Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The REAL Reason Hall & Hogestyn Were Fired
Topic Started: Jan 31 2009, 07:31 AM (9,634 Views)
Evan
Member Avatar

It seems Corday has been trying to get rid of Dee & Drake for quite some time, he finally succeeded:
http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/The+Suds+Report+Jan+30+2009/Soaps/Suds/Articles/090130_news_nelson_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

That was already posted, got rather heated, and was deleted.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

According to Dee's fan club this whole thing is bogus,SHOCKING,NOT,Nelson should be a tabloid writer,they also like to makeup crap and call themselves journalists,such crap,Nelson is very well known for hating Drake and well known for not being accurate.

IIttu
Member Avatar

"The source goes on to say that Deidre and Drake canít stand each other, either." Excuse me, did I actually miss something because I'm not a native speaker or what the hell was that about?

Jiggs
Member Avatar

He could have fired them any time, he didn't need an excuse.

Mason
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Jan 31 2009, 05:09 PM
He could have fired them any time, he didn't need an excuse.
Yes, technically he could have, but I'm sure he was too fearful of the backlash he would receive. Now, he could just blame it on the massive budget cut, and it would be believable.

angie

GMAFB! there is NO way in hell i'll ever believe that deidre and drake hate each other. what bullshit!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

well what evidence do you have that they DONT hate each other? Other than staged public appearances or interviews where they would obviously be in acting mode, like they are on TV.
Edited by Drew, Jan 31 2009, 06:45 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 31 2009, 06:17 PM
well what evidence do you have to contradict that they DONT hate each other? Other than staged public appearances or interviews where they would obviously be in acting mode, like they are on TV.
We really don't have evidence either way. I guess that after working with someone that long I think if they hated each other word would have gotten around unless it is a recent development ... This was the first I heard of it and it is the first I heard of Ken hating Deidre and Drake too. I think past Days actors far removed from the scene would have blabbed something by now...Days is not short of blabber mouths pertaining to behind the scenes gossip.
Edited by cjknick, Jan 31 2009, 06:33 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Oh, the drama..........

Posted Image

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

nt
Edited by Drew, Jan 31 2009, 06:44 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I was wondering what happened to the thread. I figured it got heated and deleted because it was already bordering on that when I had to head out.

People are going to believe what they want. There is an argument on both sides IMO. I, personally, doubt they hate each other but I do believe they aren't as close as they seem nor I do I think they are as close as they once were. I sensed they had a falling out years ago and that both would've been excited about new pairings/stories.

I'm over this though. They're gone. I just want a J&M free period for awhile. It's been running nonstop since November. I'm ready to focus on those who are still with the show and what the future may hold in that regard.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Jan 31 2009, 06:53 PM
I was wondering what happened to the thread. I figured it got heated and deleted because it was already bordering on that when I had to head out.

People are going to believe what they want. There is an argument on both sides IMO. I, personally, doubt they hate each other but I do believe they aren't as close as they seem nor I do I think they are as close as they once were. I sensed they had a falling out years ago and that both would've been excited about new pairings/stories.

I'm over this though. They're gone. I just want a J&M free period for awhile. It's been running nonstop since November. I'm ready to focus on those who are still with the show and what the future may hold in that regard.
:hail: Blessings on this post, Tim!

e83talus
Member Avatar

Yes well we "morons" will choose to believe what we want to believe now won't we. ;)

J&M are gone. I am not watching Days anymore. I don't expect Dee and Drake to work anywhere together again and J&M fans have their you-tube scenes of the last 23 years and wonderful PA and events. End Game. Who cares if Dee and Drake are BFF's or casual, professional associates.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 31 2009, 06:53 PM

***Blows Kisses***

It's time to stop looking back and looking forward.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

e83talus
Jan 31 2009, 08:06 PM
Yes well we "morons" will choose to believe what we want to believe now won't we. ;)

J&M are gone. I am not watching Days anymore. I don't expect Dee and Drake to work anywhere together again and J&M fans have their you-tube scenes of the last 23 years and wonderful PA and events. End Game. Who cares if Dee and Drake are BFF's or casual, professional associates.
The way Youtube is jerking vids you might not have that much longer, either. :frustration:

Mason
Member Avatar

Does it really make a difference whether or not Dee and Drake didn't get along? It obviously didn't take away from your enjoyment of J&M, if it's true. And it's not like they're even on the show now, anyway. What difference does it make whether they liked each other outside of work or not?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Deidre and Drake are such a boring topic. Who cares if they hate love or fuck each other. They're gone, forever hopefully. Let's stop acting like drug users and move on please.
Quote Post Goto Top

Dr. Chip

I will have to say that I was surprised by Deidre's webchat when she was asked if she and Drake were friends, and she said they did not have a relationship outside of work. There was something odd, I thought, about the way she said it. I don't know.

But I don't believe the insider's comments. I think Corday needed to cut a huge chunk in the budget, and the easiest, fastest way to do it was to fire two of the biggest-paid stars. I think it was a stupid, costly solution, but I think it was all about the money. It's cost him this viewer, not just for this act but for a pattern of disrespect for fans and actors alike the last several years.

Tongue in cheek for this next comment, but I wonder if the "insider" was Molly Burnett, who was jealous that the John/Marlena scenes were eating up 5 more minutes of each episode that could have featured her overextended character. :-)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Amello
Jan 31 2009, 08:55 PM
Deidre and Drake are such a boring topic. Who cares if they hate love or fuck each other. They're gone, forever hopefully. Let's stop acting like drug users and move on please.
I would definitely have to agree with this.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply