Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Hope Shoots Kayla!; Feb 10th issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: Jan 28 2009, 11:55 AM (3,608 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ives
Jan 28 2009, 04:32 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 28 2009, 04:18 PM

There is alot they can do with Steve and Kayla with the show it it's current form. There is still some blank spots in Steve's past. They can involve them more in their daughter's life and maybe deal with the fact that their daughter is dating Victor's son. There is opportunity there and you don't even need to give them alot of screentime. Just make them active.

There are blanks spots for both Steve and Kayla. There is so much that never got explored as far as a couple coming back together after being apart for 16 years. Although it should have been explored earlier, it is still a possibility now. Let some nice male doctor from Kayla's CA days come up to Salem - Steve can go through some self-doubt about Kayla's professional standing vis a vis his own. Or maybe something Steve did in his Dimera days comes back to haunt him and some other people in Salem.
I like that but I just wonder if they are past the point of bringing some man from Kayla's life in LA in. I think it just may be too late for that but anything to give them something.

There is stuff they can do. This is assuming Days wants to keep them around. After Corday threw them under the bus in early 2007 in SOD, I thought they didn't but they've kept them around since then so who knows.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pnelsen

The whole problem with this show is the writing. It is dreadful. I have been watching this show off and on for 25 years. This is the worst I have seen it. At least when Marlena was a killer, and when she was excoricisd, it was campy and entertaining. Now, it is full of unlikeable people. Weak, mean people. I'm not rooting for Nicole, she is a terrible person. She lied to a young girl, and steals sami's baby. I agree with Victor on Nicole. Victor at least tells it like it is. Sami has been ruined. She would have had a conniving plan all ready when she delivered this baby. She should have all her children taken away from her.(come to think of it; she has) She is an awful mother.....and she has 4 kids???? Yikes. Lucas? Who would want him. How old is he and his mother rules him? He does whatever mamma wants. Choloe just has sex with anyone who wants it. Weren't she and Phillip having sex just because they were buddies? Dr. Feelmeup--yuk.
This is not "Days of our Lives" anymore.

I hope mary beth evans and stephen nichols do not leave. They still have lots of story left to tell. What about the time Stephano took baby joe when they had that hospital purple gas thing? Who will bo and hope talk to? Abe and Lexie??? That's it? I do wish the soap gods would listen and get rid of Higley. She is the worst writer ever.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 01:54 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 28 2009, 01:32 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
No worries, I was actually going to respond to ladyofthelake's "naysayer" comment, but decided against it.
Well, I suppose naysayer was the wrong word. I don't know how to say what I meant without it seeming like I was saying no one could be negative, but I'll try. Despite the negative reaction, I'm going to try to keep an open mind. Is that better?
Edited by ladyofthelake, Jan 28 2009, 05:59 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

FanODays
Jan 28 2009, 03:07 PM
See I am thinking that it will be Hope and Daniel next...........just kidding.
Shet your mouth! :D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 04:04 PM
aimees76
Jan 28 2009, 04:02 PM
I know, totally. Like sometimes I have poo poo in my pants and my boyfriend asks me if I farted. And I just laugh and sit there in it. It must be all of those nachos I eat. I know you fat hogs know what I'm talking about.
Sitting on yer big ol seats eating nachps and watching stupid randomness while absorbing cathode rays. Anyhoo, TATA.
W.....T......F? :huh1:
Mason, I agree with you. Where the heck did this come from?????

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

ladyofthelake
Jan 28 2009, 05:59 PM
FanODays
Jan 28 2009, 03:07 PM
See I am thinking that it will be Hope and Daniel next...........just kidding.
Shet your mouth! :D
LOL

At this point, I'd rather see Hope and ... Roman!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jinxie
Jan 28 2009, 09:12 PM
ladyofthelake
Jan 28 2009, 05:59 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
LOL

At this point, I'd rather see Hope and ... Roman!
Hey, that almost happened back in the day!
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Yeah, I'd rather go down that road than having Daniel paired up with yet another Salem female

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jan 28 2009, 12:09 PM
So glad Daniel isn't treating Kayla. I'm shocked that they even remember Lexie's a doctor. I haven't seen her there for awhile.
I almost forgot that she was a doctor. lol

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Taelyn
Jan 28 2009, 02:42 PM
Bo and Hope breakup and *Enter Rafe* ?? Uhh I dont think so, He is young enough to be her son, and she is not the cougar type.
Let's not go there.

Kate easily passes as everybody's mother and granny and she still goes through men like underwear.
Edited by KristianFanForever, Jan 29 2009, 07:37 AM.

peaches179

KristianFanForever
Jan 29 2009, 05:37 AM
Taelyn
Jan 28 2009, 02:42 PM
Bo and Hope breakup and *Enter Rafe* ?? Uhh I dont think so, He is young enough to be her son, and she is not the cougar type.
Let's not go there.

Kate easily passes as everybody's mother and granny and she's still goes through men like underwear.

LOL! I agree. But Lauren is gorgeous.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

peaches179
Jan 29 2009, 06:58 AM
But Lauren is gorgeous.
So is Kristian.
Edited by KristianFanForever, Jan 29 2009, 11:49 AM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Hope did hookup with Patrick before. If I remember correctly, he didn't exactly fit her age group. So, I highly doubt the age difference would be a huge factor for Hope and Rafe if they started getting close.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 28 2009, 11:55 AM
This week's SOD and SOW both contain articles about the Hope/Kayla story. SOD features an interview with Kristian Alfonso, and SOW features an interview with Peter Reckell.

Bo continues to have visions, but he doesn't share these with Hope. However, Hope can tell that something is bothering Bo.

Kayla and Daniel are treating the killer at the hospital. Kayla realizes who he is, and she calls Hope, who calls Bo and leaves a message for him about what's going on. As Reckell explains, Bo "hightails it there as fast as he can, because something might be going down." On his way to the hospital, Bo runs into Steve, who comes with him.

When they arrive at the hospital, the killer is about to shoot Hope. Hope picks up her gun, but then the killer puts Kayla in the line of fire, so Hope ends up shooting Kayla.

Lexie rushes Kayla into surgery, while Bo and Steve take down the killer. Meanwhile, Hope is beside herself and blames herself for what has happened. Bo comforts her and tells her it's not her fault, but then as Alfonso puts it, "the light goes off in Hope's head". Hope realizes that Bo knew what was going to happen.

Hope is furious at Bo for not having told her, and then when Hope realizes that Bo told Steve and not her, she's even more upset. Bo then tries to defend himself; as Alfonso explains, "[Bo] says, 'How many times did I tell you to stay away from Kayla?' and [Hope] says, 'How many times did I ask you why?'"

Kayla pulls through her surgery, but Bo and Hope are still upset at each other. "This bodes bad things for the two of them," says Reckell. And as SOW explains, things get even worse: Hope is investigated by Internal Affairs because of the shooting, and "it promises to challenge Bo and Hope's relationship in the weeks ahead."

LOL another story about Bo and Hope lying to each other. How original.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

daysfan
Jan 28 2009, 03:58 PM

and I actually wouldn't be surprised at Josh Taylor leaving either. I mean, all this month, we've only seen him standing at the hospital when J&M left....he does nothing.
Josh Taylor is going nowhere. He will be the last character standing.

wkline
Member Avatar

Yeah, that's Corday's golf buddy!! He wouldn't get rid of Josh!! :eyeroll:

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

The SPD have an Internal Affairs office and Bo and Roman never got fired?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply