Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao Penghlis was fired
Topic Started: Jan 30 2009, 12:01 AM (5,421 Views)
Pretty In Pink

Corday has screwed Thaao over again, he was fired.

http://divaofdaysofourlives.blogspot.com/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Didn't we see it coming?

brimike

Score one for "Squee"!

:D

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This "Diva" sure played this up to be some big shocker when it isn't at all.

Mason
Member Avatar

Surprise, surprise.... :eyeroll:

brimike

Angie79
Jan 30 2009, 12:03 AM
She got the bookmarks and the hits (and a weird obsession with showing up Nelson, which is bizarre since she's not even a journalist with an axe to grind).

I guess that's all that matters.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Thank god...Finally someone who is expendable...Can Josh Taylor please be cut next?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I figured it wasn't a shock.

A shock would've leaked by now. There had been rumors about Thaoo being fired for weeks. I think Thaoo saw it coming, even if the rumors were true about him not knowing what the show had in mind. I think that may be why he played Tony very Andre-like.

I will miss both him and LeAnn. Both were wasted horribly. I will admit I'm interested in seeing how this will unfold and if Tony is really Andre.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

brimike
Jan 30 2009, 12:04 AM
Angie79
Jan 30 2009, 12:03 AM
She got the bookmarks and the hits (and a weird obsession with showing up Nelson, which is bizarre since she's not even a journalist with an axe to grind).

I guess that's all that matters.
It makes you wonder who she really is though with her spewing all of that Nelson hate..... :ermm:

fancyface78
Member Avatar

It sounds like she got the scoop...even if it wasn't a big surprise...I didn't see anyone else posting this as fact.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Jan 30 2009, 12:06 AM
Thank god...Finally someone who is expendable...Can Josh Taylor please be cut next?
I'm betting he will at least be dropped to recurring. I don't think Corday can avoid it this time nor do I think he will try to save him. I think he knows now he has to really cut back.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 30 2009, 12:07 AM
Kevc1980
I'm betting he will at least be dropped to recurring. I don't think Corday can avoid it this time nor do I think he will try to save him. I think he knows now he has to really cut back.
I'll have to see it before I believe it'll happen, I'm afraid.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Kevc1980
He's been the most expendable person for years and is still there because he's such a buddy of Corday's. If he wasn't a FOC he probably would have been let go a LONG time ago.....

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I will admit I'm interested in seeing how this will unfold and if Tony is really Andre.
I hope to God he's not. That would be beyond stupid.

But then again, if it is Tony that is murdered, he'll be destroyed, anyway.

So, basically, it'll suck whether it's Tony or Andre.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Okay, not surprised. I feel bad because I love Thaao and all, but he gets little screentime and no story, and I suspected that he'd be fired since this started....it was obvious it would happen eventually.

But I wonder WHY he'd be murdered in some big March Sweeps whodunnit. Unless he becomes Andre again or wreaks some BIG havoc during Feburary/March, why would anyone kill Tony? Even Nicole, despite how he's been treating her, wouldn't have that much of a reason. And ever since Tony returned in 2007, he's been well liked by most of the town.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

So what? lol. Tony? Big deal.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I would rather have it be Andre and I'm sure Thaoo would too. That may be why he played him as Andre-like, just like before his exit in the 90's. He may have seen the writing on the wall.

I would rather it be Andre then Tony because at least he wouldn't be destroyed after all the work Hogan did to salvage him.

This is very odd. The show has adopted a JER-like style as far as stories and such since Tomlin and Whitesell came on and, much like during JER's stints, here Thaoo is getting fired and killed off again. Weird.

misch
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 30 2009, 12:12 AM
PhoenixRising05
I will admit I'm interested in seeing how this will unfold and if Tony is really Andre.
I hope to God he's not. That would be beyond stupid.

But then again, if it is Tony that is murdered, he'll be destroyed, anyway.

So, basically, it'll suck whether it's Tony or Andre.
what a waste for months for tony and anna. when the hospital scenes happened back in august we had some real promise of couples interacting and they wasted the chemistry anna had with john and marlena. and it irritates me tony can never be just tony. is it tony, no it's andre, no, wait, tony, no andre.
block pools anyone for guessing when this show will be cancelled or when higley will break her pencil?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Drew
Jan 30 2009, 12:16 AM
So what? lol. Tony? Big deal.
That is kinda how I feel too. I like Thaao, but I am not that bothered by this.

I do feel bad for Thaao though.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It is a shame.

Thaoo got that Emmy nod last year. There was potential for story for them when they both returned in 2007 and in August/September but even when it looked like they may be getting something, somehow I still felt it wouldn't last. Even if they got a story, I always felt like they would be gone sooner rather then later. I felt the same under Hogan. I just think they were window dressing, tossed in just because of who they are so they could maybe get more fans and to say "Look at all the vets we got/brought back!" It never felt like the show wanted to make them a vital part of the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply