Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Taylor Spreitler (Mia) now on contract...
Topic Started: Jan 22 2009, 11:41 PM (3,061 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Taylor Spreitler (Mia) has been placed on contract per the print edition of TV Guide. The "Days" on-air credits have yet to reflect the change however. She will be listed after John Callahan (Dr. Baker) once the change is reflected in the credits in the next few weeks. Spreitler signed the standard three-year contract for newcomers, keeping her contracted with the show through January 2012. However, "Days" can release her after every 13-week cycle. Spreitler, 15, is the youngest cast addition to "Days" (excluding the twins who played Claire Brady) since Ashley Benson (Abigail Deveraux) joined the show as a 14-year-old in 2004. Overall, she is the 11th youngest actor to ever get signed by "Days." Spreitler was born on October 23, 1993 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. She began her career as a print model and later acted in many commercials. Her TV acting debut came in a 2005 episode of "Law & Order: SVU." Here is a complete list of the younger actors (under 18) signed by "Days" since 1983:

Actor (Character)....................................Born.....On Contract........Age On Contract
Ava & Olivia White (Claire Brady)................6/05.........11/06................1 year, 5 months
Paige & Ryanne Kettner (Abigail Deveraux).1/91...........1/96................5 years
Dick Billingsley (Scotty Banning)...............1/75..........10/81................6 years, 9 months
Megan Corletto (Abigail Deveraux)..............9/93...........1/01................7 years, 4 months
Erik von Detten (Nicholas Alamain)............10/82..........7/92................9 years, 9 months
Collin O'Donnell (Shawn Douglas Brady).....9/84...........9/95................11 years
Christie Clark (Carrie Brady)......................12/73.........4/87................13 years, 4 months
Lisa Trusel (Melissa Anderson).................10/68..........5/83................14 years, 7 months
Ashley Benson (Abigail Deveraux).............12/89.........11/04..............14 years, 11 months
Aimee Brooks (Sarah Horton)...................11/74..........1/90................15 years, 2 months
Taylor Spreitler (Mia)...............................10/93...........2/09...............15 years, 3 months
Kirsten Storms (Belle Black).....................4/84...........8/99................15 years, 4 months
Farah Fath (Mimi Lockhart).......................5/84...........4/00...............15 years, 11 months
Michael Bays (Julio Ramirez)....................7/72..........10/88...............16 years, 3 months
Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady)...................9/76............1/93...............16 years, 4 months
Miriam Parrish (Jamie Caldwell)................5/77...........11/93...............16 years, 6 months
Brandon Tyler (Philip Kiriakis)...................8/82..........10/99................17 years, 2 months
Katherine Ellis (Taylor Raines)..................5/81............8/98................17 years, 3 months
Kristi McDaniel (Sarah)............................2/78............9/95................17 years, 7 months
Heather Lauren Olson (Jan Spears)...........11/82..........8/00................17 years, 9 months

http://www.jason47.com
Edited by Jason47, Jan 22 2009, 11:41 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

She's only 15?! Crazy!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

YES!!

Good call, Days. As soon as I add her to my blog, she gets a contract LOL. She is a talented girl, especially at her age. She looks young but not that young. She does have a Abby feel to her but I'm glad she isn't connected to anyone.

Now I'm really looking forward to whoever they casted as Will. She would be perfect for him and I can really see Will playing a role in both the baby story and Lucas/Chloe/Daniel story.

jcar03
Member Avatar

I have really enjoyed her thus far so I'm happy about this. I too was surprised she is only 15. She looks young but I just didn't think that young.

King
Member Avatar

She's good, but newbies scare me.

I'd feel better about this if Dr. Baker or Daniel or Rafe were fired.
Edited by King, Jan 23 2009, 12:00 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

who is Mia?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Jan 22 2009, 11:59 PM
She's good, but newbies scare me.

I'd feel better about this if Dr. Baker or Daniel or Rafe were fired.
There is no way Dr. Baker is staying so no worries there. He is only on contract because of his role in the Nicole story.

As for Daniel, I still think and hope he will be gone but, even if he isn't, I think the show will be ok. They aren't really shoving Mia down our throats and the character and actress are likable.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Jan 22 2009, 11:44 PM
YES!!

Good call, Days. As soon as I add her to my blog, she gets a contract LOL. She is a talented girl, especially at her age. She looks young but not that young. She does have a Abby feel to her but I'm glad she isn't connected to anyone.

Now I'm really looking forward to whoever they casted as Will. She would be perfect for him and I can really see Will playing a role in both the baby story and Lucas/Chloe/Daniel story.
Out of curiosity, what role would you see Will playing in the baby story?

The young lady is talented. I do think she looks her age of 15, but as long as they keep her a teenager with appropriate teen storylines (well, as appropriate as one can get considering she's already having a baby) instead of doing what they've done with Molly Burnett, I have no problems with her sticking around. I've enjoyed her scenes.
Edited by Paxton, Jan 23 2009, 12:02 AM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I like her! They probably put her on contract so she can finish up the Nicole SL and have her leave with her baby.
Liz

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Jan 23 2009, 12:01 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 22 2009, 11:44 PM
YES!!

Out of curiosity, what role would you see Will playing in the baby story?

The young lady is talented. I do think she looks her age of 15, but as long as they keep her a teenager with appropriate teen storylines (well, as appropriate as one can get considering she's already having a baby) instead of doing what they've done with Molly Burnett, I have no problems with her sticking around. I've enjoyed her scenes.
Well, it depends. There are a few avenues they could explore.

I'm assuming Will may return angry at Lucas and/or Sami. Perhaps he comes across Chloe's affair and Nicole's baby scam and chooses not to say anything because he is pissed. He could find out about Nicole by way of meeting Mia and they could bond over Mia's issues. Even if Will is not out to pay back his parents, he may like Mia and choose not to say anything for that reason or he may choose to help Mia and come across the fact that Nicole switched the babies should Mia not know that fact.

I just see Will being woven into both stories in some form and I'm hoping they make him a troublemaker. He needs to have a edge. Ideally, I would love it if he had that edge but also showed vulnerability and they could show that through him interacting with Mia.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

That girl can't act! *shudder* Not surprised she has a contract LOL

jcar03
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jan 23 2009, 12:05 AM
I like her! They probably put her on contract so she can finish up the Nicole SL and have her leave with her baby.
Liz

I think she will be around longer then that, or at least that is their intention.

John Callahan probably only signed a 3 month deal to keep him on for storyline reasons. We haven't seen him interact with anyone else expect Nicole, Mia and Brady.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
Jan 23 2009, 12:09 AM
I'm assuming Will may return angry at Lucas and/or Sami. Perhaps he comes across Chloe's affair and Nicole's baby scam and chooses not to say anything because he is pissed. He could find out about Nicole by way of meeting Mia and they could bond over Mia's issues. Even if Will is not out to pay back his parents, he may like Mia and choose not to say anything for that reason or he may choose to help Mia and come across the fact that Nicole switched the babies should Mia not know that fact.

I just see Will being woven into both stories in some form and I'm hoping they make him a troublemaker. He needs to have a edge. Ideally, I would love it if he had that edge but also showed vulnerability and they could show that through him interacting with Mia.
I can see Will learning about the switch and wanting to conceal it. He doesn't like EJ and the last I recall, he was still supportive of his father. I know it's been speculated before that Will might have been the real shooter, but I kind of doubt that will actually turn out to be the case at this late date. But it wouldn't surprise me to have Will prefer to keep the truth hidden. Similarly to how Sami was with Belle, he won't like the paternity of his half-sister.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jcar03
Jan 23 2009, 12:11 AM
Liz<3Days
Jan 23 2009, 12:05 AM
Liz

I think she will be around longer then that, or at least that is their intention.

John Callahan probably only signed a 3 month deal to keep him on for storyline reasons. We haven't seen him interact with anyone else expect Nicole, Mia and Brady.
Exactly.

She's gotten favorable response and I think they took a wait and see approach. I think the plan is to keep her around for awhile.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Jan 23 2009, 12:14 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 23 2009, 12:09 AM

I can see Will learning about the switch and wanting to conceal it. He doesn't like EJ and the last I recall, he was still supportive of his father. I know it's been speculated before that Will might have been the real shooter, but I kind of doubt that will actually turn out to be the case at this late date. But it wouldn't surprise me to have Will prefer to keep the truth hidden. Similarly to how Sami was with Belle, he won't like the paternity of his half-sister.
Exactly.

As for Will shooting EJ, I think that was the plan. I really do but something changed. They decided to take Bryan off for a few months instead so they wrote him out by making him the killer. I'm convinced Will was the shooter. The signs were there, especially finding what Bo and Roman found in that building nearby. They found snacks a teen would eat and beer. They also made mention of how whoever was there seemed to be taking target practice and seemed to be a amateur. It fit perfectly.

DoolDiva
Member Avatar

I'm relieved that they are keeping Mia and Doc Baker (always reminds me of Little house ) I can only assume that it means this storyline isn't going to drag on forever. I can't imagine they would have a different use for them but then again, I should know better. Been watching for longer then I care to remember and much stranger things have happened.

jane1978

Jiggs
Jan 23 2009, 12:11 AM
That girl can't act! *shudder* Not surprised she has a contract LOL
Says fan of Deidre Hall. Funny.

King
Member Avatar

Drew, she is the girl Nicole is trying to work over to get her baby. She's a pregnant teen.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

She will only be around for the storyline..Just like Dr. Baker..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I still think she will be around for more then that.

If they are still bringing Will on, I'm thinking they will want someone for him and she fits that age range perfectly.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 23 2009, 03:04 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply