Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deidre to GH?
Topic Started: Jan 17 2009, 03:27 PM (6,550 Views)
Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 20 2009, 01:51 AM
Mikegoldy
Jan 19 2009, 03:53 PM
Seriously, if Dee ends up on GH, and yet they can't make room for Genie Francis, then GH is even more fucked up then I thought.
See, that would ordinarily piss off GH fans but I'm convinced many of those who would care have already stopped watching and that those that care and still watch have accepted her never returning. Hell, I would almost expect Frons to do something really stupid like recast Genie with Deidre Hall but that would piss Tony Geary off and that would be the end of that.

I can see GH making her an offer and I can see them making room to bring her on. They have a chance with this current story of theirs to clear some space. I have this feeling Leslie Charleson may get axed during this story so that could help. However, I don't think Dee will end up there nor do I see her on AMC with their issues or OLTL since Ron seems to like bringing in familiar faces more then anyone new. I can see Drake on GH soon but Dee I feel may end up doing something else.

Actually, more and more I'm thinking Dee is going to so something primetime related or something not soap-related. With all the cuts in daytime, I can see her fielding offers and staying away for awhile. The way she said she thought there really wasn't "a daytime to be had" in her chat made it sound like she was through with daytime for awhile.

If I had to choose a place for her, I think the best is Y&R right now. The strong writing and direction will help her and she needs that. Otherwise, I don't see a good fit right now in daytime. I do think she will have her share of projects to pick from and it seems she has things in the works. We'll see. Anything can happen. Nothing would surprise me anymore.
I don't see her on Y&R at all. The show is filled with actresses in her age range who deserve the airtime that Dee would take away. Oddly enough, I see her on GH more than any other soap, but the thought of that makes me ill, since Genie and other actresses have been treated so poorly
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 19 2009, 03:05 PM
Jiggs
Jan 19 2009, 02:31 PM
Sindacco
Jan 19 2009, 08:56 AM
Jiggs
Jan 18 2009, 08:10 PM
Sindacco
Jan 18 2009, 07:06 AM
Kenny
Jan 17 2009, 08:08 PM
Sindacco
Jan 17 2009, 08:03 PM
Why would they not afford her? If Deidre joins another show, shouldn't she get a newbies salary since that's what she is on a new show?
LMAO. That would be like Meryl Streep joining Days and being paid the same as Molly Burnett.
Yes it would be since Meryl Streep would be new on Days and therefor wouldn't have a vets salary.
Like Mason said, it doesn't work that way. Like in sports, a soap is going to have to pay for a top notch actor like Deidre Hall to get her on their show. I don't know where you read such a thing but it's not true.
The article was from soap world. But all of you that say I'm wrong, where did you get your information?
Common knowledge of the free market system?
Which also has to do with the concept of paying what the market will bear, not to mention, the up and down worlds of inflation and recession. Which, according to the news, we are in. We don't know if the soap market will bear a high salary for Hall or not. If companies who pay for commercials cut back on their advertising, and if shows are cutting salaries for their established vets, why does it seem that a few people think others are silly in believing the world isn't going to throw money at Hall?

Plus, since Sindacco is NOT from the U.S., you might want to consider that he doesn't know about the US free enterprise concept. But then again, he might surprise you. I would venture to say, should a show consider hiring her, it's probably a happy medium between the Queen of the Vets salary and a lowly newbie salary. In my humble opinion, of course.
First of all I made no comments saying that I think a soap will currently pay what they have been willing to pay in the past. It is pretty OBVIOUS that all the soaps are hurting and nobody, even Deidre Hall, is going to be earning the kind of money she used to if she gets a job on another soap. I also never said anyone was silly, so please do not paint me with that accusatory brush. Secondly, I don't know what it would matter where Sindacco is from. But I'll guess that since he mentioned Soap World, he is from Australia. I believe Australia has the same kind of free market that the United States does. He can correct me if I'm wrong, since you neglected to tell me the facts of where he is from while somehow expecting me to know he is not from the U.S. But since we were talking about the soaps that are produced HERE in the U.S., again I don't see what it matters where he is from since I doubt Deidre will be going outside of the U.S. to find a job on a soap.
Edited by Jiggs, Jan 20 2009, 02:28 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mikegoldy
Jan 20 2009, 02:13 AM
PhoenixRising05
Mikegoldy
Seriously, if Dee ends up on GH, and yet they can't make room for Genie Francis, then GH is even more fucked up then I thought.
See, that would ordinarily piss off GH fans but I'm convinced many of those who would care have already stopped watching and that those that care and still watch have accepted her never returning. Hell, I would almost expect Frons to do something really stupid like recast Genie with Deidre Hall but that would piss Tony Geary off and that would be the end of that.

I can see GH making her an offer and I can see them making room to bring her on. They have a chance with this current story of theirs to clear some space. I have this feeling Leslie Charleson may get axed during this story so that could help. However, I don't think Dee will end up there nor do I see her on AMC with their issues or OLTL since Ron seems to like bringing in familiar faces more then anyone new. I can see Drake on GH soon but Dee I feel may end up doing something else.

Actually, more and more I'm thinking Dee is going to so something primetime related or something not soap-related. With all the cuts in daytime, I can see her fielding offers and staying away for awhile. The way she said she thought there really wasn't "a daytime to be had" in her chat made it sound like she was through with daytime for awhile.

If I had to choose a place for her, I think the best is Y&R right now. The strong writing and direction will help her and she needs that. Otherwise, I don't see a good fit right now in daytime. I do think she will have her share of projects to pick from and it seems she has things in the works. We'll see. Anything can happen. Nothing would surprise me anymore.
I don't see her on Y&R at all. The show is filled with actresses in her age range who deserve the airtime that Dee would take away. Oddly enough, I see her on GH more than any other soap, but the thought of that makes me ill, since Genie and other actresses have been treated so poorly
You make a great point and Y&R is not that into stunt-casting too often. Also, who knows what impact MTS would have. I always thought a bigger deal was made of the whole Melody vs Dee thing but you never know.

The more I think about it, the more I feel sure Dee will do something outside daytime unless she ends up back at Days. She's gone to primetime before. Who knows. I just have this feeling she won't be on a soap for at least a little while.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Jan 20 2009, 02:35 AM
Mikegoldy
PhoenixRising05
Mikegoldy

You make a great point and Y&R is not that into stunt-casting too often. Also, who knows what impact MTS would have. I always thought a bigger deal was made of the whole Melody vs Dee thing but you never know.

The more I think about it, the more I feel sure Dee will do something outside daytime unless she ends up back at Days. She's gone to primetime before. Who knows. I just have this feeling she won't be on a soap for at least a little while.
This would make a great poll! "Where will Deidre end up first?" And, of course, Drake. So few people seem to discuss poor Drake in this. We tend to forget he lost his job, too. Twice. (Although I still think the first one was a stunt).
1. He/she will retire
2. He/she will direct
3. He/she will produce
4. He/she will land another soap
5. He/she will go into primetime
6. He/she will do a movie
7. He/she will go into another line of business

Kyrai

peaches179
Jan 19 2009, 10:35 AM
Amello
Jan 18 2009, 09:52 PM
Deidre Hall would only fit for GH and Y&R, in my opinion. Those shows scripts writers are miles better than any other show and Deidre Hall cannot overcome bad writing. Plus, I really want to see her play bitchy, and to see her opposite Jane Eliot. Maybe we can judge for ourselves if those "rumours" are true, LOL.

I would love to see Deidre and Jane in scenes together. ( Given there're best friends, that would be fun to watch) The icing on the cake would be to have Alexis/Diane
thrown in the mix. I probably could watch GH just to see those four interact. LOL!
I don't know Alexis/Diane, but I loved Jane Eliot on Days. It's been twenty years since I watched GH, but I'd give it a try again to see them.

Thanks for the info Hoochielicious.

Kyrai

Mikegoldy
What happened to Genie? I haven't watched her outside of Days, but I thought she was back on GH? I liked her and thought about watching GH again, but I just didn't want to start another soap since Days has been driving me crazy as it was.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Mikegoldy
The show is filled with actresses in her age range who deserve the airtime that Dee would take away.
I agree. I dont want her to come back to Y&R.

Ship her off to B&B, she can get back to her campy roots and Ridge can go after someone his own age for once. Make her the new Sally Spectra-esq character since Jackie Marone's not doing anything.
Edited by Drew, Jan 20 2009, 10:31 AM.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Dee is at her best when it comes to comedy. Hopefully she can find a sitcom

Dee
Member Avatar

I am hoping that Dee & Drake go to Y/R, they need a new couple & business to compete with Victor & Jack, I can see Drake butting heads with Victor, he needs a strong actor like Drake to take him on.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Dee
Jan 20 2009, 02:06 PM
I am hoping that Dee & Drake go to Y/R, they need a new couple & business to compete with Victor & Jack, I can see Drake butting heads with Victor, he needs a strong actor like Drake to take him on.
Drake is a strong actor? lol Seriously, I just don't think there is any room for Drake and Deidre on Y&R. I wouldn't mind seeing Drake on GH or another soap, but Y&R needs to be able to write stories for the vets they have.

Pretty In Pink

Maybe Deidre will retire, collect her social security, and stay away from television for good. She doesn't need to start over on another soap and suck the air (literally) from the rest of the actors/characters that have already been established on each show. She has been on soaps long enough and her "acting" has gotten extremely bad the past few years.

Kyrai

Mikegoldy
Jan 20 2009, 02:45 PM
Dee
Drake is a strong actor? lol Seriously, I just don't think there is any room for Drake and Deidre on Y&R. I wouldn't mind seeing Drake on GH or another soap, but Y&R needs to be able to write stories for the vets they have.
I think he's a strong actor. I've enjoyed him in strong scenes with Stefano, Tony, Victor, Bo, etc. through the years. I know he's dissed on alot, but I feel like there is something about him that plays really well off of others. I felt he was best when he first came on as Roman, and the early John years. He had such a natural human side and obvious warm caring heart. I think over the years, he played the character very soapy because of so much camp, and it worked for me in the campy stories, but there were times in more recent years it was a bit too much.

I really loved how he played new John at the beginning of the year, particularly with the strong Marlena that fought to get him back. It's just too bad the writing stagnated because I really wanted to see new John evolve into a blend with old John's heart, but less over the top romanticism, more independent grit for both of them.

I don't know enough about Y&R to know if I'd want him to go there or not. I'd like him to go somewhere that he's needed and will be used.
Edited by Kyrai, Jan 20 2009, 04:54 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Nine pages for a headline from Sonny In Depth that is probably misleading?

Mason
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Jan 20 2009, 05:00 PM
Nine pages for a headline from Sonny In Depth that is probably misleading?
This is DAYS. Nine pages is many times a short thread, LoL.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Dee
he already has one, Peter Bergman.

and no, they dont need a new business, they already have 4. And if you're thinking Y&R will pander to a "supercouple" you're going to be sadly disapointed.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Kyrai
Jan 20 2009, 04:54 PM
Mikegoldy
Dee
I think he's a strong actor. I've enjoyed him in strong scenes with Stefano, Tony, Victor, Bo, etc. through the years. I know he's dissed on alot, but I feel like there is something about him that plays really well off of others. I felt he was best when he first came on as Roman, and the early John years. He had such a natural human side and obvious warm caring heart. I think over the years, he played the character very soapy because of so much camp, and it worked for me in the campy stories, but there were times in more recent years it was a bit too much.

I really loved how he played new John at the beginning of the year, particularly with the strong Marlena that fought to get him back. It's just too bad the writing stagnated because I really wanted to see new John evolve into a blend with old John's heart, but less over the top romanticism, more independent grit for both of them.

I don't know enough about Y&R to know if I'd want him to go there or not. I'd like him to go somewhere that he's needed and will be used.
He's an eyebrow actor, nothing more.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

But it's one helluva eyebrow.

I'd like to see them in something I'm more likely to watch- guest starring in a primetime show, maybe.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Drew
Jan 20 2009, 08:52 PM
Kyrai
Mikegoldy
Dee

lmfao!

I do agree.

I haven't kept up with the thread. Did we ever get an answer if the cover is true or not?

Kyrai

Drew
I have to admit I love the eyebrow. I've missed it this year. I enjoy a lot more than just the eyebrow though. That's the good thing about people being different, we like and appreciate different things.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Drew
Kyrai
Mikegoldy
Dee

An "eyebrow actor"? Never heard of that. I'll have to google that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply