Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumor/Spec Ari Leaving Days?
Topic Started: Jan 28 2009, 04:33 PM (6,567 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

From Soaps.com:

*We interviewed Taylor Spreitler (Mia) (interview to come) and she let us know she is on contract. A note about contracts for those who were asking. They do not always mean the actor will be around for a long time. Sometimes the are drawn up for a few months or years. When a storyline dries up,sometimes, so does the contract. As well, one can have a contract for 2 years and be let go before that time, for whatever reason. This has nothing to do with Taylor's contract. This was addressed due to a few emails we've had.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sarah
Member Avatar

jcar03
Jan 28 2009, 04:59 PM
Before everyone gets all crazy, I don't see how this source is even legit. It's some facebook group.
it's the real dad who played mia baby girl it's 100 % true is the real dad! also spoke to him few times
Edited by Sarah, Jan 28 2009, 05:03 PM.

jcar03
Member Avatar

snoenk
Jan 28 2009, 05:03 PM
jcar03
Jan 28 2009, 04:59 PM
Before everyone gets all crazy, I don't see how this source is even legit. It's some facebook group.
it's the real dad who played mia baby girl it's 100 % true is the real dad! also spoke to him few times
Guess what ANYONE can CLAIM to be someone.

Sarah
Member Avatar

jcar03
Jan 28 2009, 05:06 PM
snoenk
Jan 28 2009, 05:03 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Guess what ANYONE can CLAIM to be someone.
and have a lot pictures of the twins and know which airdates they air!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jan 28 2009, 05:02 PM
From Soaps.com:

*We interviewed Taylor Spreitler (Mia) (interview to come) and she let us know she is on contract. A note about contracts for those who were asking. They do not always mean the actor will be around for a long time. Sometimes the are drawn up for a few months or years. When a storyline dries up,sometimes, so does the contract. As well, one can have a contract for 2 years and be let go before that time, for whatever reason. This has nothing to do with Taylor's contract. This was addressed due to a few emails we've had.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/
I read that it is better to put them on contract even if they are short term if they are going to be in a storyline that requires them to be available to shoot on a schedule - if they are not on contract they could be busy or not available and that would be costly to have to schedule around them!

Contracts don't really protect the actor as much as they protect the production.

brimike

snoenk
Jan 28 2009, 05:08 PM
jcar03
Jan 28 2009, 05:06 PM

and have a lot pictures of the twins and know which airdates they air!
I believe this is definitely the parents of the twins - but remember, they're getting third hand information through their agency. I wouldn't put too much stock in it just yet. Even the original post said they weren't sure.

Ponz
Member Avatar

The source looks legit but I suspect he's got the details wrong.

Sarah
Member Avatar

brimike
Jan 28 2009, 05:13 PM
snoenk

I believe this is definitely the parents of the twins - but remember, they're getting third hand information through their agency. I wouldn't put too much stock in it just yet. Even the original post said they weren't sure.
yah l know need to wait from days by them self!

jane1978

I think the agent who made the post doesnīt know much about the show so he switched Allie/Johnny with Mia/Samiīs babies. Otherwise it doesnīt make even slightest sense. We saw the babies today, they are todlers. They donīt need any acting abilities or anything to be praised for like the post claims, they just exists.

On the other side, Allie/Johhny were just slighty sorased and yes, the original kids playing them had to be atleast a little focused and understand where they are, so I think the agent is talking about them. It even makes sense timewise, because the footfight scene from the Pub were taped on January 5 and thatīs the first time we saw the older kids.

As for Ari leaving, never say never, but I would be shocked. She seems totaly into it, and she is the leading star of the show right now. I quess itīs still possible if the show approached her with some drastic budget cut demand and she refused, but I doubt it.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

brimike
snoenk

Exactly.

esp13
Member Avatar

I have no idea what's going on, but if Ari is leaving, that would mean that the babyswitch would be wrapped up with the big reveal, meaning that Mia would likely be getting her baby back. Assuming Mia isn't sticking around, the babies would no longer be needed. So, I think that it is possible that the babies would not be needed if Ari was leaving.

Not that I think that's happening, just that it's possible.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

The most reasonable scenario is that it is the actress that plays Mia and she's leaving with her baby. I, however, will not be surprised whomever is leaving being that we're talking about Days here.

The upside is, whoever it is, this sounds like this gosh awful baby switch story is coming to a conclusion!!

cjknick
Member Avatar

Ponz
The source looks legit but I suspect he's got the details wrong.
I think you are correct ....

It's interesting though - if he is sort of correct and an actor is leaving - the actor's involved with this s/l are:
Ari, Ali, James, Rafe and Taylor.

I suppose if either Ari or Taylor is leaving - the baby could leave with either one of them. Mia as the real mom or Nicole as the adopted mom who got caught swapping babies ... Mia makes the most sense.

An actress leaving as the reason to age the babies doesn't make sense!

I have seen rumors that we will be hearing about cast cuts again by the weekend or early next week! So this person spilling the beans seems to fit the time line ... I sure hope it's just the girl who plays Mia!
Edited by cjknick, Jan 28 2009, 05:25 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

If it's Mia who's leaving the show, I just want to know why on earth they signed her to a contract like three or four days ago only to let her go now.

What special brand of pot is Corday puffing on this time?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Jan 28 2009, 05:16 PM
I think the agent who made the post doesnīt know much about the show so he switched Allie/Johnny with Mia/Samiīs babies. Otherwise it doesnīt make even slightest sense. We saw the babies today, they are todlers. They donīt need any acting abilities or anything to be praised for like the post claims, they just exists.

On the other side, Allie/Johhny were just slighty sorased and yes, the original kids playing them had to be atleast a little focused and understand where they are, so I think the agent is talking about them. It even makes sense timewise, because the footfight scene from the Pub were taped on January 5 and thatīs the first time we saw the older kids.

As for Ari leaving, never say never, but I would be shocked. She seems totaly into it, and she is the leading star of the show right now. I quess itīs still possible if the show approached her with some drastic budget cut demand and she refused, but I doubt it.
I agree.

I have to wonder if maybe this has to do with Johnny and Alli since they were just recast.

It makes no sense to age newborns. Absolutely none. I know Days can be incompetent but come on. Even if Ari was leaving, I don't see how that would mean aging the babies.

As for Ari, I don't buy it. James Scott or even Ali Sweeney, sure. But Ari seems so happy right now. She is leading the A story and getting major accolades. She just returned to the show less then a year ago and says she is glad she came back because she loves it. She loves working with Eric Martsolf. That interview we just read with her seemed genuine. I doubt she is going and I doubt the show would let her go. Everyone seems to like her and she's been frontburner for months and ratings have been good with her leading the A story.

I think it's likely something got misinterpreted.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jan 28 2009, 05:24 PM
If it's Mia who's leaving the show, I just want to know why on earth they signed her to a contract like three or four days ago only to let her go now.

What special brand of pot is Corday puffing on this time?
I don't think we should be surprised LOL.

If it is her, and I would be disappointed because I like her, I can think of two valid reasons why. She has done primetime and other things so maybe they knew she was in demand and they didn't want to recast so they have her a contract to prevent her leaving until they no longer needed her. Or maybe it has to do with her age. She's 15 so maybe her parents complained about the story or maybe she felt uncomfortable. I know that sounds weird given she's been around for a few weeks but maybe she didn't know it would go on this long or what it would entail.

cjknick
Member Avatar

jane1978

It doesn't look like it was the agent posting ,,,, Chris Vose looks to be the father of the twins and he knows the Air dates and everything ... pics of the twins the whole nine yards! So I think the face book looks ligit! All he knows is that his twins won't be filming any more episodes for Days - his reasons however could be wrong!
Edited by cjknick, Jan 28 2009, 05:29 PM.

jane1978

JANALH
Jan 28 2009, 05:19 PM
The most reasonable scenario is that it is the actress that plays Mia and she's leaving with her baby. I, however, will not be surprised whomever is leaving being that we're talking about Days here.

The upside is, whoever it is, this sounds like this gosh awful baby switch story is coming to a conclusion!!
No way. Ali is not even back to tape again. No way they are ending the story that soon. Beside Mia cannot take her baby back because her baby is still with Sami. She doesnīt know about the switch and she never saw the baby so she would want back the child Nicol has - Samiīs baby.

I agree with Ponz itīs just a misunderstanding. I think they donīt need the twins anymore because the awww period is done, EJ, Stefano and everybody else already had their bonding scenes and the show will get back to the empty blanket again.

jane1978

cjknick
Jan 28 2009, 05:28 PM
jane1978

It doesn't look like it was the agent posting ,,,, Chris Vose looks to be the father of the twins and he knows the Air dates and everything ... pics of the twins the whole nine yards! So I think the face book looks ligit! All he knows is that his twins won't be filming any more episodes for Days - his reasons however could be wrong!
Yeah, you are right. I didnīt check the link before, this look like someone directly connected with the twins. Still, itīs just a hearsay and even the agent wasnīt sure. I really seriously doubt anyone involved in the story is leaving (except Ali on her maternity leave) and the story is ending.

cjknick
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jan 28 2009, 05:28 PM
JANALH
Jan 28 2009, 05:19 PM

No way. Ali is not even back to tape again. No way they are ending the story that soon. Beside Mia cannot take her baby back because her baby is still with Sami. She doesnīt know about the switch and she never saw the baby so she would want back the child Nicol has - Samiīs baby.

I agree with Ponz itīs just a misunderstanding. I think they donīt need the twins anymore because the awww period is done, EJ, Stefano and everybody else already had their bonding scenes and the show will get back to the empty blanket again.

EJ seems to be catching on sooner than I thought he would apparently he notices a birthmark or something and there are spoilers saying Sami is returning home... Also it says that Nicole's plans are unraveling fast ... Ali apparently is only taking a 2 week ML!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply