Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lost Season 5 Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 18 2009, 07:01 AM (4,250 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

I loved the actual episode. The ending freaking SUCKS. Poor Juliet. I had a weird feeling she would be the major character killed off. I was really loving her and Sawyer together.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

In Lost's defense I'm pretty sure Elizabeth Mitchell is in a new pilot for next season, so they had to write her out..And i'm glad it was Juliet that got to detonate the bomb..Incredible ending...And it was cool seeing Jacob interact with all the losties...I kind of hope he's not dead, as i really like the actor they cast..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

I think the inverted Lost title at the end of the show means something. Maybe the bomb did change the future. Did Juliet setting off the bomb change everything the way Jack said it would? Damn this show though, the ending drove me crazy. I started screaming "I have to wait until NEXT YEAR to find out what happened?"

I thought the finale was brilliant. So it's been Mr. X/The Smoke Monster all along manipulating the Losties and sending them in the wrong direction. He has used avatars of Christian Shepard and other deceased people to trick Locke into bringing back the escaped Losties and dying. It then used an Alex avatar to convince Ben to follow "Smoke Monster Locke" and do whatever he says to do. And then "Locke" got Ben to kill Jacob, who is "God".

And we know the statue is Sobek, who was involved in the Set/Osiris story. Maybe that is where we are headed?

So basically from Season 1 on, it's been the Smoke Monster pushing and manipulating everyone into where we are right now.

I don't think Juliet is dead either, the white light might have been a time jump. If the bomb went off then Hurley, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Sayid are right over top of it. They also made a big deal how Mitchell would be on both television shows.

This season made me love this show again. I stopped after season 1 but I got all caught back up and I can't wait for the ending.

Manny
Member Avatar

Mason was right. I liked the episode. I did not LOVE it like the season finales of past, but I liked it.

First of all, we met Jacob. FINALLY! He is real, he exists, he can die.. but he's basically like Richard. But who is now the other guy from the first scene?! And why was Jacob weaving that thing in the beginning? I am sure we will get the lesson in history of the island next season.

Shock of the episode was of course seeing Locke dead. It was a great moment. So now we know that Jacob's rival is taking over people's bodies. I will assume he was also Jack's Dad, for whatever reason. Who is he? It was really intriguing... when Ben said to Jacob: I asked to see you and nothing, but he asks to see you and he walks in here like MOSES... I had a feeling there was a pause there... And since both Jacob and Benjamin are names from the Bible, I thought they might go there... But really, as I recall, Moses and Jacob had nothing in common in the Bible, so no...

I was sure Sayid would die. And I wouldn't mind. But oh well...

I am probably the only one, but I have never liked Juliet. In fact, I despise the woman. And I am pleasantly surprised by her death. Her death seen had me rolling eyes and when she was the one to detonate the bomb, I rolled my eyes even more.. Juliet is the hero that saves them (if they are indeed saved?!) Freaking Juliet?! Whatever.. That moment had me so upset...

It was nice seeing Rose and Bernard...

The bomb exploded and who knows what now... But as I was watching... I actually think that this whole thing will somehow be undone. They might be back to present time or whatever... BUT this being Lost, I do think the series will end in some weird way. And IMO, that weird way is that all of them (all strangers to each other) will once again board the plane and once again end up on the island... because you can't change your destiny... I do think that final scene might be the plane crashing again or Jack opening his eyes on the island and the entire first scene of the show being the last scene of the show...

Anyways, I will anxiously be awaiting the final season, because I am sure that we are done with Dharma crap and we are going to find out what I want to know the most and that is about the history of the island... So bring on season 6!

Manny
Member Avatar

wiggleworm
May 14 2009, 03:59 PM
And we know the statue is Sobek, who was involved in the Set/Osiris story. Maybe that is where we are headed?
Sobek? When did we find that out? Or you just know that by seeing the statue? I don't remember it being said on the show... I mean, I don't even know who Sobek was, but I'm curious :D

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

They showed the side view of the statue and it has the head of a Crocodile.

Oh and it wasn't me that figured that out. Other sites figured it out as soon as the statue aired and posted his picture.
Edited by wiggleworm, May 14 2009, 04:18 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Yeah, I still didn't check the other sites.. but I am on my way there to see all the things I missed and to read all the theories :D

wiggleworm
Member Avatar

Manny
May 14 2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I still didn't check the other sites.. but I am on my way there to see all the things I missed and to read all the theories :D
That's what I've been doing most of the day, since I am off and it is raining again (I am so cursed).

Lot's of interesting information out there though, It's cute how they answer questions but leave it to us to figure it out. I'm really going to miss this show when it's over.

Manny
Member Avatar

It's almost midnight here and people and lostpedia have been really writing up theories.. So I will just go to bed and read all those theories tomorrow at work.. I'm sure I'll find the time.. :D

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Ok, so in a way I was able to have my "Ah, now I get it moment" all the while being confused and a bit pissed off.

I liked how they revealed to us that Locke was actually dead and the thing that killed Mr. Echo was manipulating people on the island.

I'm pissed because if Jacob is actually dead, then what would be the use of showing him interacting with all those people, just to kill him off?

Hmm who was that guy in the beginning with Jacob, the two of them sitting on the beach watching a ship approach the island? Could he be behind the black smoke?

I'm kinda confused about Rose and whathisname...so they've been having the time flashes too? And I still don't get what was with that cabin? Who actually lived there, the spirit or Jacob?

I also agree that I hate that Jin and Sun didn't get reunited.

Manny
Member Avatar

I don't care whatsoever if Jin and Sun reunited or not. It'll happen. So I don't care that it didn't happen now.

Of course Rose, Bernard AND Vincent were skipping through time. All the 815 survivors were skipping through time. No matter where they were on the island.

And now after watching this, I think Jacob never lived in that cabin. I am sure it was that other dude from the beginning of the episode. People online call him Esau, as in Jacob and Esau from the Bible. Anyways, I think it's true.. Esau was captured in that cabin somehow by Jacob and he couldn't leave. And when Locke and Ben visited the cabin for the first time and Locke heard that "Help me" sound, it came from Esau, who wanted to be set free.

Because, we saw that Ilana and Jacob are friends. He invited her to the island. But when they all came to the cabin, they were carrying guns and everything and I think they were looking for Esau, NOT Jacob. Since they had Locke's body and they saw Locke walk around, they had to have known that Esau must have taken over Locke's body, meaning he escaped the cabin.

That's how I got that part..
Edited by Manny, May 15 2009, 10:55 AM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Manny
May 15 2009, 10:54 AM
I don't care whatsoever if Jin and Sun reunited or not. It'll happen. So I don't care that it didn't happen now.
LoL, well obviously it'll happen, but after waiting all season for it to happen (presumably in the season finale) and then it didn't...I felt gipped. It was like a JER-style rip-off.

Manny
Member Avatar

I didn't expect it, because I kinda expected the actual Incident to be the season cliffhanger. And I was pretty sure we will see the bomb explode and that will be the end.. so I didn't expect them to reunite..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply