Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Hope Shoots Kayla!; Feb 10th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Jan 28 2009, 11:55 AM (3,612 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Jan 28 2009, 03:37 PM
I'm just glad they are finally giving Steve and Kayla something to do..They've been wasted too long..And if they are going to use part of the budget to keep them on the show, they might as well use them..
I have a feeling they're just going right back to the background, after this. This seems to be all about Bo/Hope.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Jan 28 2009, 03:35 PM
Still better than Vin Ramsel and Goop though. LOL!
Unfortunately, that's not saying very much to its credit.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 03:42 PM
Kevc1980
I'm just glad they are finally giving Steve and Kayla something to do..They've been wasted too long..And if they are going to use part of the budget to keep them on the show, they might as well use them..
I have a feeling they're just going right back to the background, after this. This seems to be all about Bo/Hope.
That is what it sounds like from what I have read. There are rumors going on around that SN & MBE may be the next to be fired and it could even be this week.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^There are rumors that we should be hearing about more firings this week.

I don't know about SN and MBE. They've been on every to be fired list for at least a year now and they go nowhere. I wonder if they will keep them and use them whenever like they have been doing. There was a blind item about an actor no longer making a big stink about lack of story and I wondered if it was Thaoo or SN. If that is the case, maybe they will both stick around or maybe the show will only keep one of them again. I think they will go back to the background after this though.

I have a feeling Thaoo will be gone for sure and that means LeAnn too, who we never see anyway. I also think this may be it for Josh Taylor too. They have never used him less them they do now and I really think they will at least drop him to recurring.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 28 2009, 03:55 PM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 28 2009, 03:43 PM
Mason

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
That is what it sounds like from what I have read. There are rumors going on around that SN & MBE may be the next to be fired and it could even be this week.
I would be okay with them being let go..But rather they just let go of Thaao first...I don't think he's needed at all..Especially if they aren't using Leann..

King
Member Avatar

I really wouldn't mind seeing Payla go.

Honestly, it should have been Payla before J&M or Shelle....strictly from a storyline/show stand-point. Not sure about the finances or how they play into it, but...

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So, Kayla and Steve are props to Bo/Hope- and of course they'll be "involved" when Stephanie comes crying and Phillip is there for her (or not 'cause of Melanie). Whatever. I didn't watch in the 80's and have no connection to either one.

I kind of want to watch the conflict between Bo/Hope only to see if the acting saves it. Well, also to see how bad the dialogue is. If they play it right it could become that kind of stupid-ridiculous that's really, really entertaining after a long day of work.

daysfan
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 28 2009, 03:52 PM

I don't know about SN and MBE. They've been on every to be fired list for at least a year now and they go nowhere. I wonder if they will keep them and use them whenever like they have been doing. There was a blind item about an actor no longer making a big stink about lack of story and I wondered if it was Thaoo or SN. If that is the case, maybe they will both stick around or maybe the show will only keep one of them again.

I have a feeling Thaoo will be gone for sure and that means LeAnn too, who we never see anyway. I also think this may be it for Josh Taylor too. They have never used him less them they do now and I really think they will at least drop him to recurring.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if MBE and SN stay. I expect them to float into the background once again after this is all said and done(and it sounds okay), but I at least can't see MBE leaving. Just because they seem to like using her as a doctor, and if SC goes as rumored and with Lexie so rarely at the hospital now, they'd need a local doctor.

As for Thaao and LeAnn....meh, I love them both, but it honestly wouldn't make a difference to me. They are on so rarely(LeAnn's never even on at all), and I actually wouldn't be surprised at Josh Taylor leaving either. I mean, all this month, we've only seen him standing at the hospital when J&M left....he does nothing.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

daysfan
Jan 28 2009, 03:58 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 28 2009, 03:52 PM

I don't know about SN and MBE. They've been on every to be fired list for at least a year now and they go nowhere. I wonder if they will keep them and use them whenever like they have been doing. There was a blind item about an actor no longer making a big stink about lack of story and I wondered if it was Thaoo or SN. If that is the case, maybe they will both stick around or maybe the show will only keep one of them again.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if MBE and SN stay. I expect them to float into the background once again after this is all said and done(and it sounds okay), but I at least can't see MBE leaving. Just because they seem to like using her as a doctor, and if SC goes as rumored and with Lexie so rarely at the hospital now, they'd need a local doctor.

As for Thaao and LeAnn....meh, I love them both, but it honestly wouldn't make a difference to me. They are on so rarely(LeAnn's never even on at all), and I actually wouldn't be surprised at Josh Taylor leaving either. I mean, all this month, we've only seen him standing at the hospital when J&M left....he does nothing.
The use of MBE recently makes me think they may get rid of Steve and leave her again, which would be a slap in the face to another fanbase.

If they insist on saying goodbye and moving on from the era of these supercouples, they really should satisfy their fans with a proper ending. It just makes sense business-wise but this is Days we are talking about LOL.

Mason
Member Avatar

aimees76
Jan 28 2009, 04:02 PM
I know, totally. Like sometimes I have poo poo in my pants and my boyfriend asks me if I farted. And I just laugh and sit there in it. It must be all of those nachos I eat. I know you fat hogs know what I'm talking about.
Sitting on yer big ol seats eating nachps and watching stupid randomness while absorbing cathode rays. Anyhoo, TATA.
W.....T......F? :huh1:

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
daysfan
Jan 28 2009, 03:58 PM

The use of MBE recently makes me think they may get rid of Steve and leave her again, which would be a slap in the face to another fanbase.

If they insist on saying goodbye and moving on from the era of these supercouples, they really should satisfy their fans with a proper ending. It just makes sense business-wise but this is Days we are talking about LOL.
Didnīt Corday promissed a story for Stayla where Kayla is in danger and Steveīs love has to rescue her again? That doesnīt sound like this, Steve is not even an active part of this story, so maybe the things are not over yet.

And yes, I always thought that will be the final hurrah for them.

Ives
Member Avatar

Mason
Kevc1980
I am pretty sure that your feeling will turn out to be true.

Because you know it is pretty hard to write for two characters with years of blank history with tons of ties to the show's canvas and who are portrayed by talented actors. Oops, forgot to mention that those actors will stick up for their characters when they feel there are material issues.

But I am glad if Bo and Hope get some meaty stuff to work with. And I love whenever the four of them, mixed any which way, are on my screen.
Edited by Ives, Jan 28 2009, 04:17 PM.

squee
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 03:09 PM
I'm beginning to think Higley just pulls a random character's name out of a hat whenever she gets itching to pair Daniel up with someone new.
I don't think it's a hat she pulls those names out of :tounge:

Mason
Member Avatar

squee
Jan 28 2009, 04:12 PM
Mason
Jan 28 2009, 03:09 PM
I'm beginning to think Higley just pulls a random character's name out of a hat whenever she gets itching to pair Daniel up with someone new.
I don't think it's a hat she pulls those names out of :tounge:
Well, it can't be her ass, because that's where she gets her stories, LoL.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Just for future reference, all posts regarding spicy nachos and soiling one's underpants would be a better fit in the Random Thoughts thread, LoL.

Thanks!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Jan 28 2009, 04:12 PM
PhoenixRising05

Didnīt Corday promissed a story for Stayla where Kayla is in danger and Steveīs love has to rescue her again? That doesnīt sound like this, Steve is not even an active part of this story, so maybe the things are not over yet.

And yes, I always thought that will be the final hurrah for them.
Actually, I think is it. This is Kayla in danger and Steve's love will help her survive. I don't think there is anything else, especially since most of the time 2009 previews usually all happen within the first two months of the year.

There is alot they can do with Steve and Kayla with the show it it's current form. There is still some blank spots in Steve's past. They can involve them more in their daughter's life and maybe deal with the fact that their daughter is dating Victor's son. There is opportunity there and you don't even need to give them alot of screentime. Just make them active.

Oh and WTF was that post above about? :laugh:
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 28 2009, 04:18 PM.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

LMAO Kenny!

I don't think they will just rid of SN. If they go I think they will leave together.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 28 2009, 04:16 PM
Just for future reference, all posts regarding spicy nachos and soiling one's underpants would be a better fit in the Random Thoughts thread, LoL.
LMAO.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I bet you never thought you would have to post something like that, Kenny :laugh: .

Ives
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 28 2009, 04:18 PM

There is alot they can do with Steve and Kayla with the show it it's current form. There is still some blank spots in Steve's past. They can involve them more in their daughter's life and maybe deal with the fact that their daughter is dating Victor's son. There is opportunity there and you don't even need to give them alot of screentime. Just make them active.

There are blanks spots for both Steve and Kayla. There is so much that never got explored as far as a couple coming back together after being apart for 16 years. Although it should have been explored earlier, it is still a possibility now. Let some nice male doctor from Kayla's CA days come up to Salem - Steve can go through some self-doubt about Kayla's professional standing vis a vis his own. Or maybe something Steve did in his Dimera days comes back to haunt him and some other people in Salem.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply