Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Promo for wk of 1/26
Topic Started: Jan 23 2009, 11:00 PM (1,564 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LovingDays

I can't see the clip

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks, Angie, for always putting these up for us!
The best part of this promo is the picture of EJ in the beginning!
The rest...I have given up hope on it being entertaining...just makes me roll my eyes! I am just happy dual pregnancies is almost over with...let the games begin!

lene
Member Avatar

I can't see it either because it's only avalible to those in the us. (:

Sindacco
Member Avatar

The same for me, most clips on NBC works fine but a few of them are only for those in the US.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Jan 23 2009, 11:31 PM
The rest...I have given up hope on it being entertaining...just makes me roll my eyes! I am just happy dual pregnancies is almost over with...let the games begin!
My only concern now is how (or if) they are going to salvage Nicole's character. This is too much even for her. Well, then again, I guess anyone who infects someone with a flesh-eating bacteria.......

The thing is, Ari and James Scott initially had such a great dynamic. Ari was doing well with having romance for Nicole. I hope somehow, they match her up again. This again, is too much like Sami, who never won at love. Maybe that's why I quit having a soft spot in my heart for Sami (along with the shrieking, non-ending crying, and glitterfication). In the past, she was someone my heart went out to, despite her machinations. I could see WHY she was desperate. I can see that with Nicole, too. I am not CONDONING her actions (although I'm bracing myself for people telling me I'm coming up with excuses). I can see why she's doing it. Just like I could see Sami with the Stan thing. Rejected in love and not knowing HOW to truly find love, feeling rejected by mom, all that good stuff would make revenge very tempting. And, yeah, I guess I'm a Lumi fan at heart. There, I said it. Possibly because both Lucas and Sami had difficulty sustaining any relationship, and deep down, are best friends. Written correctly, they could have really been best friend spouses, but.....written correctly is the operative word. Actually, Ali and James had a great dynamic too, at the beginning. It got ruined by too much for me, on screen and, to be blunt, off screen too. I liked how EJ was Rhett like in seeing Sami (Scarlett's) flaws and not giving a damn. But, of course, that has soured for me now. Just like EJ is being soured for me now by doting a little TOO much on Nicole. I suppose that's to set him up for the heartbreak and the dark EJ coming out again. But, he better get pissed at both women. That's all I can say. If Sami becomes the new Marlena, above the fray, I might throw something. (Now, I'm dodging more bullets!)

I really loved Sami and Nicole as frenemies. They have an awesome dynamic. Well, I guess if Nicole and Chloe could end up being best friends, anything can happen.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

They got rid of JM for this?Glade I no longer watch.

cjknick
Member Avatar

At first I thought ok what a time for Marlena to leave the country. I understand she wants to be with John - but here we have Sami in the WPP and Marlena is not shown asking to at least talk with her??? No video conference call? No mention of Sami at all... We also have Marlena's grandchild Johnny living with Stefano and Marlena never really acted like she was all that concerned about Johnny. I can't even call this bad writing or even out of character for Marlena because she really never was all that motherly towards Sami.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I haven't watched yet, but from what I understand from friends who did, John was concerned about Sami, and Marlena said something to the effect of "She'll live" or "She'll survive". Is that right? I need to watch today. If so, that doesn't surprise me. Sami was held hostage thousands of miles above the surface of the Earth last year, and Marlena and John just played swat-butt. Now, she's hiding out from a hired killer, and Marlena says "She'll survive".
No wonder I don't like Marlena. When it involves John, everyone else can just go to hell. (getting ready to dodge more angry bullets).

Days4Life

Thanks for posting the clip, Angie! I'm so glad these babies are being born and we can finally move this story along. I don't know how I'm feeling about Nicole right now. Yes, I can understand she's desperate and has had a rough life with no real love (except Eric--she sure screwed that up!) and feels life has treated her unfairly, but now she's stealing a baby. The lying and subterfuge were bad, but this crosses a line...THE line, beyond which I can't make excuses for her any more. She may be sealing her own fate with EJ because when the truth comes out, Sami and EJ will be united in their outrage and fury at her. Sami's deception about her pregnancy will most likely pale in comparison to having her baby stolen and although I think it should be dealt with, she's going to be seen as the victim here, along with EJ. It's wrong and I'm going to hate it, but I can see it coming...Sami's going to be forgiven and Nicole vilified.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 24 2009, 08:30 AM
My only concern now is how (or if) they are going to salvage Nicole's character. This is too much even for her. Well, then again, I guess anyone who infects someone with a flesh-eating bacteria......
You think what Nicole is doing now is worse then attempted murder?

lene
Member Avatar

After the bad things Lexie did, but still managed to be forgiven.. so can Nicole!

Ponz
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Jan 24 2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks for posting the clip, Angie! I'm so glad these babies are being born and we can finally move this story along. I don't know how I'm feeling about Nicole right now. Yes, I can understand she's desperate and has had a rough life with no real love (except Eric--she sure screwed that up!) and feels life has treated her unfairly, but now she's stealing a baby. The lying and subterfuge were bad, but this crosses a line...THE line, beyond which I can't make excuses for her any more. She may be sealing her own fate with EJ because when the truth comes out, Sami and EJ will be united in their outrage and fury at her. Sami's deception about her pregnancy will most likely pale in comparison to having her baby stolen and although I think it should be dealt with, she's going to be seen as the victim here, along with EJ. It's wrong and I'm going to hate it, but I can see it coming...Sami's going to be forgiven and Nicole vilified.
Sami is plotting to ensure that EJ never knows his biological child. Unless one views mothers' rights as inherently more valuable than fathers', she's just as guilty of "baby stealing".

aimees76
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Alligato
Jan 23 2009, 11:31 PM
My only concern now is how (or if) they are going to salvage Nicole's character. This is too much even for her. Well, then again, I guess anyone who infects someone with a flesh-eating bacteria.......

The thing is, Ari and James Scott initially had such a great dynamic. Ari was doing well with having romance for Nicole. I hope somehow, they match her up again. This again, is too much like Sami, who never won at love. Maybe that's why I quit having a soft spot in my heart for Sami (along with the shrieking, non-ending crying, and glitterfication). In the past, she was someone my heart went out to, despite her machinations. I could see WHY she was desperate. I can see that with Nicole, too. I am not CONDONING her actions (although I'm bracing myself for people telling me I'm coming up with excuses). I can see why she's doing it. Just like I could see Sami with the Stan thing. Rejected in love and not knowing HOW to truly find love, feeling rejected by mom, all that good stuff would make revenge very tempting. And, yeah, I guess I'm a Lumi fan at heart. There, I said it. Possibly because both Lucas and Sami had difficulty sustaining any relationship, and deep down, are best friends. Written correctly, they could have really been best friend spouses, but.....written correctly is the operative word. Actually, Ali and James had a great dynamic too, at the beginning. It got ruined by too much for me, on screen and, to be blunt, off screen too. I liked how EJ was Rhett like in seeing Sami (Scarlett's) flaws and not giving a damn. But, of course, that has soured for me now. Just like EJ is being soured for me now by doting a little TOO much on Nicole. I suppose that's to set him up for the heartbreak and the dark EJ coming out again. But, he better get pissed at both women. That's all I can say. If Sami becomes the new Marlena, above the fray, I might throw something. (Now, I'm dodging more bullets!)

I really loved Sami and Nicole as frenemies. They have an awesome dynamic. Well, I guess if Nicole and Chloe could end up being best friends, anything can happen.
Hey I've got your back on this post. I agree whole-heartedly (except for the EJ/Sami Rhett/Scarlett thought ... I've always found that comparison to be insulting to GWTW).

I do understand where Nicole is coming from, and I guess I understand where Sami is coming from (sort of) too. I would understand Sami a lot more if she had insisted that Roman/Marlena/Lucas/somebody do their damndest to get Johnny out of that house while she was gone, but ... well, you know.

Anyway ... it's a horribly written story. That's all. Not much more to be said about it, is there?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^but I doubt that they'll play it as "baby stealing." They'll play as this poor heroine stuck in a corner, trying to get her kid from the big bad DiMeras (never mind she has another kid living in the place?!)
After this SL..the "Marlenafication" of Sami will be complete!
Liz

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sindacco
Jan 24 2009, 11:45 AM
ladyofthelake
My only concern now is how (or if) they are going to salvage Nicole's character. This is too much even for her. Well, then again, I guess anyone who infects someone with a flesh-eating bacteria......
You think what Nicole is doing now is worse then attempted murder?
Well, seeing as I never watched during that time, I fear I can only judge by what I've seen.

Days4Life

Ponz
Jan 24 2009, 12:23 PM
Days4Life
Jan 24 2009, 11:42 AM
Sami is plotting to ensure that EJ never knows his biological child. Unless one views mothers' rights as inherently more valuable than fathers', she's just as guilty of "baby stealing".
Absolutely. I HATE this story of Sami hiding her pregnancy from EJ. She's doing a terrible thing. However, the writers are already writing her as making a noble sacrifice, keeping the baby from EJ because she's protecting her from the evil Dimeras. I don't agree at all with the story as it's being written, but I will be shocked if Sami doesn't come out of this looking like a victim.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 24 2009, 11:14 AM
I haven't watched yet, but from what I understand from friends who did, John was concerned about Sami, and Marlena said something to the effect of "She'll live" or "She'll survive". Is that right? I need to watch today. If so, that doesn't surprise me. Sami was held hostage thousands of miles above the surface of the Earth last year, and Marlena and John just played swat-butt. Now, she's hiding out from a hired killer, and Marlena says "She'll survive".
No wonder I don't like Marlena. When it involves John, everyone else can just go to hell. (getting ready to dodge more angry bullets).
I hated that line,but truth be told we had stumpy Roman in their final scene and I didn't want Sami in their final scene ''crying'' if you wanna call it that,I call it high pitched whining,she sounds like nails on a chalkboard when she cries and I have had enough of that to last me a lifetime,had she been there she would have ruined things for me further,I know Marlena loves her daugther,but sometimes I have thought Sami was switched at birth cause I thought sometimes she cannot possibly be Marlena's daughter,but then again every annoying quality Sami has,which is pretty much every part of her personality she gets from Roman,but Sami is WPP so Marlena isn't supposed to know where she is,nor talk to her,Same goes with Roman,but I do think they could of wrapped up this boring WPP thing awhile ago so they could have had one final scene together.

Mason

This story is so predictable. From Day One, when we found out both Sami and Nicole were pregnant, we knew Nicole would lose her baby, and steal Sami's. And that's pretty much exactly how it's played out.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason
Jan 24 2009, 03:49 PM
This story is so predictable. From Day One, when we found out both Sami and Nicole were pregnant, we knew Nicole would lose her baby, and steal Sami's. And that's pretty much exactly how it's played out.
I kind of imagined that Nicole would lose her baby, too. But, I figured Sami would want to give her child up for adoption, and Nicole would become the adoptee without Sami knowing. Likewise, Nicole wouldn't know Sami is the biological mother.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply