Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumor/Spec Ari Leaving Days?
Topic Started: Jan 28 2009, 04:33 PM (6,400 Views)
siamesecougar
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jan 29 2009, 12:20 AM
Maybe this is the twist that AZ said in that interview....that Sami's kid dies? (I doubt that it'll happen...she has the golden halo!)
Sami never pays for anything...she thinks this kid's a mistake and it lives...while Nicole couldnt get pregnant, got pregnant and her kid dies.
Liz
Actually, there is another scenario they can use until the reveal and on past the reveal.

If Nicole ends up with another dead baby and Sami has Mia's, Mia won't know about Nicole's switch out. EJ and Nicole will be grieving a lost baby and noone but Nicole knows the difference.

Mia could reenter the picture when she finds out her baby, who she believes is with Nicole and EJ, died and she just might show up at the funeral.

Will Nicole realize she goofed up and try to get Mia's baby from Sami?

Things are going to get sticky if Mia finds out Nicole switched the babies, if Nicole was able to pull off the switch.

Nicole was at the clinic in the promos for next days trying to find out about Sami's baby and if she hears the baby has problems, will she go ahead and do a switch.

If Nicole succeeds in making the switch and it is Sami's baby that dies or nearly dies, Nicole will realize she messed up again and should have taken Mia's baby and not tampered with the whole switch.

Nicole's knowledge that Mia's baby is healthy and with Sami will eat Nicole alive.

She could probably try to hatch another seat of the pants plot to get Mia's baby back, but she will have to do some heavy explaining to EJ, so Nicole is going to lose out in any way that matters. Nicole could always use the old adopt a baby.

Nicole will also have had it with Sami always winning and have a really big mess on her hands just when she thought she had everything.

I can see Nicole making a visit to Sami if Sami's baby does die and letting Sami know the truth that Sami's kid died and Sami has someone elses baby to torture Sami. Nicole could think she could threaten Sami somehow and get her to turn over the baby to Nicole to conveniently adopt.

No baby and EJ was always mentioning the baby first and then Nicole. He talked himself into loving Nicole out of duty. EJ's love for Nicole might begin to lessen day by day since he makes himself fall in love with the mother of his kids.

So EJ ends up grieving with Nicole thinking it was their baby.

Sami is still going to have to hide her baby from EJ because she won't know about the switch until Nicole blabs for revenge.

In other words, whatever path they take especially if Sami's baby dies is going to end up a tortured mess for Nicole and Sami.

Sami wins though if she gets to keep Mia's baby with no worries about the DiMera's.

But Mia might show up and want her kid back if she finds out that Nicole lied.

Delicious contradictions, angst, and drama, if Days writers work it all out right and doesn't mess it up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

siamesecougar
Jan 29 2009, 04:26 AM
Liz<3Days
Jan 29 2009, 12:20 AM
Maybe this is the twist that AZ said in that interview....that Sami's kid dies? (I doubt that it'll happen...she has the golden halo!)
Sami never pays for anything...she thinks this kid's a mistake and it lives...while Nicole couldnt get pregnant, got pregnant and her kid dies.
Liz
Actually, there is another scenario they can use until the reveal and on past the reveal.

If Nicole ends up with another dead baby and Sami has Mia's, Mia won't know about Nicole's switch out. EJ and Nicole will be grieving a lost baby and noone but Nicole knows the difference.

Mia could reenter the picture when she finds out her baby, who she believes is with Nicole and EJ, died and she just might show up at the funeral.

Will Nicole realize she goofed up and try to get Mia's baby from Sami?

Things are going to get sticky if Mia finds out Nicole switched the babies, if Nicole was able to pull off the switch.

Nicole was at the clinic in the promos for next days trying to find out about Sami's baby and if she hears the baby has problems, will she go ahead and do a switch.

If Nicole succeeds in making the switch and it is Sami's baby that dies or nearly dies, Nicole will realize she messed up again and should have taken Mia's baby and not tampered with the whole switch.

Nicole's knowledge that Mia's baby is healthy and with Sami will eat Nicole alive.

She could probably try to hatch another seat of the pants plot to get Mia's baby back, but she will have to do some heavy explaining to EJ, so Nicole is going to lose out in any way that matters. Nicole could always use the old adopt a baby.

Nicole will also have had it with Sami always winning and have a really big mess on her hands just when she thought she had everything.

I can see Nicole making a visit to Sami if Sami's baby does die and letting Sami know the truth that Sami's kid died and Sami has someone elses baby to torture Sami. Nicole could think she could threaten Sami somehow and get her to turn over the baby to Nicole to conveniently adopt.

No baby and EJ was always mentioning the baby first and then Nicole. He talked himself into loving Nicole out of duty. EJ's love for Nicole might begin to lessen day by day since he makes himself fall in love with the mother of his kids.

So EJ ends up grieving with Nicole thinking it was their baby.

Sami is still going to have to hide her baby from EJ because she won't know about the switch until Nicole blabs for revenge.

In other words, whatever path they take especially if Sami's baby dies is going to end up a tortured mess for Nicole and Sami.

Sami wins though if she gets to keep Mia's baby with no worries about the DiMera's.

But Mia might show up and want her kid back if she finds out that Nicole lied.

Delicious contradictions, angst, and drama, if Days writers work it all out right and doesn't mess it up.
The only problem is...........again, it would be too much like One Life to Live, in which Jessica had a baby who died. Jessica's alter switched the dead baby with Starr Manning's baby, whom Marcie was going to adopt. They had a funeral and everything. Now, Jessica's in the pysch ward and her sister is taking care of the baby, who is really Starr's, and getting attached to her AND is on the outs with her sister, who tried to kill her. So, it'll probably end up as a four-way custody battle when all is said and done.

I love your scenario, don't get me wrong. But, it just seems to me that Dena tends to nab some of her ideas from her old place of employment. I guess I might be over-analyzing this, though. It will be interesting to see how they resolve this.

dooldooldool

Nicole = Not Leaving
Sami = Not Leaving
Mia = Not Leaving

The person leaving is James Scott.

siamesecougar
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Jan 29 2009, 06:50 AM
siamesecougar
Jan 29 2009, 04:26 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
The only problem is...........again, it would be too much like One Life to Live, in which Jessica had a baby who died. Jessica's alter switched the dead baby with Starr Manning's baby, whom Marcie was going to adopt. They had a funeral and everything. Now, Jessica's in the pysch ward and her sister is taking care of the baby, who is really Starr's, and getting attached to her AND is on the outs with her sister, who tried to kill her. So, it'll probably end up as a four-way custody battle when all is said and done.

I love your scenario, don't get me wrong. But, it just seems to me that Dena tends to nab some of her ideas from her old place of employment. I guess I might be over-analyzing this, though. It will be interesting to see how they resolve this.
I've been noticing a lot of parallel storylines in Days since I have been watching OLTL and it would be so natural for Higley to borrow what worked for OLTL and doctor it up around Days characters.

James Scott leaving could be the news, especially if his contract negotiations came to a impass and they let him go. That almost happened to the guy who plays Phillip until something changed.

OLTL took over the injured marine story and altered it when they hired she who played Mimi on Days and gave her a real original name of Gigi. That was too unoriginal, but it is working.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Yeah, I've been watching the SL on OLTL and gotta say that twist caught me off guard. (I guess because they really moved up Jessica's due date and its been well written.)
I dont think the writers here are going too deep in their SLs. I think the birthmark somehow plays into the reveal...and Sami's baby wont die (its SAMI) and Mia will come back and want her baby back...and she know what Nicole did, so she has the ammo to bring her down.
Liz

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

dooldooldool
Jan 29 2009, 10:00 PM
Nicole = Not Leaving
Sami = Not Leaving
Mia = Not Leaving

The person leaving is James Scott.

Do you have a source for this or is it just speculation?

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Looks to me that Days is grooming Ari to be the leading lady so I don't think she would leave this and to my way of thinking it's mister highness himself who said he was not in for soap acting for long, James Scott. Actually, I think James Scott should be the movie James Bond....drool. He has no business playing this depraved character.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

I'm really angry with Dena yet again. A baby deprived of oxygen as long as Sami's baby was would have brain damage. It's too awful to give her a deliberately brain damaged child and I'm still angry with Dena for making Theo autistic. Give them afflictions when they are grown and can deal with them like Philip with his prothethis.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

siamesecougar
Jan 29 2009, 11:02 PM
ladyofthelake
Jan 29 2009, 06:50 AM

I've been noticing a lot of parallel storylines in Days since I have been watching OLTL and it would be so natural for Higley to borrow what worked for OLTL and doctor it up around Days characters.

James Scott leaving could be the news, especially if his contract negotiations came to a impass and they let him go. That almost happened to the guy who plays Phillip until something changed.

OLTL took over the injured marine story and altered it when they hired she who played Mimi on Days and gave her a real original name of Gigi. That was too unoriginal, but it is working.

One Life didn't have an injured Marine. There was a Navy Seal-Brody-who had post traumatic stress disorder when he thought he shot a boy, thus injuring Rex in a delusion. Even if RC did "borrow" from Days, he did it a lot more creatively than Dena Higley "borrows" from One Life and he develops the story better.
Yes, Gigi's name is a little too similar to Mimi's, but there the similarities end, except for maybe the keeping of a secret, which came out in a better way, too!

lucaluca

I would be very surprised if AZ was leaving/has been let go. She is featured virtually every week in either SOD or SOW. She has the main story right now and I just can't see how anyone getting so much press is going to be leaving unless it's her decision. Will be interesting to see what the real story is on this...

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

You know I've been thinking about this alot over the last couple of days. I agree with alot of you who say that AZ is the "A" star on the show right now. But, my thoughts are, with this current storyline playing out like it is, the writers sure are writing her in a corner. That's the only thing that a think would lend credence to this rumor. I'm not sure how they can bring her back from this. I'm not saying that some good writers couldn't, but, as we all know, Days is not fortunate enough to have good writers.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

JANALH
Jan 30 2009, 09:23 AM
You know I've been thinking about this alot over the last couple of days. I agree with alot of you who say that AZ is the "A" star on the show right now. But, my thoughts are, with this current storyline playing out like it is, the writers sure are writing her in a corner. That's the only thing that a think would lend credence to this rumor. I'm not sure how they can bring her back from this. I'm not saying that some good writers couldn't, but, as we all know, Days is not fortunate enough to have good writers.
I donīt think they are writing her into a corner. She will have a huge fall, sure, but nothing she canīt shake off. I mean, this the same woman who paid a crazy teen to murder her own husband. They are already making sure she has someone to lean on after the truth is out and I think as long as Higley is there they will never write her completely unsympathetic or loony.

The only thing which is written into a corner is her relationship with EJ.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I don't see how either Nicole or her relationship with EJ are in a permanent corner. Yes, what Nicole is doing is awful. But many would have thought EJ could not be redeemed after his numerous felonies and his psychopathic behavior. But after a quick conversation with God and a subsequent five-minute half-assed retconned whitewash of a non-apology, he was having a (very brief) sexual relationship with the woman who claimed he had raped her and who, whatever you thought of 12/29, was definitely guilty of trying to murder half her family, including the man she repeatedly said was her true love--though, apparently the show wants us to forget that since Sami herself as far as I know never learned that EJ locked Lucas into the freezer truck.

Sami's still on canvas after trying to sell her baby sister on the black market, raping Austin, blackmailing Lexie to lie to her own sister, and numberless other peccadilloes. Some people still desperately want her romantically with the man who she's sworn to keep his child from forever.

So, I don't see how Nicole has been written into a corner. Apparently, on this show, anyone can come back from anything.

Ponz
Member Avatar

^^Great post, Paxton!

cjknick
Member Avatar

I am going to be honest - if any actor has any opportunity outside of Days to make a living - TAKE IT! DOOL is not a stable gig! Let's face it if they fired D&D it is not a Stable gig. Get out while you can and make a living! Staying with Days would be a stupid move! So if James gets an offer to make money at a different gig be it acting or just in private business I say Run James Run! And that goes for any actor or production person at Days for that matter.

The problem is there are some cast members that may not be marketable or Days is the only thing they have done for years and years and they are so typed cast that it would be hard to score another gig! It is for those people who need Days more than Days needs them that I feel sorry for.

So when Cast members leave like Blake, Deidre, Darin (not sure if he is leaving),- who I think can do other things in the business and out and have other projects they do I think - good for them. I know that many actors have side projects - Ali has TBL hosting gig plus many charities she works with, MBE has a pie company, Ari and Kristen have their Jewlry lines, Lauren has her organic fruit company, James has his side companies and various charities he works with. James R has his theatre and charities, Nadia is going to be releasing a CD soon .... Almost all the cast members give time to charities ...
Edited by cjknick, Jan 30 2009, 11:37 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jan 30 2009, 09:51 AM
I don't see how either Nicole or her relationship with EJ are in a permanent corner. Yes, what Nicole is doing is awful. But many would have thought EJ could not be redeemed after his numerous felonies and his psychopathic behavior. But after a quick conversation with God and a subsequent five-minute half-assed retconned whitewash of a non-apology, he was having a (very brief) sexual relationship with the woman who claimed he had raped her and who, whatever you thought of 12/29, was definitely guilty of trying to murder half her family, including the man she repeatedly said was her true love--though, apparently the show wants us to forget that since Sami herself as far as I know never learned that EJ locked Lucas into the freezer truck.

Sami's still on canvas after trying to sell her baby sister on the black market, raping Austin, blackmailing Lexie to lie to her own sister, and numberless other peccadilloes. Some people still desperately want her romantically with the man who she's sworn to keep his child from forever.

So, I don't see how Nicole has been written into a corner. Apparently, on this show, anyone can come back from anything.
I have to say Paxton, that you are right!! I was thinking with a too rational head, not a soap head. If you look at most of the characters (Victor, Kate, Lucas, EJ, Sami, Nicole, etc) they have done things that would be inexcusable, but in the world of soaps we forgive and forget. I just was thinking in a more realistic mode there for awhile, but I've come to my soap senses.....Everyone is redeemable on Days!!

daisy132

Paxton

I like your post, but one thing about Nicole is that she is never permanent. She was brought on when Ali got pregnant (in real life) for the storyline they had prepared for the duration of her pregnancy and mat leave. Ari carried on the show while Sami couldn't (and did a great job, I might add). Now if my suspicions are correct and they are writing Days as Passions (Ethan/EJ, Gwen/Nicole, Theressa/Sami), then Ari might stay on until the end, and I have no doubt that Nicole and EJ will get married - how else would Victor, Lucas, and Sami's warnings come into play? Still, Nicole's character is written as someone disturbed, selfish, and to be hated by most. Most just want to see what's coming to her. She's always been that way.

Ponz
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jan 30 2009, 02:09 PM
Paxton

I like your post, but one thing about Nicole is that she is never permanent. She was brought on when Ali got pregnant (in real life) for the storyline they had prepared for the duration of her pregnancy and mat leave.
That's rubbish. Ari was approached about returning back in December 2007.

And I don't agree that Nicole is written "to be hated by most". She's irrational and slightly nuts but still has major rooting value.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Ponz
Jan 30 2009, 02:16 PM
daisy132
Jan 30 2009, 02:09 PM

That's rubbish. Ari was approached about returning back in December 2007.

And I don't agree that Nicole is written "to be hated by most". She's irrational and slightly nuts but still has major rooting value.
Nicole is still my favorite character..And i liked her scenes last week, where she said that EJ deserved to get to raise his child...She also even said Sami is a good mother as well...

jane1978

cjknick
Jan 30 2009, 11:26 AM
I am going to be honest - if any actor has any opportunity outside of Days to make a living - TAKE IT! DOOL is not a stable gig! Let's face it if they fired D&D it is not a Stable gig. Get out while you can and make a living! Staying with Days would be a stupid move! So if James gets an offer to make money at a different gig be it acting or just in private business I say Run James Run! And that goes for any actor or production person at Days for that matter.

The problem is there are some cast members that may not be marketable or Days is the only thing they have done for years and years and they are so typed cast that it would be hard to score another gig! It is for those people who need Days more than Days needs them that I feel sorry for.

So when Cast members leave like Blake, Deidre, Darin (not sure if he is leaving),- who I think can do other things in the business and out and have other projects they do I think - good for them. I know that many actors have side projects - Ali has TBL hosting gig plus many charities she works with, MBE has a pie company, Ari and Kristen have their Jewlry lines, Lauren has her organic fruit company, James has his side companies and various charities he works with. James R has his theatre and charities, Nadia is going to be releasing a CD soon .... Almost all the cast members give time to charities ...
Seriously, what acting gig is stable. As vet you are threatened by the paycuts, writers unability to write for you and networks neverending quest for younger viewers.

When you are young and/or newbie, you are threatened by the TPTB changes, longterm fans doing hate campaigns against every new characters hogging the airtime and 10 000 actors who can easily replace you if you as much as look bad at the EP.

And primetime is even worse. Look at Darin. He has a pilot on cable TV, yes. Itīs not at all sure the pilot will be picked up. And even if it is, there is really small chance it will survive beyond the initial 5 or so episodes. And even if it survives he will no doubt still make much less than on DAYS (not per episode, but overall).

I mean, there is a reason why even JKJ stayed at the end. Times are tough and the EPīs know very well the actors are shaking in their boots to not be the next.

Edited by jane1978, Jan 30 2009, 03:19 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply