Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Taylor Spreitler (Mia) now on contract...
Topic Started: Jan 22 2009, 11:41 PM (3,010 Views)
Shylock

I think it's funny when people say certain actors can't act. I mean, how would YOU know? Just because you don't like the character, doesn't mean the actor or actress behind it can't act.

Take Melanie for instance. Sure, her character sucked, but the girl can act. She just doesn't have the kind of material on this P.O.S. show that she can show it off in. Neither does anyone else on here, for that matter. And no one on this show has really had any good performances, save for maybe Blake Berris, since Ed Scott left. Dena & Gary are just really horrible in general, compounded by the fact that Corday is a hack.

How people expect others to be acting geniuses on this show or even mildly capable, when the writing is anything but.. it just astounds me, is all.
Edited by Shylock, Jan 23 2009, 04:05 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I like her! I figured she was more like 17-18 years old.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Shylock
Jan 23 2009, 04:04 AM
I think it's funny when people say certain actors can't act. I mean, how would YOU know? Just because you don't like the character, doesn't mean the actor or actress behind it can't act.

Take Melanie for instance. Sure, her character sucked, but the girl can act. She just doesn't have the kind of material on this P.O.S. show that she can show it off in. Neither does anyone else on here, for that matter. And no one on this show has really had any good performances, save for maybe Blake Berris, since Ed Scott left. Dena & Gary are just really horrible in general, compounded by the fact that Corday is a hack.

How people expect others to be acting geniuses on this show or even mildly capable, when the writing is anything but.. it just astounds me, is all.
she's only 15 and she's already better than Nadia!

jane1978

Kevc1980
Jan 23 2009, 02:36 AM
She will only be around for the storyline..Just like Dr. Baker..
If they put her on contract now, when her/Sami´s delivery scenes are already taped, that means they have some plans for her beyond that. She already provided the baby and from the first scene Mia assured Nicol how much she loves dancing and plans to leave for Japan immediatelly after birth.

I still think the actress is someone who they really liked during Melanie casting, but she wasn´t the right "bitch" type so they gave her a chance now.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jane1978
Jan 23 2009, 02:06 AM
Jiggs
Jan 23 2009, 12:11 AM
That girl can't act! *shudder* Not surprised she has a contract LOL
Says fan of Deidre Hall. Funny.
Jane...............I think I love you!!! :hail:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Shylock

Bingo, Shylock. :applause: Besides, the child is FIFTEEN. Criticizing a child who is pretty well just beginning the business? That's harsh.

That being said.........

I enjoy her. She's got a nice mellow understated way about her that's refreshing from Melanie's in your face high pitch. And, she's as cute as a button.

I like Tim's scenarios of the future. But, Tim, don't you think you ought to post the OPPOSITE of what you really want? That'll guarantee what you DO want will happen! :D

So, I'm sure we'll also find out she's Nicole's daughter. (See, Tim, this is how you play the opposite game!)
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jan 23 2009, 06:31 AM.

peaches179

Good for her! I like her. Keep her and get rid of Chloe and Stephanie.

Pretty In Pink

jane1978
Jiggs
LMAO! :hail:

Pretty In Pink

cjknick
Jan 23 2009, 04:25 AM
Shylock

I think she is a lot better than Nadia too. Nadia is an awful actress.

Kenny
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jiggs
Oh, come on. Really? You weren't even provoked and yet you still felt the need to post something like that to another member? Completely unnecessary.

Comments like these serve only one purpose: to purposely piss someone else off. Then that person responds with a snarky retort, and before you know it the entire thread is turned into one giant war of bickering and poster bashing, and then guess who's forced to sort through it for an hour to delete the pages and pages of B.S. posts? Me. I'm sick of it and I'm not dealing with it anymore. This forum allows so much more freedom than 99% of other soap forums on the web, yet people still feel compelled to break the few rules we do have.

Once again, since everyone seems to be so keen on ignoring the rules lately...

"Respect other members and the content of their posts."

"Do not bait other posters with the sole intent to cause trouble."

This applies to everyone. We're all adults. Please, let's act like it.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 23 2009, 03:04 AM
^I still think she will be around for more then that.

If they are still bringing Will on, I'm thinking they will want someone for him and she fits that age range perfectly.
I like the actress too. I'm sure she'll stay because of Will's return. I'd rather have Will hang with Mia than with bitchy Melanie. I wouldn't wish Melanie on anyone.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

cjknick
Jan 23 2009, 04:25 AM
Shylock

AMEN! :hail:

Sariah
Member Avatar

Oh geez.

Well, anyone want to take bets on how long it'll take before they pair her up with Philip? His dates keep getting progressively younger and younger.

brimike

PhoenixRising05
Jan 23 2009, 12:17 AM

As for Will shooting EJ, I think that was the plan. I really do but something changed.
Yup. Something changed all right. The entire writing team. :P

FanODays

PhoenixRising05
Jan 22 2009, 11:44 PM
YES!!

Good call, Days. As soon as I add her to my blog, she gets a contract LOL. She is a talented girl, especially at her age. She looks young but not that young. She does have a Abby feel to her but I'm glad she isn't connected to anyone.

Now I'm really looking forward to whoever they casted as Will. She would be perfect for him and I can really see Will playing a role in both the baby story and Lucas/Chloe/Daniel story.
My first thought was to pair her with Max. She's the only one near his age that he isn't related to.

Ponz
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jan 23 2009, 09:39 AM
PhoenixRising05
YES!!

Good call, Days. As soon as I add her to my blog, she gets a contract LOL. She is a talented girl, especially at her age. She looks young but not that young. She does have a Abby feel to her but I'm glad she isn't connected to anyone.

Now I'm really looking forward to whoever they casted as Will. She would be perfect for him and I can really see Will playing a role in both the baby story and Lucas/Chloe/Daniel story.
My first thought was to pair her with Max. She's the only one near his age that he isn't related to.
That's a pretty loose definition of "near". She's 10 years his junior.

FanODays

Ponz
Jan 23 2009, 09:48 AM
FanODays
Jan 23 2009, 09:39 AM
PhoenixRising05
YES!!

That's a pretty loose definition of "near". She's 10 years his junior.
Hmmm, robbing the cradle or dating your nieces.......that is a dilemna.

I've haven't been watching on a regular basis, can anyone tell me if we know anything about the father of Mia's baby, could it be Will?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 23 2009, 08:11 AM
jane1978
Jiggs
Oh, come on. Really? You weren't even provoked and yet you still felt the need to post something like that to another member? Completely unnecessary.

Comments like these serve only one purpose: to purposely piss someone else off. Then that person responds with a snarky retort, and before you know it the entire thread is turned into one giant war of bickering and poster bashing, and then guess who's forced to sort through it for an hour to delete the pages and pages of B.S. posts? Me. I'm sick of it and I'm not dealing with it anymore. This forum allows so much more freedom than 99% of other soap forums on the web, yet people still feel compelled to break the few rules we do have.

Once again, since everyone seems to be so keen on ignoring the rules lately...

"Respect other members and the content of their posts."

"Do not bait other posters with the sole intent to cause trouble."

This applies to everyone. We're all adults. Please, let's act like it.
But it is okey for you to mock and make fun of PhoenixRising05 because of his opinions? Shouldn't you as an admin follow the rules too, to make a good example? Maybe PR05 is doing the same to you and you're both enjoying it, I don't know that's why I ask.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

FanODays
Jan 23 2009, 10:11 AM
Hmmm, robbing the cradle or dating your nieces.......that is a dilemna.

I've haven't been watching on a regular basis, can anyone tell me if we know anything about the father of Mia's baby, could it be Will?
First, yes, that's quite a dilemma, isn't it.

Secondly, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we know who the father of Mia's child is. The only clue we have is that she saw a picture of EJ and said the baby's father looked like him. Maybe EJ has a teenage son out there who inherited his father's super-potent sperm.

Ives
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jan 23 2009, 10:32 AM
First, yes, that's quite a dilemma, isn't it.

Secondly, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we know who the father of Mia's child is. The only clue we have is that she saw a picture of EJ and said the baby's father looked like him. Maybe EJ has a teenage son out there who inherited his father's super-potent sperm.
:lol: :lol:
And you know it was the first time he ever had sex. Heck, maybe he just *thought* about having sex with her.
Edited by Ives, Jan 23 2009, 10:43 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply