Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The REAL Reason Hall & Hogestyn Were Fired
Topic Started: Jan 31 2009, 07:31 AM (9,399 Views)
ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I don't buy this for two seconds. KC looked at the budget and decided that he was going to keep Bo & Hope over John and Marlena. It was not that he hated Dee and Drake. He just knew that it was time to try to bring up the new characters and try to resurrect Days and pull in Generation Y (almost as big as the Baby Boomer generation) to the soap like how Days concentrated on the younger set in the mid 80s and resurrected the soap then. He kept Mickey/Maggie over Doug/Julie.

This isn't personal. It's business. Some may think KC is making the wrong decisions but it's his show and he can do what he wants.

As for Drake and Dee, maybe they are not that close outside the show. That does not mean they hate each other. Just because they enjoy working with other actors and don't mind other pairings for their characters does not mean they hate each other. As an actor you want to expand your skills and build your character.

Nelson likes to make things up to try to stir things up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

ElvisDiMera
Feb 1 2009, 05:41 PM
This isn't personal. It's business.
Why does it have to be either or? Why isn't it possible that it's both?

Quote:

How do you know he made it up? Were you there when he spoke to his source?
Edited by Mason, Feb 1 2009, 05:59 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Feb 1 2009, 05:58 PM
ElvisDiMera
Feb 1 2009, 05:41 PM
This isn't personal. It's business.
Why does it have to be either or? Why isn't it possible that it's both?

Quote:

How do you know he made it up? Were you there when he spoke to his source?
In all honesty, this is the sort of thing that's pretty hard to substantiate, at least unless we hear from the parties involved. I will agree that "Hate" is a strong word. They COULD have said "Drake and Dee had difficulty getting along" or something to that effect. Or, "sources at the set say that Dee was difficult to get along with " or "Drake was difficult to get along with". This still doesn't make it true, but it sounds a little more, well..............journalistic. Just my opinion. The word "hate" is bound to stir up hard feelings, as we well saw on this board. If he was willing to use that word, he should have been willing to admit people weren't going to agree with him and would get pretty heated. As it is, it turned into a bashing fest from BOTH sides involved.

Mason

But Nelson wasn't the one that used the word "hate". That was his source who said that, if you'll all recall.

e83talus
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 1 2009, 06:30 PM
But Nelson wasn't the one that used the word "hate". That was his source who said that, if you'll all recall.
No Nelson just called us morons for not believing what he wrote....
That was not called for either.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

e83talus
Feb 1 2009, 08:12 PM
Mason
No Nelson just called us morons for not believing what he wrote....
That was not called for either.
Yeah really,not believing someone doesn't make you a moron.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
I'm not going to rehash this anymore except to say he didn't do much to soften this source, did he? And he didn't handle it well when people disagreed with him.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
He did use HATE in one of his posts in that thread however. I believe he said something like "they hate each other. deal with it".

Mason

I KNOW you were called morons. How could I not? You all won't stop whining about it!

"I was called a MORON!" OMG Big deal! What are we, in first grade?! Suck it up, and get over it, already.
Edited by Mason, Feb 1 2009, 09:21 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Lots of rude things were said that night, both by Nelson and other posters.

Re-hashing it will accomplish nothing. :)

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Feb 1 2009, 04:46 PM
Gotta love how anti fans think they know everything,its Drake and Dee's personal lives,therefore its NOBODIES business.
anti fan?

Please do not presume that I am an anti fan. I love Deidre more than any other actress in daytime and she's the the main reason I started watching DAYS.

And no, it may not be our business, but when a person decides to become an actor or any public figure for that matter, they have no personal life anymore. That's the price they pay for fame.

And as for your reported post, When have I "bashed" anyone?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ive no doubt that Deidre and Drake have had ups and downs, good days and bad.. arguments and days filled with laughter.
Its always been very obvious that Victoria is or has been jealous.. and who could blame her.
Drake and Dee have always refered to eachother as their TV, or "Other" Husband/Wife.
They have some incredibly sexy and passionate experiences onscreen and that must be difficult.
They had a very real relationship for a year until it became known Victoria was expecting a child. Their affair ended ubruptly and Dee stepped aside.
Drake married on 12/31 and then Deidre married within a year. That one ended, but what Ive always wondered about was the fact they share a wedding anniversary 12/31(Or shared) ~next marriage~ ...kinda Odd IMO *LOL*... All in all Im sure it must have been difficult for everyone.

Drake has always remarked (Repeatedly and devoutly.....) How much he loves his wife, no doubt he felt he need to reassure her, considering all she is faced with. Im sure it must be VERY hard for his wife, especially faced with this legendary soap couple, she may have even had awful, hateful fan encounters some fans cantseperate actors from characters.

I can totally understand the they have not had a social friendship outside the studio. Its about respect, and probably best for everyone.

But I dont believe they hate eachother for a second, though Im sure they, like anyone have had rough times. I actually think the distance between them speaks volumes,.... and it doesnt speak of hate.. IMO it speaks of a strong trust and respect.
Considering 20 years working together their admitted trust and respect, certain revelations and emotions devulged at certain times.. I think the business relationship is a choice born of respect for Mrs Hogestyn.

Quite frankly this is all speculation, and many will believe what they want until its proven otherwise.
One thing that is fact *For most* and that is that John and Marlena were a great love story and they will be missed by millions.
Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Taelyn
Feb 2 2009, 01:43 AM
Ive no doubt that Deidre and Drake have had ups and downs, good days and bad.. arguments and days filled with laughter.
Its always been very obvious that Victoria is EXTREMELY jealous.. and who could blame her.
Drake and Dee have always refered to eachother as their TV, or "Other" Husband/Wife.
They have some incredibly sexy and passionate experiences.
They had a very real relationship for a year until it became known Victoria was expecting a child. Their affair ended ubruptly and Dee stepped aside.
Drake married on 12/31 and then Deidre married within a year. That one ended, but what Ive always wondered about was the fact they share a wedding anniversary 12/31(Or shared) ~next marriage~ ...kinda Odd IMO *LOL*... All in all Im sure it must have been difficult for everyone.

Drake has always remarked (Repeatedly.....) How much he loves his wife, no doubt he felt he need to reassure her. Im sure it must be VERY hard for his wife, especially faced with this legendary couple, she may have even had awful, hateful fan encounters.

I can totally understand the they have not had a social friendship outside the studio. Its about respect.

I dont believe they hate eachother for a second, though Im sure they, like anyone have had rough times. I actually think the distance between them speaks volumes,.... and it doesnt speak of hate.. IMO.
Considering 20 years working together their admitted trust and respect, certain revelations and emotions devulged at certain times.. I think the business relationship is a choice born of respect for Mrs Hogestyn.

Quite frankly this is all speculation, and many will believe what they want until its proven otherwise.
One thing that is fact *For most* and that is that John and Marlena were a great love story and they will be missed by millions.
I will have to respectfully disagree with all this.

niki

I have yet to get an answer as to why? Why does this matter? It is the characters we like and whether the actors like or dislike one another, it is what is produced on screen that should matter. I love what is put on screen between J&M so I don't really care how well D&D do or don't get along. It's none of our business so why are we all arguing about things none of us are in a position to ascertain the accuracy of or not?
I don't mean this to sound harsh, I'm just bemused by the heated argument over something none of us can determine one way or the other - which is why the debate seems pointless. We each will have our own view on this and there will be no persuading anyone else because quite simply, there are no facts on either side - just rumour, speculation and our own individual interpretations to that.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

There is a poor dead horse being beaten in this thread.

Posted Image

zyona

Tammy
Feb 1 2009, 04:39 PM
Personally I don't give a flying monkey fuck if they hated eachother or not. They rocked this viewers world on screen and that is all I care about. :D

As for Ken Corday to use the budget as an excuse to get rid of them... wouldn't surprise me.
AMEN!!!

Love Medea, i wish you can bring her in for this thread.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

niki
Feb 2 2009, 07:21 AM
I have yet to get an answer as to why? Why does this matter? It is the characters we like and whether the actors like or dislike one another, it is what is produced on screen that should matter. I love what is put on screen between J&M so I don't really care how well D&D do or don't get along. It's none of our business so why are we all arguing about things none of us are in a position to ascertain the accuracy of or not?
I don't mean this to sound harsh, I'm just bemused by the heated argument over something none of us can determine one way or the other - which is why the debate seems pointless. We each will have our own view on this and there will be no persuading anyone else because quite simply, there are no facts on either side - just rumour, speculation and our own individual interpretations to that.
ITA, I guess it was the kind of gossipy thing that Branco couldn't help but to print, even though it is completely irrelevant and nobody can possibly know the truth of the matter, except D&D and Corday. Kind of like the stupid juvenile stuff on TMZ.

LoLo

Oh Diva! strikes again. and calls out Nelson Branco. dayum.
Oh Diva!
Edited by LoLo, Feb 3 2009, 05:40 AM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

This is the way I see it ... Nelson is basically a soap critic - he is not trying to be objective even when he supposedly is reporting the soap news and scoops. I see spin and bias in most of his reporting. He has favorites! Is he fair NO ... Is he a balanced journalist NO. But He at least is up front about it and I respect that. The problem is that Nelson writes (3) articles a week and in one he puts his critic hat on and the other he put his opinion writer hat on and then the other he puts his reporter hat on. Things get blurred. And as a reader we have to understand it gets difficult for any writer to stay objective given the many hats he has to have on. We know that Nelson does not like Days! He trashes this show up and down. He now says he is boycotting this show. Since he is no longer watching Days he can not be deemed even a creditable critic of this show IMO. But he can report the news and he can give opinion based on what he has heard. But it is what it is! Nelson is a big boy he is in the field of journalism and when he becomes part of the story he is reporting then I think it is right for him to step away from the subject. Nelson is doing his job in regards to getting buzz for his article and I suspect the contraversary got him many hits. His editors will be happy with that!
Edited by cjknick, Feb 3 2009, 09:10 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

LoLo
Feb 3 2009, 05:36 AM
Oh Diva! strikes again. and calls out Nelson Branco. dayum.
Oh Diva!
Is that the same Diva?

The other Diva's blog is on blogspot.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply