Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days actor fired from the show
Topic Started: Jan 29 2009, 09:10 AM (9,514 Views)
Jiggs
Member Avatar

squee
Jan 29 2009, 03:13 PM
Angie79
Jan 29 2009, 01:06 PM
I am hearing that it is Thaao that was let go, but it isn't 100% confirmed yet.
Yup, that's what I heard too.

What I find funny is that someone started a blog just so they could bitch about Nelson, moan about the attention J+M were getting and then post that they have some Big!Insider!News! that they Can't!Talk!About! until Midnight!Friday!OMG!

And it's all so they can say that Thaao has been let go? Again? :sleep:
ROFL!!! :hail:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

AND... they're absolutely doing it for the hits. Every single post for the last few days has been "Come back Thursday! Come back tomorrow! I will not be outscooped!" The "diva" is even posting in her own comments section telling people it's THAT important they come back.

I'm sure this person does have a scoop, but this is also clearly a way to get people on their page day after day after day, looking for hints.

Chelikins
Member Avatar

If the person is supposed to be part of a supercouple, that wouldn't be Thao. I mean he barely is on as it is now.

cjknick
Member Avatar

brimike
Jan 29 2009, 03:27 PM
AND... they're absolutely doing it for the hits. Every single post for the last few days has been "Come back Thursday! Come back tomorrow! I will not be outscooped!" The "diva" is even posting in her own comments section telling people it's THAT important they come back.

I'm sure this person does have a scoop, but this is also clearly a way to get people on their page day after day after day, looking for hints.
She's got my bookmark!

brimike

cjknick
Jan 29 2009, 03:34 PM
brimike
Jan 29 2009, 03:27 PM

She's got my bookmark!
Oh, I wasn't complaining about it. Self-promotion is a beautiful thing! LOL! Just pointing out that from reading all the back posts from earlier in the week, there's definitely self-serving approach to the blog. I got chastised for saying earlier that part of this was just trying to get people to his/her site. But the way everyone's leaping all over this blog in the last twenty-four hours, there's definitely that element to it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :-)

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Chelikins
Jan 29 2009, 03:28 PM
If the person is supposed to be part of a supercouple, that wouldn't be Thao. I mean he barely is on as it is now.
Well, if this blogger is a Thaao fan she would think he IS part of a supercouple.

Pretty In Pink

I have that blog bookmarked too! I agree with her opinion so far and I think she has a great sense of humor. The photos are hilarious! I am anxiously awaiting what she has to say next. I have no idea who she is referring to in her last blog entry, but it doesn't surprise me that another veteran has been fired. It seems like Days is getting rid of all of the vets one by one. The show is nothing like it was when I first started watching it in the 80's. It's pretty damn sad.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I doubt it is KA or PR!

There is no WAY DAYS could fire them after just dumping Dee & Drake!

I will be PISSED if it is MBE or SN!

I personally hope this rumour is just altogether false!

Ives
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 29 2009, 01:41 PM
cjknick
Jan 29 2009, 01:38 PM
Thee smartest thing that TPTB could do would be to let Peter and MBE go - have Bo and Kayla supposedly killed off together - by Andre who still is trying to carry out the vendetta (he didn't get the memo that the vendetta is over) Steve and Hope could try and solve the murder together - they bond while trying to help each other get over the loss of BO and Kayla - they bring up Ciara and Joe together and a love story is born between the two - (there are many viewers who wanted to see this)
I'm one who always saw potential in a Hope/Steve pairing and wanted it but I don't want the current regime handling it. I wouldn't be opposed to it but I would prefer they don't do it. Hope and Steve likely would not come off well at all with the way this regime would handle a story like that.

Plus, I don't like the idea right now of killing off not one but two prominent Brady's, especially at the same time, unless Roman is one of them.

I don't see them killing off or getting rid of Bo or Hope right now anyway.
I TOTALLY agree with PhoenixRising. I am not sure if I would stick around to watch it, but I could understand how a writer could see a possibility with Hope and Steve. But I am about 1001% sure that the current regime could NOT handle it and, in fact, would massacre it.

Hmmm, massacred supercouple mix-up . . . Shane and Kayla anyone - Quite possibly the Absolute.Worst.Couple.Ever.? Even anything with shades of that travesty would have fans hightailing it, IMHO.

If the writers would have the talent to do a respectful, nuanced and slow burn story with Hope and Steve, then I am sure they would have the talent to do something the heck with Steve and Kayla right now.

Ives
Member Avatar

JANALH
Jan 29 2009, 11:03 AM
Kenny
Jan 29 2009, 10:55 AM
I believe Angie posted recently that she's heard lots of buzz that the show is getting rid of Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans.

Since it says that the "actor" has been fired rather than "actress," I'm guessing that they're referring to Stephen Nichols and Patch will be the one who's killed. Kayla will be the grieving widow who ends up leaving the show. Yawn. I hate the writing for this show.

I'll try to get on at 12:01 AM tonight to see if they prove my theory right.
Ok, now this makes total sense (meaning sense in Days terms) because Dena is notorious for re-doing storylines and this is EXACTLY how Steve & Kayla's story went the first go around.

How original!! (insert sarcastic emoticon here)
Oh, and she would be a grieving widow with a young baby again, too.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ives
Jan 29 2009, 04:08 PM
JANALH
Jan 29 2009, 11:03 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepYawn.
Oh, and she would be a grieving widow with a young baby again, too.
If they want to go the kill route with Steve and Kayla. Kayla should definitely be the one to die. For one, Steve is a lot more interesting and two more drama and heartache can be reached with her death rather then Steve's. And 3 if with Kayla's funeral most of her family is already in Salem, for Steve's all of his would have to return.
Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

Amello, you think this show would actually bring Ashford and Evans-Luciano back for a funeral?! Come on - you know better than that.

;)

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

That is horrible news, i have watched Days since i was 7 and it is nothing now compared to what it was when i first started watching. Soon i probably wont watch anymore because favorties are the vets and sounds like they soon will be gone.

Kyrai

Chelikins
Jan 29 2009, 03:28 PM
Steve and Kayla haven't been on much either. What vets are used alot, really?

When he is on, Thaao is awesome. He's a superb actor even if not used, and he and Anna have a lot of fans who will be hurt. I suspect if you took all the time added together over the years, Thaao has been on at least close to as much as Payla, if not more. I don't know how whomever is judging supercouples, but I can easily see tptb including Tanna as a supercouple.

I think it's sad more talented vets are being shown the door, whomever they are. There could be good stories for Tanna, but again, tptb are not into stories for the older generation.

One of the reasons I stopped watching was because I didn't want this show to keep getting to me, and here I go again. It just makes me sick to see so much potential constantly wasted. I'm all for change, but in the right way. They keep sorry writers and toss talented actors that we care about.

I could be wrong, but I don't think they're changing pro-actively for story potential. They're just cutting. It's like a sinking ship clinging on to ten ton torpedoes while throwing the life preservers overboard to lighten the load.

I know tptb want to upset the fans, but it's working. I hope KC's parents start haunting him soon, if they aren't already.

Deleted User
Deleted User

brimike
Jan 29 2009, 04:12 PM
Amello, you think this show would actually bring Ashford and Evans-Luciano back for a funeral?! Come on - you know better than that.

;)
You think that lowly of me to be that stupid. LOL

That is precisely why Steve should not die. And Kayla would be a much better candidate! Though both of their deaths are stupid moves.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ives
Member Avatar

brimike

;)
Well, you guys are a lot more positive-thinking than I am. I was kind of thinking that a funeral would be off screen. :P

brimike

Ives
Jan 29 2009, 04:17 PM
brimike

;)
Well, you guys are a lot more positive-thinking than I am. I was kind of thinking that a funeral would be off screen. :P
HAH!

If it IS Tony who dies, you can be sure it'll be off-screen. There's nobody around to mourn him anymore.

Pretty In Pink

Tony and Anna are a supercouple. I think most people that watched in the 80's would agree with me. I wouldn't put it past Corday to screw Thaao over again. I have lost count at how many times he has done it already. What's one more time? It could be anyone that was fired at this point though.

sungrey

cjknick
Jan 29 2009, 01:38 PM
Thee smartest thing that TPTB could do would be to let Peter and MBE go - have Bo and Kayla supposedly killed off together - by Andre who still is trying to carry out the vendetta (he didn't get the memo that the vendetta is over) Steve and Hope could try and solve the murder together - they bond while trying to help each other get over the loss of BO and Kayla - they bring up Ciara and Joe together and a love story is born between the two - (there are many viewers who wanted to see this)

The best thing is the salary savings
Fans would stay tuned in even Stayla and Bope fans - because a Steve and Hope romance is really intriguing
This would not be that disruptive to the mix of things because Stephanie would still have a parent and Chelsea would still have a step parent ...
And we'd be reading another obit in six months -- Days' obit. Half the viewers would bail. :)

CatherineEarnshaw

Pretty In Pink
Jan 29 2009, 04:37 PM
Tony and Anna are a supercouple. I think most people that watched in the 80's would agree with me. I wouldn't put it past Corday to screw Thaao over again. I have lost count at how many times he has done it already. What's one more time? It could be anyone that was fired at this point though.
Tony and Anna are not a supercouple. They may be popular (I don't think they really are except for the people who work at UPS who like small packages) but they arent' a supercouple. The only two left on Days are Bope and Payla.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply