Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The REAL Reason Hall & Hogestyn Were Fired
Topic Started: Jan 31 2009, 07:31 AM (9,608 Views)
Kyrai

Jiggs
Feb 2 2009, 05:34 PM
niki
Feb 2 2009, 07:21 AM
I have yet to get an answer as to why? Why does this matter? It is the characters we like and whether the actors like or dislike one another, it is what is produced on screen that should matter. I love what is put on screen between J&M so I don't really care how well D&D do or don't get along. It's none of our business so why are we all arguing about things none of us are in a position to ascertain the accuracy of or not?
I don't mean this to sound harsh, I'm just bemused by the heated argument over something none of us can determine one way or the other - which is why the debate seems pointless. We each will have our own view on this and there will be no persuading anyone else because quite simply, there are no facts on either side - just rumour, speculation and our own individual interpretations to that.
ITA, I guess it was the kind of gossipy thing that Branco couldn't help but to print, even though it is completely irrelevant and nobody can possibly know the truth of the matter, except D&D and Corday. Kind of like the stupid juvenile stuff on TMZ.
I just think about it as the National Enquirer. It can be interesting to read, but you don't have to believe it. I also think soaps like any kind of publicity, and if nothing else, this took focus away from the horrible exit story and made J&M fans defensive instead. If I were Corday, I'd be very happy with it.

I'm disappointed because I wanted some real info about the ending story. They all hate each other was pretty anti-climactic after the build-up. I still prefer CJNick's version about Deidre walking and Drake going with her, lol.

disclaimer - I don't read the Enquirer except for glancing at the headlines while waiting in the grocery line. Based on the headlines, I'm assuming much, if not all of it is fake, but I don't claim to know if it is or not. I'm not knocking it. It's just not to my taste.
Edited by Kyrai, Feb 3 2009, 11:34 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pudge Goddess
Member Avatar

Taelyn
Feb 2 2009, 01:43 AM
Its always been very obvious that Victoria is or has been jealous.. and who could blame her.
Always been obvious to whom? Please.

Why should Drake's wife be jealous? Because she's not the great icon Deidre Hall and no one can compare to that? GMAB. Who does Drake choose to share a home with and come home to every night? Who did he choose to have children with? Who does he choose to spend his free time with? Who does he take with him when he goes on vacation? Who does he choose to share his life with?

I'll agree with one point you made, about speculation. I think it's pure speculation, fanwanking and wishful thinking about Deidre and Drake being hot for each other behind the scenes, past or present. None of us are privy to the details of their personal lives. I find it sad that fandom of a soap actress takes over to such a degree that Drake's real life wife gets dragged into it.

And that's all I have to say about that.

hops
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Feb 3 2009, 09:34 AM
I just think about it as the National Enquirer. It can be interesting to read, but you don't have to believe it. I also think soaps like any kind of publicity, and if nothing else, this took focus away from the horrible exit story and made J&M fans defensive instead. If I were Corday, I'd be very happy with it.

I think if I were Corday, I'd be pretty pleased too. He has gotten nothing but free publicity since it was announced that Deidre and Drake were fired.

angelbaby19212
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing

Kyrai

hops
Feb 4 2009, 11:52 PM
Kyrai
Feb 3 2009, 09:34 AM

I think if I were Corday, I'd be pretty pleased too. He has gotten nothing but free publicity since it was announced that Deidre and Drake were fired.
Exactly. I would expect the ratings to rise, at least temporarily, from the publicity alone.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply