Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days actor fired from the show
Topic Started: Jan 29 2009, 09:10 AM (9,619 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

I believe Angie posted recently that she's heard lots of buzz that the show is getting rid of Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans.

Since it says that the "actor" has been fired rather than "actress," I'm guessing that they're referring to Stephen Nichols and Patch will be the one who's killed. Kayla will be the grieving widow who ends up leaving the show. Yawn. I hate the writing for this show.

I'll try to get on at 12:01 AM tonight to see if they prove my theory right.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kyrai

hoochielicious
Jan 29 2009, 10:52 AM
Kyrai
Jan 29 2009, 10:44 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
From what I gather from reading the posts and comments, the blogger promised to wait until Friday, so s/he is going to reveal at 12:01 am to keep their promise.
I kinda figured that, but thought I'd give it a shot. Maybe they can't tell who was fired, but they could tell why they're waiting. I can't imagine what difference a minute will make. It's not even the end of a month, if that matters. Seems weird unless somehow word getting out relates to unemployment or something. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Meh... they really are cruel little ....

aimees76
Member Avatar

Oh, now I just thought about Tony and Anna ... they are a supercouple that we never see ... what if it is one of them? Oh that would suck. I'm not a big fan, but the treatment has been atrocious, and that would be a final slap in the face. Well, than again, what am I talking about, this is DAYS.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Jan 29 2009, 10:46 AM
If it's a real vet, why in God's name would you KILL them off in a murder mystery? Do these people honestly not know how to write exits without butchering everything?
A murder mystery would be interesting. But you have to know how to write them.

Unfortunately, not even Henry Slesar can save this show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

To me, the only real "supercouple" left on the show is Bo and Hope, but I guess Steve and Kayla technically qualify, as well.

The fired actor sure as hell can't be Shawn Christian because there's nothing super about his pairing with Chloe. Same goes for James Scott -- none of his pairings equal "supercouple."

It has to be Peter, Kristian, Stephen or Mary Beth. My gut tells me it's the latter.

Either way, writing them out via murder is just another slap in the face to fans. John and Marlena were just written out depressingly. Can't the next supercouple exit be somewhat more uplifting and happy? I'll bet money that the murder mystery won't be worth a damn, and the killer will be someone who doesn't even make sense -- thereby ruining another character in the process. Either that, or it'll be some stupid short-term character that nobody cares about, like the mayor's killer. YAWN.

jane1978

Kyrai
Jan 29 2009, 10:56 AM
hoochielicious
Jan 29 2009, 10:52 AM

I kinda figured that, but thought I'd give it a shot. Maybe they can't tell who was fired, but they could tell why they're waiting. I can't imagine what difference a minute will make. It's not even the end of a month, if that matters. Seems weird unless somehow word getting out relates to unemployment or something. Guess I'll have to wait and see. Meh... they really are cruel little ....
Maybe the source saw the outlines for the story, but the actor doesn´t know yet. Friday is usually the "Mr. EP is asking for you upstairs" day.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 29 2009, 10:55 AM
I believe Angie posted recently that she's heard lots of buzz that the show is getting rid of Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans.

Since it says that the "actor" has been fired rather than "actress," I'm guessing that they're referring to Stephen Nichols and Patch will be the one who's killed. Kayla will be the grieving widow who ends up leaving the show. Yawn. I hate the writing for this show.

I'll try to get on at 12:01 AM tonight to see if they prove my theory right.
Ok, now this makes total sense (meaning sense in Days terms) because Dena is notorious for re-doing storylines and this is EXACTLY how Steve & Kayla's story went the first go around.

How original!! (insert sarcastic emoticon here)

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

The blog refers to not knowing what will happen to the "spouse", not just the other half of the couple. The blogger tried to keep it gender neutral, but the fact the couple is married narrows it down. Maybe it is Thaao? Thaao fans on the board, have you heard anything one way or the other?

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm just curious as to why she won't say who the actor is until 12:01 AM tonight. Has the actor not been fired just yet, or is she just trying to get everyone talking in order to get more hits tonight? LoL If so... clever!

brimike

Kenny
Jan 29 2009, 11:34 AM
I'm just curious as to why she won't say who the actor is until 12:01 AM tonight. Has the actor not been fired just yet, or is she just trying to get everyone talking in order to get more hits tonight? LoL If so... clever!
Sindacco swears that's not the case. But it all seems fishy to me. Not saying they're not correct - but if it's a case of the actor not knowing yet, how in the world does someone in the blogosphere know before the actor? And if they know, others must know too.

Whatever the reason, my curiosity is definitely piqued.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Hmm...well, rumors had been intensifying we would hear about more firings this week. There have also been rumors for awhile that there would be a death or deaths at a sweeps event so this could be it.

I'm on the fence. I keep recalling a few weeks ago where Nelson hinted at everyone being stunned by the next cuts and I think we all had this big discussion about Days killing off one half of a supercouple and keeping the spouse around on their own. Perhaps that could be happening here and, if so, I bet it's SN. He was clearly upset at the Day of Days event in November and if you go back to summer we all know how upset SN and MBE were with the Ava stuff. Then, we barely saw both of them. Recently, there was a BI that mentioned an actor no longer complaining about story and either Thaoo or SN seemed to fit. Recently, we've seen Kayla more then we have Steve and the last few times we had even seen Steve he barely said a word. I could see it happening.

On the other hand, I have been hearing that Thaoo was axed for weeks but that the show had not passed the info down to him yet. Tony and Anna COULD classify as a supercouple and it could explain why this person has no idea what would happen with the spouse as we never see Anna. Tony has been acting Andre-like so perhaps he will end up being Andre and get killed again or something.

We'll see. The show probably had no plans to let this come out before tomorrow. As Jane said, that is usually the day they let those being fired know what is going on.

daysfan
Member Avatar

brimike
Jan 29 2009, 11:36 AM
Kenny
Sindacco swears that's not the case. But it all seems fishy to me. Not saying they're not correct - but if it's a case of the actor not knowing yet, how in the world does someone in the blogosphere know before the actor? And if they know, others must know too.

Well, I remember back in 2006, how Brody Hutzler(ex-Patrick) didn't even know he was being fired until he read it in SOD, and it had been flying EVERYWHERE for awhile! So I think that really goes to show that sources can find out before actors themselves do! Which is sad in a way.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Kenny

It can happen.

I still remember Brody Hutzler learning abouy his firing from Days via SOD. He said this in his interview. People leak stuff out and, if the actor sees it, he or she may think it's just rumors or something until the EP or whoever actually tells them to their face.

That really shouldn't happen. The actor should know before us but I guess in the Internet age, the possibility of thinks leaking is all the greater. If some of the rumors are true, Days has had it in mind to ax Thaoo for weeks but they just didn't tell him yet.

I'm sure the blogger is doing it for hits but I wouldn't be surprised if the fact that the actor may not know yet or some other reasoning factors in to waiting until tonight.

darraholic
Member Avatar

No one would surprise me. I'd be pretty pissed off if they killed off Steve. Yet another horrible slap in the face to another supercouple.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

This is my opinion: it's going to be Steve & Kayla or Tony & Anna.

I think that with the budget cuts that DOOL is retooling. Basically the show is going to be about the younger characters from now on and not the vets. It's cheaper for them and will bring in the demos they want.
Edited by phloeishot, Jan 29 2009, 11:45 AM.

brimike

PhoenixRising05
Jan 29 2009, 11:41 AM
brimike

It can happen.

I still remember Brody Hutzler learning abouy his firing from Days via SOD. He said this in his interview. People leak stuff out and, if the actor sees it, he or she may think it's just rumors or something until the EP or whoever actually tells them to their face.

That really shouldn't happen. The actor should know before us but I guess in the Internet age, the possibility of thinks leaking is all the greater. If some of the rumors are true, Days has had it in mind to ax Thaoo for weeks but they just didn't tell him yet.

I'm sure the blogger is doing it for hits but I wouldn't be surprised if the fact that the actor may not know yet or some other reasoning factors in to waiting until tonight.
I know it happens, it's just infuriating. A modicum of professionalism would be nice from ANYBODY working over at Corday Productions. Especially when it comes to employment.

Honestly, I don't think there's anybody they could fire that would surprise me at this point. Whomever it is, I'm sure I'll respond with a great big resounding "Figures...".

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Part of me hopes it's Kristian. She deserves so much better than this crappy show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

brimike
Jan 29 2009, 11:45 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 29 2009, 11:41 AM

I know it happens, it's just infuriating. A modicum of professionalism would be nice from ANYBODY working over at Corday Productions. Especially when it comes to employment.

Honestly, I don't think there's anybody they could fire that would surprise me at this point. Whomever it is, I'm sure I'll respond with a great big resounding "Figures...".
Too true.

The only people that would surprise me would be if it was someone like Molly Burnett, Arianne Zucker, Ali Sweeney, or whomever considering they are being built-up big time on the show right now. I could see Sweeney leaving on her own, same goes for James Scott, but not being fired by the show.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I have a new theory!

With Bo being a newborn psychic and all, I betcha that Nicole kills him for fear of him figuring out her secret. Then Hope will leave the show, and I'll finally be free to give Days the finger goodbye for good. :flipoff:

peaches179

KristianFanForever
Jan 29 2009, 11:46 AM
Part of me hopes it's Kristian. She deserves so much better than this crappy show.

ICAM!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply