, a soap is going to have to pay for a top notch actor like Deidre Hall to get her on their show. I don't know where you read such a thing but it's not true.
The article was from soap world. But all of you that say I'm wrong, where did you get your information?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Amello
Deidre Hall would only fit for GH and Y&R, in my opinion. Those shows scripts writers are miles better than any other show and Deidre Hall cannot overcome bad writing. Plus, I really want to see her play bitchy, and to see her opposite Jane Eliot. Maybe we can judge for ourselves if those "rumours" are true, LOL.
Amello, I love your courage! :D

peaches179

Amello
Deidre Hall would only fit for GH and Y&R, in my opinion. Those shows scripts writers are miles better than any other show and Deidre Hall cannot overcome bad writing. Plus, I really want to see her play bitchy, and to see her opposite Jane Eliot. Maybe we can judge for ourselves if those "rumours" are true, LOL.

I would love to see Deidre and Jane in scenes together. ( Given there're best friends, that would be fun to watch) The icing on the cake would be to have Alexis/Diane
thrown in the mix. I probably could watch GH just to see those four interact. LOL!

e83talus
Member Avatar

peaches179
Jan 19 2009, 10:35 AM
Amello

I would love to see Deidre and Jane in scenes together. ( Given there're best friends, that would be fun to watch) The icing on the cake would be to have Alexis/Diane
thrown in the mix. I probably could watch GH just to see those four interact. LOL!
Deidre even going there would get me to watch GH, but this combination would likely get me to stay with GH! :)

Mason
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jan 19 2009, 08:56 AM
Jiggs
Sindacco
Kenny
Sindacco
Why would they not afford her? If Deidre joins another show, shouldn't she get a newbies salary since that's what she is on a new show?
LMAO. That would be like Meryl Streep joining Days and being paid the same as Molly Burnett.
Yes it would be since Meryl Streep would be new on Days and therefor wouldn't have a vets salary.
Like Mason said, it doesn't work that way. Like in sports, a soap is going to have to pay for a top notch actor like Deidre Hall to get her on their show. I don't know where you read such a thing but it's not true.
The article was from soap world. But all of you that say I'm wrong, where did you get your information?
Common sense.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Jan 19 2009, 12:58 PM
Sindacco
Jiggs
Sindacco
Kenny
Sindacco
Common sense.
But since when did common sense have anything to do with the latest in the soap opera world? I mean, common sense would dictate that Hall wouldn't have been fired in the first place. Don Diamonte wouldn't have been let go. Hordes of vets wouldn't be asked to take paycuts. There are a lot of business decisions that are made that don't necessarily follow common sense.
But, say common sense plays here. Common sense would also say that if Hall doesn't find another job, she might be willing to take a lesser salary to get back into the business again. Certainly, if a show's existing vets took paycuts ( I don't know if this is the case with GH or not), then the shit would hit the fan if they paid big bucks for Hall. Deidre Hall might be a name in soaps, but she's not THE ONLY name in soaps.
I don't think Sindacco's question was out of line at all. As for me, I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I won't follow her, regardless.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jiggs
Sindacco
Kenny
Sindacco
Common knowledge of the free market system?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Jan 19 2009, 02:31 PM
Sindacco
Jiggs
Sindacco
Kenny
Sindacco
Common knowledge of the free market system?
Which also has to do with the concept of paying what the market will bear, not to mention, the up and down worlds of inflation and recession. Which, according to the news, we are in. We don't know if the soap market will bear a high salary for Hall or not. If companies who pay for commercials cut back on their advertising, and if shows are cutting salaries for their established vets, why does it seem that a few people think others are silly in believing the world isn't going to throw money at Hall?

Plus, since Sindacco is NOT from the U.S., you might want to consider that he doesn't know about the US free enterprise concept. But then again, he might surprise you. I would venture to say, should a show consider hiring her, it's probably a happy medium between the Queen of the Vets salary and a lowly newbie salary. In my humble opinion, of course.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Seriously, if Dee ends up on GH, and yet they can't make room for Genie Francis, then GH is even more fucked up then I thought.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mikegoldy
Jan 19 2009, 03:53 PM
Seriously, if Dee ends up on GH, and yet they can't make room for Genie Francis, then GH is even more fucked up then I thought.
Good point!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I wouldnt believe this because Frons doesnt really do stories for the vets there. If she was to be Claudia's mom then she would have a good chance at airtime because it would have to do w/the mob.
I thought Frons was too busy still trying to get Vanessa Marcil?!
Liz

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

As a DAYS fan I hope to god this is NOT true. I don't think I could stomach Deidre joining such a CRAP show as GH.

Plus I want her to return to DAYS and if she is on GH that will never happen.

:(

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mikegoldy
Jan 19 2009, 03:53 PM
See, that would ordinarily piss off GH fans but I'm convinced many of those who would care have already stopped watching and that those that care and still watch have accepted her never returning. Hell, I would almost expect Frons to do something really stupid like recast Genie with Deidre Hall but that would piss Tony Geary off and that would be the end of that.

I can see GH making her an offer and I can see them making room to bring her on. They have a chance with this current story of theirs to clear some space. I have this feeling Leslie Charleson may get axed during this story so that could help. However, I don't think Dee will end up there nor do I see her on AMC with their issues or OLTL since Ron seems to like bringing in familiar faces more then anyone new. I can see Drake on GH soon but Dee I feel may end up doing something else.

Actually, more and more I'm thinking Dee is going to so something primetime related or something not soap-related. With all the cuts in daytime, I can see her fielding offers and staying away for awhile. The way she said she thought there really wasn't "a daytime to be had" in her chat made it sound like she was through with daytime for awhile.

If I had to choose a place for her, I think the best is Y&R right now. The strong writing and direction will help her and she needs that. Otherwise, I don't see a good fit right now in daytime. I do think she will have her share of projects to pick from and it seems she has things in the works. We'll see. Anything can happen. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply