Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days actor fired from the show
Topic Started: Jan 29 2009, 09:10 AM (9,669 Views)
Ponz
Member Avatar

Quote:

Wait - who says Justin and Adrienne were "widely considered a failed supercouple"?

Man, I was all about Justin and Adrienne. I thought they had a pretty solid fan base. Hell, they even went to Greece for their wedding!
Maybe failed is too strong a word. They definitely didn't reach the prominence of the others, though.
Edited by Ponz, Jan 29 2009, 10:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I too agree that Justin and Adrienne were a "second trier" supercouple- very hot at the time, but they didnt have the staying power of the top tier of Supercouples. (I loved Justin & Adrienne!!!)
Liz

soapfan35

Were Tony and Anna a super couple or were Andre and Anna? The way the writers keep interchanging the characters I never know who Thaao is really portraying. How many death scenes has he had to play on Days? He's probably set a record. Personally I enjoyed Tony's suicide in Aremid. Great set-up for a huge umbrella story with ramifications for several characters. This latest Higley creation, if he's the one, will no doubt suck and probably only serve the purpose of purging another vet or two from the canvas.

siamesecougar
Member Avatar

They could kill off Mickey, but I get a sneaky suspicion that it will be Marlena long distance sort of.

DHall said that her character had been apparently retired from the show sounding like forever. She was careful not to mention John.

Now, how else could they bring John back in the middle of the fight for the energy thing. Help big brother Stephano or stack the tables in Titan with his son and the grandfather of Brady's deceased mother. That plot has got to thicken.

The battle between the DiMera's and the Kiriakis' should be heating up and John should be a player. But one detail has to go and that is Marlena.

That is the only one that makes sense at the moment still 2 hrs away (CST) from Corday's announcement.

Although with Corday doing it this way, he is trying for press and stirring up the "fans." Trying one of JReilly's (may he r.i.p.) old tricks or maybe channeling Reilley. *giggle*

So we wait. Hope Corday knows that old-time Days fans are so used to the grandstanding that for some of us it is a lot like water rolling off a duck's back.

:shrug:

I know Marlena is already fired so it would be redundant to double-fire her, but to make sure we know she is never coming back.

SOD's poll showed Kayla and Steve to be top favorites, Corday would be cutting his throat on that one.

Bo and Hope, there is definately a question on that couple.

Abe and Lexie? Why. That is the only minority couple he has on Days.

Tony and Anna? They appear so few times.

Doug and Julie? Same thing appearing very few times.

We will wait for Corday's little grandstanding

Edited by siamesecougar, Jan 29 2009, 10:31 PM.

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

siamesecougar
Jan 29 2009, 10:22 PM
They could kill off Mickey, but I get a sneaky suspicion that it will be Marlena long distance sort of.

DHall said that her character had been apparently retired from the show sounding like forever. She was careful not to mention John.

Now, how else could they bring John back in the middle of the fight for the energy thing. Help big brother Stephano or stack the tables in Titan with his son and the grandfather of Brady's deceased mother. That plot has got to thicken.

The battle between the DiMera's and the Kiriakis' should be heating up and John should be a player. But one detail has to go and that is Marlena.

That is the only one that makes sense at the moment still 2 hrs away (CST) from Corday's announcement.

Although with Corday doing it this way, he is trying for press and stirring up the "fans." Trying one of JReilly's (may he r.i.p.) old tricks or maybe channeling Reilley. *giggle*

So we wait. Hope Corday knows that old-time Days fans are so used to the grandstanding that for some of us it is a lot like water rolling off a duck's back.

:shrug:

I know Marlena is already fired so it would be redundant to double-fire her, but to make sure we know she is never coming back.

SOD's poll showed Kayla and Steve to be top favorites, Corday would be cutting his throat on that one.

Bo and Hope, there is definately a question on that couple.

Abe and Lexie? Why. That is the only minority couple he has on Days.

Doug and Julie? Same thing appearing very few times.

:funny: Loved your comments, I still can't believe that Corday continues to TRASH this show!! RIP Days! This just SUCKS!

HJBJDJ

Ponz I like your definition of Super Couples.

Justin & Adrienne's problems in achieving the highest status of Super Couple is that they really didn't go by the book of a making of a Super Couple.

On average back then, it took a Super Couple 2 years to get to the alter. Justin and Adrienne were rushed to the alter after only less than a year. Not only was their relationship less than a year but both Justin and Adrienne were new characters on the show less than a year. One of the trials for them in that time was a thrid party - Anjelica Deveraux, who was also only on the show for a few months.

Justin and Adrienne inherited the Greece Wedding. The trip to Greece and wedding had been in the planning for long time. Only it was to have been for Steve and Kayla. Mary Beth Evans then became pregnant and threw a wrench in their plans. The scenes of Justin and Adrienne's wedding, corresponded with the last scenes Mary Beth taped before going on maternity leave.

squee
Member Avatar

siamesecougar
Jan 29 2009, 10:22 PM

There is no announcement coming from Corday, just some blogger's grandstanding

And now, in less than 2 hrs, you read how Thaao has been canned again

The suspense is killing me :laugh:

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I hope its not Thaao because he really plays a part in the whole bonding between Steffy and EJ. He could have been the interloper and a good foil for family dynamics! Now Steffy and EJ and on one side and no one's there to oppose them.
I also liked how he kept tabs on Nicole.
Liz

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I wonder what time zone this "Diva" is in...... :laugh:

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

It's got to be Thaao. He and Anna are a supercouple.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

She just posted.

It's Thaoo, just as many of us suspected.

LeAnn is clearly going to be a goner too. I will miss both of them but I can understand this move. Both were wasted horribly.

I am intrigued by how this will unfold though and whether he will really be Andre.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jan 30 2009, 12:04 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

PhoenixRising05
Jan 30 2009, 12:03 AM
She just posted.

Yep....

She really loves to take digs at Nelson too sheesh......

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I am intrigued by how this will unfold though and whether he will really be Andre.
I hope to God he's not. That would be beyond stupid.

But then again, if Tony is murdered, he'll be destroyed, anyway.

So, basically, it'll suck whether it's Tony or Andre.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Sucks that Thaao and maybe even Leann will be gone but they're better off without DOOL anyway.

lene
Member Avatar

ugh, their reunion was just a waste then, if their gonna kill Tony and just send Anna packing.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
She just posted.

LeAnn is clearly going to be a goner too. I will miss both of them but I can understand this move. Both were wasted horribly.

Moved into other thread.
Edited by jane1978, Jan 30 2009, 05:17 AM.

King
Member Avatar

I really won't miss them. Based on storyline and characters, they really are expendable.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Not surprised.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply