Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Taylor Spreitler (Mia) now on contract...
Topic Started: Jan 22 2009, 11:41 PM (2,957 Views)
Kyrai

I like the character of Mia.

I just have trouble thinking these writers can write a story that doesn't revolve around sleazy sex, so them hiring a fifteen year old is rather disturbing.
Edited by Kyrai, Jan 23 2009, 11:05 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jan 23 2009, 10:31 AM
But it is okey for you to mock and make fun of PhoenixRising05 because of his opinions? Shouldn't you as an admin follow the rules too, to make a good example? Maybe PR05 is doing the same to you and you're both enjoying it, I don't know that's why I ask.
Sindacco, if you have an issue with the way I moderate, please feel free to send me a private message and express your feedback. My post was not an invitation for you to play "gotcha!" in this thread and accuse me of being a hypocrite. Understand?

FACT: I've never purposely baited Phoenix into an argument.

Yes, there are times when I question his point of view or ask him to explain why he likes this or dislikes that. He does the same with me. I get frustrated with him and he gets frustrated with me. We have passionate discussions with each other -- yes, sometimes they get heated -- but we've never crossed the line to blatantly bash each other or bait each other into an argument. We've also talked privately via PM on numerous occasions just to ensure that we're both okay with the tone of our discussions.

My conversations with Phoenix are between myself and Phoenix. We've posted together for a long time. We're comfortable with each other. Don't mistake friendly jabs as anything other than just that -- friendly jabs. If he ever feels offended with something I say, he will let me know. He doesn't need you as his personal moderator. The fact is, you're NOT a moderator here, and if you don't like the way we do things around here, you're free to log out and never log back in.

FACT: I never claimed to be perfect.

I can recall at least three times in the past when I've lost my temper and posted something completely rude that I shouldn't have. However, am I supposed to just let people bash each other page after page after page simply because I've made the same mistake in the past? Would that make you happy?

The wars between Deidre fans and non-Deidre fans have been completely out of control lately. It happens every day in every thread and it gets quite tiring having to scan page after page just to delete posts that are full of bashing and baiting. You're not the one who has to do it. I do. Rhiannon does. Rick does. King does. It's everyone on staff who has to deal with it -- not you. We've been trying our best to get it under control lately, and it's very frustrating when we see people just habitually ignoring the rules and acting as if our requests to tone it down don't even exist. It's completely disrespectful to everyone on staff.

I'm sorry if my warning wasn't nice. I'm sorry if my warning made it sound as if I'm better than anyone else. However, I've tried the "nice" route and the "nice" warnings and guess what? They don't work. The "nice" warnings go ignored. So as I see it, the only other alternative is to stop pussyfooting around and be stern for once in hopes that the message will finally sink in and the constant wars/bashing/baiting will stop.

Finally, you seem to have overlooked the last part of my post in which I said the following: "We're all adults. Please, let's act like it." I am part of "we." I didn't conveniently leave myself out of the equation.

That's the end of this discussion. If you have any other issues, PM me.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 23 2009, 12:01 AM
There is no way Dr. Baker is staying so no worries there. He is only on contract because of his role in the Nicole story.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Mia? I think she's just here for the Nicole storyline, and once her role ends, and perhaps she gets her baby back, she'll be gone.

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 23 2009, 11:24 AM
PhoenixRising05
There is no way Dr. Baker is staying so no worries there. He is only on contract because of his role in the Nicole story.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Mia? I think she's just here for the Nicole storyline, and once her role ends, and perhaps she gets her baby back, she'll be gone.
I see that too, I dont know where else she would fit in any other story lines.

Mason

Mia's just as much a part of a plot point as Dr. Baker. I could easily see her being gone once the story wraps up. We all know how ironclad contracts are on this show, anyway, even 3 year ones.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jan 23 2009, 11:24 AM
PhoenixRising05

I think it all depends on Will.

I'm assuming he's still coming onboard. He will need someone his age to interact with. There is Melanie but they seem content keeping her in the Philip/Stephanie/Max/Chelsea orbit so, with this news involving Mia and the actress being around the age of what they claim to be making Will (I have no idea how old they are playing Mia on the show right now but I digress), I just think it all seems to point to them keeping her around.

I don't think it's a guarantee she will stay. It's just a feeling I have (which could be wrong, who knows LOL) and it seems to make sense, especially since the actress has had a good reception from many fans so far.

And, just for the record since somehow I got dragged into the drama this morning (how the hell did that happen LOL), I know I'm always in the minority. I'm used to it and I'm used to being asked to explain my views and opinions. Sometimes things get heated and, if things get a little uncomfortable or I feel I did something wrong or something, I will PM the person or people I'm discussing with to make sure everything is ok. It's easy to take things out of context on a message board or to post before thinking or to lose your temper. Most times I will PM someone even if things aren't that heated to make sure no offense was taken. It's just the way I am. Most of the people on here I've been posting with for so long that I'm comfortable with them. Kenny is one of those people. I know many here well enough to know no offense is intended, just like I think and hope they know that as well. We all are passionate. That is why we are on a board like this and sometimes that passions leads to us getting out of hand LOL. It happens.

I love it here and really enjoy the discussion and have come to enjoy so many posters on here. I think the staff does a great job and have done an especially good job recently with all the issues. I give all of them a whole lot of credit. I just wanted to say all this in light of being brought into this :laugh: .

cjknick
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jan 23 2009, 10:32 AM
FanODays
Jan 23 2009, 10:11 AM
Hmmm, robbing the cradle or dating your nieces.......that is a dilemna.

I've haven't been watching on a regular basis, can anyone tell me if we know anything about the father of Mia's baby, could it be Will?
First, yes, that's quite a dilemma, isn't it.

Secondly, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we know who the father of Mia's child is. The only clue we have is that she saw a picture of EJ and said the baby's father looked like him. Maybe EJ has a teenage son out there who inherited his father's super-potent sperm.
I had the same thought - Give EJ a teenage son!

This is what I thought would be a great generational change over ....

EJ has a son from a relationship he had while he was a teen - either Stefano found out and took the baby boy and raised him secretly or the mother of the child and her family hid this child from the DiMera's. Let's say that the boy finds out who his father is comes looking for him and ends up in Salem - he befriends Mia and gets Mia pregnant and Mia knows the DiMera name because she's heard the boyfriend mention it....

They we have Will re-surfacing and somehow Mia stays in the DiMera orbit - Will and Mia become friends - enter the baby's real father - EJ's son and here we have a teen triangle!

I forgot Make Melanie Nicole daughter and let her create teenage havoc!
Edited by cjknick, Jan 23 2009, 12:11 PM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

cjknick
Jan 23 2009, 04:25 AM
Shylock
Jan 23 2009, 04:04 AM
I think it's funny when people say certain actors can't act. I mean, how would YOU know? Just because you don't like the character, doesn't mean the actor or actress behind it can't act.

Take Melanie for instance. Sure, her character sucked, but the girl can act. She just doesn't have the kind of material on this P.O.S. show that she can show it off in. Neither does anyone else on here, for that matter. And no one on this show has really had any good performances, save for maybe Blake Berris, since Ed Scott left. Dena & Gary are just really horrible in general, compounded by the fact that Corday is a hack.

How people expect others to be acting geniuses on this show or even mildly capable, when the writing is anything but.. it just astounds me, is all.
she's only 15 and she's already better than Nadia!
I'm gonna have to go with you on that one! Never dreamt she was only fifteen.

I already like her more than I liked Belle when she was rapidly aged foisted on us.

Beth
Member Avatar

You know they won't pair her with Max. She's not his niece. :puke:

Chelikins
Member Avatar

At Dayscafe they mention there are rumors about Mia possibly being unknowingly related to someone in Salem.

What if she is EJ's daughter (apparently he knows how to make them, he made Nicole and Sami both pregnant with little girls)? And if Will comes back you would have EJ's daughter dating Sami's son... Lucas would go ballistic!

Chelikins
Edited by Chelikins, Jan 23 2009, 04:15 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Chelikins
Jan 23 2009, 04:15 PM
At Dayscafe they mention there are rumors about Mia possibly being unknowingly related to someone in Salem.

What if she is EJ's daughter (apparently he knows how to make them, he made Nicole and Sami both pregnant with little girls)? And if Will comes back you would have EJ's daughter dating Sami's son... Lucas would go ballistic!

Chelikins
Now that would be a first, since technically, if we really do this chronologically correct, EJ would be only 10 or so. This would be the first time the child is older than the parent! :D

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I'd hate it for Mia to be EJ's daughter. I'm sick to death of these long lost children storylines.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The rumors at Days Cafe at not reliable at all.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Angie79
Jan 23 2009, 06:22 PM
The rumors at Days Cafe at not reliable at all.
No, they're not. INDEED!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I like the actress, but I just hope that she's not related to anyone, takes her baby and leaves. I wouldnt mind her as just used to further the Nicole SL.
Just because she can act doesnt mean that Days keeps them? In fact, most of the times, they keep the ones that cant!
Liz

jjmama
Member Avatar

How old is Will supposed to be now? Maybe he is the father of Mia's baby!!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jjmama
Jan 23 2009, 08:40 PM
Please, no more magic sperm!!!!

Posted Image

Bo has had the magic sperm a couple of times and EJ has too. Will's been gone for months. His sperm isn't going to cross multiple time zones, mountains, and an ocean!! :D

jjmama
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 23 2009, 09:05 PM
jjmama
Jan 23 2009, 08:40 PM
Please, no more magic sperm!!!!

Posted Image

Bo has had the magic sperm a couple of times and EJ has too. Will's been gone for months. His sperm isn't going to cross multiple time zones, mountains, and an ocean!! :D
Yes but we know nothing about Mia and where she has been.

Chelikins
Member Avatar

I didn't know that about Dayscafe.. thank you for telling me.

What if she belongs to Nicole, instead of the idea that Melanie was hers.

Yes I know they AGED EJ to the extreme a bit didn't they... but he so fine to look at.. and listen to. He could read me a bedtime story anytime!

DoolDiva
Member Avatar

Well, I'm going to say that I'm still glad that Baker and Mia are still on the canvas. No good deed goes undone and if specs are right and Nicole does end up with Sami's baby and Mia's goes to an orpanage. Well then let's say I think that NIcole is pond scum and only looking out for herself and her big love for EJ. Whatever, she makes me sick.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply