Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Same scoops, different airdates
Topic Started: Jan 24 2009, 10:04 PM (2,396 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like what I'm hearing except for...

Sami and Rafe still hiding. Really? Maybe this occurs because it's the period of time Ali will actually be offscreen? I hope so and I hope it's really quick because I need them to stop being isolated. I'm beyond tired of it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 26 2009, 04:26 PM
Sami and Rafe still hiding. Really? Maybe this occurs because it's the period of time Ali will actually be offscreen?
Have we established that she'll even be offscreen at all? I mean, if she's only taking a 2 week leave, and they did "onerous pretapes", then what's to say we'll see any gap in her screen time? They could move her scenes to two days a week and be covered without much of an issue at all.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jan 26 2009, 04:30 PM
PhoenixRising05
Sami and Rafe still hiding. Really? Maybe this occurs because it's the period of time Ali will actually be offscreen?
Have we established that she'll even be offscreen at all? I mean, if she's only taking a 2 week leave, and they did "onerous pretapes", then what's to say we'll see any gap in her screen time? They could move her scenes to two days a week and be covered without much of an issue at all.
This is what I've been fearing, but it was really mean of you to say it out loud! :P

Ellie

Paxton
Jan 26 2009, 04:33 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
This is what I've been fearing, but it was really mean of you to say it out loud! :P
LOL! Sorry about that!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
PhoenixRising05
Yeah but it seems they isolated her to make it easy to pre-tape all this time so maybe that is why she is still in the safehouse. That is what I was saying. They may have wanted to have her have the baby on the show a little bit before she had it in real life for obvious reasons and now we see her isolated from everyone else but Rafe again until she is back from having the baby in real life. It makes sense to me.

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
PhoenixRising05
Yup. Once you factor in the Christmas break and the studio being dark last week, the actual taping she's missed will be easily covered by the pre-tapes (assuming Ari's answer was correct).

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Jan 26 2009, 04:35 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
Yeah but it seems they isolated her to make it easy to pre-tape all this time so maybe that is why she is still in the safehouse. That is what I was saying. They may have wanted to have her have the baby on the show a little bit before she had it in real life for obvious reasons and now we see her isolated from everyone else but Rafe again until she is back from having the baby in real life. It makes sense to me.
Right, for logistical reasons the character might still be isolated, but my point is that she will still be on screen.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I guess Ali really has perfect timing having the baby around now so her leave could be covered.

I swear, Days has never gone to such lengths with anyone else like they have for Ali. The last time they had a guy come in and play her and she did voiceovers at times and now this. They seem to never want Sami offscreen.

The safehouse stuff has to end once Ali returns to taping as normal. If not, then I don't know what the fuck is going on.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 26 2009, 04:43 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

PhoenixRising05
They may have wanted to have her have the baby on the show a little bit before she had it in real life for obvious reasons and now we see her isolated from everyone else but Rafe again until she is back from having the baby in real life. It makes sense to me.
Ok, I'm slow, LOL--what are the obvious reasons? Are you suggesting that perhaps "her" baby (probably Mia's) will die of something and they did not want to traumatize her by having to play scenes like that while she was pregnant?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Jan 26 2009, 04:44 PM
PhoenixRising05
They may have wanted to have her have the baby on the show a little bit before she had it in real life for obvious reasons and now we see her isolated from everyone else but Rafe again until she is back from having the baby in real life. It makes sense to me.
Ok, I'm slow, LOL--what are the obvious reasons? Are you suggesting that perhaps "her" baby (probably Mia's) will die of something and they did not want to traumatize her by having to play scenes like that while she was pregnant?
No. What I meant was they probably didn't want to wait until the last minute in the event that Ali may go into labor early. Hell, playing out the labor, I'm sure there was fear that Ali may put herself in real labor because of the scenes LOL.

Basically, they wanted to make sure they taped the birth so the story didn't have to be held up so they did it before the holiday break and they put Sami and Rafe back in the safehouse for a bit until things with Ali officially settle down. In other words, rather then keeping them in the safehouse and playing the birth right before Ali officially took her leave and had her baby, they decided it best to do it earlier just in case and that was probably a good decision.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply