Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The REAL Reason Hall & Hogestyn Were Fired
Topic Started: Jan 31 2009, 07:31 AM (9,518 Views)
Dr. Chip

ladyofthelake
Jan 31 2009, 09:05 PM
Amello
Jan 31 2009, 08:55 PM
Deidre and Drake are such a boring topic. Who cares if they hate love or fuck each other. They're gone, forever hopefully. Let's stop acting like drug users and move on please.
I would definitely have to agree with this.
I disagree.

I've been watching since 1980. I've seen the good and the bad. Deidre Hall has been a part of most of the good for over 30 years.

This firing still irks me, and I'm not moving on just yet.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cassie1013

Hmm. Hello vs. People - Ali couldn't do both? That's such a tough decision, actually. Hello isn't really well-read in the States, but is huge in the UK, Canada and elsewhere.

I guess she wants to focus more on American fame for now. But it would have been great exposure internationally...most people, I think at least, know her by face/"Sami" (like recognizable to an extent)..

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 31 2009, 05:45 PM
Jiggs
Jan 31 2009, 05:09 PM
He could have fired them any time, he didn't need an excuse.
Yes, technically he could have, but I'm sure he was too fearful of the backlash he would receive. Now, he could just blame it on the massive budget cut, and it would be believable.
He's is hardly escaping any backlash, and he could have used any number of reasons. Since when does he care about backlash?

lulu
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Jan 31 2009, 09:13 PM
ladyofthelake

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
I disagree.

I've been watching since 1980. I've seen the good and the bad. Deidre Hall has been a part of most of the good for over 30 years.

I'm not ready to move on either.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Jan 31 2009, 09:13 PM
ladyofthelake

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
I disagree.

LOL Yes, seems like moving on should be a personal choice, and I don't use drugs and don't think I act like a drug user either.
Edited by Jiggs, Jan 31 2009, 10:27 PM.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

ladyofthelake
Jan 31 2009, 06:40 PM
Oh, the drama..........

Posted Image
pass the popcorn.

Mason

Jiggs
Jan 31 2009, 10:06 PM
He's is hardly escaping any backlash, and he could have used any number of reasons. Since when does he care about backlash?
This is Corday we're talking about. The man with jello for a spine.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

cassie1013
Jan 31 2009, 10:00 PM
Hmm. Hello vs. People - Ali couldn't do both? That's such a tough decision, actually. Hello isn't really well-read in the States, but is huge in the UK, Canada and elsewhere.

I guess she wants to focus more on American fame for now. But it would have been great exposure internationally...most people, I think at least, know her by face/"Sami" (like recognizable to an extent)..
I thought the rumor was she boycotted Hello! because Nelson freelances there. She's boycotting any Nelson magazines.

:popcorn:

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

Mason
Jan 31 2009, 05:45 PM
Jiggs
Jan 31 2009, 05:09 PM
He could have fired them any time, he didn't need an excuse.
Yes, technically he could have, but I'm sure he was too fearful of the backlash he would receive. Now, he could just blame it on the massive budget cut, and it would be believable.
When has Corday ever been afraid of backlash? I'd think he would be quite used to it over the past ten years. I think he gets off on it.

Mason

Alright...

Corday didn't have anything against J&M or Drake/Deidre. And Drake and Deidre must have loved the hell out of each other because that's how they acted (regardless of the fact that that's how they were paid to act). I'm sure it was all sunshine and rainbows and happiness between the three of them because God knows they're all such infallable human beings without the capability of not getting along (especially Drake and Dee).

If it makes you happier to believe that, then fine. I, however, am done with this.
Edited by Mason, Jan 31 2009, 10:47 PM.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Mason
Jan 31 2009, 10:44 PM
Alright...

Corday didn't have anything against J&M or Drake/Deidre. And Drake and Deidre loved the hell out of each other. I'm sure it was all sunshine and rainbows and happiness between the three of them because God knows they're all such infallable human beings without the capability of not getting along (especially Drake and Dee).

If it makes you happier to believe that, then fine. I, however, am done with this.
lmfao

One big happy dysfunctional family. :makeout:

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

oh well i just don't care for dayts anymore.. i'd tried to watch but just don't care anymore. i use to watch it with my grandmother in the 80's before her death in 87.

her soap that she use to watch were, AMC days and AW.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

I kinda want to change the subject for a second to say how IN LOVE I am with Jiggs' avatar.

Evil Bitch she is.

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jan 31 2009, 06:53 PM
People are going to believe what they want. There is an argument on both sides IMO. I, personally, doubt they hate each other but I do believe they aren't as close as they seem nor I do I think they are as close as they once were. I sensed they had a falling out years ago and that both would've been excited about new pairings/stories.

I'm over this though. They're gone. I just want a J&M free period for awhile. It's been running nonstop since November. I'm ready to focus on those who are still with the show and what the future may hold in that regard.
You sensed it?

Well I'm glad you're over it, I'm not. I'm sure you'd love for J&M and their fans to just fade away but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It's still being talked about because it's still surprising to a lot of people that it happened at all. This J&M fan will not go quietly into this good night.

No one is forcing you to read or post in the J&M threads, and yet you always seem to show up in them.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

bellcurve
Jan 31 2009, 10:56 PM
I kinda want to change the subject for a second to say how IN LOVE I am with Jiggs' avatar.

Evil Bitch she is.
Thanks! She is isn't she?!

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Jan 31 2009, 08:33 PM
It's time to stop looking back and looking forward.
So, how's the view? Does the swirl go clockwise or counterclockwise?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Just a reminder to everyone to keep things civil so this thread doesn't have the same fate as the last one on this subject did.

Thanks!

misch
Member Avatar

Flying Monkey
Jan 31 2009, 10:56 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jan 31 2009, 06:53 PM
People are going to believe what they want. There is an argument on both sides IMO. I, personally, doubt they hate each other but I do believe they aren't as close as they seem nor I do I think they are as close as they once were. I sensed they had a falling out years ago and that both would've been excited about new pairings/stories.

I'm over this though. They're gone. I just want a J&M free period for awhile. It's been running nonstop since November. I'm ready to focus on those who are still with the show and what the future may hold in that regard.
You sensed it?

Well I'm glad you're over it, I'm not. I'm sure you'd love for J&M and their fans to just fade away but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It's still being talked about because it's still surprising to a lot of people that it happened at all. This J&M fan will not go quietly into this good night.

No one is forcing you to read or post in the J&M threads, and yet you always seem to show up in them.
i was actually saddened to see the thread had been deleted the first time because this discussion got heated. i was looking forward to seeing everyone's thoughts. i am a huge j&m fan and deidre hall is the reason i started watching the show. i do believe people are entitled to their opinions.
do i believe dee and drake hated each other. no i don't. but do i think they have had their moments, yes i do. could they have been in a middle of a moment when this all went down. of course. but we don't know.
if you ever played on a sports team you know you do not always get along equally with your teammates. but you always respect each other and you do love each other for the common journey you share. sometimes you hug after the game and sometimes you walk away, shake hands and come back the next day at practice. there are times you have a game, leave the field, have a beer and tell each other "i love you man or woman!" no matter what.
dee and drake were kindred spirits or a kinship of mutual respect and trust (that's what she said in her video). You don't have to be friends but you respect the journey you are on together and that's where i equate it to being on a team. no matter what, you stand by each other, you have history, you will do anything for that person but there are bumps along the road. to me from the things i have read and seen this is how i view dee and drake's relationship. it's a relationship that transcends traditional friendships but just like a ying to the yang there is a certain kinship, love, understanding, whatever you call it that remains. you don't spend 23 years together and not have that kind of understanding. and it's a very difficult thing to fake and if you ever been a part of any type of team you will get that.
:smooch:

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

Amello
Jan 31 2009, 08:55 PM
Deidre and Drake are such a boring topic. Who cares if they hate love or fuck each other. They're gone, forever hopefully. Let's stop acting like drug users and move on please.
WTF!!! Exxxcccuuussseee Me!

Scott
Member Avatar

Hey guys how about we alllll get back on topic and simply state your opinions to the topic at hand as opposed to what someone else says...you all have just as much right to your beliefs as everyone else.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply