Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Sami 'delivers' for Nicole!; Feb 3rd issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Jan 21 2009, 11:29 AM (2,405 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Ponz
Jan 21 2009, 12:59 PM
I suspect Will's return (he starts airing next month) will play into it somehow. He's the same age as Mia.
Ooh, I forgot about Will returning. I'm actually happy about that. Let's hope they cast a decent actor in the role.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Beth
Member Avatar

This baby arrived in the world not breathing. I see medical problems in my crystal ball for this child. Nicole will get caught because of them. Sami will have strange feelings when she looks at the child; she will "know" in her heart that the child is hers. EJ will return to Sami with his family intact when he finds out about Nicole's lies and betrayal. Did I leave anything out?? This story is so predictable.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

If I am supposed to feel sorry for Nicole, the writer missed. I hate her. The sooner she is outed the better. This story has drug on like cold molasses.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I just saw the previews where Nicole daydreams about bashing a very pregnant Sami with a large statue of Mary ... it's disturbing! Daydreaming about using a statue of Mary to kill Sami who is carrying EJ baby is NUTS!

I suppose Nicole and Ejole fans will spin it by saying at least she was just daydreaming and didn't actually do it!
Edited by cjknick, Jan 21 2009, 02:31 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

cjknick
Jan 21 2009, 02:29 PM
I just saw the previews where Nicole daydreams about bashing a very pregnant Sami with a large statue of Mary ... it's disturbing! Daydreaming about using a statue of Mary to kill Sami who is carrying EJ baby is NUTS!

I suppose Nicole and Ejole fans will spin it by saying at least she was just daydreaming and didn't actually do it!
i actually think it would be fitting for sami to be bashed over the head with a religious icon, ever since the laughable inception of the 'sami is a good catholic' storyline. this whole storyline with her weepy prayers and BS stories about how nuns had a huge influence on her in her chlildhood is such a joke. it'd be nice to see her demise come about in such a way. too bad nicole never carries through on any of her daydreams.

anyway, i certainly won't try to spin nicole's daydream. i actually wish she would kill sami. then we could rid ourselves of rafe and lucas, who in my opinion are just being held over so sami can have three men to choose from.

Ellie

cjknick
Eeek, really? This is starting to remind me of Mimi...

soapfan1

I am so sick of this story.If Nicole really loved EJ,she would have told him about her miscarriage.She is just obsessed with him.I can't wait until she gets exposed and EJ turns against her.She won't know what hit her!She's gonna deserve everything she gets.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick

Do we really have to drag comments about fans into this? If anything, I notice a lot of Nicole fans very disgusted and disappointed in the turn of these things, although a lot of them predicted this. And I personally think this daydream is horrid. I am able to discern between Nicole the character and Ari the actor. And right now, I'm really getting tired of Nicole the character. But, I still wouldn't mind Sami off-camera. Just not dead.

I'm just sorry that my favorite characters are becoming less and less enjoyable. Even Ari's acting, as good as it is, isn't making this any better, ever since I read the whole spoiler about the Sami baby. It was nice while it lasted. However, I'm still going to see how it plays out, since spoilers don't tell the whole story. I'm going to try to make it a habit of not bashing spoilers and assuming.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Ellie
Jan 21 2009, 02:45 PM
cjknick
Eeek, really? This is starting to remind me of Mimi...
The worst thing Mimi did was have an image of a Demon Claire when Mimi was tormented about keeping the secret about Claire. I don't remember her ever thinking about killing someone with the Virgin Mary statue.
Oh, wait, you must be thinking about that time the statue came alive while she was praying. That was so Reilly.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jan 21 2009, 09:35 PM.

Shylock

This whole round of spoilers and the last few months of Days, ever since Ed Scott left, have been horrible. I remember Tom Casiello trying to play it all respectful and shit, saying that Dena's good but yadda yadda. That's bullshit. Dena Higley fucking sucks. Having execs that are boobs can be a detriment, but half the soaps out there manage to work their way around it enough so that they can make the show entertaining. Y&R, GH, and apparently B&B and OLTL. They all have dipshit execs in their way, yet from what I can tell they're able to make a decent show. Y&R especially.

This chick needs to be fired, as does that Gary Tomlin fellow. Someone kinda laughed it off when I said somewhere after he'd been hired that him and Dena need to be kicked, but fuckin' A. Look at the show now. It was getting so good in August with Stefano's return, Melanie was actually promising, you had some fresh couples there. I mean, Phil/Morgan was working and had promise. Nick/Chelsea/Melanie triangle had a ton of potential. And bringing Melanie in could have added an extra boost and some dissension to the Steph/Max coupling. John/Stefano looked to be good, and there was some shit they did with Baby Joe Johnson that looked like it might give Steve and Kayla a front burner story.

And now, months later, what of it? Nothing. No Stefano versus John, multiple bed switching, Nick the Psycho, Passions leftovers brought on board, etc.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

cjknick

^Someone didnt read the rules?!

As for the dream...yeah its bad..for Catholics who dont want Sami as a representative or their faith! I thought when she went inside that church she was going to burn!

This SL sucks for everyone involved and it didnt have to be that way because A) the writers sucky planning and B) AS convincing TIIC to write her pregnancy in!
Liz

Mason

cjknick

You would suppose wrong.

Alligato
Member Avatar

cjknick
I suppose the Sami and EJami fans will spin it by trying to trash Nicole to make Sami/EJami look better.
Here's the funny part...there is NOTHING Nicole can do to make Sami/EJami look better!

Seriously, good point, luv - Sami pulling "I am a practicing Catholic" (hey, maybe that explains her refusal to use birth control while sleeping with men) is fitting with her pretend demise...but I would totally prefer that Days stop using the Catholic angle in ANYTHING they do. It is all sacrelige and offensive...especially using the Blessed Mother. Shame on Days!

Just for the record, I hate this storyline. As a fan of Nicole, I am disappointed in the direction this story is going, and disgusted in how predictable it is. Even Ari can't save this garbage...like she has been doing. There isn't one redeemable thing about this whole story.

Kyrai

Liz<3Days
Jan 21 2009, 09:42 PM
As for the dream...yeah its bad..for Catholics who dont want Sami as a representative or their faith! I thought when she went inside that church she was going to burn!

This SL sucks for everyone involved and it didnt have to be that way because A) the writers sucky planning and B) AS convincing TIIC to write her pregnancy in!
Liz
LOL! If only she had caught fire, then it might have been a bit interesting.

None of the stories have to be this sucky. It's beyond incredibly bad writing.

All I can think of is how different things might have been if Nicole had been allowed to have this miracle child and kept her self-esteem. I'd have liked to have seen her raise the baby on her own, maybe with some friendly help from John and/or Brady, without Vic's or Ej's money. She could have allowed Ej in her life as the babies father but refused to be a second choice, then we could have seen her struggle with being pregnant, trying to make rent honestly, making a better life for herself and her baby. It could have been nice to see them actually growing together, or see Brady helping her and them growing together. Still a triangle that the writer's love so much, but a nice triangle with all three being decent. But it takes talent to write a story about the plain old 'Days of our Lives' and make it interesting. We need miscarriages and baby swaps.

I love Nicole snarky and evil, but there is literally no young woman to root for in this show, and Ari is the only young person I've enjoyed watching up till now. Chloe's a tramp, Sami's a two year old, Melanie's obnoxious, Stephanie is suffocating, who else is there? I'm actually starting to like the idea of Lucas and Ej getting together. (I kid).

I also think this story would have been better had Nicole fessed up to Ej and they consoled each other over the loss. Suppose they tried to help out Mia, whom Nicole had befriended at the clinic, and (Ok, while I would hate it), Mia died giving birth, Nicole and Ej agree to take care of her baby on her deathbed, and the babies got swapped by accident. Ej and Nicole get attached, later something makes Sami realizes she has the wrong baby. Imagine the angst of all three if they realize the truth. Ej would be hurt that Sami betrayed him, but the child is his and Sami's. Nicole loved the baby as her own, and in love with Ej. Sami upset. Ick! I squicked myself. I can hear Sami yelling now. Never mind.

Edited by Kyrai, Jan 21 2009, 10:48 PM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

How original. I can't wait to see what Nicole will do when Mia comes a knocking and wants her baby back... because you all know that's gonna happen lol.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jan 21 2009, 10:44 PM
How original. I can't wait to see what Nicole will do when Mia comes a knocking and wants her baby back... because you all know that's gonna happen lol.
Maybe she'll kill her and bury her under the pool in the backyard a la Desperate Housewives? LoL

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Actually...I think this story could still come out alright.

It really depends on how they play EJ, imho, because his backstory gives them a different spin. As you all noted, this thing so far isn't very creative or new, and it's not good enough to be an enjoyable rehash. But, he was kind of created solely because some woman needed a kid to trick a man she wanted. His reaction to this could really flesh out his character, explore his feelings about Susan, his origins, his relationship with the Dimeras, and make it somewhat different. It also could be interesting with him and Nicole- she's Kristen, but she got him his kid back.

It also kind of turns on what they do with Sami. If they pull some Sami-as-victim/heroine bullshit with her desperately searching for the real mother of the kid she winds up with as she bonds with Rafe I may vomit, because Sweeney can't pull that off. If they somehow pin this on Sami and screw with her for awhile it could be fun, provided they use it to turn her back into the super-bitch I really miss and, again, avoid this victim-heroine crap.

They won't do shit with it, I'm sure, but the potential is at least there.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I, too, am disturbed by the Nicole fantasy on Friday. I really don't get what they are trying to do with that but whatever.

I still think this story is all in the payoff, much like the Chloe/Daniel story. It started off good and took a bit of a dive the past few weeks but I think it will improve for awhile now, up until the reveal. That is what I'm worried about. With Dena, I fear she will that all the air out of it and move on. That is why I hope she is gone by then.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Kyrai
Jan 21 2009, 10:33 PM
Liz<3Days
Jan 21 2009, 09:42 PM

Liz
LOL! If only she had caught fire, then it might have been a bit interesting.

None of the stories have to be this sucky. It's beyond incredibly bad writing.

All I can think of is how different things might have been if Nicole had been allowed to have this miracle child and kept her self-esteem. I'd have liked to have seen her raise the baby on her own, maybe with some friendly help from John and/or Brady, without Vic's or Ej's money. She could have allowed Ej in her life as the babies father but refused to be a second choice, then we could have seen her struggle with being pregnant, trying to make rent honestly, making a better life for herself and her baby. It could have been nice to see them actually growing together, or see Brady helping her and them growing together. Still a triangle that the writer's love so much, but a nice triangle with all three being decent. But it takes talent to write a story about the plain old 'Days of our Lives' and make it interesting. We need miscarriages and baby swaps.

I love Nicole snarky and evil, but there is literally no young woman to root for in this show, and Ari is the only young person I've enjoyed watching up till now. Chloe's a tramp, Sami's a two year old, Melanie's obnoxious, Stephanie is suffocating, who else is there? I'm actually starting to like the idea of Lucas and Ej getting together. (I kid).

I also think this story would have been better had Nicole fessed up to Ej and they consoled each other over the loss. Suppose they tried to help out Mia, whom Nicole had befriended at the clinic, and (Ok, while I would hate it), Mia died giving birth, Nicole and Ej agree to take care of her baby on her deathbed, and the babies got swapped by accident. Ej and Nicole get attached, later something makes Sami realizes she has the wrong baby. Imagine the angst of all three if they realize the truth. Ej would be hurt that Sami betrayed him, but the child is his and Sami's. Nicole loved the baby as her own, and in love with Ej. Sami upset. Ick! I squicked myself. I can hear Sami yelling now. Never mind.

Ooooooh, if only, if only in our dreams!
I would have loved for your scenario to come true, Sami screaming or no. I can always hit the mute button. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply