Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Ali Sweeney: "Real-Life Status"; Feb 3rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jan 21 2009, 10:59 AM (1,373 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD includes a short interview with Ali Sweeney about her new baby, Megan Hope.

- Sweeney tells SOD that she was "having déjà-vu" when she was in a hospital bed because she is so often in the hospital on Days.

- While Ali was in labor, she was talking to her husband Dave and her best friend Carrie "about work stuff", and Ali almost told them to be careful "because the boom is on". They thought it was so funny that Ali was comfortable in a hospital bed because of Days.

- Why the name Megan Hope? "Dave and I both loved the name Megan, and while the name Hope has such significant meaning at Days and in daytime, we chose the name to honor my mom and my grandmother."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...this is the most she's talked about Days in an story like this in months LOL.

I like that she mentioned the name "Hope" having so much importance with Days and daytime.

I'm glad she and her family are happy and healthy.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 21 2009, 10:59 AM
Please link to DR.

This week's SOD includes a short interview with Ali Sweeney about her new baby, Megan Hope.

- Sweeney tells SOD that she was "having déjà-vu" when she was in a hospital bed because she is so often in the hospital on Days.

- While Ali was in labor, she was talking to her husband Dave and her best friend Carrie "about work stuff", and Ali almost told them to be careful "because the boom is on". They thought it was so funny that Ali was comfortable in a hospital bed because of Days.
Sounds like AS needs a vacation from Days to me.

soapfan1

That's a lovely name for her little girl!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

That is a pretty name.

Dr. Chip

Interestingly, Ali has said she was a big Bo & Hope fan before she ever started on DAYS. Back then, there were two women in Bo's life, Megan and Hope. What would Freud say to Ali about this?

daysfan
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Jan 22 2009, 04:00 AM
Interestingly, Ali has said she was a big Bo & Hope fan before she ever started on DAYS. Back then, there were two women in Bo's life, Megan and Hope. What would Freud say to Ali about this?
Oh gosh! I didn't even think of that! That'd be so funny if the baby was named after Megan Hathaway and obviously Hope.

I am really happy for Ali and Megan Hope. :)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Dr. Chip
Jan 22 2009, 04:00 AM
Wow...forgot all about that. I do remember her saying that in interviews.

Here she is mentioning the name "Hope" and it's importance to Days and daytime. Maybe all that really did play a role in the name. Cool!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply