Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nelson Ratings — MAJOR DAYS RANT; TVGC is FUMING MAD
Topic Started: Jan 26 2009, 02:59 PM (7,757 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/Articles/090126_ratings_nelson_NB
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

You go, Nelson!

DAYS deserves to be ripped apart six ways from Sunday. There's absolutely no excuse. Honestly, I hope DAYS's ratings for J&M's final day SUCK. In no way do they deserve to be rewarded with good numbers for that shit.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

Memo to DAYS fans (and I use that term lightly): Don’t miss The Suds Report Friday for a new story on why D&D were really fired.

They probably wanted to give their money and airtime to Molly Burnett. As ridiculous as that is, a small part of me thinks that's not totally impossible.

I'm not a Jarlena fan, but their exit was indeed ridiculous. I'm down to watching only for EJ and Nicole, and once the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Corday, Tomlin, Whitesell and Higley) finish off ruining them, I strongly suspect my Days are done--I can't think of anything else to watch for, since Philip's already been ruined for me.

King
Member Avatar

Don't throw Chris Whitsell in with them! LOL.

Chris Love!

Yeah, the send-off sucked. I can't blame anyone for ripping that a new ass. But I am still loving DAYS right now though. It really is better than it was in the hands of Hoagie or JER's last year. The only difference is we were more familiar with the characters then.
Edited by King, Jan 26 2009, 03:16 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Absolutely agree with everything you said Nelson! :applause:
Edited by Rick, Jan 26 2009, 03:17 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I just know I am going to sick and pissed off when I hear the real reason they were fired.

Mason

King
Jan 26 2009, 03:16 PM
It really is better than it was in the hands of Hoagie
I couldn't possibly disagree more.

King
Member Avatar

Well, yeah, you're a Hoagie fan. LOL.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

My asshole could write a better show than these morons. LOL — re: The Four Horseman reference. I may steal that from you!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Damn- that was harsh. Well-deserved, though, especially since they advertised this as a two-week event.

That exit was a total failure on all fronts.

King
Member Avatar

I'm just ready to move on to J&M-less DAYS.

No one is going to be able to write well for J&M again anyway. Anderson and JER were the only two who could.

Mason

King
Jan 26 2009, 03:20 PM
Well, yeah, you're a Hoagie fan. LOL.
So?

What does me being a fan of Hogan's work have to do with it? Even many non-Hogan fans have said the show's worse now than when he was HW - and they raked him over the coals!
Edited by Mason, Jan 26 2009, 03:25 PM.

jules

Great rant. There is NO excuse for what I saw Friday. There was plenty of time for talented writers to come up with an emotional and heartfelt episode. Have John emasculated gives me an idea that someone had it in for the actor or his character. The amount of airtime, tacky wedding, no goodbyes to family, no real dialogue, one day of John with his memories after a year long storyline...it just amazes me how poorly it was done. As for Days suffering, I guess the audience they have now is happy with the show, so it will probably stay right where it is in the ratings.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for the rant Nelson can't wait to read your scoop!!!!! Even though I can't believe that they fired D&D and that they gave them the worst send off ever - I'll still probably watch for the one reason that I don't like to comment about a show I don't watch. It's the same theory that you can't complain if you don't vote! I'm not a big supporter of Boycott's either because you may think you are sending a message and you maybe sending a message but aren't you also potentially hurting innocent people in all of this including people who may need this job .... like cast members and crew members who want to keep their jobs. Writer's and Producer's come and go ... In the last three years Days has had Three HW and also interium writer's as well Day's has also had three Ex producers too... So by boycotting aren't you throwing the baby out with the bath water?
Edited by cjknick, Jan 26 2009, 03:39 PM.

hunterforrester
Member Avatar

I'll be writing about the news, but I won't be watching Days until Dena and company are fired. And Ken finds that skyscraper.

Mason

hunterforrester
Jan 26 2009, 03:33 PM
I'll be writing about the news, but I won't be watching Days until Dena and company are fired. And Ken finds that skyscraper.
At this rate then, you've probably already watched your last DAYS episode. Higley's like a cancer that won't go away.

peaches179

Mason
Jan 26 2009, 03:18 PM
King
Jan 26 2009, 03:16 PM
It really is better than it was in the hands of Hoagie
I couldn't possibly disagree more.

ICAM. The writing is awful!

King
Member Avatar

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Hoagie's two years of DAYS were shit-tastic from a little after he started straight through to the end, with the exception of John's death and Shelle's wedding.

I am enjoying Melanie, Nicole and co. way better than Jeremy/Touch the Sky/Sorority Shit/Payla Shit/Santeen.
Edited by King, Jan 26 2009, 03:58 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

WOW!! What's funny is, I just fired off an angry email to Days just before reading this telling them I was done...(not that they care, it was totally for my sanity) So at least I know they'll see this one!!

I wasn't necessarily a Jarlena fan now, but back in the day, I was. So, I was extremely disappointed by the AWFUL way they were written out. I think, no I KNOW I could've done better and I have no type of formal writing education or experience.

Thanks Nelson for saying what so many of us wanted to say but wouldn't be heard.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

You know something is up when I agree that Days deserves a rant like this. I went on a similar rampage about the goodbye. There was just no excuse for that and it makes me worry a bit about Tomlin. I've never known him to be someone who oversees garbage like that. I do wonder if something went down backstage either before or after the firing which made them execute the goodbye like this. Yes, Days exits are usually rushed and sometimes just all out dreadful but never have I seen anything like this. I mean, even J&J and Carrie and Austin got happiness and were treated better. I would never expect this to happen to John and Marlena. Never. Not the way it was handled.

The only thing i disagree with is encouraging people to stop watching. I'm not saying people have to watch but I think encouraging anyone who enjoys it or who chooses to still want to watch to quit won't do anything to help the show or the genre. I'm sure the show is getting enough backlash. It's all over the place. Knowing Corday, he's probably already wondering if he will have to backtrack again like the moron he is. If the ratings flop (which I doubt), J&M will be back by summer. Mark my words. I kind of hope they are. I didn't mind them going and understood it but after the way they left this, I wish they would come back. I don't want this to be the end. Not this piece of shit. No way. I know they can do better, even if it's rushed and not the best. I've never seen an exit worse then this.

Now, I will agree with King in enjoying the show right now despite the last few weeks not being the best and kind of stagnant. However, I still enjoyed Hogan much more, especially in his last few months, and I know if allowed to tell the stories he wanted to with the people he wanted to use and at the pace he wanted to tell the stories...he could've done wonders. I'm enjoying the show but I do have alot of concerns after the last few weeks. They had me right into this month but now I'm really worried about where the show is going. I wish they would can Higley too because I don't think she is helping matters.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing the Drake and Dee story, Nelson. I have some suspicions over what it could be about but I'm sure we all do.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply