Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friends
Topic Started: Jan 31 2009, 01:47 PM (8,115 Views)
☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This show isn't exactly "retro" but it did get cancelled, so I think its fair to discuss it. This was by far the best show on tv to date!

The finale was so sad but perfect in every way.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Loved Friends! One of my all-time faves! Phoebe was amazing. I wish she'd been given a spin-off instead of Joey, which SUCKED.

Some of my favorite moments:

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Here are my two fav scenes.

1) Ross gets a tan

2) Where Ross sings to Emma

As hilarious as Joey and even Chandlar were, IMO Ross was the funniest. I liked his dry sense of humour.

Mason
Member Avatar

IMO, the show was never as good during the later seasons as it was during Seasons 2-6. After Season 6, it seemed like the show lost something.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

After Chandlar and Monica got married, the whole outlook changed for me. It was no longer just six friends anymore. Still, the final season was my favorite because its where everything wrapped up except for Joey.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

See, I thought this was a show that got better every season. I loved it!! I wish so badly that the cast would just break down and do a reunion.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

This is one show I don't want to see a reunion for. I think it ended in a perfect way. The finale was very conclusive, and there were no questions left in my mind. I would fear too much that a reunion may take away from that awesome ending.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm sure there'll be a reunion at some point. But I don't think it'll be for another few years - at least.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Does anyone else think Ross & Rachel are overrated? I was so over them a long time ago. I actually thought Joey & Rachel would of been great.

Mason
Member Avatar

^ No way! Total Ross & Rachel fan here! LoL. HAAAATED Joey & Rachel.
Edited by Mason, Jan 31 2009, 10:30 PM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Boo Mason! I grew so tired of them after the whole "WE WERE ON A BREAK" fiasco.
Edited by darraholic, Jan 31 2009, 10:36 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

darraholic
Jan 31 2009, 10:35 PM
Boo Mason! I grew so tired of them after the whole "WE WERE ON A BREAK" fiasco.
Monica and Chandler were a million times better than Ross and Rachel ever were or could have been.
Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

ITA. Chandler & Monica were great together.

Mason
Member Avatar

The "we were on a break" thing did get old pretty quickly, I'll give you that. LoL

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Did you notice that EVERY season finale EXCEPT seasons 2 & 6, the cliffhanger had to deal w/ Ross and Rachel?

Scott
Member Avatar

I love this show!!! I have every season on DVD and have watched them over and over again.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I was a Joey and Rachel fan, too. They were adorable together, primarily because it was so refreshing. In the end, I'm glad Ross and Rachel prevailed though. After all those triumphs, I think it was the perfect ending.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yeah I didn't like Joey and Rachel either. It came off very forced to me.
Quote Post Goto Top

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Phoebe was my fave,the things she would randomly say,I LOVED it,Chandler was my favorite male,I LOVE Matthew Perry.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I absolutely hated when Phoebe had her brother's triplets. That was the first storyline for me to watch. It was just icky!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Retro TV Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply