Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Hope Shoots Kayla!; Feb 10th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Jan 28 2009, 11:55 AM (3,583 Views)
Ellie

This week's SOD and SOW both contain articles about the Hope/Kayla story. SOD features an interview with Kristian Alfonso, and SOW features an interview with Peter Reckell.

Bo continues to have visions, but he doesn't share these with Hope. However, Hope can tell that something is bothering Bo.

Kayla and Daniel are treating the killer at the hospital. Kayla realizes who he is, and she calls Hope, who calls Bo and leaves a message for him about what's going on. As Reckell explains, Bo "hightails it there as fast as he can, because something might be going down." On his way to the hospital, Bo runs into Steve, who comes with him.

When they arrive at the hospital, the killer is about to shoot Hope. Hope picks up her gun, but then the killer puts Kayla in the line of fire, so Hope ends up shooting Kayla.

Lexie rushes Kayla into surgery, while Bo and Steve take down the killer. Meanwhile, Hope is beside herself and blames herself for what has happened. Bo comforts her and tells her it's not her fault, but then as Alfonso puts it, "the light goes off in Hope's head". Hope realizes that Bo knew what was going to happen.

Hope is furious at Bo for not having told her, and then when Hope realizes that Bo told Steve and not her, she's even more upset. Bo then tries to defend himself; as Alfonso explains, "[Bo] says, 'How many times did I tell you to stay away from Kayla?' and [Hope] says, 'How many times did I ask you why?'"

Kayla pulls through her surgery, but Bo and Hope are still upset at each other. "This bodes bad things for the two of them," says Reckell. And as SOW explains, things get even worse: Hope is investigated by Internal Affairs because of the shooting, and "it promises to challenge Bo and Hope's relationship in the weeks ahead."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie. I happy that Bo and Hope are getting a story and, Bo's visions aside, I like the idea of some internal conflict for them. I just wish Kayla getting shot was at least a little bit about, well, her.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie ....

I don't know but I got the feeling that Hope and Bo will break up (sort of) - enter Rafe into the mix.

peaches179

zzzzzzzz. Thanks for posting, Ellie! :)

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I don't get why Bo wouldn't have told Hope straight up what he visioned. On that note, why wouldn't Steve have done more to keep Kayla away since he knew what was going to happen? I'm not too thrilled about another marriage problem for these two.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

cjknick
Jan 28 2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks Ellie ....

I don't know but I got the feeling that Hope and Bo will break up (sort of) - enter Rafe into the mix.
CJ, you just may have something there..........nope your way too smart for a Days writer...................it won't be anything that good.

Mason
Member Avatar

Jinxie
Jan 28 2009, 12:07 PM
I don't get why Bo wouldn't have told Hope straight up what he visioned.
Because this is a stupid story, in which logic plays no part.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 12:08 PM
Jinxie
I usually tend to forget that my expectations are often too high!

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

So glad Daniel isn't treating Kayla. I'm shocked that they even remember Lexie's a doctor. I haven't seen her there for awhile.

King
Member Avatar

*drops to knees, prays for a murder-suicide.*

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds very good.

I was worried about the whole aspect of Bo and Steve keeping Kayla and Hope apart because it could've been silly but considering this all happened so fast and considering the way Bo and Steve can be, this came out pretty well.

I love Hope getting investigated too. Finally it looks like something worth a damn for Bo and Hope and hopefully they don't drop the ball. Higley likes them but that is assuming Higley has enough power to matter in storyline right now because I get the sense that is more Tomlin and Whitesell.

The only think that irks me is that this is more about Bo and Hope then Steve and Kayla. I expected it but I wish there was more in this for them.

It is nice that the killer finally goes down and maybe we will see Bo, Hope, Steve, and Kayla actually in on the search for who hired him. After today's episode, it seems it's NOT Stefano.

donna415
Member Avatar

thanks for the post. i wish this was a longer story for steve and kayla as well it seems like it is just a quick fix it should have been a lot longer and more detailed

cjknick
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jan 28 2009, 12:09 PM
So glad Daniel isn't treating Kayla. I'm shocked that they even remember Lexie's a doctor. I haven't seen her there for awhile.
Perhaps Daniel will have a man crush on the murderer? He is his patient afterall!

peaches179

King
Jan 28 2009, 12:09 PM
*drops to knees, prays for a murder-suicide.*

LMAO!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jinxie
Considering how fast it happened and considering how Bo and Steve have done shit like this in the past to protect Kayla and Hope, it does make sense. For one, the visions have been vague and not very clear to start and even when he knew they had to be kept apart, he thought that could be nipped in the bud by just having them avoid each other. Both Bo and Steve are like that. They would rather handle it themselves then cause a panic or get Hope and Kayla involved. Not to mention Bo doesn't want Kayla to know because he doesn't want to go to a shrink or get more tests done. Hope and Bo had that talk a few weeks ago and he was adamant. He only told Steve because Steve was with him when he had the vision and called Bo on it.

cjknick
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 28 2009, 12:11 PM
This sounds very good.

I was worried about the whole aspect of Bo and Steve keeping Kayla and Hope apart because it could've been silly but considering this all happened so fast and considering the way Bo and Steve can be, this came out pretty well.

I love Hope getting investigated too. Finally it looks like something worth a damn for Bo and Hope and hopefully they don't drop the ball. Higley likes them but that is assuming Higley has enough power to matter in storyline right now because I get the sense that is more Tomlin and Whitesell.

The only think that irks me is that this is more about Bo and Hope then Steve and Kayla. I expected it but I wish there was more in this for them.

It is nice that the killer finally goes down and maybe we will see Bo, Hope, Steve, and Kayla actually in on the search for who hired him. After today's episode, it seems it's NOT Stefano.
I don't think it's Stefano either ... Andre perhaps????

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

cjknick
Jan 28 2009, 12:14 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 28 2009, 12:11 PM
This sounds very good.

I don't think it's Stefano either ... Andre perhaps????
I have a feeling it's not a Dimera at all.

The casting call for the butler and what I heard on today's episode makes me think either his employer will be someone new or there is always the chance it's Victor for some reason. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but tossing it out there. The person has to be powerful though.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Mason

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Considering how fast it happened and considering how Bo and Steve have done shit like this in the past to protect Kayla and Hope, it does make sense. For one, the visions have been vague and not very clear to start and even when he knew they had to be kept apart, he thought that could be nipped in the bud by just having them avoid each other. Both Bo and Steve are like that. They would rather handle it themselves then cause a panic or get Hope and Kayla involved. Not to mention Bo doesn't want Kayla to know because he doesn't want to go to a shrink or get more tests done. Hope and Bo had that talk a few weeks ago and he was adamant. He only told Steve because Steve was with him when he had the vision and called Bo on it.

Kayla didn't have to know anything. All Bo had to do was tell Hope. It's not like she doesn't believe in his "visions" or whatever.

Ellie

cjknick
Jan 28 2009, 11:58 AM
I don't know but I got the feeling that Hope and Bo will break up
Are Bo & Hope the only couple that Dena hasn't mucked with? Then yeah, probably.

(And you're welcome, everyone!)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 12:18 PM
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Kayla didn't have to know anything. All Bo had to do was tell Hope. It's not like she doesn't believe in his "visions" or whatever.
Well, it's not like Bo has ever been 100% honest. Hell, Bo and Hope have both withheld things from each other out of the notion of not wanting to hurt each other. Steve has done that too. Bo's withheld big things before, especially if it involves protecting Hope. By telling Hope, I think he felt also that she wouldn't believe it this time because why would she shoot Kayla? Hope would think that wasn't possible. Not to mention she would probably tell Kayla and Bo wants Kayla to know nothing about his issues.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply