Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rumor/Spec Ari Leaving Days?
Topic Started: Jan 28 2009, 04:33 PM (6,501 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jan 30 2009, 02:09 PM
Paxton
Jan 30 2009, 09:51 AM
I don't see how either Nicole or her relationship with EJ are in a permanent corner. Yes, what Nicole is doing is awful. But many would have thought EJ could not be redeemed after his numerous felonies and his psychopathic behavior. But after a quick conversation with God and a subsequent five-minute half-assed retconned whitewash of a non-apology, he was having a (very brief) sexual relationship with the woman who claimed he had raped her and who, whatever you thought of 12/29, was definitely guilty of trying to murder half her family, including the man she repeatedly said was her true love--though, apparently the show wants us to forget that since Sami herself as far as I know never learned that EJ locked Lucas into the freezer truck.

Sami's still on canvas after trying to sell her baby sister on the black market, raping Austin, blackmailing Lexie to lie to her own sister, and numberless other peccadilloes. Some people still desperately want her romantically with the man who she's sworn to keep his child from forever.

So, I don't see how Nicole has been written into a corner. Apparently, on this show, anyone can come back from anything.
I like your post, but one thing about Nicole is that she is never permanent. She was brought on when Ali got pregnant (in real life) for the storyline they had prepared for the duration of her pregnancy and mat leave. Ari carried on the show while Sami couldn't (and did a great job, I might add). Now if my suspicions are correct and they are writing Days as Passions (Ethan/EJ, Gwen/Nicole, Theressa/Sami), then Ari might stay on until the end, and I have no doubt that Nicole and EJ will get married - how else would Victor, Lucas, and Sami's warnings come into play? Still, Nicole's character is written as someone disturbed, selfish, and to be hated by most. Most just want to see what's coming to her. She's always been that way.
I don't think she was just brought on for Ali's maternity leave. I do think she was brought on with the intention of her being the "interloper" for EJAMI. Having said that, I think that Ari has created quite a stir and could fit in many other storylines given the right opportunity.

My initial thought was, that tptb had painted her in a corner. But, given that I haven't been tuning in, I was thinking more as a rational person, not as a "soap" minded person, if that makes sense. Soaps don't think like we do in the day to day world, and as Paxton said, so many of the characters on Days might seem unredeemable at some point, but have come thru it. So, I'm thinking now, she probably can come thru this. I still think tptb are writing her awful BSC at the moment and they are going to have to pull back from that IMO so that she can be redeemed.

I do also think Ari has quite a following, so I don't think she's necessarily "hated by most", surely hated by some. I personally don't like the direction they've taken with the STORY for Nicole this go around, but I've always appreciated the character of Nicole. I think Ari is a very talented actress. I'm anxious to see, if she's staying, what storyline she'll be involved in next.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jan 30 2009, 09:51 AM
I don't see how either Nicole or her relationship with EJ are in a permanent corner. Yes, what Nicole is doing is awful. But many would have thought EJ could not be redeemed after his numerous felonies and his psychopathic behavior. But after a quick conversation with God and a subsequent five-minute half-assed retconned whitewash of a non-apology, he was having a (very brief) sexual relationship with the woman who claimed he had raped her and who, whatever you thought of 12/29, was definitely guilty of trying to murder half her family, including the man she repeatedly said was her true love--though, apparently the show wants us to forget that since Sami herself as far as I know never learned that EJ locked Lucas into the freezer truck.

Sami's still on canvas after trying to sell her baby sister on the black market, raping Austin, blackmailing Lexie to lie to her own sister, and numberless other peccadilloes. Some people still desperately want her romantically with the man who she's sworn to keep his child from forever.

So, I don't see how Nicole has been written into a corner. Apparently, on this show, anyone can come back from anything.
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :smooch: :smooch: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Alligato
Member Avatar

JANALH
Jan 30 2009, 03:33 PM
I don't think she was just brought on for Ali's maternity leave. I do think she was brought on with the intention of her being the "interloper" for EJAMI. Having said that, I think that Ari has created quite a stir and could fit in many other storylines given the right opportunity.

I initially got the impression she was brought back as a catalyst for EJami, as interloper...but for some reason, maybe Ari's talent or EJ/Nicole chemistry or AS's request, I think that Sami will become the interloper for Ejole...especially if she is wants to break up their wedding.

Great post, Pax! You put it perfectly.
I still haven't seen anything that Nicole has done that is worse than what EJ has done. I don't know how any of these people can be mad at the other, especially Sami. She is just as bad as the other two. I am still waiting for her to get her due for the last Carrie/Austin "she can't have your kids because they will be deformed" debacle...so it makes me laugh when I see that people want Nicole to get her due. Don't they all need to get their due? Even EJ? Is this his due?

dooldooldool

Rhiannon
Jan 29 2009, 11:38 PM
dooldooldool
Jan 29 2009, 10:00 PM
Nicole = Not Leaving
Sami = Not Leaving
Mia = Not Leaving

The person leaving is James Scott.

Do you have a source for this or is it just speculation?
Pure speculation. No contract renewal announced. Big cuts needed. Replacement love interests in place (Rafe for Samanther, Brady for Nicole). Seeming disinterest on actor's part (ie "phoning it in"). Meandering storyline (racecar turned entrepeneur turned brainwashing-black-gloved-thug turned attorney turned DiMeraApologist).

Speculation.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jan 30 2009, 05:15 PM
JANALH
Jan 30 2009, 03:33 PM

I initially got the impression she was brought back as a catalyst for EJami, as interloper...but for some reason, maybe Ari's talent or EJ/Nicole chemistry or AS's request, I think that Sami will become the interloper for Ejole...especially if she is wants to break up their wedding.

Great post, Pax! You put it perfectly.
I still haven't seen anything that Nicole has done that is worse than what EJ has done. I don't know how any of these people can be mad at the other, especially Sami. She is just as bad as the other two. I am still waiting for her to get her due for the last Carrie/Austin "she can't have your kids because they will be deformed" debacle...so it makes me laugh when I see that people want Nicole to get her due. Don't they all need to get their due? Even EJ? Is this his due?
^ :applause:
Thank You! Just when has Sami EVER paid??? EVER???

Nicole is a character that can certainly be redeemed. This past week w/her scenes w/Mia and Dr. Baker just proves that people are rooting for her...because AZ SELLS it! If it was another mediocre actress, then maybe most people hate Nicole.

Nicole ALWAYS gets her due...but she always picks herself up and tries again. She's a survivor and that's why I like her!

Acting is a profession that is always unstable....the most stable would be staying in a soap. Sure, these Days soaps have a limited shelf life but speculation is just that...we dont know what can happen the next couple of years to Days or other soaps...just look at GL...that show is the bottom of the ratings and have yet to be canceled.
Liz

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Jan 30 2009, 07:43 PM
Rhiannon

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Pure speculation. No contract renewal announced. Big cuts needed. Replacement love interests in place (Rafe for Samanther, Brady for Nicole). Seeming disinterest on actor's part (ie "phoning it in"). Meandering storyline (racecar turned entrepeneur turned brainwashing-black-gloved-thug turned attorney turned DiMeraApologist).

Speculation.
I would have agreed w/you last year..but from interviews this past couple of months, JS likes the direction of EJ. His character is getting back to his family and is not always an apologist for being in the family business.
Its not like the economy is getting better...I think he's staying...JMO!
Liz

cjknick
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Rhiannon

Speculation.
With all do respect if you have proof that James Scott is leaving then produce it please ... if you don't then it is pure speculation.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 28 2009, 04:38 PM
Why would they age the babies already? That doesn't even make sense!
Okay now they are SORAS'ing babies before they are even BORN? :unsure:

This Ari thing wouldn't surprise me either. Many more get cut and DAYS is going to be the 21st century 90210!

cassie1013

What bullshit! They shouldn't be SORAS-ing anyone.

Deleted User
Deleted User

cjknick
Jan 30 2009, 07:57 PM
dooldooldool

Pure speculation. No contract renewal announced. Big cuts needed. Replacement love interests in place (Rafe for Samanther, Brady for Nicole). Seeming disinterest on actor's part (ie "phoning it in"). Meandering storyline (racecar turned entrepeneur turned brainwashing-black-gloved-thug turned attorney turned DiMeraApologist) Speculation.
Quote:

With all do respect if you have proof that James Scott is leaving then produce it please ... if you don't then it is pure speculation.

Isnt that what she posted? That she was speculating
Quote Post Goto Top

Chelikins
Member Avatar

Ok... if they are aging the baby then wouldn't they have to age the twins??? I mean they are only just a little over a year old now.

brimike

cjknick
Jan 30 2009, 07:57 PM
dooldooldool

He/she said it was speculation twice in the post. With bold AND underlining. :D

daisy132

I for one hope that she is leaving Days. I mean, I like Ari and all, but I HATE Nicole!! I hope her storyline ends this year and she goes back to wherever she came from. But, that's just me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply