Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Goodbye John & Marlena; sony feature with pics
Topic Started: Jan 23 2009, 06:10 PM (1,480 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Goodbye, John and Marlena

Ever since John came back from the "dead," he hasn't quite been the same; he returned without his memories, just a shell of his former self. Marlena tried to stand by his side, but he certainly didn't make it easy. He kept on pushing her away (he even had an affair with Ava, Steve's ex), and didn't seem to have any interest in trying to recover his memories. But there was a part of him that still seemed to want a connection with his former life.

Eventually, John agreed to therapy with Marlena's mentor; unfortunately, he got the mentor's daughter, Charlotte, instead. The mentor had passed away. And it appeared that Charlotte wanted John for herself. She even hid the fact that, under hypnosis, he did remember details about Marlena. And when the truth came out about her, well, she went on the attack. She tried to plunge a syringe full of toxin into Marlena's neck, but John got in the way. He got the injection and it looked like it might kill him. Marlena stayed by his side, telling him all about the life they'd shared and finally (finally) he regained consciousness. And he remembered everything. Marlena got back the John that she loves so much almost. Unfortunately, he remained paralyzed and the best treatment option was in Belgium. So John and Marlena left on their latest adventure.

Click through our photo gallery for a short look at John and Marlena's long history.

Photo gallery
http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/specials/gallery_3617.html

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/specials/specials_detail_3617.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Olli9
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 23 2009, 06:10 PM
Goodbye, John and Marlena

Ever since John came back from the "dead," he hasn't quite been the same; he returned without his memories, just a shell of his former self. Marlena tried to stand by his side, but he certainly didn't make it easy. He kept on pushing her away (he even had an affair with Ava, Steve's ex), and didn't seem to have any interest in trying to recover his memories. But there was a part of him that still seemed to want a connection with his former life.

Eventually, John agreed to therapy with Marlena's mentor; unfortunately, he got the mentor's daughter, Charlotte, instead. The mentor had passed away. And it appeared that Charlotte wanted John for herself. She even hid the fact that, under hypnosis, he did remember details about Marlena. And when the truth came out about her, well, she went on the attack. She tried to plunge a syringe full of toxin into Marlena's neck, but John got in the way. He got the injection and it looked like it might kill him. Marlena stayed by his side, telling him all about the life they'd shared and finally (finally) he regained consciousness. And he remembered everything. Marlena got back the John that she loves so much almost. Unfortunately, he remained paralyzed and the best treatment option was in Belgium. So John and Marlena left on their latest adventure.

Click through our photo gallery for a short look at John and Marlena's long history.

Photo gallery
http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/specials/gallery_3617.html

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/daysofourlives/specials/specials_detail_3617.html
Now it's Belgium again. I thought they will go to Switzerland.

The writers are so stupid. :shame:
Edited by Olli9, Jan 23 2009, 06:21 PM.

jules

No kidding. They can't even get their story right on the official website. What a pathetic show. And Bye, bye Days.
Thanks for posting Angie.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Where did they say they were going today on the show? I was blow drying my hair and missed some of what was said.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 23 2009, 06:26 PM
Where did they say they were going today on the show? I was blow drying my hair and missed some of what was said.
Kayla said Switzerland on the show today.

I was ok today till Drake needed help finishing his line about ''without your love I can't breathe,without you I can't...'' .

But in all honestly if this had been a movie I would want my money back,I feel like JM and fans didn't get a fitting tribute and final episode.

Olli9
Member Avatar

jules
Jan 23 2009, 06:23 PM
No kidding. They can't even get their story right on the official website. What a pathetic show. And Bye, bye Days.
I guess Dena wasn't good in Geography. She must think Belgium and Switzerland is the same or Belgium is a part of Switzerland. Maybe I should look for them here in Germany? :D

e83talus
Member Avatar

I wish somebody would send Dena to Belgium or Switzerland, or hell. Texas for all I care.

I can't believe I have no more J&M? (tips the vodka bottle up!) :drunk:

Mason
Member Avatar

e83talus
Jan 23 2009, 07:13 PM
I wish somebody would send Dena to Belgium or Switzerland, or hell. Texas for all I care.
NOOOOOOO

We don't want her no-talent hack scabbing ass in Texas!

peaches179

Mason
Jan 23 2009, 07:16 PM
e83talus
Jan 23 2009, 07:13 PM
NOOOOOOO

We don't want her no-talent hack scabbing ass in Texas!

LMAO!

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie! Nice photos.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

If they sent them to Lugano, no one who should even attempt to say that Dena doesn't have it in for J&M and their fans.

IIttu
Member Avatar

The happy ending Corday promised... I wish one for him too, of course with him only remaining paralyzed. The love-of-your-life-staying-by-your-side-part should be skipped in his case.

Olli9
Member Avatar

Olli9
Jan 23 2009, 06:37 PM
jules
I guess Dena wasn't good in Geography. She must think Belgium and Switzerland is the same or Belgium is a part of Switzerland. Maybe I should look for them here in Germany? :D
And NBC don't even know the names of the characters of the show.

On 22nd the headline was : Eric gives Kayla and Marlena positive news about John.

Was Eric in Salem ? No. Brady is called Eric now. :shame:

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/video/clips/good-news-012209/951061/

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Olli9
Jan 25 2009, 11:41 AM
Olli9
Jan 23 2009, 06:37 PM
jules
And NBC don't even know the names of the characters of the show.

On 22nd the headline was : Eric gives Kayla and Marlena positive news about John.

Was Eric in Salem ? No. Brady is called Eric now. :shame:

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/video/clips/good-news-012209/951061/
NBC doesn't give diddly squat about the show or the web site. The NBC Days site has been a big joke for a long time so it didn't not surprise me to see them calling Brady Black Eric. It is all in their way to turn off the fans and then say see no fans no show and pull the plug. Just look at NBC's history with Soaps. Also they have made no bones about wanting out of the soap business. They could care less and it shows. Blast them :moon: :soapbox: :flipoff:

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

''DAYS'' has nothing left to offer me,except some youngsters,like Strawberry blondes (Melanie) who went to the Paris Hilton School of acting.

King
Member Avatar

IIttu
Jan 24 2009, 05:12 PM
The happy ending Corday promised... I wish one for him too, of course with him only remaining paralyzed. The love-of-your-life-staying-by-your-side-part should be skipped in his case.
So, you're wishing paralysis on a real man with real children and real wife because you didn't like the ending of your fictional characters on a fictional TV show?

Yeah, that's normal.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Jesus! It's television for pete's sake.

Those kind of comments are just wrong on so many levels.

Edited by Rick, Jan 26 2009, 05:13 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

King
Jan 25 2009, 11:44 PM
IIttu
So, you're wishing paralysis on a real man with real children and real wife because you didn't like the ending of your fictional characters on a fictional TV show?

Yeah, that's normal.
I agree, Rick and King. Someone is crossing the fiction/reality lines very definitely here. No matter what Corday's business decisions are (and do we even know he made this decision by himself?), to wish harm on a human being like that is just.............well, never mind. :angry:
This is why I get sick of all the idoltry.

Kyrai

ladyofthelake
Jan 26 2009, 06:24 AM
King
Jan 25 2009, 11:44 PM
IIttu

Yeah, that's normal.
I agree, Rick and King. Someone is crossing the fiction/reality lines very definitely here. No matter what Corday's business decisions are (and do we even know he made this decision by himself?), to wish harm on a human being like that is just.............well, never mind. :angry:
This is why I get sick of all the idoltry.
I would never wish this on anyone even if KC does think it's a 'happy' way to end things.

At least, it seems we're all agreeing that this is not what most would call a 'happily ever after' sendoff.

Mason
Member Avatar

I really don't think that poster was being serious...... :unsure:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply