Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The REAL Reason Hall & Hogestyn Were Fired
Topic Started: Jan 31 2009, 07:31 AM (9,530 Views)
Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

annn1
Feb 1 2009, 06:44 AM
Drew
Feb 1 2009, 12:40 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
the reason Drake did not want to end the Ava thing was because it was taking John down a new road,she did not judge him like the others did,and he started to show more emmotions..Drake said in a interview that he wanted to do something that was a bit diffrent,he did not want John and Marlena to go down the same road they had for the past couple off years...he also said that in 2007 John and Marlena was all fuzzy and warm,and because off that...John and Marlena got painted in to a corner where they did not get out from,Ava storline could spice things up a bit...so when John and Marlena reunited it would be mutch sweeter....that is what Drake said,he has never spoken out bad about Deidre and neither has Deidre about Drake....if they have hatet each other all this time,then why where they lovers the first year they where on Days?why does Drake state in his interview that he loves to work with Deidre,because she is warm,loving,trusting and funny to be with...Deidre has said many times that she loves to work with Drake because he is a great guy,he makes her laugh,trusting and its like having a securety blanket cause i know i always have him in my corner she says....if u hate somone,you do not speak about them like that.....they have worked together,and are good friends for over 20 years......off course thay will have moments when they get pissed off at each other.....they work together for over 20 years,everybody has an off day..........dont u?.....and also in 2007 when Drake got fired,Deidre admited to SOD that when she first got he script about Johns death(she got 8 scripts)she cryed the whole time she was reading it,cause then she realised that Drake really was leaving.....she also amited that she was fighting the tears before thay started to tape the last scene,and in the last scene when she is telling John to let go......Deidre was crying,and she looked at Drake and he started to cry also....Deidre cryed for 90 minutes after tha last take,if she hated him orr he hated her so mutch...then why would the both be crying,why would that be said to say goodbye to each other....they are good friend,and yea Deidre loved to work with Wayne on Days and they see each other outside off work...but that is because Deidre is good friends with Waynes wife also...
anything quoted in a magazine article is not remotely reliable. An article is 100% spin, doesnt matter who they're interviewing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

annn1
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 1 2009, 10:04 AM
annn1
Feb 1 2009, 06:44 AM

anything quoted in a magazine article is not remotely reliable. An article is 100% spin, doesnt matter who they're interviewing.
thats true,they do make up a lot off things,but this i read in SOD....and i know many people think its strange that if they are so close,then why dont they see each other outside off work,like she does with Wayne orr Thaoo....Deidre said once when she was asked why she and Drake dont hang out after work....that the spend 16 houers a day together,so when they are off they like to be with there familys....but Deidre did spend time with Wayne after work to,bu not with Drake.....Deidre is also great friends with Waynes wife Lynn.....Drake admitet once in a interview with Deidre to SOD in 2002,that his wife does not like to watch the kissing scenes that he has on the show,if she does not like the kissing scenes...i can only imagine what she thinks off the love scenes that he has with Deidre....Victoria said once that she did get jealous sometimes,and Drake has also said once that sometime John and Marlenas relationship,could cause some friction in his marrige to Victoria...Victoria has also never been to the set to see Drake and Deidre tape,Deidre said so in the same interview.....if its true and his wife is jealus off his onscreen costar.....then why would he spend more time with her off screen,if his wife has a problem with it?

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Drew
Jan 31 2009, 06:17 PM
well what evidence do you have that they DONT hate each other? Other than staged public appearances or interviews where they would obviously be in acting mode, like they are on TV.
Well than Drake and Dee deserve OSCARS for their performances,give me a f-ing break,they worked together for OVER 20 years,like it wouldn't have come out sometime between then and like Deidre would LIE on her own personal video chat when talking about how she and Drake have a ''Kindred friendship'' and like Drake would lie to fans about whenever he's been asked about Deidre in the past and he would usually refer to her as ''Delicious'',just because a person acts for a living doesn't mean they lie and stage things because there an actor,being an actor myself I take GREAT affense to that,all this artcile is is GOSSIP,made up by someone who has not been accurate in the past and has made no secret about disliking Drake,he even claimed fans wanted him dead last year when they complained about him,now tell me thats not getting carried away.

Like people who cannot stand eachother can pose for pictures like this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cjknick
Member Avatar

annn1
Feb 1 2009, 11:05 AM
Drew

thats true,they do make up a lot off things,but this i read in SOD....and i know many people think its strange that if they are so close,then why dont they see each other outside off work,like she does with Wayne orr Thaoo....Deidre said once when she was asked why she and Drake dont hang out after work....that the spend 16 houers a day together,so when they are off they like to be with there familys....but Deidre did spend time with Wayne after work to,bu not with Drake.....Deidre is also great friends with Waynes wife Lynn.....Drake admitet once in a interview with Deidre to SOD in 2002,that his wife does not like to watch the kissing scenes that he has on the show,if she does not like the kissing scenes...i can only imagine what she thinks off the love scenes that he has with Deidre....Victoria said once that she did get jealous sometimes,and Drake has also said once that sometime John and Marlenas relationship,could cause some friction in his marrige to Victoria...Victoria has also never been to the set to see Drake and Deidre tape,Deidre said so in the same interview.....if its true and his wife is jealus off his onscreen costar.....then why would he spend more time with her off screen,if his wife has a problem with it?
I think that these are professional actors who had a job to do just like any of us - I have to say that the work place is full of people who don't develop friendship but they work well together none the less. As far as those kissing and sex scenes that Soap actors have to do ... my advice to the spouses go and watch and you will see how staged it all is and how utterly non-sexual and unromantic it can be with 50 people watching you and all the cutting and arranging and directing that actually goes on to produce this stuff. The editing room is where the magic happens it's not on the set that is for sure. But with that said I can't say for two actor's deciding to rehearse that scene alone - that could be trouble and I'm sure it does. In the case of D&D they have been at it for so long if they hadn't had an affair by now - It ain't going to happen!

FanODays

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Feb 1 2009, 11:28 AM
Drew
Jan 31 2009, 06:17 PM
well what evidence do you have that they DONT hate each other? Other than staged public appearances or interviews where they would obviously be in acting mode, like they are on TV.
Well than Drake and Dee deserve OSCARS for their performances,give me a f-ing break,they worked together for OVER 20 years,like it wouldn't have come out sometime between then and like Deidre would LIE on her own personal video chat when talking about how she and Drake have a ''Kindred friendship'' and like Drake would lie to fans about whenever he's been asked about Deidre in the past and he would usually refer to her as ''Delicious'',just because a person acts for a living doesn't mean they lie and stage things because there an actor,being an actor myself I take GREAT affense to that,all this artcile is is GOSSIP,made up by someone who has not been accurate in the past and has made no secret about disliking Drake,he even claimed fans wanted him dead last year when they complained about him,now tell me thats not getting carried away.

Like people who cannot stand eachother can pose for pictures like this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Those are pictures of Dee and Drake as Marlena and John. They are playing a role.

niki

To veer slightly from the subject at hand of do they or don't they like one another - may I ask why it matters?
I love J&M and I like the actors who play them in so far as the very sufferficial way I have been exposed to them as real people.
Myself, I don't like the idea that they 'hate' one another because it implies an unpleasant working situation where two people have to force themselves to work so closely together and it leads to the conclusion that their 'hate' has stood in the way of the scenes as a J&M fan I would have liked (but can blame the writers and editors for their absence). Still, I can abide that they don't get along. Now if it were J&M we were discussing that'd be a different matter.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

FanODays
Feb 1 2009, 12:21 PM
JohnandMarlenaFreak

Quoting limited to 2 levels deepPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Those are pictures of Dee and Drake as Marlena and John. They are playing a role.

OK,I know there playing roles,or should I say were,those pics were taken by the press in Monte Carlo,thought I already said it,but I'll say it again,Deidre's fan club said EVERYTHING in the article is CRAP,call me crazy,but if they really ''hated'' eachother'' why did Drake say in Australia that when Dee was gone in the 80's and whenever she came to set to visit he would always ask her when she was coming back to the show and if I ''hated'' someone there is no frickin way I would wanna work with them,let alone work with them for over 20 years,being an actress myself I would just look for other work,again I say just because a person is an actor doesn't mean they ''act'' 24/7,let alone,lie to fans at personal apperances,thats an insult,now unless Drake or Deidre admit to it,I think we all need to shut it.
Edited by JohnandMarlenaFreak, Feb 1 2009, 01:04 PM.

annn1
Member Avatar

what about when they where in Australia,Thaoo said that Deidre and Drake was always joking and playing around with each other...if they did not like each other,i do not think that they would talk about each other in the varm tone that they do....and if Ken hated Drake and Deidre,then why would Drake be the godfather to one off his children?

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

annn1
Feb 1 2009, 01:01 PM
what about when they where in Australia,Thaoo said that Deidre and Drake was always joking and playing around with each other...if they did not like each other,i do not think that they would talk about each other in the varm tone that they do....and if Ken hated Drake and Deidre,then why would Drake be the godfather to one off his children?
Exactly,this whole thing is taken from someone who makes up crap and calls themselves a writer,he's like Terry,except gets paid for his crap,thats the scary part,he likes to get people talking,but if they don't like what he says he goes all PMS on everyone and thinks there threatning him,what is he 8 years old or something,if you cannot handle critics your in the wrong field.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

You know, I really could care less if they ALL hate each other, I just wanted to add that some of the best couples with the most chemistry on screen, hated each other off screen........I'm just saying.....................it's possible

Cookala

misch
Jan 31 2009, 11:12 PM
i was actually saddened to see the thread had been deleted the first time because this discussion got heated. i was looking forward to seeing everyone's thoughts. i am a huge j&m fan and deidre hall is the reason i started watching the show. i do believe people are entitled to their opinions.
do i believe dee and drake hated each other. no i don't. but do i think they have had their moments, yes i do. could they have been in a middle of a moment when this all went down. of course. but we don't know.
if you ever played on a sports team you know you do not always get along equally with your teammates. but you always respect each other and you do love each other for the common journey you share. sometimes you hug after the game and sometimes you walk away, shake hands and come back the next day at practice. there are times you have a game, leave the field, have a beer and tell each other "i love you man or woman!" no matter what.
dee and drake were kindred spirits or a kinship of mutual respect and trust (that's what she said in her video). You don't have to be friends but you respect the journey you are on together and that's where i equate it to being on a team. no matter what, you stand by each other, you have history, you will do anything for that person but there are bumps along the road. to me from the things i have read and seen this is how i view dee and drake's relationship. it's a relationship that transcends traditional friendships but just like a ying to the yang there is a certain kinship, love, understanding, whatever you call it that remains. you don't spend 23 years together and not have that kind of understanding. and it's a very difficult thing to fake and if you ever been a part of any type of team you will get that.
:smooch:
Great post, Misch. :cheers:

angie

annn1
Feb 1 2009, 11:05 AM
Drew

not to mention the fact that deidre and drake dated before he and victoria got back together. that has to be awkward for all three of them since dee and drake worked together 20 years after the fact!

Cookala

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Like people who cannot stand each other can pose for pictures like this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
As a relative newcomer to the show (2007), I wasn't a huge Jarlena fan, but those are *adorable* photos and I agree; they don't look like two people who can't stand each other.

I'll truly miss John Black Dimera.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Like someone working for her fan club is going to up and say "Yep, they hate each other and Corday hates them too"

Quote:

if I ''hated'' someone there is no frickin way I would wanna work with them for over 20 years,being an actress myself I would just look for other work,

Dee and Drake both know that they ain't going to get any other work besides soaps. Fact is, Deidre Hall is not as popular as she was when she left for Primetime the first time, and all Drake's ever done is DAYS. Professional actors don't throw a hissy or quit a job because they don't get along with a coworker.

Quote:

again I say just because a person is an actor doesn't mean they ''act'' 24/7,let alone,lie to fans at personal apperances,thats an insult,now

Again, I say, that's their job! That's what they are paid to do, to sell a product, in this case, DAYS

Quote:

unless Drake or Deidre admit to it,I think we all need to shut it.

C'mon now, they are too profesional for that.

And you can "shut it" anytime you want.
Edited by Rick, Feb 1 2009, 03:05 PM.

Mason

Marry me, Rick? LoL :wub2:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

The source didn't say that Dee and Drake had ALWAYS hated each other. They've worked together for over 20 years. Maybe they got along great at the beginning but had a falling out somewhere along the way. It happens. But, they are professionals and I wouldn't expect any of that to come through onscreen or at fan events, public appearances, or anywhere they were together.

All I know is that I've heard the same rumors. But, since it didn't effect what happened onscreen, I didn't much care one way or another. Still don't. Whether they were best friends or barely civil, they made things work onscreen very successfully for a long time. Isn't that what is really important?

Jiggs
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Feb 1 2009, 03:57 AM
As sungrey said, we have seen other pairings or couples really pull the wool over people's eyes and the truth never came out until much later and I'm sure there are still some people out there, online and off, that still don't know or still don't believe it. Some could care less and some just plain don't want to know that stuff and I don't blame them. Watching soaps, TV, films, etc was much easier when I didn't know so much but the Internet changed all that. I don't let it bother me anymore and I think people should try not to let it bother them, if they can. Not everyone can and some let it affect them and that's fine. Everyone is entitled.

I think the thing is this has been going on for so long that, at this point, I think many are just spent. It's such a passionate issue for many people for many reasons. I think some, including me, just want a break from the J&M drama because it's been going on for so long but I do understand why their fans want to vent and still feel it's relevant. I just think it needs to be understood that some are sick to death of the topic but that doesn't mean anyone is saying no one can continue to voice their opinion on the issue. Being tired of the issue is an opinion in and of itself.
Well, I never get tired of this topic, and clearly you never will either :)

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I heard the very same rumors most notably during Sheffer's tenure.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Personally I don't give a flying monkey fuck if they hated eachother or not. They rocked this viewers world on screen and that is all I care about. :D

As for Ken Corday to use the budget as an excuse to get rid of them... wouldn't surprise me.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Rick
Feb 1 2009, 03:03 PM
Like someone working for her fan club is going to up and say "Yep, they hate each other and Corday hates them too"

Quote:

if I ''hated'' someone there is no frickin way I would wanna work with them for over 20 years,being an actress myself I would just look for other work,

Dee and Drake both know that they ain't going to get any other work besides soaps. Fact is, Deidre Hall is not as popular as she was when she left for Primetime the first time, and all Drake's ever done is DAYS. Professional actors don't throw a hissy or quit a job because they don't get along with a coworker.

Quote:

again I say just because a person is an actor doesn't mean they ''act'' 24/7,let alone,lie to fans at personal apperances,thats an insult,now

Again, I say, that's their job! That's what they are paid to do, to sell a product, in this case, DAYS

Quote:

unless Drake or Deidre admit to it,I think we all need to shut it.

C'mon now, they are too profesional for that.

And you can "shut it" anytime you want.
Gotta love how anti fans think they know everything,its Drake and Dee's personal lives,therefore its NOBODIES business.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply