Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The REAL Reason Hall & Hogestyn Were Fired
Topic Started: Jan 31 2009, 07:31 AM (9,519 Views)
Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Jan 31 2009, 10:26 PM
LOL Yes, seems like moving on should be a personal choice, and I don't use drugs and don't think I act like a drug user either.
Moving on is a personal choice, but apparently some people feel they have to right to tell other people what to think or feel apparently.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

misch
Member Avatar

Flying Monkey
Jan 31 2009, 11:24 PM
Jiggs
LOL Yes, seems like moving on should be a personal choice, and I don't use drugs and don't think I act like a drug user either.
Moving on is a personal choice, but apparently some people feel they have to right to tell other people what to think or feel apparently.
i don't think that's the case. from wandering around on these boards i just think people are very passionate about how they feel about things and they want other people to see their side. wrong or right, there is never any malice thougts or words written down. i'm just thankful there is this place where they can say these thoughts freely and have a discussion on them. :cheers:

hops
Member Avatar

Do I think someone told this story to Nelson. Yes. Do I believe it's true? No. Is it as simple as Yes or No. No, I don't think so. I could write an essay about why and why not, but as others have pointed out, you believe what you want to believe. The only people that know the truth are Deidre, Drake and Ken, and since they are not talking, I'll go with what I know.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

The fact of the matter is they are gone, done, finished. Most likely never to return. Let people talk about it. that is all they have lol

hops
Member Avatar

Jiggs
I take aspirin...does that count? :P

misch
Member Avatar

hops
Jan 31 2009, 11:29 PM
Jiggs
i just drank beer to make the pain go away :drunk: (kidding)

angie

Drew
Jan 31 2009, 06:17 PM
well what evidence do you have that they DONT hate each other? Other than staged public appearances or interviews where they would obviously be in acting mode, like they are on TV.
excuse me but do you have any evidence that they do hate each other? i find it a little conveniant that we find out now dont you?

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

hops
Jiggs
Aspirin pffft. I'm into the hard stuff naproxen. Should I call a rehab center? ;)

Jiggs
Member Avatar

hops
Jiggs
Oops, I DO have a prescription for Codeine... but I rarely take any :laugh:

Deleted User
Deleted User

angie
Jan 31 2009, 11:35 PM
Drew
Jan 31 2009, 06:17 PM
well what evidence do you have that they DONT hate each other? Other than staged public appearances or interviews where they would obviously be in acting mode, like they are on TV.
excuse me but do you have any evidence that they do hate each other? i find it a little conveniant that we find out now dont you?
You don't have any evidence that they don't hate each other.
Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

Flying Monkey
Jan 31 2009, 11:38 PM
Aspirin pffft. I'm into the hard stuff naproxen. Should I call a rehab center? ;)
Hey, we're talking extra strength here, and not generic!

angie

misch
Jan 31 2009, 11:12 PM
Flying Monkey
Jan 31 2009, 10:56 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
i was actually saddened to see the thread had been deleted the first time because this discussion got heated. i was looking forward to seeing everyone's thoughts. i am a huge j&m fan and deidre hall is the reason i started watching the show. i do believe people are entitled to their opinions.
do i believe dee and drake hated each other. no i don't. but do i think they have had their moments, yes i do. could they have been in a middle of a moment when this all went down. of course. but we don't know.
if you ever played on a sports team you know you do not always get along equally with your teammates. but you always respect each other and you do love each other for the common journey you share. sometimes you hug after the game and sometimes you walk away, shake hands and come back the next day at practice. there are times you have a game, leave the field, have a beer and tell each other "i love you man or woman!" no matter what.
dee and drake were kindred spirits or a kinship of mutual respect and trust (that's what she said in her video). You don't have to be friends but you respect the journey you are on together and that's where i equate it to being on a team. no matter what, you stand by each other, you have history, you will do anything for that person but there are bumps along the road. to me from the things i have read and seen this is how i view dee and drake's relationship. it's a relationship that transcends traditional friendships but just like a ying to the yang there is a certain kinship, love, understanding, whatever you call it that remains. you don't spend 23 years together and not have that kind of understanding. and it's a very difficult thing to fake and if you ever been a part of any type of team you will get that.
:smooch:
THE BEST POST EVER!!!! everything you said was true. in a relationship you have your good and bad moments. thats being human!

angie

Amello
Jan 31 2009, 11:46 PM
angie
Jan 31 2009, 11:35 PM

do you?

Deleted User
Deleted User

angie
Jan 31 2009, 11:50 PM
Amello

do you?
Nope.
Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

Amello
As I said above, the only ones that know the truth are Deidre, Drake and Ken. One thing that comes to mind though, is why would two people who 'hate' each other that much, walk arm in arm talking to each other when there was no audience and no reason to put on a show. They did that in Australia, after dinner with Thaao. I'm not saying they are best friends, but I don't believe what that person told Nelson and I don't believe Ken 'hates' Deidre and Drake.
Edited by hops, Jan 31 2009, 11:55 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

hops
Jan 31 2009, 11:52 PM
Amello
As I said above, the only ones that know the truth are Deidre, Drake and Ken. One thing that comes to mind though, is why would two people who 'hate' each other that much, walk arm in arm talking to each other when there was no audience and no reason to put on a show. They did that in Australia, after dinner with Thaao. I'm not saying they are best friends, but I don't believe what that person told Nelson.
I agree Ken, Drake and Deidre are the only ones that know the truth. Everyone that has posted in this thread and the previous one about this topic, including myself, are merely speculating. Period. End of story.
Quote Post Goto Top

hops
Member Avatar

misch
Jan 31 2009, 11:12 PM
i was actually saddened to see the thread had been deleted the first time because this discussion got heated. i was looking forward to seeing everyone's thoughts. i am a huge j&m fan and deidre hall is the reason i started watching the show. i do believe people are entitled to their opinions.
do i believe dee and drake hated each other. no i don't. but do i think they have had their moments, yes i do. could they have been in a middle of a moment when this all went down. of course. but we don't know.
if you ever played on a sports team you know you do not always get along equally with your teammates. but you always respect each other and you do love each other for the common journey you share. sometimes you hug after the game and sometimes you walk away, shake hands and come back the next day at practice. there are times you have a game, leave the field, have a beer and tell each other "i love you man or woman!" no matter what.
dee and drake were kindred spirits or a kinship of mutual respect and trust (that's what she said in her video). You don't have to be friends but you respect the journey you are on together and that's where i equate it to being on a team. no matter what, you stand by each other, you have history, you will do anything for that person but there are bumps along the road. to me from the things i have read and seen this is how i view dee and drake's relationship. it's a relationship that transcends traditional friendships but just like a ying to the yang there is a certain kinship, love, understanding, whatever you call it that remains. you don't spend 23 years together and not have that kind of understanding. and it's a very difficult thing to fake and if you ever been a part of any type of team you will get that.
:smooch:
I enjoyed reading this post. Very thoughtful.

Scott
Member Avatar

I don't understand why people constantly have to get the last word in on this topic. It's just going to keep going around and around, and causing more and more tension. You all have said your peace so why can't you just drop it here. If you don't agree with someone else's opinion that is fine, its your God given right, but you can't sit there and tell someone else they are wrong when you don't even have proof that you are right.

hops
Member Avatar

Scott
Jan 31 2009, 11:58 PM
I don't understand why people constantly have to get the last word in on this topic. It's just going to keep going around and around, and causing more and more tension. You all have said your peace so why can't you just drop it here. If you don't agree with someone else's opinion that is fine, its your God given right, but you can't sit there and tell someone else they are wrong when you don't even have proof that you are right.
Who is saying that?

Scott
Member Avatar

I'm just saying you all are re hashing the same things you've said sixteen times previously...we get the point

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply