Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Hope Shoots Kayla!; Feb 10th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Jan 28 2009, 11:55 AM (3,660 Views)
jules

The whole premise that Bope's conflict stems from him not telling her about his "visions" is ludicrous.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

peaches179
Jan 28 2009, 12:02 PM
zzzzzzzz. Thanks for posting, Ellie! :)
This is the most ridiculous garbage Higley has managed to produce thus far.

You mean to tell me that after everything Bo and Hope have been through, Higley thinks that this piece of crap story is going to satisfy their fans? I can't even tell you how laughable it is that the biggest threat to their marriage is the fact that he didn't tell her he bumped his head and turned into Celeste.

Can you even imagine the dialogue for these scenes? Taken out of context -- hell, even in context -- it's going to sound completely ridiculous. Why are they arguing over the reason he never told her about the visions rather than trying to figure out why he's suddenly having these visions in the first place? It's as if they just run across psychics everyday and it's nothing out of the ordinary. So stupid!

A pork 'n beans character like Bo should never be put in a story like this one. It just doesn't fit him properly.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 28 2009, 12:20 PM
Well, it's not like Bo has ever been 100% honest. Hell, Bo and Hope have both withheld things from each other out of the notion of not wanting to hurt each other. Steve has done that too. Bo's withheld big things before, especially if it involves protecting Hope. By telling Hope, I think he felt also that she wouldn't believe it this time because why would she shoot Kayla? Hope would think that wasn't possible. Not to mention she would probably tell Kayla and Bo wants Kayla to know nothing about his issues.
Then they should have had Bo tell Hope, her not think she could ever shoot Kayla, and have it happen anyway. At least that way, it wouldn't be AS contrived.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 28 2009, 12:22 PM
peaches179
Jan 28 2009, 12:02 PM
zzzzzzzz. Thanks for posting, Ellie! :)
This is the most ridiculous garbage Higley has managed to produce thus far.

You mean to tell me that after everything Bo and Hope have been through, Higley thinks that this piece of crap story is going to satisfy their fans? I can't even tell you how laughable it is that the biggest threat to their marriage is the fact that he didn't tell her he bumped his head and turned into Celeste.

Can you even imagine the dialogue for these scenes? Taken out of context -- hell, even in context -- it's going to sound completely ridiculous. Why are they arguing over the reason he never told her about the visions rather than trying to figure out why he's suddenly having these visions in the first place? It's as if they just run across psychics everyday and it's nothing out of the ordinary. So stupid!

A pork 'n beans character like Bo should never be put in a story like this one. It just doesn't fit him properly.

Hope knows about the visions and they talked about finding out why and what is wrong. Bo didn't want to go to a shrink or undergo tests.

Is it contrived in anyway? Sure but, for me, it's played out better then I thought it would. It doesn't come off absurd to me, knowing both characters, I understand why Bo and Steve acted this way. I also don't think the idea that Bo keeping this from Hope is the conflict is not ridiculous. It's a trust issue and it was something that ended in tragedy that could cost Hope her job, which would be stupid considering Bo tampered with evidence and managed to avoid losing his job. Hell, he became commissioner. I'm just glad to see something good coming their way that they can at least be challenged with.

I think the idea that Bo was always resistant to visions and the supernatural is what makes this interesting. Bo is being forced to deal with something he never really believed in. I wish they would use Celeste and have them talk about this because Bo used to always roll his eyes at her and her visions, no matter how accurate she was.

It also makes this whole psychic thing more meaningful now because it has directly affected Bo and Hoe. I've seen reactions on the boards and I've seen positive response but I think it has more to do with at least seeing Bo, Hope, Steve, and Kayla then the story but still any positive is good.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 28 2009, 12:31 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, despite what the naysayers are saying, I think it sounds intriguing. I hope it plays out well on screen. Considering the actors/characters involved, I think it will.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

EDIT: Never mind. It's not even worth it.
Edited by Mason, Jan 28 2009, 01:14 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 01:11 PM
Mason, I hope you don't shy away from saying what you want to say just because of my counterargument.

I understand where your coming from and we will have to agree to disagree. I just don't want you or anyone else feeling as if you can't say what you want to say. I look forward to your posts, even when we disagree, so please don't be shy away from posting your thoughts.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 28 2009, 01:32 PM
Mason
Jan 28 2009, 01:11 PM
Mason, I hope you don't shy away from saying what you want to say just because of my counterargument.

I understand where your coming from and we will have to agree to disagree. I just don't want you or anyone else feeling as if you can't say what you want to say. I look forward to your posts, even when we disagree, so please don't be shy away from posting your thoughts.
No worries, I was actually going to respond to ladyofthelake's "naysayer" comment, but decided against it.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This sounds a bit better than I expected. Thanks Ellie!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jan 28 2009, 12:09 PM
So glad Daniel isn't treating Kayla. I'm shocked that they even remember Lexie's a doctor. I haven't seen her there for awhile.
To be honest I'm glad about that. I like it more when they use Lexie as a real character with her own life and not just as a doctor.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Bo and Hope breakup and *Enter Rafe* ?? Uhh I dont think so, He is young enough to be her son, and she is not the cougar type. (Ofcourse Bo is not a psychic either But this new Salem is like a twisted disneyland Mad Hatter ride)
Though I know many would prefer Rafe with anyone other then Sami..No matter how rediculous.
Ofcourse rediculous is right up Higley's alley so who knows.. This vision storyline (??) Is utter garbage anyway.. I was finding myself FFing through Bope scenes because of it, along with just about every other scene..
Im just glad Im not watching the crap anymore and aggrivating my carpul tunnel.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Jan 28 2009, 02:42 PM
Bo and Hope breakup and *Enter Rafe* ?? Uhh I dont think so, He is young enough to be her son, and she is not the cougar type.
LoL! Hope's not that old!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 02:45 PM
Taelyn
Bo and Hope breakup and *Enter Rafe* ?? Uhh I dont think so, He is young enough to be her son, and she is not the cougar type.
LoL! Hope's not that old!
Yes she is. She is in the quintessential cougar age range! At least for me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Taelyn
Bo and Hope breakup and *Enter Rafe* ?? Uhh I dont think so, He is young enough to be her son, and she is not the cougar type. (Ofcourse Bo is not a psychic either But this new Salem is like a twisted disneyland Mad Hatter ride)
Though I know many would prefer Rafe with anyone other then Sami..No matter how rediculous.
Ofcourse rediculous is right up Higley's alley so who knows.. This vision storyline (??) Is utter garbage anyway.. I was finding myself FFing through Bope scenes because of it, along with just about every other scene..
Im just glad Im not watching the crap anymore and aggrivating my carpul tunnel.
Galen is 38 and Kristian is 45; not that big of an age difference. Remember Hope and Patrick?

Mason
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 28 2009, 02:46 PM
Mason
Jan 28 2009, 02:45 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepthat old!
Yes she is. She is in the quintessential cougar age range! At least for me.
Not old enough to be Rafe's mother, though!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 02:47 PM
Amello
Jan 28 2009, 02:46 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepthat
Not old enough to be Rafe's mother, though!
Yeah true. To Rafe she wouldn't be at all.
Quote Post Goto Top

FanODays

See I am thinking that it will be Hope and Daniel next...........just kidding.

Mason
Member Avatar

FanODays
Jan 28 2009, 03:07 PM
See I am thinking that it will be Hope and Daniel next...........just kidding.
Who knows, it might be. I'm beginning to think Higley just pulls a random character's name out of a hat whenever she gets itching to pair Daniel up with someone new.

King
Member Avatar

This Bope storyline is the worst and weakest storyline on DAYS right now.

But I love the rest.

Still better than Vin Ramsel and Goop though. LOL!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm just glad they are finally giving Steve and Kayla something to do..They've been wasted too long..And if they are going to use part of the budget to keep them on the show, they might as well use them..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply